March 28, 2024, 03:04:53 PM

Author Topic: Union happy for Daniel's T&T call, but admit timing rough for club  (Read 3568 times)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gold Cup: Philadelphia Union happy for Keon Daniel's T&T call, but admit timing rough for club

Keon Daniel has already departed for CONCACAF Gold Cup duty with the Trinidad and Tobago national team, and it seemingly could not come at a worse time for the Philadelphia Union.

With midfielders Kléberson (right quad strain) and Danny Cruz (lower leg contusion) both banged up and striker Jack McInerney poised to be called up to the Gold Cup as well, the Union could be very shorthanded for their next three games: a grueling stretch against powerhouses FC Dallas (Saturday), Real Salt Lake (July 3) and Houston (July 6).

“It leaves us a little thin,” Hackworth said Wednesday during his weekly press conference, “Kléberson is about the same place he was last week at this time and that’s a negative. We think he’d progressively get better but it’s coming along a lot slower. Danny is another one … He doesn’t have a fracture but he can’t train right now. He’s definitely questionable for this week and that takes out a really important piece of our midfield right now.”

(continue)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:43:57 PM by Flex »
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Union happy for Daniel's T&T call, but admit timing rough for club
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 04:51:58 PM »
This player could have played for any team in Europe if he was serious.

Still young and still good, just need to fix his head and take his game more serious.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 06:07:50 PM »
Saw him play on sunday, we definitely need his skill in midfield

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 07:33:18 PM »
Stueps
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 12:05:03 AM »
Yes is me again...3 or 4 years ago when we play de US a practice match (WC Qualifier) in Chicago in de second half (when ah realize water more than flour) I only wanted dem to give Keon de ball so ah could watch him perform!!!

He is ah man have his detractors, he probably have ah lil hospital-head too...but when men crying him down and talking bout he should be in Romania and all dat, i went and search and see de man playing level 90 minutes for de Union, consistently...last I checked is Union paying him no? And if he want to pull ah big boy ting and only show in games dat matter, me eh ha no problem with dat!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 03:20:17 AM »
Keon is ah dan...de man ha some issues...but we all really don't know what going on orn a personal level. My only grief is that he didnt publicly apologize....he relly don't need to give us an explanation...just an apology would do. Moving forward however we've been lacking depth in the mid....molino and keon as cm....we cld get some service....I watch keon play...de man is qualityyyy...hope he brings it come national game time!!!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 05:49:19 AM »
It doh make no sense picking him and den throwing him on the wing all de damn time. De man is a CM. Dat is where he shine. It does real fret me every time I see we put him out left, as tho anybody with a left foot must run wing.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 07:34:56 AM »
It doh make no sense picking him and den throwing him on the wing all de damn time. De man is a CM. Dat is where he shine. It does real fret me every time I see we put him out left, as tho anybody with a left foot must run wing.

Ah hear what yuh saying but given the fact that we have a glut of CMs and a lack of left wingers dem is de kinda choices yuh does have to make sometimes just to get yuh best players on de field.

Now. About de Union ting. I've watched a few of their games just to get a sense of what it is that people have been raving about and for the most part I haven't seen it. He is solid player, that much I can see but what I don't see is any effort to take control of the game and really run the midfield. I gather the union use him mostly to maintain possession and that much I see. He is rarely dispossessed even under pressure and usually makes the safe pass. However, defense splitting through balls are also a rarity. My $0.02.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 08:00:53 AM »

Ah hear what yuh saying but given the fact that we have a glut of CMs and a lack of left wingers dem is de kinda choices yuh does have to make sometimes just to get yuh best players on de field.

Now. About de Union ting. I've watched a few of their games just to get a sense of what it is that people have been raving about and for the most part I haven't seen it. He is solid player, that much I can see but what I don't see is any effort to take control of the game and really run the midfield. I gather the union use him mostly to maintain possession and that much I see. He is rarely dispossessed even under pressure and usually makes the safe pass. However, defense splitting through balls are also a rarity. My $0.02.

Well good, let him replace theobald in de middle. At least he is a dead ball threat.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 08:17:53 AM »

Well good, let him replace theobald in de middle. At least he is a dead ball threat.
Agree with Mose ...me never see it..and in imo, he neither replacing Boucard, Bleeder, Hyland, (as CM's) or (for wings) Jones, Roberts, Hector or Edwards, for discipline, heart or Play...he does a good job for Union, yes..but like Mose the last games I saw, although he played well and I cheered for him...nice shots, which lead to goals etc...our midfield not as streched as Union's at present.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 09:36:16 AM »
Seen him play in the MLS several times....

Nothing special

can definetly make our team because he is playing at a high level day in and out but not anywhere close to standards in the past

like latapy, yorke, stern

role player at best and not fit enough to compete at the highest level.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 10:15:02 AM »
Daniel has the potential to be a true number 6 plays very much in the same vein as Fellaini
With regards to being a head case who knows but what I saw after last Sunday's game against the Red Bulls will surely make him a fan favorite as a young teenager asked him for his shirt and without hesitation he gave it to her...

Online Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 01:17:26 PM »
Keon Daniel is an extremely reclusive person. He isn't even on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social network and almost never does interviews. This guy lost his parents at a young age and was taken under the wing of Bertille St.Clair who assisted in harnessing his talent. Haven't some of you guys stopped to think that this might be a reason why he shuns the limelight and immerses himself in football? He had some personal issues, made a mistake during the Digicel Cup and refused to answer the calls of the TTFA while he dealt with it internally. Which when he did resurface admitted it was the wrong way to handle things and he apologised to the Charles/Shabazz. Yet, some of you wouldn't let it go and still claim that he's disrespectful and "should have his head sorted out". Some even suggested that he be blacklisted. Come on better than that fellas. I even got a bro from Lambeau, Tobago (where Keon's from) who lives UK now and de man telling me could count on one hand how many words he hear come from Keon's mouth in all de time he see de youth growing up. He all he did was play football!! Go figure!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 01:37:39 PM »
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Keon Daniel is an extremely reclusive person. He isn't even on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social network and almost never does interviews. This guy lost his parents at a young age and was taken under the wing of Bertille St.Clair who assisted in harnessing his talent. Haven't some of you guys stopped to think that this might be a reason why he shuns the limelight and immerses himself in football? He had some personal issues, made a mistake during the Digicel Cup and refused to answer the calls of the TTFA while he dealt with it internally. Which when he did resurface admitted it was the wrong way to handle things and he apologised to the Charles/Shabazz. Yet, some of you wouldn't let it go and still claim that he's disrespectful and "should have his head sorted out". Some even suggested that he be blacklisted. Come on better than that fellas. I even got a bro from Lambeau, Tobago (where Keon's from) who lives UK now and de man telling me could count on one hand how many words he hear come from Keon's mouth in all de time he see de youth growing up. He all he did was play football!! Go figure!!

Good post
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2013, 02:03:11 PM »
  Thomo  i have to admit , i at times have been disappointed  by keon's apparent lack and i  quote his apparent unwillingness to represent the red, white and black , when called upon to do so at times , however with this bit of info as it relates to  keon  !!!. i take the opportunity  to apologise to mr keon daniel if any of  my post  towards him appeared insensitive  ....  keep courage  keon and best wishes @ the gold cup

Online Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 02:33:13 PM »
@socalion. Respect due to you. He's also a cousin of MY cousin i.e. he's my aunt's husband's nephew (work it out lol) TBH, considering his nature, I won't be surprised if he keeps up with this site. Another example is when he came home to play for TnT and had visa issues getting back to the USA, it was the club that gave an explanation not a sound from the kid. He was in TnT and no-one ever heard or saw from him.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 02:54:12 PM »

Thanks for the info Thomo. I've sometimes wondered if his 'apparent' reluctance to take control and really run the Union midfield as I saw it was due to him being an introvert. What you're saying leads me to believe that there is something to it. I really hope he gets it together one day as I sense he has much more to offer. And yes, he apparently has been a fan favourite in Philly since his first stint there.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 02:55:56 PM »
i hear yuh thomo ,  Let me again wish you and your family including keon daniel the very best once again meh bro much respect as well

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 03:35:20 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up. Sometimes I questioned his desire on the field. Some games he look like a lefty-Deleon and others, he just not in it. I never questioned his problems with the TTFF and he refusal or lack of interest in returning calls to the football admin. He is not the first. But I do hope the current admin. has better lines of communication for overseas players.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 07:33:40 PM »
I hear that Thomo, and sorry for all his hardships, and totally understand his indecisions etc.. One of my sons is slightly of that ilk-academically & artistically talented and introverted, pressure - Yet as good as I think Keon is, and could potentially be better..and he is very good, unfortunately IMO, right NOW it have better players that fit the requirements for the National team midfield positions.
tbs,  I congratulate him on making the final team, and glad he is able to replace those that are injured or who themselves didn't make the cut..Maybe THIS opportunity can be seized by him, I think for now he will be a good support, and if he is used will be ok, and Wish him all the best in the future, and hope he consults his same management team that brought him international.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 08:10:48 PM »
plenty man bashing Keon like they know what going on with him personally, now Thomo come and shed some light man back tracking real fast, my point is sometimes as fans we are too harsh and sometimes we need to hush we ass and just watch the game... ;D

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
He Is Highly

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 10:30:56 PM »
plenty man bashing Keon like they know what going on with him personally, now Thomo come and shed some light man back tracking real fast, my point is sometimes as fans we are too harsh and sometimes we need to hush we ass and just watch the game... ;D
who backtracking, and who should hush ? Hmmmnn

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2013, 06:15:03 AM »
Me ain't back track.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>