March 28, 2024, 10:11:18 AM

Poll

Should Bertille St. Clair be replaced as head coach?

Yes
28 (51.9%)
No
26 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Should Bertille St. Clair be replaced as head coach?  (Read 17919 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Should Bertille St. Clair be replaced as head coach?
« on: March 04, 2005, 12:10:50 PM »
Is Bertille's job in jeopardy?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 09:06:37 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Should Bertille St. Clair be replaced as head coach?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 05:08:25 PM »
eh eh,like we gon high tek!
Hart for president

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 07:52:52 PM »
Is Bertille's job in jeopardy?

Let m christen the thing eh...

Yes his job is in jeopardy, he definitely feels so and he is constantly on the defensive. Despite that jack is giving him more time and resources than many mangers that we have had in the past.

He definitely needs some good results in the hex, and quick.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 06:34:22 AM »
Yuh askin' answers!!!

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 07:10:11 AM »
hmmm.....Everyone keeps saying he should be replaced but .........replaced buy who. At this stage of the competition which coach can come into the team and reverse the present seitution the team is in.

And furthur more......which coach wants the job to begin with

ps.... new forum not to bad.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 05:13:00 PM »
Let's see what happens in Guatemala first. As anil roberts say, a point in guatemla should secure his job until March 30th.

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 09:05:13 PM »
As soon as the Guatamala game is over we will see!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 07:47:10 AM »
I think Gally Cummings or Nakhid would be valid options.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2005, 01:21:49 PM »
First of all, kudos to Flex and Tallman for this message board. I too will miss the old one, but I have to admit, this ting SEXY fuh so!

As for Bertille, I think there needs to be a major offload of players, staff and mentality as a whole. Bertille, Yorke, Camps...the whole regime needs to leave. HOWEVER, the time for this is NOT now. Let this next Guatemala match be the major test for BSC. We win, he stays. We lose, the change should be made sooner rather than later.

Big up Soca Warriors!

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2005, 02:02:52 PM »
As for Bertille, I think there needs to be a major offload of players, staff and mentality as a whole. Bertille, Yorke, Camps...the whole regime needs to leave. HOWEVER, the time for this is NOT now. Let this next Guatemala match be the major test for BSC. We win, he stays. We lose, the change should be made sooner rather than later.

I disagree, Why is firing him after the next game better than doing so now?.  Changing coaches in the middle of a tournament does no good.  I do agree that T&T needs a regime chamge, as far as the administration is concerned.

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2005, 02:51:19 PM »
 not whether he should be replaced, but rather can we honestly say we have confidence in his ability to get the team to qualify for the finals. The next question is, if no, can you ever see him having an impact on the team. After answering those two questions I am sure you will know what we ought to do.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2005, 04:16:31 PM »
Well I see where you'e coming from.  I have confidence in the coach, as he's shown what kinds of things could be done in the past.  (Especially as he was given much more time)   However, it's the players I don't have confidence in.  Many of them seem to lack a fundamental tactical awareness which our competitors have had since the days of youth football.

I truly believe that our repeated failures over the years have been because of an amateurish administration.

I guess the bottom line is, I don't believe that firing St Clair is the solution, and to suggest firing him means that you must have a replacement in mind.  Who would be this messianic person to take over our sickly program this late, and lead us to victory over better prepared opponents?

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2005, 05:45:14 PM »
Again what do we want to do? What do we have in the form of player resources?  What do we need/have to optimise their usage? What coaching resources do we have and can they be used?

In short we need a systematic approach to this Football development problem.

I understand your point about tactical wareness but I am sure it is in part to the way players are handled by the caoching staff. Inadequate explanations for roles can create that same problem. If you play as a central midfielder in all practces and games then are told to play wide and stay wide to block plays down the flanks, how can you take flack for not mixing up and running through the middle. The player can seem to be tactically naive by anyone who knows how to play the position, but the fact is if you do not practice it, then it will not come naturally. You will play by the numbers.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2005, 06:37:49 PM »
In reply to Benjie

Much respeck Benjie.  I think you're hitting the nail on the head here.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2005, 07:04:31 PM »
Again what do we want to do? What do we have in the form of player resources? What do we need/have to optimise their usage? What coaching resources do we have and can they be used?

In short we need a systematic approach to this Football development problem.

And this is why I always felt that T&T needs better personnel in the TTFF.  These things should have been put into place many years ago.  We don't need a foreign coach as much as we need a foreign head for the TTFF.  I should point out that Phillips is a giant step in the right direction.

You have yet to answer the question of who wold be a suitable replacement for St. Clair.  If you're going to let him go who woud yoiu replce him with?

As for your other comment, I'm not sure what Bertille's doing in practice so I can't comment.  But based on the couple of games I saw the players are to blame.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2005, 07:20:03 PM »

And this is why I always felt that T&T needs better personnel in the TTFF.  These things should have been put into place many years ago.  We don't need a foreign coach as much as we need a foreign head for the TTFF.  I should point out that Phillips is a giant step in the right direction.

You have yet to answer the question of who wold be a suitable replacement for St. Clair.  If you're going to let him go who woud yoiu replce him with?

As for your other comment, I'm not sure what Bertille's doing in practice so I can't comment.  But based on the couple of games I saw the players are to blame.

We definitely need to professionalise the administration of the game.  I find the WICB look more professional even if they having problems with the players somtimes.  They still organized and have qualified people.  How to get money to attract those type of people is the next thing.  If one day we qualify that might be the one chance to get the money to make the switch. 
Definitely agree that Lincoln is a big plus.  Hope to see the results of his work soon.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2005, 07:30:46 PM »
I think rather than trying to figure out how to raise money to pay these guys, we could have potential administrators go abroad to study other football adminitrations closely and try to apply alot of the positives in T&T.  Perhaps that may save money, and in the long term, the expertise is there for future generations.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2005, 07:56:06 PM »
Tallman I notice u used to live plaisiance park so Im wondering if i knew you were you one of three brothers who lived in sunset who used to go to the presbyterian church?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2005, 05:40:52 AM »
Well fellas ah reach, Flex convience meh....

Everything looking decent so far...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2005, 07:06:45 AM »
Tallman I notice u used to live plaisiance park so Im wondering if i knew you were you one of three brothers who lived in sunset who used to go to the presbyterian church?
Nah, dat wasn't me. I use tuh live on Petra Ave near de Southern main road, not too far from Harry's Disco. Ah was only dey fuh ah few years. After dat ah move tuh Marabella.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2005, 07:29:01 AM »
I think Gally Cummings or Nakhid would be valid options.

VB

What makes you think Nakid will do well as head coach. He is the assistant presently and the squad still is not playing well and  shows disorganization. After all many people hailed Nakids involvement stateing clearly that if the squad achieved anything it was because of Nakid.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2005, 01:14:52 PM »
I think BSC seat is getting a lil warrm. The goal against Guatemala is to gain 1 point.....nothing more nothing less....3 points will be gravey....if we eh gih nutten tun orn the carousel. BSC has had a long time with the team and we have not seen any 'good' consistency.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2005, 02:57:47 PM »
Go T&T[/color][/glow]

What happens if T&T wins?
Other than keeping his job how much extra time does this give him before people put him on the block again?

Till a match with Panama?
And people should be prepared to praise the man a little if he manage to squeak out a win for us....it only fair even if we still not playing fluid.

He go have the biggest grin you ever see if we manage to win that match.
And the ugliest sour face if we lose.

I want us to beat Guatemala...doh know how it happening but I eh the coach.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2005, 05:42:18 PM »
Well fellas ah reach, Flex convience meh....

Everything looking decent so far...

You shouldn't have any problem with this format. You does go quite BigSoccer to post on the same kinda forum. DOn't worry soon you'll be causing commess here just like everywhere else.

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2005, 06:38:33 AM »
I can call any name and say replace Betille with them but that will not change the fact that we need to make a proper assessment of all the coaches within the Caribbean, not just their record but tactics and measure that against what we need to achieve. The fact is I would go for a young coach maybe early to mid 40's who has coached for about two to five years and has been an assistant for five to ten. Old enough to be experienced in coaching but young enough to still be learning. The most important factor is the age allows for the person to potentially be our coach for five to ten years.

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2005, 01:08:08 PM »
yes

it seem like jack laying low but watch out bsc

jack invest too much over the years, he needs his return of investment and that is to make the world cup so he can make lots of money

i believe if the result of the next game is not favorable, out with bsc

another thing though, he is stubborn and prideful

El Socorro

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2005, 01:48:42 PM »
Testing. 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2005, 02:50:01 PM »
fire him now
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2005, 02:56:04 PM »
fire him now

No doubt that this is triniman

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2005, 07:15:20 PM »
He should not have been hired in de first place. All de support dey give him and sending him to England and spending time with club etc...ah didn't agree wit dat especially yuh see how he like to go in foreign hospital to pinch and rub down people nurse. De exposure should be going to a younger coach. If Bertille croak now all dat lion eating in Africa etc. eh go worth one fart. :o

1]; } ?>