March 28, 2024, 09:10:49 AM

Author Topic: To much Spanish refs in the gold cup.  (Read 5767 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
To much Spanish refs in the gold cup.
« on: July 10, 2013, 07:39:44 AM »
They bias as hell.

When Carter went down in the box we shoulda get a penalty.

How can you put a Mexican ref to ref a game with T&T vs El Salvador ?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Re: To much Spanish refs in the gold cup.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 07:43:42 AM »
They bias as hell.

Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 08:09:51 AM »
Half my in-laws dem Salvadoran. Trust, dem countries doh like each other as much as you seem to think. Think a Jamaican ref would cheat for we?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 11:35:05 AM »
There was a play very early in the game where our player was fouled on top of our 18'... The ref allowed play to go on and we conceded another foul near the center circle..  The ref blow for the foul and make us take the free kick back on top of our 18...

From right there I find something wasn't looking too right... Ref was calling that game extra hard against us and the free kick they got for the goal and the penalty call we were not given was just the 2 glaring ones...

All dem lil small miss call and wrong call was frustrating us.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 11:38:13 AM »
only US, Canadian and If he is not a jackass(very unlikely), a Jamaican ref will not call for every 5 foot 2 latin player going over for every little touch

Any ref from Central America is pressure in we tail.... men was climbing on Kenwyne and ref didnt blow shit

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 01:04:39 PM »
"Half my in-laws dem Salvadoran. Trust, dem countries doh like each other as much as you seem to think. Think a Jamaican ref would cheat for we?"

I could see this being true.  The El Salvadorians sitting in my section on Monday night was cheering for Haiti to Beat Honduras. Very passionately I must add...
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 01:32:11 PM »
Half my in-laws dem Salvadoran. Trust, dem countries doh like each other as much as you seem to think. Think a Jamaican ref would cheat for we?
They don't like each other in their little circles, but they not siding with a caribbean over a central american, bc i saw nuff hondurans routing for el salvador, and salvadorians was routing for honduras.

same as last gold cup. there was a double header, grenada played guatemala and honduras played JA, and the spanish was routing for each other. trust meh, they doh like each other, but when it come to us they does patch up their differences.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 01:40:00 PM »
They don't like each other in their little circles, but they not siding with a caribbean over a central american, bc i saw nuff hondurans routing for el salvador, and salvadorians was routing for honduras.

same as last gold cup. there was a double header, grenada played guatemala and honduras played JA, and the spanish was routing for each other. trust meh, they doh like each other, but when it come to us they does patch up their differences.

This game, when the hondurans come out the Salvadoreans by me was cheering... but as alcohol start to flow, it had level fight between the two groups... I real laugh
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 02:27:52 PM »
There was a play very early in the game where our player was fouled on top of our 18'... The ref allowed play to go on and we conceded another foul near the center circle..  The ref blow for the foul and make us take the free kick back on top of our 18...

From right there I find something wasn't looking too right... Ref was calling that game extra hard against us and the free kick they got for the goal and the penalty call we were not given was just the 2 glaring ones...

All dem lil small miss call and wrong call was frustrating us.

People doesn't understand how much dem ting does affect players in a game nuh....the mantra is always that players should "be professional" but "professionals" is humans first and dem ting does affect plenty players in a game. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
These spanish officiating killing the gold cup
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 02:59:51 AM »
This is the third game now where the ref and their assistants made questionable calls that sunk teams particularly non spanish team vs spanish speaking team.

T&T vs el sldvdr where we conceded a goal from a bogus call, and lost a goal from a non call (the kevon carter foul in the box).

last night martinique had two clear penalties that were not given, only for panama to get the go ahead goal from a penalty call in the closing stages of the game.

same with canada and mex, that penalty call was bogus! and instead of awarding a penalty that guy should have received a yellow for diving.

why not bring in some ref from europe to officiate these concacaf games, bc the officiating sucks and reeks of bias!!

these spanish ppl is not to be trusted, they have no integrity and bc of their prejudices they could be swayed or bought easily.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 03:02:58 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 04:02:52 AM »
Ahgain tonight we will get level shaft...cuz we are easily the team too look out for...dem spanish prefer to play haiti than we cuz haiti presumably is easier....ah hope kj eh tell nobody how dey mother make them tonight...keep it for d next game....
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 07:39:58 AM »
The Honduran ref in the Martinique match last night was awful as well

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 10:08:26 AM »
The Honduran ref in the Martinique match last night was awful as well
It was his first international game

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 10:12:17 AM »
And it should be his last G.C match in this 2013 tournament.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 01:58:40 PM »
This is where the skipper-if he coulda hablo espanol-could plant.a bug in the ref`s ear early and let him.knkw fhat KJ even though he big and strong he coud still be fouled...at least get him start thinking, also yelling at teamates not to tackle hard (not really meaning it though) because the other team will dive, loud enough for the ref to hear? Little mind games nah;)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 04:08:48 PM »
Game 9- July 12, 7:00pmET

Sun Life Stadium

Trinidad & Tobago vs. Haiti

Referee:
Jeffrey Solís (CRC)

AR1: Marcos Quintero (MEX)

AR2: Philippe Bričre (CAN)

Fourth: Marco Rodriguez (MEX)                               

Assessor: Donald Campos (NCA)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 04:23:46 PM »
lawd  next thing  go be not enough womens refs not enough Caribbean refs not enough black refs - why we eh just play the game and  leave it at that.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 04:43:44 PM »
lawd  next thing  go be not enough womens refs not enough Caribbean refs not enough black refs - why we eh just play the game and  leave it at that.
Bc it matters bones head!! that's why!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 04:52:03 PM »
I was thinking the same thing earlier today that the refs will have a great hand in the outcome of this game. Haiti is the sympathetic nation..they poor they had a earthquake a few years ago ove 1/4 million died.
As long as them fellas realize is 11v14 and they play smart hopefully we will do well

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 04:59:10 PM »
Game 9- July 12, 7:00pmET

Sun Life Stadium

Trinidad & Tobago vs. Haiti

Referee:
Jeffrey Solís (CRC)

AR1: Marcos Quintero (MEX)

AR2: Philippe Bričre (CAN)

Fourth: Marco Rodriguez (MEX)                               

Assessor: Donald Campos (NCA)
well they might favor us because of the Spanish name today lol

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 11:08:26 AM »
They bias as hell.

Sam, with all due respect, what does a Mexican referee have to do with El Salvador?  Would a Jamaican or Guyanese ref be more fair to us if we were playing against El Salvador?  You feel that because a referee from Paraguay officiated an Argentina vs Germany match, the Paraguayan ref would be biased moreso in favour of Argentina?

Dude, too tell u de truth, if a Jamaican ref were officiating a T&T vs El Salvador match, I would hope we have a petition of protest already filled-out to FIFA even before the match began.     ;D

Just my $.02   
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 06:49:07 PM »
It would be nice to see some European refs mixed with concacaf refs in this tournament. They have too much Hispanic refs in this competition, and can't help but feel some of their decisions are bias.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 07:16:51 PM »
Ref just thief haiti

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 07:18:39 PM »
Haiti get thief ironic
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 01:58:57 AM »
so wey allyh want them to blow dey whistle? :devil:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 09:10:18 AM »
I'm not trying to fight down Spanish refs but those two yellows we conceeded last night were harsh if you ask me. Molino looked like he didn't make contact with the player, he pulled back from the tackle and Hyland stood up for the man and the ref just gave him a yellow. Now two of our main players out for the next game (TTFA may not win that fight to keep Hyland for the tournament now he's out for Saturday's game).

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ˇHala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 05:02:39 PM »

these spanish ppl is not to be trusted, they have no integrity and bc of their prejudices they could be swayed or bought easily.

1. Mods, isn't this a racist statement? Suppose I post "these black/indian/white people are not to be trusted because they have no integrity"?

2. Perhaps things may come into perspective if we calculate the ratio of the population of Central America and the Spanish-speaking Caribbean to the non-Spanish-speaking Caribbean.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 05:09:26 PM »

1. Mods, isn't this a racist statement? Suppose I post "these black/indian/white people are not to be trusted because they have no integrity"?

2. Perhaps things may come into perspective if we calculate the ratio of the population of Central America and the Spanish-speaking Caribbean to the non-Spanish-speaking Caribbean.

I don't agree with 'Just Cool' statements, but the reality is that 'Spanish' isn't a race.  Although his opinion leaves much to be desired, he's referring to 'Spanish' as in geographical locations (referees from Central American nations).  He's not referring to all hispanics as a 'race'.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I gathered from his point.  And no, I still disagree with his statements...lol. 
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ˇHala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 05:15:09 PM »
I guess as well the Mexican referee who sent off the Honduran last evening was biased against Trinidad...??? Or did this thread simply have its genesis from some Fans who were disgruntled with TnT's opening two games?

1]; } ?>