April 25, 2024, 06:44:15 PM

Author Topic: Charles, Shabazz waiting on Beenhakker to know fates.  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Charles, Shabazz waiting on Beenhakker to know fates.
« on: June 20, 2013, 01:58:26 AM »
Charles, Shabazz waiting on Beenhakker to know fates.
By Roger Seepersad (Express).

HANGING IN LIMBO

The recent appointment of former Canada coach Stephen Hart as Trinidad and Tobago senior team head coaches will leave his predecessors in a state of limbo, at least until this weekend.

Hart will take over from former T&T co-head coaches Jamaal Shabazz and Hutson Charles as the national team gets ready for the CONCACAF Gold Cup, which kicks off early next month.

TTFA general secretary Sheldon Phillips said that Hart was their first choice for head coach.

Phillips said that Hart was recommended by newly-appointed director of football, former T&T coach, Leo Beenhakker, and that the support staff for the national team will be finalised when the new coach arrives.

“As far as Mr Shabazz and Mr Charles, Mr Hart has been in contact with Mr Charles and is interested in meeting with the other members of the technical staff when he arrives in Trinidad,” Phillips said.

“The technical staff that will be going up to the Gold Cup has not been finalised. Mr Hart is eager to meet with the staff members and has been in direct contact with Mr Charles in preparation and to help set up the upcoming training camp,” Phillips added.

Phillips said Hart will arrive in Trinidad over the weekend and the national team training camp will start on Sunday with players checking in.

Former “Soca Warrior” Brent Sancho, who played under Beenhakker at the 2006 World Cup is backing the appointment of his former coach as director of football and Hart as T&T head coach, but also wants both appointments to have some “longevity”.

Read More

« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 02:11:25 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Charles, Shabazz waiting on Beenhakker to know fates.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 04:50:33 AM »
Good talk Sancho.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 06:46:28 AM »
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 07:14:36 AM »
I'm getting the feeling that Shabazz is out  :praying:... and Charles will be offered a little assistant position  :thumbsup:

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 08:40:39 AM »
I'm getting the feeling that Shabazz is out  :praying:... and Charles will be offered a little assistant position  :thumbsup:

Didn't I read somewhere that Shabazz say he wasn't interested in being an assistant to Hart?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 09:16:36 AM »
I know Hart through telephone conversations, he is very approachable & down to earth.
When Canada football was struggling with player development at youth ages, he had ideas
as U17 coach and was later made TD.

Most of his ideas were put in place & he was part of
the Long Term Athlete Development project. he was also instrumental in placing the present
staff in place. Since that time Canada has done fairly well at U17 level at both Male & Female.

He will not go over well in T&T. His ideas are based on a  long term vision,  planning & a complete team work
where all staff are connected from youth to senior. He also made it clear that developing individuals
&  performance was more important that winning a youth tournament.

With this senior team he inheriting a bacanal thing since 2006. Yet everyone will expect results right now. Not happening at all.
Hope Don Beenie could bring some light into T&T Football with a vision.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 09:30:18 AM »

Didn't I read somewhere that Shabazz say he wasn't interested in being an assistant to Hart?

Then it will be easier to say adios.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 10:03:43 AM »
I know Hart through telephone conversations, he is very approachable & down to earth.
When Canada football was struggling with player development at youth ages, he had ideas

the Long Term Athlete Development project. he was also instrumental in placing the present
staff in place. Since that time Canada has done fairly well at U17 level at both Male & Female.

He will not go over well in T&T. His ideas are based on a  long term vision,  planning & a complete team work
where all staff are connected from youth to senior. He also made it clear that developing individuals

With this senior team he inheriting a bacanal thing since 2006. Yet everyone will expect results right now. Not happening at all.

Oh lord... I hoping this is not the case... but it sounding familiar
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 10:16:20 AM »

Oh lord... I hoping this is not the case... but it sounding familiar
Should be fine as I believe the administration (Tim Kee & Phillips) is of the same or similar mind, hence the hiring of SH and Beenie. That doesn't mean however that the national teams can go on 10 game losing streaks. Even if he loses a few games though I think as long as the teams in general show tangible/visible signs of improvement he'll be fine.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 11:17:36 AM »
Honestly, Harte should bring in his own sports medicine, strength and conditioning, and nutrition personnel.   We are lacking in those areas. 

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 11:49:16 AM »
Honestly, Harte should bring in his own sports medicine, strength and conditioning, and nutrition personnel.   We are lacking in those areas. 
Who paying for dat??
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 12:24:29 PM »
Who paying for dat??

Not you.  Why you worried about that?   ;D

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 01:11:42 PM »
Who paying for dat??

Last i checked you were the one who was worried. as for me,  i only worry but my immediate circumstance. not worried my friend, just asking a question that you failed to properly answer.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 01:14:39 PM »
Who paying for dat??

Last i checked you were the one who was worried. as for me,  i only worry but my immediate circumstance. not worried my friend, just asking a question that you failed to properly answer.

I not in this tit for tat with you.  More pertinent things to discuss.

1]; } ?>