April 26, 2024, 09:39:35 AM

Poll

Should Bertille St. Clair be replaced as head coach?

Yes
28 (51.9%)
No
26 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Should Bertille St. Clair be replaced as head coach?  (Read 18133 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Should Bertille St. Clair be replaced as head coach?
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2005, 07:31:16 PM »
too late now, but if we lose against guatemala, then jack and them will have no choice
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2005, 07:41:42 PM »
I see where Bertille gettin he coachin tips from. 

Fergie lorsin yesterday to Miln 1-0 in de 70th minute.

De buggah eh bring on nobody as substitiute to fight de game even doh dey did need 2 goal

Same like bertille

Well maybe Fergie tekkin tips from Bertille....who de hell know?

But ah go tell allyuh dis.....it never had a coach in de history of T&T football get more support dan Bertille St Clair.

Not Gally....nobody.

If he get fire he cyah say is because he didn't have no time or he had no support.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2005, 11:24:47 PM »

If he get fire he cyah say is because he didn't have no time or he had no support.

According to him, the one thing that he wants he cannot get, quality players.

The excuse will be that he didn't get enough time and that everybody was putting him under unfair pressure (because he from Tobago). Then we will hear how ungrateful we are because he is our most successful coach and that he do so much for T&T football.

Mark my words.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2005, 09:42:40 AM »
I can call any name and say replace Betille with them but that will not change the fact that we need to make a proper assessment of all the coaches within the Caribbean, not just their record but tactics and measure that against what we need to achieve. The fact is I would go for a young coach maybe early to mid 40's who has coached for about two to five years and has been an assistant for five to ten. Old enough to be experienced in coaching but young enough to still be learning. The most important factor is the age allows for the person to potentially be our coach for five to ten years.

I fail to see what age has to do with coaching Otto Rehhagel in 67 (Greece) & Karel Brückner (Chec Rep) is 67. It should simply be the best coach to do the job. Anyone hired to do a job should be trusted with the responsibility (a free hand), while the administrations job is to cater to his needs. If he needs International games then find a way to get them, if its $$$ for preparation then find the money. etc etc. What I do agree on is it should be long term and it should be complemented by some type of youth poilicy.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2005, 08:51:38 PM »

I think its too late for that now the damage has already been done. Alot of ppl were calling for his return from the start. We got rid of so many coaches prematurely. Example Renee Simoes and now we r stuck with BSC. I'm not saying that he is the best I'm just saying that changing the coach and bring- ing in someone new at this short period would be a disaster.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2005, 12:19:48 PM »

I think its too late for that now the damage has already been done. Alot of ppl were calling for his return from the start. We got rid of so many coaches prematurely. Example Renee Simoes and now we r stuck with BSC. I'm not saying that he is the best I'm just saying that changing the coach and bring- ing in someone new at this short period would be a disaster.

Check yuhself good.  Yuh say yuhself Bertille is not de best.  Do you think that Bertille can get dis team at least 4th in the Hex?  Think he can avoid finishin last?

If you do....fine.  If you don't, you sayin dat we should jes keep he on purely because he dey so long? 

Is not getting at least 4th disastrous?  If it is...what so different in getting someone new now?

You say time short....that's true.  But we have 9 games left.  The more we wait to make the change...the more we fritter away our chances.

But we just content to leave things because de team go ketch a VAPS and suddenly start playing better.

Ent?

Put it like dis.....yuh plane crash in de desert.  Yuh radio destroy.  Yuh didn't even get a chance to send een a Mayday before yuh crash. 

Most people survive de crash.

It have a 1% chance of somebody findin yuh before yuh dead of no water and starvation

If yuh try to walk out yuh have de same 1% chance of gettin help

Wha yuh go do.......stay put and accept yuh fate hopin fuh a VAPS?

Or do someting?  If yuh dead....yuh dead but at least yuh TRY
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2005, 03:50:15 PM »
Palos, it looks like yuh voted Yes for St Clair to be replaced now, same as me?!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline mcaw

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2005, 04:14:20 PM »
It 's too late now changing the coach will disrupt the implementions he put in .He is working hard but honestly i dont think he knows wat he is doing but he is tryin g and thats all as a public we could ask of him.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2005, 05:41:41 PM »

People say it is too late to change the coach now and I understand that argument because of our past mistakes.

Anil Roberts said he should be replaced if we don't get a point against Guatemala but that is still changing the coach even later in the round.

So I have to ask if those same people who think it is too late would say he should be replaced if we don't get a point out of the next two games?
Do the results in the upcoming games make a difference or you think we should stick it out regardless?

Cuz it sounding like people waiting to see if BSC can get the team playing well and they will know from the next game...is that the case?

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2005, 07:47:28 PM »

People say it is too late to change the coach now and I understand that argument because of our past mistakes.

Anil Roberts said he should be replaced if we don't get a point against Guatemala but that is still changing the coach even later in the round.

So I have to ask if those same people who think it is too late would say he should be replaced if we don't get a point out of the next two games?
Do the results in the upcoming games make a difference or you think we should stick it out regardless?

Cuz it sounding like people waiting to see if BSC can get the team playing well and they will know from the next game...is that the case?

Successful national teams require years to build, you can't hire a coach for a year and then want to fire him when you don't like the results.  The 'microwave' mentality is counter productive.

- Bruce Arena has been in charge of the US since around '98
- Rene Simoes was in charge of jamaica for 4 years (at least) befor they qualified
- Bertille St. Clair was coach of a T&T playing their best football in years before he was forced out in 2000, he was on for 3 years.

One could cite dozens of examples.

Hiring a new coach now does absolutely no good, haven't we conducted this experiment numerous times over the years?  A good national team takes years

I also think it's time for those who would fire St. Clair to be part of the solution and suggest a suitable replacement

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2005, 01:15:39 PM »
As I ponder this question, I am taken  back with the images of the coach leading the team in sessions. If you look at the TNT  football  Federation site go to the article TNT regroups for Honduras. You will see apicture where BSC is  actualy  in front as the team appears to be jogging.

If this old man could outrun we team, we in trouble. This episode reminds me of the novel "THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA by Hemmingay. Read it and you will see the connections and the moral. Trying in vein to catch the big fish aganist all odds. Did the old man have the tools or the fortititude?

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2005, 03:52:16 PM »
As I ponder this question, I am taken  back with the images of the coach leading the team in sessions. If you look at the TNT  football  Federation site go to the article TNT regroups for Honduras. You will see apicture where BSC is  actualy  in front as the team appears to be jogging.

If this old man could outrun we team, we in trouble. This episode reminds me of the novel "THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA by Hemmingay. Read it and you will see the connections and the moral. Trying in vein to catch the big fish aganist all odds. Did the old man have the tools or the fortititude?
                         what de ass you talking
Hart for president

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2005, 04:00:12 PM »
read my friend read and see the analogy.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2005, 04:25:57 PM »
                       what de ass you talking

HA HA HA... trini ppl is real kicks oui
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2005, 05:22:56 PM »
what de ass you talking

Post of the day!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2005, 06:29:34 PM »
Did you find that insightful to  post that as the "Post of the day?" I find it  shows a lack of depth of understanding . Obviously one has not read the novel nor can they make the analogy.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2005, 08:20:03 PM »
Did you find that insightful to post that as the "Post of the day?" I find it shows a lack of depth of understanding . Obviously one has not read the novel nor can they make the analogy.

hahaha
Boss I just think they saying you getting a lil too pedantic....and men doh want to hear bout no Big Fish book.
Think of this as a rum shop with any and everybody so yuh go have to break it down sometimes.

But I catch what you saying for what it worth.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2005, 09:12:59 PM »
Bertille should not be replaced!   

It is now time for an Eastern Caribbean team; a team formed from T&T, Grenada, Barbados, etc (Lesser Antilles) -- leaving out JA.

There are many reasons to fire a coach. For example, If a team has money and the coach is able to pick from players worldwide then the under-performance of the team is partly his fault.

T&T played very well in the game against the US.   The problem with the team is that there are noe enough talented players to choose from.  The situation is somewhat like firing the coach of St Kitts because they lost to Mexico.

Anyway, many guys who don't understand football get their kick from seeing which coach is fired or advocating firing of coaches etc.

Bertille we supporting you alll the way!!

truetrini

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2005, 10:31:00 PM »
This forum is increasing in numbers everyday.  Glad to see all the different and sometimes divergent views.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2005, 06:16:44 PM »
Jes keep posting here.  BSC was never so popular in all he life.  Ah feel de hits go reach 1000 right after de next match. 

truetrini

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2005, 08:19:21 PM »
so yuh feel bertille more popular dan shadow?

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2005, 07:54:59 PM »
De way it going now he could go either way.  He lorse...dey cuss he arse like dog.  If we to go Germany, dey will vote him for Prime Minister.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2005, 08:52:43 PM »

The old man had the fortitude and that is why, against all odds, he caught the big fish.  But (if I remember) the novel was not only about catching the big fish, after all he did ``lose it'' in the end; nonetheless  his triumph was  somewhat deeper even though he did not have the ``material thing'' to show. The old man thought he had the tools to catch the big fish, but the big fish that took the bait was MUCH much bigger than he had ever thought he would catch.  If the analogy isabout determination, dreams and personal triumph then o.k  ..... it is a good one.

But we want the material win and for that we need an Eastern Caribbean soccer federation.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2005, 10:20:55 PM »

List the countries in this new Eastern Football Fed (a concept that won't fly easy in football).

I want to see the list of countries that will go from having an 18 man squad representing the country to maybe at most one or two of their players on the international stage.

truetrini

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2005, 10:48:38 PM »
not happening

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2005, 08:43:52 PM »

List the countries in this new Eastern Football Fed (a concept that won't fly easy in football).

I want to see the list of countries that will go from having an 18 man squad representing the country to maybe at most one or two of their players on the international stage.

CORE MEMBERS OF THE  EASTERN CARIBBEAN FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION
  (Start Talks in 2006; Formation in 2007)
Trinidad & Tobago
Grenada
Barbados
St. Vincent & The Grenadines
St. Kitts & Nevis
St. Lucia
Guyana
Montserrat
British Virgin Islands
Antigua & Barbuda
Dominica
US Virgin Islands
Montserrat
Anguilla

OTHER MEMBERS
(Start Talks in 2007; Induct in 2008)
Haiti
Turks & Caicos Islands
Belize
Bahamas
Bermuda

IF   JASON ROBERTS FROM GRENADA WAS ON  OUR TEAM WE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEATEN THE U.S,  and stand a good chance of beating Guatemala.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »
Why did you leave out Jamaica?
Did you know there's already a Caribbean Football Union?
Do you realise that having a good team is more than just having a large pool of players?
(Not that these countries add up to a large pool of players)
Exactly how is this supposed to improve T&T football?

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2005, 09:58:48 PM »

CORE MEMBERS OF THE  EASTERN CARIBBEAN FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION
  (Start Talks in 2006; Formation in 2007)
Trinidad & Tobago
Grenada
Barbados
St. Vincent & The Grenadines
St. Kitts & Nevis
St. Lucia
Guyana
Montserrat
British Virgin Islands
Antigua & Barbuda
Dominica
US Virgin Islands
Montserrat
Anguilla

OTHER MEMBERS
(Start Talks in 2007; Induct in 2008)
Haiti
Turks & Caicos Islands
Belize
Bahamas
Bermuda

IF   JASON ROBERTS FROM GRENADA WAS ON  OUR TEAM WE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEATEN THE U.S,  and stand a good chance of beating Guatemala.

You can't be serious.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2005, 11:33:52 PM »
You can't be serious.

hahaha
This man is real kicks.

It have 11 starting positions and maybe 22 spots on a squad...and you have how many countries listed there?
14 in the main group and 5 additional.

So you gone from 440 players in separate squads to just 22 on one squad.

Let me help a little....maybe you suggesting it still have the separate countries for the Digicel Cup (like the Carib Beer Cricket Regionals) and one unified team for international competition.  Dat what you want? 

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2005, 05:30:21 PM »
You can't be serious.

It have 11 starting positions and maybe 22 spots on a squad...and you have how many countries listed there?
14 in the main group and 5 additional.

So you gone from 440 players in separate squads to just 22 on one squad.

Let me help a little....maybe you suggesting it still have the separate countries for the Digicel Cup (like the Carib Beer Cricket Regionals) and one unified team for international competition.  Dat what you want? 

Here is a preliminary look at the Eastern Caribbean Team.  There are a few good defenders on the Vincy and Bajan teams whose names don't come to mind, but when they do, they too will be included.

F:   Stern John,        Trinidad and Tobago/Coventry City
F:  Jason Roberts,  Grenada/Wigan Athletic
MF:  Cornell Glen, Trinidad & Tobago/FC Dallas
MF: Shalrie Joseph, Grenada/NE Revolution
MF:  Sheldon Emmanuel,   St. Lucia
MF:  Dwight Yorke, Trinidad
CB: Marvin Andrews, Trinidad & Tobago/Rangers
CB: Ezra Hendrickson , St. Vincent & the Grenadines/Charleston Battery
RB: Brent Sancho, Trinidad & Tobago/Dundee
LB:  Marlon Rojas ( T&T, Real Salt Lake) 
GK: Shaka Hislop, ( Trinidad & Tobago/Portsmouth)

Subs:

Vincent Casimir (Dominica),  Anton Pierre,  Kenwyne Jones (Trinidad & Tobago/Southampton ), Arnold Dwarika (T&T/Gaungzhou FC),   Shandel Samuel (St. Vincent)

1]; } ?>