April 18, 2024, 03:16:57 PM

Author Topic: Is JMW the best keeper we have?  (Read 8016 times)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is JMW the best keeper we have?
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2013, 10:15:51 PM »
We need to call up Troy Marquis .

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2013, 11:58:44 AM »
I suspect many of you who are blaming Jan for the loss to Haiti never played goalkeeper(as no one really wants to be a goalkeeper coming up as a youngster). When I saw the first goal I definitely thought Jan should have parried wide...but then again when a keeper is under that kind of pressure, just blocking that bullet is a feat in and of itself. TnT's defense sucks so lets not scapegoat Jan. If a team has to rely on their goalkeeper to save them then it's already too late for them.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2013, 12:28:29 PM »
no issue with Jan - he shoulda push wide or catch, yet he is our best goalie or the real point yuh made - he was making a 'wta shot is that' save..However, at the upper levels of team sports,everyteam depends on every player, especially the Goalie, if the games involves goalies.. he might not win the game for yuh, but better believe he could &  would , in many cases, save a whole country tail from losing. So i think yuh wrong deh, no ?
"If a team has to rely on their goalkeeper to save them then it's already too late for them. "

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2013, 12:46:48 PM »
The youthman who played in the under 17 looks better than these keepers, I am dead serious with that statement too. If only he had a little more size, he could be putting these guys on the bench.

We need some scouts looking for keepers, these guys had many chances to rep, and have not shown anything special about their techniques in between the post.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2013, 02:06:31 PM »
I suspect many of you who are blaming Jan for the loss to Haiti never played goalkeeper(as no one really wants to be a goalkeeper coming up as a youngster). When I saw the first goal I definitely thought Jan should have parried wide...but then again when a keeper is under that kind of pressure, just blocking that bullet is a feat in and of itself. TnT's defense sucks so lets not scapegoat Jan. If a team has to rely on their goalkeeper to save them then it's already too late for them.

Is two games now Jan sucking ass.  He absolutely needed to push that shot wide... I doh care who play goalkeeper from who didn't, he do shit den lie down on de field like ah crapaud without trying to get back up for the rebound.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2013, 02:36:16 PM »
no issue with Jan - he shoulda push wide or catch, yet he is our best goalie or the real point yuh made - he was making a 'wta shot is that' save..However, at the upper levels of team sports,everyteam depends on every player, especially the Goalie, if the games involves goalies.. he might not win the game for yuh, but better believe he could &  would , in many cases, save a whole country tail from losing. So i think yuh wrong deh, no ?
"If a team has to rely on their goalkeeper to save them then it's already too late for them. "
Correct!! A GK may not win you a game as goals win matches and that's the stikers job but a GK sure can save you a game if he is doing a good job!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2013, 03:35:31 PM »

Is two games now Jan sucking ass.  He absolutely needed to push that shot wide... I doh care who play goalkeeper from who didn't, he do shit den lie down on de field like ah crapaud without trying to get back up for the rebound.

exactly....man blaming the defenders ( who at fault as well) but any keeper who worth anything would have tried to push the shot wide or out for a corner.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2013, 05:05:02 PM »

What if i say power or a midfielder was suppose to be marking this man, the shot came in and the man just ran right up and got the rebound with no one on him, and to add insult this man was left free in the box again to hurt us, what about puttin a tail on this man like they had a tail on KJ all game??

same sh!t happened in guyana, leon cort was left alone and unmarked on a corbon copy play, free as a bird on the box, now this is atrocious defending! and we have to address that.

we have to know where our markers are @ all times, the big picture is, our midfield and defenders are not fit!! which results in losing their markers and forced errors which further leads to conceding.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2013, 05:08:13 PM »
another thing our defender are guilty of is defending facing the ball in stead of facing the players.

i learn very early that yuh defend with your back to the goal, not with our back facing up field or off to the side, how in the world could you see the attacker running on??  :banginghead:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Nashy

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2013, 05:40:10 PM »

Each team depends on their keeper.  If we did not need a good keeper we would have kitted you out.

Our defence was a biyt weak too.

We will fight hard for a win next game.  That is all.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2013, 12:45:18 PM »

Each team depends on their keeper.  If we did not need a good keeper we would have kitted you out.

Our defence was a biyt weak too.

We will fight hard for a win next game.  That is all.

Who said anything about not needing a goalkeeper? I said doh blame the goalkeeper for your defensive mistakes and de goalie hadda take bullets in he ass.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2013, 12:50:18 PM »
I eh blaming Jan for none ah dem goals that score on him. I ent hearing none ah allyuh talk bout the bicycle he saved...that was ah boss save....what? he cyar geh no love for dat?? Allyuh men only like to come on hear and pong man....well pong dem shitty defenders (#32) dat run on the pitch wearing we red!!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:59:55 PM by Pointman »

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2013, 12:53:24 PM »
I eh blaming Jan for none ah dem goals that score on him. I ent hearing none ah allyuh talk bout the bicycle he saved...that was ah boss save....what? he cyar geh no love for dat?? Allyuh men only like to come on hear and pong man....wel pong dem shitty defenders (#32) dat run on the pitch wearing we red!!

Yuh forgwt Trinis never satisfied. Even SH said it in his interview.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2013, 12:59:05 PM »
Correct!! A GK may not win you a game as goals win matches and that's the stikers job but a GK sure can save you a game if he is doing a good job!!

what about the defenders' job?? They have to make sure that they ent putting their goalie under un-necessary pressure (That's why goalies does be bawling at the defensive line ) Jan doing he best. Not sure bout the defense.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2013, 01:01:55 PM »

at the risk of being "contrarian" again like a man tell meh de other day, I will not be repeating what the commentators/analysts sayin' without thinking, understanding or analyzing for myself....most times "fundamentals" are very important in football (as in all sports) but GK coaches will tell you that sometimes you just have to let certain things go, as long as the GK can make the save.  Sometimes they don't have the time to react the "fundamental" way and they do the best that they can. I say that because, unless Jan had time (which I don't think he did) to shuffle his feet and move across and catch the ball from a standing, fully upright position, or cradle it into his stomach, his footwork didn't matter once he got his two hands to the ball. now THAT is where I think his departure from the "fundamentals" (as I categorize it) is what hurt him/us.  I think Jan could and should have caught that ball as opposed to parrying it.  He could have even pushed it around the post for a corner and at semi-full stretch, it is easier to do that than with them low hard shots on the ground.....over the years, as I have seen JMW play, I find he tends to parry shots more than catch the ones that are catchable and it seems to be the norm with GK's in today's game. Iker Casillas is a next one that does that alot. They parry and punch and hardly ever think of catching the ball like GK's used to do back in the day.  If Earl Carter was Jan's GK coach, I honestly believe you would see a difference because Earl was a "catcher"....just like men like VDS and Schmeichel.....and Richard Hood. (lol!)....I guarantee you, them men was either catching that shot or pushin' it wide for a corner.....
 Jan WAS slow getting back up to deal with the rebound, though, he had no chance.....I am not bashing the man, I like the fella, I think he is a very classy, very humble, cool, level-headed, hard-working fella and I think that is one of the things that make the coaches give him the nod over Marvin, he really works hard in training....but I prefer Marvin myself....to me he just has more natural ability and sharper reflexes......Where is Glenroy Samuel why hasn't he made his way into this national team to compete for the shirt?

....on another note, ah rel likin' de new uniforms but oh LAWWD, man why dem pants and dem so friggin' tight?!     

wtf like yuh take that to heart..chill nah padnah.....but I have to agree with something yuh tell me a couple years ago about technique and our players not ready

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2013, 07:20:27 PM »
Where is Glenroy Samuel why hasn't he made his way into this national team to compete for the shirt?

Look at his performances for Caledonia an you will know why. He is very erratic. When I first saw him at U-17 level, I thought he was one for the future, but even though eh went on to play for the U-20 team at the 2009 World Cup, he just has not progressed to the level that his youth potential suggested.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2013, 07:46:26 PM »
I eh blaming Jan for none ah dem goals that score on him. I ent hearing none ah allyuh talk bout the bicycle he saved...that was ah boss save....what? he cyar geh no love for dat?? Allyuh men only like to come on hear and pong man....well pong dem shitty defenders (#32) dat run on the pitch wearing we red!!

just because ah man make ah big save in ah match dont mean he real good....a broken clock is right twice a day.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2013, 10:35:48 PM »

You normally make sense but yuh on some shit here Pointman... Jan get biggup nuff times for that save on Zelaya... just go in the "Thread for the El Salvador Game" and read fuh yuhself.  He was poor up until that save slow to react, heavy on his feet... overall just a sluggish performance.  If not for the posts he woulda get exposed.  Yuh want to focus on the defender who get leave out on the second goal... is de first goal we talking about here, leh we try and keep de riddim.  I still supporting him, since from the information I have, he's the best option, if not in terms of ability, in terms of attitude.  But I will criticize him as necessary as well.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2013, 11:55:45 PM »
Awright fellas... we go hadda agree to disagree. I putting blame squarely on the shoulders of the defenders who letting we down time and again. Jan should have parried wide to first shot from Haiti but IMO he did the best he could at that point. 
Anyway lehwe move on from this and wish dem fellas de best moving forward. BIG UP TNT.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2013, 12:24:37 AM »

at the risk of being "contrarian" again like a man tell meh de other day, I will not be repeating what the commentators/analysts sayin' without thinking, understanding or analyzing for myself....most times "fundamentals" are very important in football (as in all sports) but GK coaches will tell you that sometimes you just have to let certain things go, as long as the GK can make the save.  Sometimes they don't have the time to react the "fundamental" way and they do the best that they can. I say that because, unless Jan had time (which I don't think he did) to shuffle his feet and move across and catch the ball from a standing, fully upright position, or cradle it into his stomach, his footwork didn't matter once he got his two hands to the ball. now THAT is where I think his departure from the "fundamentals" (as I categorize it) is what hurt him/us.  I think Jan could and should have caught that ball as opposed to parrying it.  He could have even pushed it around the post for a corner and at semi-full stretch, it is easier to do that than with them low hard shots on the ground.....over the years, as I have seen JMW play, I find he tends to parry shots more than catch the ones that are catchable and it seems to be the norm with GK's in today's game. Iker Casillas is a next one that does that alot. They parry and punch and hardly ever think of catching the ball like GK's used to do back in the day.  If Earl Carter was Jan's GK coach, I honestly believe you would see a difference because Earl was a "catcher"....just like men like VDS and Schmeichel.....and Richard Hood. (lol!)....I guarantee you, them men was either catching that shot or pushin' it wide for a corner.....
 Jan WAS slow getting back up to deal with the rebound, though, he had no chance.....I am not bashing the man, I like the fella, I think he is a very classy, very humble, cool, level-headed, hard-working fella and I think that is one of the things that make the coaches give him the nod over Marvin, he really works hard in training....but I prefer Marvin myself....to me he just has more natural ability and sharper reflexes......Where is Glenroy Samuel why hasn't he made his way into this national team to compete for the shirt?

....on another note, ah rel likin' de new uniforms but oh LAWWD, man why dem pants and dem so friggin' tight?!     

wtf like yuh take that to heart..chill nah padnah.....but I have to agree with something yuh tell me a couple years ago about technique and our players not ready

I was jes' being sarcastic.....and whatever it was I said, yes, I agree, too!

Where is Glenroy Samuel why hasn't he made his way into this national team to compete for the shirt?

Look at his performances for Caledonia an you will know why. He is very erratic. When I first saw him at U-17 level, I thought he was one for the future, but even though eh went on to play for the U-20 team at the 2009 World Cup, he just has not progressed to the level that his youth potential suggested.

I rel sorry to hyear dat, because at the youth level, he had all the right elements to be the next No.1 in trute....I would like to blame it on something somebody touched on earlier in the thread, I think was Football Supporter: if these players don't have the right coaches and the right facilities with the right training methods, they will never develop into their fullest potential.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2013, 07:12:22 AM »
Jan Michael will come through big for us this Saturday, watch...

Glenroy Samuel.... please !!!!

Come on Jan, silence your critics.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2013, 01:54:40 PM »
Glenroy Samuel   ;)
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2013, 02:01:28 PM »
Lord boy
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2013, 02:11:47 PM »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Married2ATrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2013, 12:18:01 PM »
Ranjitsingh named One of Top Goalkeepers in Country MACON, Ga.
Sophomore goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh earned honorable mention recognition in an article ranking the top goalkeepers in the country according to TopDrawerSoccer.com on Friday morning. 

Only 14 netminders from across the nation were named in the release, with Ranjitsingh being listed in the players under consideration section.

The well-deserved inclusion of Ranjitsingh in the article comes after a season that solidified him as one of the best goalkeepers in the nation. The NSCAA Second Team All-South Region and Atlantic Sun All-Conference second team netminder led the A-Sun with a 0.87 goals against average and 93 saves and ranked 12th in the country with a sparkling .838 save percentage.

Ranjitsingh and 17 other letterwinners from last year's squad that went 11-7-2 overall and lost in the A-Sun Championship title game for the second time in the last four seasons will return to Macon for preseason camp to kick-off the 2013 campaign this August.

To read the complete article on TopDrawerSoccer.com, click here.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2013, 05:23:11 PM »
Moms on top of things. Tenor, this is the yute I was telling you about last week.

1]; } ?>