March 14, 2024, 11:35:37 PM

Author Topic: Santimanitay  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
Santimanitay
« on: July 01, 2013, 06:14:31 PM »
Ready for me again?  ;D  :beermug:

The sequel to my last novel Across From Lapeyrouse, will be released on KINDLE in 2 weeks! The paperback will arrive shortly after.
Stay tuned...

yay yay!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 06:07:42 PM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Santimanitay
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 10:02:58 PM »
Very nice
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 10:20:24 AM »
buh wha de ass is dis? :D......you churnin dem out faster dan stephen king
I eh even Finish de first one yet

Yuh lookin to buy  ah S-class dis rounds or wha?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 12:07:30 PM »
Cocorite, thanks!

The first book was not that big for you to STILL be reading it, Dutts. Yuh does sound out each word or what?
I will have a 2nd edition of AFL also. That first edition suffered from editing nightmares that still haunts me - some harsh lessons learned.

But in all seriousness, this sequel wrote itself, I was merely the conduit. There is a possible third book coming but at this point I am so utterly exhausted that I doubt you will hear me in a very long time. I may check into Betty Ford after this launch. The S class will have to wait.  ;)

Listen out for the confirmation of the launch at A Different Booklist on October 19th, 2013
NALIS on March 7th, 2014

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 05:03:22 PM »
Good stuff Queen Macoomeh! Looking forward!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 06:09:12 AM »
 :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 02:09:53 PM »
thanks guys!

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 06:07:11 PM »

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 06:32:10 PM »
The sequel is ready for download on Amazon!
All yuh ready?
Come troo!
21 and over please.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 04:12:49 PM »
Anybody saw the review of Santimanitay in today's Trinidad Guardian (WomanWise)?

I haven't seen it yet. Could someone scan or photograph it for me? ah begging!

:'(

Nevermind! Got it! Stellar review, yaaaay!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 05:45:26 AM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 08:15:05 PM »
BOOK REVIEW

Trinidad Guardian
Sunday, August 4, 2013

EXCERPT
(for full text, please contact info@CommessUniversity.com)

Santimanitay
Joy and anguish meet in the middle
written by: Roslyn Carrington

I wouldn’t exactly call Santimanitay, Nathalie Taghaboni’s follow-up to Across from Lapeyrouse, either a prequel or a sequel. It’s more like a before-and-after-quel or an alongside-quel. It supports, explains, and fleshes out the first book, and yet is fulsome and self-contained enough to stand on its own, even if you haven’t yet read its predecessor.
Much of the narrative focuses on the romance between Carlton and the beautiful Haitian doctor, Helene, whereas previously she lingered on the fringes of the Savanoy children’s consciousness as their father’s outside woman. Again, it takes great talent to make a reader root for the survival of an extramarital affair, not only because the love between the couple is so genuine, so palpable, but also because the marriage Carlton is seeking escape from was spawned in the darkest pit of hell.
Remy emerges as a tragic figure, longing for his father’s acceptance, craving his mother’s love, and desperately searching for his identity. Between wrestling with illicit drugs, struggling with his sexuality, trying his best to be a good big brother and battling constant ill-health, he has few truly happy moments. And in the same way that movie-goers who hang around until after the credits roll get a delightful mini-scene, like an after-dinner mint that sweetens the whole meal, Santimanitay waits until the very end to reveal the secret of Remy’s paternity. And I guarantee it will make you drop your coffee.
As you’d expect from a Taghaboni novel, Carnival itself is a character, with all its splendid colour and noise. Mas and sex feed off each other, and if you’ve ever wondered what role a gigantic King costume can play in a superheated sexual encounter—well, maybe you haven’t, but work with me here—there’s a scene that will explain all you ever wanted to know, but were afraid to ask.
Santimanitay is teeming with living, breathing characters. Some you’ll love, some you’ll hate, but none will leave you untouched. And as humorous as it is, there’s a thread of tragedy running through this tapestry that just might leave you in tears. If it does, take a deep breath, put the book down—if you can—and go for a short walk. Then come back and attack it once again...without mercy.
Santimanitay by Nathalie Taghaboni is available from Amazon as an e-book and will be released in paperback in October. The local launch takes place on March 7th, 2014; feel free to contact NALIS to be put on the guest list. Booksellers and fans can reach her at info@CommessUniversity.com.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 11:46:56 PM »
Received word from NALIS to begin sending my guest list for the launch.

If you will be in T&T and would like to attend (it's a double launch of both books) on Friday, March 7th, 2014, please send your name and postal mail address to:
info@CommessUniversity.com
You will get an auto-acknowledgement of your email within 24 hours. If you don't get one, it means your email was not received.
Thanks for all the support, guys!

:beermug:

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 03:40:16 PM »
 :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 06:23:57 PM »
Across From Lapeyrouse
and
Santimanitay (the sequel)

are both available on:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble.com (NOOK)
and
KOBO!

Have you read them yet?  ;D

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014, 09:38:22 PM »
Author to launch ‘over-18’ books  :wavetowel:
By Michelle Loubon
Trinidad Express

Story Created: Mar 6, 2014 at 8:23 PM ECT
Story Updated: Mar 6, 2014 at 8:23 PM ECT

Nathalie Taghaboni—a Trinidad-born, Ohio, USA-based author—is in town to launch her two books:

Across From Lapeyrouse and Santimanitay at the National Library and Information System (Nalis), Hart and Abercomby Streets, Port of Spain, at  6.30 p.m. today.

Her pen name is Queen Macomeh and her stories carry a Carnival theme.

The plot revolves around the Savanoys and their family secrets.

A note on Across From Lapeyrouse said: “Taghaboni defly weaves the lives of her characters in and out of the pulsing Caribbean theatre. The glorious street theatre that is Trinidad Carnival is a fitting backdrop for the drama that Jeneva (a startling beauty) seems to attract.”

A note on Santimanitay said: “It is infused with the technicolour pageantry of Trinidad that beats so fervently at the heart of its predecessor, titled Across From Lapeyrouse.”

“I am in Trinidad to launch the first two books of a three-part trilogy,” said Taghaboni on Wednesday.

“Before, in 2008, I launched a collection of short stories. Now I am trying my hand at novels. It is very Caribbean-centric and Carnival-centric. 

“It is written from the eye of an expat. I have to work on the third book in the future, but I am not sure what it will focus on. But it will give a taste of Trinidad Carnival.

“It is very steamy. It is not written for an under-18 audience. It is not for children and adolescents. I remembered the words of my mentor (Toni Morrison). She said: ‘If you can’t find a book you like, then write one yourself.’ I found books I liked, but I ignored the naysayers and wrote one myself,” she added.

For more info, call: 706-3202

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 10:11:37 AM »
Congrats - Keep the culture alive

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile