April 28, 2024, 12:55:34 PM

Poll

Should Bertille St. Clair be replaced as head coach?

Yes
28 (51.9%)
No
26 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Should Bertille St. Clair be replaced as head coach?  (Read 18163 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Should Bertille St. Clair be head coach?
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2005, 08:12:03 PM »
In my job, I often tell folks, "It is easier to be critical than to be correct" After reading some of the posts about and following the exploits of our national football team, I  have to restrain myself at times from adhering to that maxim.

It would appear that  somewhere in the process of selection, preparation and planning for success, that there are evidence of essential disconnect. Whether it be the ineptitute of management or the strategic manouvers by the coaching staff.  How can one not systematically  map out  the teh ' friendly games' needed for our team to come together? How can we not effectively evalaute the  positional needs of the team? How can we not have a system in place by now for our opposition? Why are we not in the opposition's country earlier to acclimatize the players to altitute and field conditions?

I would like to think that the powers to be have very sound and experienced  knowledge that I do not have about these inquiries. I trust and  hope that the decisions being made are based on  factors albeit ones I have no knowledge of but ones I presume are in the best interest of the team.

Credits for having our most experienced overseas players on the squad  for a pivotal game. Like most others , I query some of the moves to bring in untried players  when you ave  'Warriors' who have gone to battle for this team on the bench?

I am not advocating mediocracy by allowing  so called expereienced players just for the sake of name. I believe that if there is a player who has demonstrated proven ability at an international or at a level of competition which he can parlay his skills and contribution to the team, then let's provide that opportunity.

But let's not resort to  'nepotism' like tendencies and name people to the team based on a 'likeness' or  'hunches' or intuition.  Recent past performances should be an indicator of  probable tendencies.

I implore our TNT football organization  once more to put  the best foot forward in these upcoming games. Let us be conjunctive in our approach; let us be resolute in our thinking and lets us be relentless in our actions to boldly claim our  intent to be in 'GERMANY' for 2006. ''FULL FORCE '' ahead.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Should Bertille St. Clair be replaced as head coach?
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2005, 08:19:41 PM »
So in fairness to BSC , here is what the U.S.A.  coach has to say and what they have been doing with their line up:

The Americans, who won 2-1 last month at Trinidad and Tobago in their final-round opener, will spend this week training in Colorado Springs, joined by 10 to 12 Europe-based players who have finished up play overseas. Those players are expected to dominate the starting lineup in Mexico City and include international stars such as midfielder Landon Donovan, forward Brian McBride and goalie Kasey Keller.

``We will have a different team in Mexico,'' Arena said. ``Perhaps we'll have different teams for the games against Mexico and Guatemala. We'll have about 24 players in camp and from there we'll make decisions.'' While Arena sidestepped a question on whether this will be the strongest team the Americans take to the smog and altitude of Mexico City, midfielder Pablo Mastroeni likes the team's chances.

``It's going to be a great challenge in a great environment,'' Mastroeni said. ``This is what we live to do, to play in front of 100,000 people. With the decent camp we've had and the effort the guys have put out and the results we've gotten ... I think we're ready.''

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2005, 09:20:29 PM »
True Trini yuh see what ah tell yuh.  1000 posts now for BSC.   

truetrini

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2005, 02:38:17 PM »
hahahahaha

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2005, 01:14:46 PM »
BSC should be fired ON THE SPOT  if we lorse tonigHT. :D ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Poll for our new coach?
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2005, 02:45:46 PM »
Ok so we have an identifiable perceived problem: that to be :the coach. But what is the solution?

Who do you suggest to be the successor:

Latapy?

Phillips?

Corneal?

Some foreign 'flunkie?"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2005, 03:17:35 AM »

Best thing is to let the man resign when he ready.

Even though the team playing shit and losing all their games....(maybe I should just stop there)

BSC did contribute some good things to the team.  I can't question player commitment(unless u think they sabotage).  Sound like they playing hard.
So Bertille you did bring some good things to the table, maybe got the local players trying harder.

I cah step on the man neck when he down and I feel he will resign depending on the next game anyway.

One ting doh...I doh want to hear no victim story and the TTFF better stay out and let it end without interfering.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2005, 07:20:56 PM »
Wha was the basis for hiring him again?  We have this thing about looking to the past with favour while worrying about de future. BSC simply trying to pick formerly good players who are now well past their prime and turn back de hands of time to the days leading up to de Gold Cup after which he get fired.  He claim to fame at de seniour level is almost winning de GC. 

Dem horn chile players he have there on de squad jes killing we. Men like Stern John and Anton Pierre. Stern should have had at least a brace yesterday...a hat trick was not out of the question. Shaka had a poor game and so did Dwight. Wearing Premiership Colours and warming bench is two different kettle of fish.  Eve show he age once again. The defenders showed little class and were mostly clueless. The passing was a lil better back there.

I not impressed with the overall fitness of dis squad and I certainly cannot detect de little die hard attitude we had shown vs the U.S. when de Americans chose to defend. Carlos Edwards get on. De rest simply didn't come to play. BSC's horn children doh get sub so even when they play badly? The only thing certain is dat we have a revolving door at most of de starting positions on de field in regards to de non horn chile players.

After we play Costa Rica, let we get rid of de coach. Why? Because ah sure as hell positive dat if we tell BSC where to put he overaged past their prime players and his overrated favourites out to pasture, he will fall on his sword. I doubt Licoln want to look so bad by staying de course with Bertille. Lincoln heself should take over fuh de rest of de campaign.

Dat game hurt...it real hurt...dem damage we pride.  We country cyah be dat bad. Ah keep telling mehself dat over and over.  We go find out real soon. De fellas go either come out fighting or go into de tank come Wed. Lawd help us.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2005, 04:31:12 PM »
BSC could complicate tings eh!....so now we draw...get ah point...he made some warranted chngaes to the team.....announcers say we play good ....the supporters give ah standing applause fuh half time....whats nex....

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2005, 04:52:43 PM »
If it's anything, the game  showed that we do have the necessary tools to play with top rank teams. So we did no thave the finish, but we did absolved ourselves from the showing in Guatemala. This game if anything showed us that we need to compete. Who is to say that  some men went into the

Guatemala thinking an easy three pts. Could the Costa Ricans have been thinking the same as they came to play us?

Our players and the adjustments to the team may benefit from an outsider's perpsective or a person like Latapy who could be  offered an assistant coaching position much like Nakhid.

Or bring a fresh set of thinking to move our game forward; to assist Stern John and to help us in the attack and back .

So should BSC go? If I was sitting in his shoes , I would politely leave in this good standing and say thanks before the roof caves in.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2005, 05:45:23 PM »

The roof done cave and he stubborn as ever refuse to move.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2005, 08:48:24 PM »
it's A done deal!!!!!!!

1]; } ?>