March 28, 2024, 01:18:24 PM

Author Topic: Glen rejoins Soca Warriors training.  (Read 2934 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Glen rejoins Soca Warriors training.
« on: July 10, 2013, 09:17:21 PM »
Went to the training session at FIU this evening. Was very intense. Guys worked extremely hard, tackled hard. There was a point in one of the 10-minute scrimmages where Jan-Michael and Cyrus got into a heated exchange because of a disagreement in the way a play was defended, but it was all business. A lot of emphasis was placed on positive ball movement, creating attacks from the back, picking the right passes, making the right runs, playing at speed, making quick decisions etc. Marvin still seems to be injured, but Glen looks fit to be in contention for a spot on Friday. Hart was very commanding in the way he ran the session, very vocal, was clear in what he wanted, clear in his explanations to the players. Beenhakker chimed in with advice to the players from time to time. When players made mistakes, they heard about it, and when they did well they were commended and encouraged. All in all it went well.

CLICK HERE for the full photo gallery
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Glen rejoins Soca Warriors training
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 10:33:53 PM »
Nice

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 01:49:26 AM »
T&T Guardian Rports.

Soca Warriors striker Cornell Glen resumed full training at yesterday’s practice session at the Florida International University as the Stephen Hart coached squad continued preparations for tomorrow’s second Concacaf’s Gold Cup Group B encounter with Haiti at the Sun Life Stadium, Miami Gardens, from 7 pm.

The 32-year-old Glen, who has so far scored a team-high 23 goals in 66 matches for the Soca Warriors, was ruled out of Monday’s Group B opening 2-2 draw with El Salvador at the Red Bull Arena, Harrison, New Jersey, after suffering a calf strain in the training session on the eve of the match. According to team doctor Terrence Babwah though, the ex-2006 World Cup team forward has responded well to treatment and will be available for selection tomorrow.

Central FC goalkeeper Marvin Phillip is also recovering from a medial ligament injury, picked up at the same session on Sunday but is also responding well and started light training yesterday.

Hart speaking at the Hilton, Miami Downtown, yesterday, where the team is based for the match said generally the spirit of the team has been good.

“We’ve reviewed our performance as well as had a look at what Haiti did in their last match and we’re preparing everything in relation to how we want to approach Friday’s (tomorrow) match.”

Stoke City forward, 28-year-old Kenwyne Jones also said there were several positives to take from Monday’s performance.

“I was basically happy for the start we had. Within the team we’re disappointed we didn’t get the three points but we know we have some things to work on. Iit’s about getting that belief in the squad that we can do this.

“We did a lot of things well in that game and I guess the public saw it. We felt proud about it. We’ve been working under the new coach for the past three weeks and we’ve come leaps and bounds over that time,” Jones added.

About his goal, he added “I’m happy for the goal. I was pretty much up for it. I thought we had to impose ourselves on the opposition which we did in the first 20 minutes but then we dropped our performance after they equalised.

But we came back and I was happy to score at the time I did to help us come away with a point,” added the ex-Sunderland striker, who’s last goal before Monday came in a 2-0 win over Guyana in a World Cup qualifier at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo on November 15, 2011.

It was only the eighth goal in 53 appearances for the Soca Warriors since making his senior team debut in 2003.

Keon Daniel who opened the scoring in the match in the 11th minute said he was delighted to have scored his first Gold Cup goal, his 14th in 57 matches, particularly after being away from the national team for much of 2013.

“I felt great about the strike. I was longing for something like this because it’s the first time in a while we’ve played in a tournament like this. It was just a case of the hard work paying off for me,” Daniel said.

“We needed a good start and we got that. We worked hard and we’re coming together as a team and we should be better off for the second game.”

Daniel, 26, said he was not fazed by any criticism over his absence from the national team for the first half of 2013.

“I will not say it’s critics who had stuff to say about me. I don’t think about the media and I just focus on my game. I just try to do my best every time I put on the shirt to represent T&T,” Daniel stated.

Reflecting on Monday’s match, skipper Densill Theobald added: “We had some good moments but we also struggled a bit with their style of play and passing in the first half.

We ourselves did not pass the ball that well but we had a better second-half and hopefully we can maintain this performance from the second-half going into the match against Haiti tomorrow.

“The work rate from the guys was exceptional I thought and this was very pleasing to the eyes and will put us in better shape for the next two matches,” said Theobald, the most capped player in the current squad with 94 matches under his belt, ten more than Ipswich Town midfielder Carlos Edwards who wanted the win badly.

“I’m still bothered by the result. Even thought we equalised this time it brings back some memories from the draw in 2009 a bit because we also scored first in that game. We had a couple really good chances to get ahead in the second-half, “ added the 34-year-old Edwards.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 08:16:46 AM »
Thanks forthe training report TM, oh wait, does the write up qualify as a report?  Thanks for the write up  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 09:17:42 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/N1N7jWQ3cN4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/N1N7jWQ3cN4</a>

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Glen rejoins Soca Warriors training.
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 09:18:08 AM »
Great news! Once fit, he will be a difference maker with this squad. His speed will be an added dimension to our attacking forays...
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 10:25:59 AM »
Two short clips

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zCHYp2D0Ovk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zCHYp2D0Ovk</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SOa4dApVSQg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SOa4dApVSQg</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 02:07:57 PM »
Went to the training session at FIU this evening. Was very intense. Guys worked extremely hard, tackled hard. There was a point in one of the 10-minute scrimmages where Jan-Michael and Cyrus got into a heated exchange because of a disagreement in the way a play was defended, but it was all business. A lot of emphasis was placed on positive ball movement, creating attacks from the back, picking the right passes, making the right runs, playing at speed, making quick decisions etc. Marvin still seems to be injured, but Glen looks fit to be in contention for a spot on Friday. Hart was very commanding in the way he ran the session, very vocal, was clear in what he wanted, clear in his explanations to the players. Beenhakker chimed in with advice to the players from time to time. When players made mistakes, they heard about it, and when they did well they were commended and encouraged. All in all it went well.

CLICK HERE for the full photo gallery
Thanks for this report Tallman, it is most encouraging!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 02:32:12 PM »
Ah seeing Cater only smiling in that picture ah getting f00cking vex we, ah feeling to run up on him and hit him one cuff. He pulling stones on de team.

Brichall finally smiling. Praise de lard, like he get some last night?

Who give Cleon John that ole nigger hair cut. You mean to say he couldn't take a hair cut before we ride out for de gold cup, wait tell he come home.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 06:37:26 PM »
Thanks Tallest.

Sounds Professional, Fair, and Right.

But we still have to give, especially the locals, a little time to come to terms with the speed of the game.

T&T really need to play faster in the PRO League on a regular, oui.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 07:09:11 PM »

Dat would only happen if we instill it from young.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 07:27:20 PM »

True dat Tallest. So if it isn't happening in the under age leagues and as a culture now, we have a long time to wait

But when we were younger we used to play a fast one touch football for practice sessions. They don't do that anymore?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 08:31:45 PM »
I would argue that would only happen if there is a cultural revolution.  Play faster, really?  That's like asking us not to lime, not in our DNA has to be nurtured
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 09:11:37 PM »
yeah i likin the vibes

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 12:40:48 AM »

True dat Tallest. So if it isn't happening in the under age leagues and as a culture now, we have a long time to wait

But when we were younger we used to play a fast one touch football for practice sessions. They don't do that anymore?

Ent when players go abroad dey does conform to the speed of play? I don't think it necessarily have to start from young, but that would be ideal.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 05:20:38 AM »

Ent when players go abroad dey does conform to the speed of play? I don't think it necessarily have to start from young, but that would be ideal.

Daiz for those who make it. It easier for one man tuh step it up when surrounded by 22+ players who moving at pace. But when nobody moving at pace, where is de motivation? Plus, is not only about de national senior team.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 05:36:47 AM »
Two short clips

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zCHYp2D0Ovk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zCHYp2D0Ovk</a>

how is hoyte's  interaction with the players .... he seems not into it i could be wrong though... ???
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 05:52:54 AM »
I would argue that would only happen if there is a cultural revolution.  Play faster, really?  That's like asking us not to lime, not in our DNA has to be nurtured
This. Is a much deeper issue than just football.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 06:46:05 AM »
how is hoyte's  interaction with the players .... he seems not into it i could be wrong though... ???

I did ask the question while I was there, and I was told that although he and Boucaud stick together (for obvious reasons), they both get along well with the other players.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 12:37:24 PM »
Ah seeing Cater only smiling in that picture ah getting f00cking vex we, ah feeling to run up on him and hit him one cuff. He pulling stones on de team.

Brichall finally smiling. Praise de lard, like he get some last night?

Who give Cleon John that ole nigger hair cut. You mean to say he couldn't take a hair cut before we ride out for de gold cup, wait tell he come home.

K LMAO

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 12:50:34 PM »

I did ask the question while I was there, and I was told that although he and Boucaud stick together (for obvious reasons), they both get along well with the other players.
Dem still learning the accent and must be tired asking pardon me? ask me mom to translate ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 01:47:12 PM »
Love the training kit!!
About that speed of play thing...and it being to late for olders playing to adopt that style? Yes ideally our ballers should have learned that in their development years, but can you imagine a pro league coach constantly `freezing` the plays in.practice sessions ? What will eventually happen ? Think bout it?  I might be reaching  but men go start to do what the coach say no?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 09:58:07 PM by Fyzoman »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 04:21:01 PM »
Allyuh cyah be serious. Allyuh honestly believe if them men skylarking, SH would not pull them up.

1]; } ?>