April 25, 2024, 06:01:02 AM

Author Topic: The Ashes 2013  (Read 3689 times)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Ashes 2013
« on: July 10, 2013, 10:32:12 AM »
England bowl down for 215 and now Australia trying their best to get out for less.
Wish Australia could beat them, but it looking highly unlikely based on form
Back in Trini...

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Ashes 2013
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 04:47:30 AM »
Wow. Look how the mighty have fallen. Ozzies are now 114/7 .

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 05:04:36 AM »
118/9.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 05:46:11 AM »
Last stand doing well..young boy Agar batting well..169-9
Back in Trini...

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 06:18:07 AM »
207/9. Good half century by the youngster Agar. Trail by 8 now.
I've never really cheered for the Ozzies before, but something about their present vulnerability makes them likable.....but then again, I'll support any team playing against England. 

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 07:25:04 AM »
207/9. Good half century by the youngster Agar. Trail by 8 now.
I've never really cheered for the Ozzies before, but something about their present vulnerability makes them likable.....but then again, I'll support any team playing against England. 

I was just saying the same thing to my father..Probably the only time I ever been supporting the Aussies..Would love it if Agar goes on to get his hundred
254-9 Agar on 86
Back in Trini...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 07:56:18 AM »
AGGGGGGGGGH he bottled it! Just like tino
98 caught in the deep
280 all out
Back in Trini...

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 08:51:43 AM »
The 100 was there for the taking but Agar threw it away just like Tino Best. :frustrated: 98 on debut against this attack is excellent though. Well done to the kid  :applause:

Ozzies in a good position at tea; England 11/2, trail by 54.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 06:33:19 AM »
A surprising "cutarse"is coming England's way and how badly I want to see this.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 11:27:08 AM »
England puttin up quite a fight now..Broad with he nasty self eh walk on huge edge..
Back in Trini...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 02:36:28 PM »
Broad needs to be banned like Ramdin. But of course double standards from icc. Isn't that contrary to the spirit of the game?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 07:48:54 AM »
D.H.W...dem fuc*ers iz ah set of Hippocrates..... ;D what good fuh d goose must be good for d gander too...Hit dem hard Michael in dey nenen...

Michael Holding, the former West Indian fast bowler, contended that Broad's behaviour was comparable to that of the West Indies wicketkeeper Denesh Ramdin, who falsely claimed a catch against Pakistan in a Champions Trophy match at The Oval in London last month. Ramdin was banned for two one-day games by the ICC match referee, who happened to be Broad's father, Chris.

"What Stuart Broad did amounts to the same thing as Ramdin," Holding told Sky TV. "He knew he had hit the ball. The ICC fined Ramdin and suspended him for 'actions that were contrary to the spirit of the game'. What Stuart Broad did is contrary to the spirit of the game. He played the ball and stayed there."
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 08:49:05 AM »
D.H.W...dem fuc*ers iz ah set of Hippocrates..... ;D what good fuh d goose must be good for d gander too...Hit dem hard Michael in dey nenen...

Michael Holding, the former West Indian fast bowler, contended that Broad's behaviour was comparable to that of the West Indies wicketkeeper Denesh Ramdin, who falsely claimed a catch against Pakistan in a Champions Trophy match at The Oval in London last month. Ramdin was banned for two one-day games by the ICC match referee, who happened to be Broad's father, Chris.

"What Stuart Broad did amounts to the same thing as Ramdin," Holding told Sky TV. "He knew he had hit the ball. The ICC fined Ramdin and suspended him for 'actions that were contrary to the spirit of the game'. What Stuart Broad did is contrary to the spirit of the game. He played the ball and stayed there."

Broad's actions were backed by his father Chris, who opened the batting for England between 1984 and 1989 and is now an ICC match referee.

He told BBC Sport: "It's an Ashes Test match. I remember when [former captain] Ian Botham said to me in my first Ashes Test match in Brisbane, 'if any of you blokes walk out in the middle you'll have me to answer to' so I didn't walk.

"Stuart didn't walk and I think most players want to see an umpire give a decision. The umpire gave a not out decision, you get on with the game."

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 09:12:28 AM »
Yeah i see on cricinfo they saying it not on the same level. Madness to me. Both are cheating in my book.

Aus 116-2 chasing 311
Back in Trini...

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2013, 10:24:06 AM »
Michael J...if Chris Broad really made those comments then this is setting a very dangerous precedent.

If he wasn't a ICC match referee and defending his son, then I can understand. However, with the position he currently holds.  I cannot see how he should be able to make a comment on this game and in his son's defense as well.  This is surely A CONFLICT OF INTEREST and as far as I am concerned...he should be disciplined with a HEFTY FINE and a ban for a couple of matches as well...

As much as I hate Oz with a passion..this is bringing the game into disrepute ...what a sad day for cricket...
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 10:52:05 AM »
Michael J...if Chris Broad really made those comments then this is setting a very dangerous precedent.

If he wasn't a ICC match referee and defending his son, then I can understand. However, with the position he currently holds.  I cannot see how he should be able to make a comment on this game and in his son's defense as well.  This is surely A CONFLICT OF INTEREST and as far as I am concerned...he should be disciplined with a HEFTY FINE and a ban for a couple of matches as well...

As much as I hate Oz with a passion..this is bringing the game into disrepute ...what a sad day for cricket...

Chris Broad did indeed make those remarks and ,given his position ,it is obvious why his son feels he can make a mockery of the spirit of the game with absolute impunity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/23296792

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 10:59:15 AM »
Ozzies in some trouble now....164/6 needing another 147 for victory.  Agar, the first innings hero is at the crease.....hope he can reproduce his first innings efforts.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 06:16:24 AM »
29 to win 1 wicket in hand tension
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 06:50:40 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 06:32:25 AM »
29 to 1 wicket in hand tension

Dem Aussies bad mind too bad. They never know when they're beaten.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 09:47:58 PM »

I actually like the article that said that Stuart Broad did the right thing and that the problem was his father Chris in banning Ramdin. Ramdin didn't appeal for caught behind, he dropped the ball and left it up to the umpire to give it not out. While I do not agree with what he did, how is it so vastly different from a batsman knowing he edged the ball and waiting for the umpire to give it out? It is a clear double standard that favours batsmen.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/651025.html

That said, that was an exciting finish to the match.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2013, 07:05:41 AM »
Looks like the Ozzies are up against it once again in the second test. Needing a whopping 583 to win, they are 80/3 on day 4.
I smell a white-wash coming on....

Offline jingleheimer_Schmidt

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2013, 08:55:29 AM »
Joe Root is class fullstop!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 10:07:02 PM »
I can't believe the once-mighty Aussies went out like that.
I have to say they went out, b/c I still cyah give England no props - on principle.

Still, usually a decline is gradual.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2013, 03:36:52 PM »
as soon as i turned it on the collapse began...
The english fans loving themselves..then they will go on the subcontinent and probably be humbled again
Back in Trini...

1]; } ?>