June 16, 2024, 08:44:11 PM

Author Topic: Sinking ship  (Read 5100 times)

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Sinking ship
« on: July 13, 2013, 12:16:42 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKCAJhJgSYw

After watching TNT vs Haiti I had to post this song in tribute to the national team, the ship has sunk. That was by far the worst performance to date and a very shameful performance.

I am sure after the 2-2 draw with El Salvador many bandwagonist came back in support of the soccer team but after last night's performance the line was drawn.

I love my soccer but Trinidad's soccer is just not attractive to watch, plain awful at times. I wonder if we play Tahiti who will win.

Carlos is meh boy and bleeder are two senior players but their time is up. The sad thing is that there are no players who can replace them with their experience. This is a shame.

How do you play two attackers who are so similar and stationary, there was no one to put the defenders under any pressure by making runs off the ball.

There was no creativity or imagination, not just in the last third, the whole pitch for TNT. I saw the El Salvador/Guatemala game and the creativity and imagination of the two teams were amazing, the midfielders would actually thread balls through knowing the attackers would be on the same page to make those runs, very nice indeed.

I have noticed that TNT players do not dribble anymore, even within the confines of team ball. This is shocking. 

Our overall pace of game is too slow for elite soccer. As they is say in Trini - today for tomorrow.

I have not solutions for the team, just speechless. Where do we go next. How do we as a nation turn soccer around to get on the world's stage

Overall, F. The only way we can go is to fail forward

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sinking ship
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 06:45:05 AM »
yuh points have some merit.let's see how things progress.Tim Kee and Hart have both just taken over.I think it is totally unfair to judge Hart's ability right now. Would you like to be judge after having your team for 4 days in a mini camp?   

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 10:56:47 AM »
Man saying de ship sinkin...well yes..all de time I tort we was tryin to pull it up from de bottom ah de sea..from 20,000 leagues..

it sinkin again?!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 11:59:33 AM »
newbies & rookies..all now get a peek at the picture, see the whole forest, and ready to tell yuh about every tree...cause them know forest and them know trees..then resident experts, here a whole 2,3  years, and will tell yuh them have the answers cause them following TT football since they small, so them know it inside out, and them have most of the answers, and everybody else chupid..then it have those like me, who doh know nothing, and therefore can't contribute nothing, cause we not even trini, we is alien everywhere we go, Alien where we live, Alien where we born, and always talking in tongues, nobody can understand  :D....and finally those that actually know, but refusing to say, cause they know, in this game, anything can happen, so it best to niether be overly elated or disappointed, and just try yuh best... they tell me they find this site real funny, normal for a fan site, with a trini bachanalist finish.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 12:25:33 PM »
He did bring up one good point about the non existence of the "dribble" in our game. Our players play like robots now. It's like they can't think for themselves, someone has to tell them when to dribble, shoot, make runs, sped up play, hustle, track back, and everything else football wise. We want to play like the Europeans, and that is just one of the problems we have.

I am not saying we can't try their tactics, but include our natural ability to dribble and think outside the box with it and we might just look like a football team again.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 12:26:31 PM »
More waggonists!!!!!

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 12:29:50 PM »
More waggonists!!!!!

nah man, we quick to label here. but you can't blame someone for only now finding the website, only now have the courage to post or posting only when they have something to say.
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 12:34:30 PM »
We want to play like the Europeans, and that is just one of the problems we have.

Our coaches are encouraged to go to Euro for better knowledge of the game. 90% of the foreign coaches hired has been Euros. Our guys are encouraged to go Euro for betterment. So what do we expect. They play in a Euro environment, so they play like Euros.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 12:37:29 PM »
More waggonists!!!!!
More waggonists!!!!!

nah man, we quick to label here. but you can't blame someone for only now finding the website, only now have the courage to post or posting only when they have something to say.

You right. I take back what I said. We certainly need the diverse opinions.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 12:41:16 PM »
Stueps. Ship already sink bro. Now we have to recover it. Until then we at the bottom of the sea floor
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 12:43:58 PM »
More waggonists!!!!!

the only thing for me is, when the newbies start a thread, to tell we what wrong...cause we didn't know  :banginghead: we only hitting we head on wall 15 years now..btw,triniairman, yuh now seeing that point   :rotfl: or is yuh son or daughter posting under your name ?  I'll tell y'all the thought that point did generate for me - we said so LONG time, since the old board, but we had one man who used to take care of it (latas), and a couple supporting cast (Dwarika, Carlos, the name I won't call, etc). Those days SH used to post, and he did like it, while we gradually went away from it, with Beenie, we played more conservative, less flair, but more successes due to better defensive structure..I think in time, we will see a combination of both strengths..so there..the post turn out good, and generate discussion , doh dig  :D

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 12:49:35 PM »
We want to play like the Europeans, and that is just one of the problems we have.

Our coaches are encouraged to go to Euro for better knowledge of the game. 90% of the foreign coaches hired has been Euros. Our guys are encouraged to go Euro for betterment. So what do we expect. They play in a Euro environment, so they play like Euros.
I am not arguing that fact. What I suggested is to instill some freedom of skill/dribble and outside the box thinking with this adopted style of football, and I believe we will see a difference in our game.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 01:09:04 PM »
Well said, atb....well said!  :beermug: 

And don't worry about some of the negative people on this board who will discard what you say just because you barely post on this site.  Your opinions matter just as much as someone who has over 10,000 posts and basically lives on the SW forum.

Anyway, among many different issues, one of my main issues against the T&T team is the fact that they don't play 'hungry'.  They don't play like they're fighting for pride in their craft or anything.  The players quite frankly, play too much like well-fed well-financed prima-donnas who feel that they already 'make-it', so they don't need to prove anything any more. 

Also, T&T players need to stop watching the EPL and all them long-ball uncreative leagues.  We seem to be trying to emulate the same style and game-plan of the lame English team...a team that is almost zero threat in the world football community.  And our players need to progress out of the Intercol style of football.  You don't just stand there and wait for the ball to be passed directly to your feet in the attacking 3rd, like how most Intercol football is played.  You have to learn to run off the ball, and use mis-direction in offense, passing the ball to the SPACE, not necessarily to the man.     

There's a lot more I've stated on other posts, but I'll leave it right there.

The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 01:21:39 PM »

And don't worry about some of the negative people on this board who will discard what you say just because you barely post on this site.  Your opinions matter just as much as someone who has over 10,000 posts and basically lives on the SW forum.........

see what ah mean...lawd.. negative ? really ?

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 01:31:00 PM »

And don't worry about some of the negative people on this board who will discard what you say just because you barely post on this site.  Your opinions matter just as much as someone who has over 10,000 posts and basically lives on the SW forum.........

Yes really.  Deal with it.  ;)

A fella post something that making sense...the SAME thing everyone here been saying for years. And just because he only have 100 posts, fellas resort to name-calling and petty labeling.  BIG STEUPPES.

So yeah...'negative people' against other posters. 
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 01:46:51 PM »
Any of allyuh ever make cake....allyuh ever look at the process...after the batter is made..if you are to taste, it does it taste like cake? it has to rise then it has to be baked and then the icing placed on it..yes we want the national team to win but this is the best brand we have been playing since 2006. The process that is going to make us rise to a higher level isn't going to come overnight or in a few weeks.
Clearly as opposed to the last few years we are seeing a process. The defense is better organized our style of play is better.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 01:56:04 PM »
Too much people want instant success. Like I say prepare for more licks.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 01:59:16 PM »

A fella post something that making sense...the SAME thing everyone here been saying for years. And just because he only have 100 posts, fellas resort to name-calling and petty labeling.  BIG STEUPPES.

my bad bro.. I am sorry if i offended...1st off, atb is niether  newbie or a rookie..because he has a 100 post don't mean he in niether..secondly the only named called was newbie and rookie, niether which are negative.. 3rdly and what generated my stupid comment was "A fella post something that making sense...the SAME thing everyone here been saying for years. ", so instead of going over the same I went and bothered to acknowledge, when I shouldn't have, i should have let others with new post carry on...especially because, talk yuh talk, doesn't mean, listen to what anyone has to say, even if that also makes sense...I won't remove my post, but I will in the future to not be a cockaroach in fowl business...I shoulda learn that already... go save my thoughts in the future, cause ah busy here making a set of un-necessary post for nothing, and that is not me..go have to deal with that..sorry, I out..carry on

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 02:08:05 PM »

my bad bro.. I am sorry if i offended...1st off, atb is niether  newbie or a rookie..because he has a 100 post don't mean he in niether..secondly the only named called was newbie and rookie, niether which are negative.. 3rdly and what generated my stupid comment was "A fella post something that making sense...the SAME thing everyone here been saying for years. ", so instead of going over the same I went and bothered to acknowledge, when I shouldn't have, i should have let others with new post carry on...especially because, talk yuh talk, doesn't mean, listen to what anyone has to say, even if that also makes sense...I won't remove my post, but I will in the future to not be a cockaroach in fowl business...I shoulda learn that already... go save my thoughts in the future, cause ah busy here making a set of un-necessary post for nothing, and that is not me..go have to deal with that..sorry, I out..carry on

Bredz, no worries --- no offense taken...and to be honest I really didn't even read the names of who said what with regards to the name-calling.  I just read through the comments when I posted my first comment, and wasn't targeting you as the culprit when I stated 'negative people'. 

So keep on posting and keeping it real, breda! Cheers!    :beermug:   :beermug:   :beermug:

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 02:20:43 PM »
but who
He did bring up one good point about the non existence of the "dribble" in our game. Our players play like robots now. It's like they can't think for themselves, someone has to tell them when to dribble, shoot, make runs, sped up play, hustle, track back, and everything else football wise. We want to play like the Europeans, and that is just one of the problems we have.

I am not saying we can't try their tactics, but include our natural ability to dribble and think outside the box with it and we might just look like a football team again.

but who could dribble on our squad since latas and dwarika days?

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 08:35:22 PM »

As simple as someone's personal comment which everyone is entitled too makes for real drama on this socawarriors site. Why are trinidadians like that. I have been on this site for a very long time, I check it everyday but I simply refuse to make comments or post anything because of the fightdown and small talk which simply makes no sense.

Why people can't respect people's views and leave it like that. We should all be able to agree to disagree and keep it moving than this fight down and foolish bickering that trini people like.

I see it everyday on this site and I simply shake my head.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether someone agree or not. Respect is a must.

We as a people should be bigger than that and just keep the love.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 09:13:51 PM »
So when Carlos faking out man and twisting and turning, and pushing ball rong man and collecting on the other side what dey call dat?

And do we really need somebody else to tell us about our speed-of-play (specifically the lack thereof?) haven't we (in countless threads!!!!) beaten that topic to ah frazzle????
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2013, 10:25:31 PM »

After watching TNT vs Haiti I had to post this song in tribute to the national team, the ship has sunk. That was by far the worst performance to date and a very shameful performance.
I am sure after the 2-2 draw with El Salvador many bandwagonist came back in support of the soccer team but after last night's performance the line was drawn.
I love my soccer but Trinidad's soccer is just not attractive to watch, plain awful at times. I wonder if we play Tahiti who will win.

Carlos is meh boy and bleeder are two senior players but their time is up. The sad thing is that there are no players who can replace them with their experience. This is a shame.
How do you play two attackers who are so similar and stationary, there was no one to put the defenders under any pressure by making runs off the ball.

There was no creativity or imagination, not just in the last third, the whole pitch for TNT. I saw the El Salvador/Guatemala game and the creativity and imagination of the two teams were amazing, the midfielders would actually thread balls through knowing the attackers would be on the same page to make those runs, very nice indeed.

I have noticed that TNT players do not dribble anymore, even within the confines of team ball. This is shocking. 

Our overall pace of game is too slow for elite soccer. As they is say in Trini - today for tomorrow.I have not solutions for the team, just speechless. Where do we go next. How do we as a nation turn soccer around to get on the world's stage

as i said, sorry, didn't realize it was love and non-fight down..I moved on

Offline Lifeisgood

• Jr. Warrior
  • Lively Up Yourself!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 08:03:03 AM »

Our overall pace of game is too slow for elite soccer. As they is say in Trini - today for tomorrow.

I have not solutions for the team, just speechless. Where do we go next. How do we as a nation turn soccer around to get on the world's stage

COSIGN.   One of the most sensible posts related to our brand of football.  The only team that T&T might be better than in this tournament is Belize.

Look at my "number of posts" and say what yuh want.... I know I have watched enough football to have an opinion --  ATB well said sah! 

It is EXTREMELY hard to watch our NATIONAL team, play such vanilla football.  The lack of movement off the ball, no desire to win the ball back, the lack of trust between players and ultimately the lack of mental and physical fitness... is alarming especially for a NATIONAL team.

You telling me that can't find 2 wingers that could run at a outside back with pace?  .... or a striker that knows how to create space for himself, so that the ball can find him?

could go on and on but... STEUPSS

Maxg ... that 1st post? ... STEUPSS  (especially for ah "HERO" Warrior)

Never be afraid ....
To turn over your uncertain Future
..to our certain God.

Love one another.  Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 08:18:33 AM »
yeah boy..steupss..ah have no shame  ...for me, i find the team played very well, except for a few critical errors, and thus can possibly perform better - tells yuh what i know, not much. So doh bother with that hero warrior thing, is not a title i worked or applied for, most of my post is in another area. Take a look at dinho contribution in the 'axe theobald thread' and see what constructive and proper criticism is about.

Offline Lifeisgood

• Jr. Warrior
  • Lively Up Yourself!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2013, 08:29:14 AM »
No scene pardna ... just doh feel the "fight down ting", just because ATB "only" has a hundred posts.

That is the benefit of this forum, an avenue for us all to "feel like" we know a thing or 2 about this beautiful game.  Have to remember, this is our NATIONAL team.. which is and should be our most criticized team, because expectations should be higher.

The new coach, new players excuse can only work to a point....these are professional players that are not doing things that youth players (at least) try routinely.  We really expect Hart to teach men how to move in and create triangles on the field?....that the man in possession must always have at least 3 passing options?....that we compress our shape defensively, and expand our shape when we have possession?.... a "coach" is supposed to teach this big hard back men that????????
Never be afraid ....
..to our certain God.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2013, 08:52:18 AM »
No scene pardna ... just doh feel the "fight down ting", just because ATB "only" has a hundred posts.

That is the benefit of this forum, an avenue for us all to "feel like" we know a thing or 2 about this beautiful game.  Have to remember, this is our NATIONAL team.. which is and should be our most criticized team, because expectations should be higher.

The new coach, new players excuse can only work to a point....these are professional players that are not doing things that youth players (at least) try routinely.  We really expect Hart to teach men how to move in and create triangles on the field?....that the man in possession must always have at least 3 passing options?....that we compress our shape defensively, and expand our shape when we have possession?.... a "coach" is supposed to teach this big hard back men that????????
hold on..why keep bring up issue about the amount of post...ah man could have one post and it make total sense, a man could have a thousand and it be nonsense...and vice versa...but if it is posted, then expect it to be critiqued, as i would expect mine, as some ppl have done here. So i not allowed to have an opinion,and if it is not in agreement it is a fight down

Boss, is the things said, see bolded above..that is our team, mine anyway getting fight down..it not who say, is what is said. and I believe it was all wrong..so I don't have a opinion to say that ? because the man hardly post..so anybody can say post anything WRONG and everything ok..well let me say what i have to say and it be ok too..is one thing to say the team didn't play well, or so and so didn't play well..but damn
"I love my soccer but Trinidad's soccer is just not attractive to watch, plain awful at times. " That is everybody past present and future the man talking about.
"Carlos is meh boy and bleeder are two senior players but their time is up. The sad thing is that there are no players who can replace them with their experience. This is a shame." that is no future
if
look, we wasting we time here yes...

Offline Lifeisgood

• Jr. Warrior
  • Lively Up Yourself!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2013, 09:04:18 AM »
True true.. my fault boss -- leh we jes back we side and hope for the bess.
Hope this forum stays alive!!

:beermug:
Never be afraid ....
..to our certain God.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2013, 04:01:04 PM »

And don't worry about some of the negative people on this board who will discard what you say just because you barely post on this site.  Your opinions matter just as much as someone who has over 10,000 posts and basically lives on the SW forum.

Anyway, among many different issues, one of my main issues against the T&T team is the fact that they don't play 'hungry'.  They don't play like they're fighting for pride in their craft or anything.  The players quite frankly, play too much like well-fed well-financed prima-donnas who feel that they already 'make-it', so they don't need to prove anything any more. 

Also, T&T players need to stop watching the EPL and all them long-ball uncreative leagues.  We seem to be trying to emulate the same style and game-plan of the lame English team...a team that is almost zero threat in the world football community.  And our players need to progress out of the Intercol style of football.  You don't just stand there and wait for the ball to be passed directly to your feet in the attacking 3rd, like how most Intercol football is played.  You have to learn to run off the ball, and use mis-direction in offense, passing the ball to the SPACE, not necessarily to the man.     

To say that our players lack pride and don't fight hard enough are not true.  You think when you put on a TT jersey,  you as a player want to be embarassed. Come better than that. Our team is not good enough at this time. They may surprise us tonight, but SH is yet to stamp his authority on this team. He is working with what is given to him. He probably still figuring out how to balance this team.The man took over the team 3 weeks ago.

The point that they play like well financed prima-donna is a joke. WHo on that team does act like he above the rest. We have 1 EPL, and the other is Belgium, and other Euro leagues, MlS, and Asian leagues and they acting like prima-donna? What I see is a team that is not good enough. They players don't have enough confidence in each other as yet. I don't think we have the players to take on oponents one on one with ease. We don't have players in the mold of Latas, Elliot-Allen, DY, Sammy, Archie, Steve David, etc. That is not SH fault. That is a TTFA problem. So allyuh stop dumping on our guys.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 04:03:29 PM by Deeks »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2013, 04:07:19 PM »
Good post Deeks  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

1]; } ?>