March 29, 2024, 04:36:22 AM

Author Topic: 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup  (Read 9472 times)

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup
« on: June 21, 2013, 09:18:04 PM »
Didn't want to start a thread but couldn't find anywhere to insert it.

Couldn't help but notice, Spain win the U-21 Euros the other day, now they have ah whole new team in the U-20 WC and men from Real and Barca, and this one from Liverpool (Suso) who I didn't realize was ah lil boy.

Anyway I doh know what in the drinking agua in Spain but we need to giving dat to all we young ballers, oh and when Hart leave get ah Spanish coach ;)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:50:44 PM by Tallman »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: U-20 World Cup??
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 09:43:45 PM »
Deulofeu and Jese are monsters in the making. And yes that Suso was off my radar entirely. He played very well.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:52:37 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 09:47:20 AM »
Yeah Deulofeu is naked fire, I want to see him in other games to see if he really that fast or if was just the US defense that was that slow.

I love the free-kick marker vanishing spray!!! Hopefully see it at WC next year.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 10:56:31 AM »
Greece 88' goal takes Mexico 2-1

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 03:00:16 PM »
...anybody have de Spain-USA highlights to show zeppo?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 08:06:15 AM »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 11:39:48 AM »
http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/highlights/video/video=2115346/index.html

I enjoyed that....but how much alyuh tink we woulda get...........because to quote d english, d usa was at sixes and sevens throughout .....whey dat leave we?
I pity the fool....

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 12:36:24 PM »
http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/highlights/video/video=2115346/index.html

I enjoyed that....but how much alyuh tink we woulda get...........because to quote d english, d usa was at sixes and sevens throughout .....whey dat leave we?

So US have men that BEEN playing in MLS, Mexico, Germany and (I believe) one or two other places? Which U-20 or U-21 we have of note that playing anywhere? So yeah bredda it wouldna been ah pretty sight to see we against Jese et al :(

giggsy11

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 08:32:35 PM »
Dem Ghanaian yutemen well share beats today, against the US! Every US player get ah taste!

giggsy11

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 09:12:50 PM »
The young star tuh keep yuh eye on is Bruma of Portugal. Fella have energy, skill, technique and intent for days, and he is only 18!

giggsy11

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 12:25:04 PM »
Watching the England side- some of their players as one dimensional as they senor players/younger version of the senior sides. Their number 9 only good enough tuh get tap ins or another Andy Carroll waiting to happen. No creativity, except for the United player Cole ;D. And it is amazing the coaches they have working with these youths. Old men like Peter Taylor and Psycho who grew up playing boom kick football. Why they still think these English coaches know how to groom young players into all round players is beyond me.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 05:09:00 PM »
Watching the England side- some of their players as one dimensional as they senor players/younger version of the senior sides. Their number 9 only good enough tuh get tap ins or another Andy Carroll waiting to happen. No creativity, except for the United player Cole ;D. And it is amazing the coaches they have working with these youths. Old men like Peter Taylor and Psycho who grew up playing boom kick football. Why they still think these English coaches know how to groom young players into all round players is beyond me.

england does not send their best team to these under 20 tournaments ... i don't know why ... they have much much better players at this level
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 06:15:39 PM »

england does not send their best team to these under 20 tournaments ... i don't know why ... they have much much better players at this level

Look England just send a "bess" squad to the Euro U21 and dey tootz down Israel. That squad fail, this U20 squad fail and they anxious about the senior team qualifying for the WC next year. Ah starting to see more angst filled editorials in the English press about the state of their football. Maybe now they beginning to realize that the shine of the Premier League has been blinding them for too long, their youth development policies are deficient, they are being left behind and they have sacrificed their national teams at the altar of the Premier League.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 06:19:22 PM by grimm01 »

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2013, 03:52:01 AM »

Look England just send a "bess" squad to the Euro U21 and dey tootz down Israel. That squad fail, this U20 squad fail and they anxious about the senior team qualifying for the WC next year. Ah starting to see more angst filled editorials in the English press about the state of their football. Maybe now they beginning to realize that the shine of the Premier League has been blinding them for too long, their youth development policies are deficient, they are being left behind and they have sacrificed their national teams at the altar of the Premier League.

You all have the teams the wrong way round the U-20 team was supposed to be the 'Bright lights' this year they were as close to full strength as you are ever likely to see England put out at any youth tournament. I think the U-21's were missing about 9 (if you don't count the guys with the Brazil squad) players - none had sustained injuries to exclude them from playin - who could have started in Israel. That is why Pearce was complaining, just takin the Norway loss; Norway had 3 players who played fuh their full national team and were then immediately flown to Israel for the u-21 tournament.

As for the U-20 side, I agree with giggsy that they lacked creativity but if you watched the whole of their three games an not jus the highlights they should have easily beat Iraq and Egypt and won a tight one against Chile. I have never seen more dominant England performances than the First Halves against Iraq and Egypt. They should have been leading both by at least 3 at half-time. Is when they were chasing games needing to get ah result that the lack of creativity really stood out, they only seemed to do one thing (for the most part) play it wide and hope fuh ah good cross to come in. And that hardly happen.

Can't agree on Taylor and Pearce - Taylor was in the same boat as Hart is, joined the squad just before the tournament. I thought he prepared the team excellently, national managers can't teach strikers how to score, wingers how to cross and midfielders how to pass. Pearce results have spoke fuh themselves - 2 finals and a semi final loss on penalties, I think he just lost his motivation after years of having tuh make do with the crumbs thrown his way as he has never had anywhere near a full strength squad to pick from.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 06:02:58 AM »

"Look England just send a "bess" squad to the Euro U21!!!" yuh sure bout that ...........
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1689286-fifa-under-20-world-cup-poor-selections-symptomatic-of-englands-youth-failure
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 06:49:15 AM »
England is garbage. End of story. Iraq......Iraq...... England couldn't beat Iraq. What kind of coaching and facilities do you think Iraq has compared to England's. I was certain Egypt would beat them.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 06:52:00 AM »
That article confirmed what I felt while watching the game...Harry Kane especially!! I said there's no way in hell he is he best U-20 target forward in England. The youth miss about 6 goal yes :(

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 08:46:23 AM »
England is garbage. End of story. Iraq......Iraq...... England couldn't beat Iraq. What kind of coaching and facilities do you think Iraq has compared to England's. I was certain Egypt would beat them.

but iraq beat egypt african U20 champions  and chile who beat argentina  and top group  in the south american youth cup....iraq does have a  Iraqi Premier League ..... you think they are back wards ... again a throw together english  team even if they did not bring their best u20 there are better player than this crop....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2013, 09:17:37 AM »

but iraq beat egypt african U20 champions  and chile who beat argentina  and top group  in the south american youth cup....iraq does have a  Iraqi Premier League ..... you think they are back wards ... again a throw together english  team even if they did not bring their best u20 there are better player than this crop....
Egypt is a more organised team, that why I thought they were fair better against England.

We could change the Pro-League to the TT Premier League too.  Furthermore I said as compared to England. Obviously England literally has hundreds of better grounds and thousands of certified coaches.

giggsy11

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 08:59:31 AM »
Great match up showing on ESPNU. Portugal v Ghana. Hope tuh see serious beats passin. Bruma #11 on display and #7 Acheampong for Ghana! Portugal seems tuh have some serious talent coming up. Real nice tuh watch. Hope dey can be successful at the next level.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 09:13:22 AM by Giggsy11 »

giggsy11

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 09:19:56 AM »
Some ah dem Ghanaian fellas have some hard and ole looking pans boi. Jah! Goal sah, one ah dey hard face ole looking players #15, just scored a sweet one.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 09:55:38 AM »
Some ah dem Ghanaian fellas have some hard and ole looking pans boi. Jah! Goal sah, one ah dey hard face ole looking players #15, just scored a sweet one.

nigeria too...but i ent going there today.  yesterday nigeria keeper let them down...i listen to it in spanish and whole game them men going on and on about how "unorthodox" the nigeria keeper was.     france...my word. that is a bomb squad...it was men against boys against turkey yesterday.  they drew with usa in the group stage but they took the foot off the gas otherwise tab ramos side coulda collect about 5.     

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 10:00:53 AM »
of the players i have seen, that jese from spain is a dan...the #10 from colombia quintero...he is a general my word.  pogba is very impressive, he will be in the senior midfield before too long i think he is already better than some playing for the senior side.  barkley from england was good too, he mightn't stay in everton much longer

giggsy11

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 10:19:58 AM »
Impressed with Ghana's defensive play-very organized and disciplined. Dey also working the ball around the pitch well.

I love different and unique sounding footballer names ; some of these Portuguese players have some real sexy football names boi. Their names soundin nice rollin off the tongue compared to some of the present day Brasilian names out here. Bruma will be United's, since we have a set up with his team in Portugal.

giggsy11

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2013, 10:52:26 AM »
Portugal out. Hard luck guys; to bad the fellas in the wall pull a Nasri .Well done Ghana, very impressive; played composed, discipline and effective ball.

giggsy11

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2013, 01:54:09 PM »
of the players i have seen, that jese from spain is a dan...the #10 from colombia quintero...he is a general my word.  pogba is very impressive, he will be in the senior midfield before too long i think he is already better than some playing for the senior side.  barkley from england was good too, he mightn't stay in everton much longer

Yeah, he is special, and just relentless on the ball. He just scored a free kick in injury time tuh send the match tuh extra time.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2013, 02:13:56 PM »
Did anyone see the Mexican's goal against Spain yesterday? Sweet volley from a tight angle too.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2013, 02:54:47 PM »
hard luck colombia...penalties is a real lottery

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2013, 07:23:58 PM »
Rebic was impressive, but hard luck.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2013, 06:22:02 AM »
All yuh what time are the two games today?  EST that is.  TV6 broadcasting them late, late tonight and I want to see the Ghana vs. Chile game for sure.....

I have this link

http://www.sportwebz.com/  and it looking like all kinda drama to stream the game.....so ah need ah link too.....please and thanks....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>