March 28, 2024, 05:39:05 PM

Author Topic: Tim Kee admits: Wrong process in coaching swap.  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Tim Kee admits: Wrong process in coaching swap.
« on: June 25, 2013, 02:02:10 AM »
Tim Kee admits: Wrong process in coaching swap.
By Kern De Freitas (Express).

Right intention, wrong process.

That’s how Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president Raymond Tim Kee described his decision to hire Stephen Hart as senior national head coach at the expense of previous co-head coaches Jamaal Shabazz and Hutson Charles.

While Charles—who has been T&T head coach for over a year, including eight months alongside Shabazz—and Derek King have been included in the technical team as assistant coaches to Hart, Shabazz has declined the offer.

Tim Kee stated yesterday at a press conference to officially unveil Hart as national coach—who subsequently had his first training session with the team at Hasely Crawford Stadium—that in retrospect, he would have handled the changeover differently.

Tim Kee also conceded that since his tenure began in November last year he had made some mistakes, but said he was learning.

The TTFA head remarked that a lot of comments and speculation had been made in the media after he had been spotted with former T&T coach Leo Beenhakker at the team’s recent outing away to Romania, most of which he said was untrue.

Tim Kee said his decision to replace Charles and Shabazz did not mean they were “not good enough”. But he added that if the TTFA’s latest move did not pan out, he would be the first to apologise for it.

Read More

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 02:12:27 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tim Kee admits: Wrong process in coaching swap.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 06:08:56 AM »
Allyuh could say what allyuh want, but this man is a fresh breath of air in comparison to the stench we had to undergo for the past 20 yrs, particularly the last six of them where we saw things went from bad to worst with this up and down motion like a seesaw.

thank you God for raymond timkee, finally, someone that truly cares for football in T&T. JMO. :applause: :applause: :cheers:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 06:33:28 AM »
I must admit, Tim Kee is doing a great job expect for blanking Flex an interview, he doing ok.

Still dont trust de f00cker though. Time go tell.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 09:20:23 AM »
Wow when last we hear anyone from the TTFF/TTFA cabal admit to making a mistake? 
Good signs from Tim Kee.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 09:49:46 AM by Peong »

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 09:31:23 AM »
I was watching an interview with him on Andre Baptiste(shitthong) show yesterday.... Tim Kee is purely a businessman who likes Football but doesnt fully understand football

And that is what I love about him.. he not scared to make quick decisions because he have no sentiment to Football .. business men are efficient , they cant afford to wait and see....and all of choices have worked out so far

Charles needed help, got Shabazz to be the gaffer and bring a bit more discipline and structure to the team for the Caribbean Cup..where we came 2nd but struggled on route... gave the staff 5 international friendlies...not a goal scored and some poor football on display ... not good enough, goodbye

You need to be sharp, they have no sympathy in this game...

I fully expect alot of TTFA staff to be cut over the next year... a clear out in progress.. they still have alot of jokers in there

BIG MAN BUSINESS

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 09:39:06 AM »
If the previous coaches not getting paid why will bennie man and SH take the work.

they doing it as charity?

I never see men line up to do coaching work without any pay so.

something not adding up
especially since bennie making more in a month than Charles probably get paid for the year.

how is the money thing working in the ttfa

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 06:57:44 AM »
How comfortably and willingly we accept our subservient roles. Take the return to the CONCACAF Gold Cup as another example.

Ahead of this evening’s opening group fixture against El Salvador in New Jersey, it was interesting to read Lasana Liburd’s lead-in to the football tournament over the weekend on Wired868.com and a reference to Trinidad and Tobago Football Association president Raymond Tim Kee apparently saying that he placed no immediate expectations on the pairing of Leo Beenhakker and Stephen Hart, insisting that he would be happy with three battling losses.

You think Jamaal Shabazz, Hutson Charles and Derek King would have been given that sort of latitude to build something meaningful? No chance. Not with all the evidence compiled over so many years of a level of impatience and intolerance with our own, coupled with a belief, embedded deep within our DNA, that only outsiders, preferably of a lighter complexion, can save us from our own wretched circumstances.

Bertille St Clair was fired as national coach immediately after taking this country to the semi-finals of the 2000 Gold Cup. The explanation given then by Jack Warner was something along the lines that the Tobagonian had been given an ultimatum to win the Gold Cup and, having failed to do so, he had to go. And there was no outrage, no outcry that this was utterly, unbelievably ludicrous and thoroughly unacceptable given that Trinidad and Tobago had never before even advanced to the knockout stages of the event, far less to entertain the notion of winning the whole thing.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Complaintswhy-bother-214559931.html
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 07:27:50 AM »
That 2000 GC is forever etched in my memory.  Particularly Mickey's winning strike (okay yes off a deflection) to take us to a win vs Ticos into the semis.  RIP Mickey and well done Bertie, you were truly not recognized for your achievements in TT football
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 09:28:18 AM »
That 2000 GC is forever etched in my memory.  Particularly Mickey's winning strike (okay yes off a deflection) to take us to a win vs Ticos into the semis.  RIP Mickey and well done Bertie, you were truly not recognized for your achievements in TT football

4 Real!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 04:46:17 PM »
Same dung different pile

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 08:45:22 PM »
I love the detectives on the site. Remind me why fishff didn't like hart head atall

1]; } ?>