April 28, 2024, 11:47:26 AM

Author Topic: My ratings vs Haiti.  (Read 2588 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
My ratings vs Haiti.
« on: July 13, 2013, 08:11:48 AM »
People could say what they want, Haiti is not better than T&T and did nothing special to be afraid of them, they took their chances and won and they fitter, de normal story with T&T but you cant blame Hart for this, he got them so in limited time.

When they see a opening, Haiti shoot and it worked, T&T on de other hand have to be in de goal mouth to score. Take a dam shot man, try something nah, like Haiti did and we GK give them it in a platter.

Another thing, if you want to score on T&T, use the center of the field not the wing. Everybody and they mother knows this except de coaching staff then and now.

The player with the ball must see 3 or more options, in T&T case, he dont see any, which means, no one is working off the ball, which means they not fit and saving they energy for de last 5 minutes of de game.

We give Haiti control of the game instead of stamping and dictating de game in de first 25 mins, we hand it over to them in a plate with pepper sauce and channa.

Tactical changes have to be made, forget formation when you down and want to win. Like bringing on Gay instead of Glen, on of T&T's better striker, unless he was injured.

My ratings vs Haiti.

Jan-Michael Williams - 5 - His fault on the first goal. He does not stamp his authority in the box and needs to communicate with the defenders.

Seon Power - 5 - All fight, but cannot pass to save he life, not the Power I saw a year ago. But still like him because I know he can fight to de end.

Carlyle Mitchell - 4 - Save us a few times and lucky he did not cause T&T a penalty with a hand ball and he also lucky he did not get a yellow for another hand ball. Our back 4 defenders are not communicating with each other. He cause de second goal because his clearance was poor.

Joevin Jones - 6.5 - Much improve game and look good going forward. That is the Jone I know.

Aubrey David - N/A - Came on and did very well.

Justin Hoyte - 9 - A workhorse and we best, fastest and fittest player and defender on de field. He need to stop getting upset though because it taking away his game. I mean he must get upset because he bussing he ass all over de field and T&T just killing the balls he giving them, but he must stay focus.

Kevin Molino - N/A - Showed some fight when he came on, but did nothing special. At least he does try.

Carlos Edwards - 5 - Not de Carlos I know, his confidence is shot. And de man can play, he still have speed and he can strike de ball from distance and accuracy. wtf wrong with him?

Darryl Roberts - 3 - Send this player back to Turkey and never call him up again. He does nothing positive on the field except look busy. If we did not have injures I sure they woulda sub him. And after all this he still did better than Carter.

Khaleem Hyland - 5 - Had a poor game compare to his last one, must be composed and must think for a minute before he pass de ball, he is strong and should take shots on goal more often. I know he can do better, but maybe if he was playing alongside a midfielder who could back him up he woulda do better, because he was left to take charge and do everything alone it took away from him. Them fellas was tired and breathing hard, hard.

Keon Daniel - 5 - Made some decent passes but did nothing great. Take more shots man, you can shoot de ball, we know that.

Jamal Gay - N/A - Starting to make me feel that he is a good player in practice. He is a player who could fool you in practice because he does run hard and tackle but he just cannot score to save he life. He had a chance to score and hit de ball over de Stadium. Gay is not a game changer but might do better if he start alongside a player like Glen or Molino. I love he work rate but he must take his chances, I know he can do better.

Kenwyne Jones - 6 - Did not do good like his last game, but I still like how he is trying.

Densill Theobald - 4 - Ah save de best for last. Love his attitude as a person but not his game. He killing de pace of the game and is not supporting any plays on the field, he looks weak, he cannot take his game to the next level and he not following up the few passes he make. Not de same player we saw vs Estonia. He is captain and he is not communicating with his teammates or trying to life them.

After de Gold Cup, if I was Boucaud, Hoyte and Birchall I would retire for T&T football. These 3 players have de most heart on the team, they can play very well and they get along on and off the field. I see Hoyte and Boucaud have special bond. Maybe Birchall is not a starter but we coulda use him vs Haiti instead of Molino because he does the simple things and he woulda tighten up de midfield which woulda ease de pressure on the defenders.

Vs Honduras I with Bally, if Theobald on de field, I turning off my TV.

-----------------------Williams-------------------
Edwards------Power-----------Mitchell---------Cyrus
----------------------Hyland----------------------
Birchall-------------Boucaud----------------David
-----------------------Daniel----------------------
-----------------------Jones-----------------------

Cornell Glen - First off de bench, super sub.

Molino - Good sub if we need more fire power.

Curtis Gonzales - Good sub if we want to replace a dead beat Carlos Edwards if he pulling stones.

I am assuming Joevin and Justin is injured ? or else they starting in place of David and Birchall.

Marvin is not better than Jan, but maybe John should start?

Texas is humid and HOT, them fellas better drink plenty gatorade and sleep well. Its not over.

ALL WE WANT TO SEE IS HEART !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fight like f00cking WARRIORS man,, not like WORRIES !!!!

Come on SH, show them yuh stuff, I know you know yuh ball. It dont take 100 games to see de weak links, just watch a 1/2 hour clip on youtube and right away you could identify players and none players. We have de internet now.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:28:36 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: My ratings vs Haiti.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 09:52:09 AM »
Well said Sam, I know Gay personally, the man can play but you right, I am not sure he is a game changer, but he can play ball, give him time.

I like your line up too.

-----------------------Williams-------------------
Edwards------Power-----------Mitchell---------Cyrus
----------------------Hyland----------------------
Birchall-------------Boucaud----------------David
-----------------------Daniel----------------------
-----------------------Jones-----------------------

Good luck to SH and the crew.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 09:53:33 AM »
Darryl Roberts - 3 - Send this player back to Turkey and never call him up again. He does nothing positive on the field except look busy. If we did not have injures I sure they woulda sub him. And after all this he still did better than Carter.

plenty ppl, on dis site does real rate him and i think that happens for 2 reasons:
1) he does look real busy on the field
2) they went the same high school as him

this fellah not national team material unless we talking about caribbean cup football.  outside of that he not ready.

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: i concur. good line up. And ah not watchin de game if bleeder play.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 11:29:35 AM »
De best go be if ah man walk out de stadium if bleeder in de line up

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 12:33:23 PM »
If you're making the case that  T&T is better than Haiti base on the game you watch then you must admit that Haiti is also better than Honduras right now who's leading the group because Haiti outplayed Honduras and did look better than Honduras. Just to be fair! Wouldn't you agree with me?

Haiti took 24 shots and scored zero goal, Honduras took 5 shots and scored 2 goals. Haiti was on the plus side  in all statistical aspects of the game but loss the game.

Here is a fair rating and comparison:

From what I saw, the two teams are evenly match. We all agree that with a little luck on  Haiti side , they could of won the game 3-0. With a little luck on T&t side, T&T could of tied the game 2-2.

I don't think T&T could of won, they could of tied it but not winning it for the following reasons:

T&T never tested the Haitian Goaly with a hard shot at any point of the game while your goaly hard to stop some hard shots from the Haitians. I also realize every time the Haitians got the ball on the counter attacks, they were watching T&T on their review mirror which led me to believe they were faster than T&T players. Haiti did attack the goal faster, look more hungry and determine than T&T. I was surprise in most part of the second half, T&T was playing  Haitian style of soccer looking cool passing the ball at midfield back and forth side way etc... They were playing like they had the lead. When you're 2-0 behind, you attack the opponent goal by moving the ball forward not side way or lateral passes.

From watching all the teams right now in this group, I'd say Haiti and Trinidad are the 2 best teams in the group. I still don't think Honduras is that good. They're just  riding on their name and reputation as the 3rd best team in the concacaf.

I think you will win against Honduras while Haiti will take care of El Salvador

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 12:52:01 PM »
Sam , Aubrey David is a Left and Right Back.. he is a right footed left back

He doesnt get forward so why the hell would you start him Left Wing ?? lol

Hopefully Joevin fit for the last game to give us 2 options

We can try a 3-5-2 with:

------------------------GK---
----------------------Hyland
-------------Power------------Cyrus
--Carlos--------Birchall---Boucaud-----J.Jones
----------------------Daniel
----------------Kenwyne---Glen

And for the football experts who coming to question it.. dont forget Hyland played CB for Genk alot in his early days..and he could definitely play it for T&T in a sweeper role where he can use his passing range to get it out the back

That is just an experimental idea...cant see Hart going with it but If we sticking with 4 in the back I want to see :

------------------------------GK---------------

---Carlos---------Power----------Mitchell---------J.Jones(David if Jones not fit)

----Molino--------Boucaud-----Hyland----------Daniel

------------------Glen--------Jones

Molino bringing more than Carter and Roberts

Men that cannot touch the field , starting or coming on..they cannot touch the field...Theobald, Carter and Gay

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 01:09:48 PM »
Sam i fell yuh frustration, but you really score roberts the lowest of all the players, are you serious??

yuh must remember that this bredder is in no way shape or form a winger, he doesn't have the speed and the penetrating ability, i think playing him on the wing is ah huge injustice, i would rather see cornel glenn on the wing than roberts.

i know you know better than that since yuh watching the game donkey yrs now. roberts is ah goal scorer and he gets in great goal scoring position, so why not play him in the role of keon daniel, right behind the striker in an attacking position.

just look @ the two game where he was in striking distance in the middle of the box.

i believe that carlos should resume playing on the right wing and molino on the left to support jovin jones. i would also like to see boucard and hyland play together, and roberts or daniel supporting the forward.

yuh can't play ppl out of position and expect them to perform. roberts is an attacker, not a supplier, just look @ chances he got as opposed to gay and daniel, i say give the fella a chance in the attacking third center park.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 01:11:47 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 01:09:57 PM »
Truehaitian, remember that we had three headers and a flat out throw away shot over the bar. To say that we had the better chances in the box would not be a lie. Our GK provided the assist on the first goal. The second Haitian goal was a fluke goal...a sort of good luck goal. The Defender tried to clear the ball. If it went for a throw, no one would say anything. The fact that Haiti got a lucky rebound, we Trinis are all over the man. Our back four was not under heavy pressure like the Hondurans were against you. It was a hard luck play that was good for Haiti. Most of Haiti's possession was not in our defensive third. We Trinbagonians are not happy because the boys did not play hard for the whole game. Fitness might be our issue as well due to lack of proper preparation. Haiti wanted it more and you saw the result.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 01:27:46 PM »
Banter banton, what game you watched??

molino was forcing the game and was trapped quite a lot by the haitian midfield and defense. for the time he was on the field he gave away the ball quite often, and made very questionable decisions.

don't get me wrong i like the kid, but lets not get beside ourselves now, roberts did a lot of work off the ball and was playing one touch football, he also supported hoyte a lot affording him instances to over lap that resulted in some dangerous crosses.

he also broke up a lot of plays, defended a few as well and gave us quite a few trows and free kicks on the wing, carter did non of this and neither did molino, and the best part the kid is not a winger.

as for bleeder, i say keep him, he will make a good sub when we have a leader and need someone to stabilize the midfield, as opposed to most of you, i believe bleeder is not a liability, just not a starter.

it's my belief that the coaching staff got ah few things wrong in terms of team selection and positioning of players, and i honestly hope they find the answers.     good luck warriors.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 01:46:55 PM »
Why dey not better ..because dey poor?
Dey better..dey stronger,faster ,fitter, have better skills..deh rel dance on we..dem is rel ballers..

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 01:53:17 PM »
Dey better..dey stronger,faster ,fitter, have better skills..deh rel dance on we..dem is rel ballers..
MODS ALLYUH SEE FOR ALLYUH SELF, THIS BOY FACKIN UP THE BOARD, PLEASE RID OF OF THIS PEST, PLEASE!!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 01:55:05 PM by just cool »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 03:14:01 PM »
MODS ALLYUH SEE FOR ALLYUH SELF, THIS BOY FACKIN UP THE BOARD, PLEASE RID OF OF THIS PEST, PLEASE!!
      Come on JC have a sense of humour,after the first game people was calling for coache let the guy have his fun.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 03:54:40 PM »
      Come on JC have a sense of humour,after the first game people was calling for coache let the guy have his fun.
Coop i eh go lie, i used to have loads of respect for you, but after paying attention to some things you have said, i'm not quite sure how i feel about you now, and to hear this, come on bro, really?

to permit this kind of behavior under the pretext of having fun is real irresponsible to say the least. the man is ah fackin imps, him and horner, and every time they come through is to rub salt. :pissedoff:

it's not like i'm against a different point of view providing that it's done in all honesty, but to troll the board especially when we taking stick, what part of the game is that??     :shameonyou:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 05:51:47 AM »
Sam , Aubrey David is a Left and Right Back.. he is a right footed left back

He doesnt get forward so why the hell would you start him Left Wing ?? lol

Hopefully Joevin fit for the last game to give us 2 options

We can try a 3-5-2 with:

------------------------GK---
----------------------Hyland
-------------Power------------Cyrus
--Carlos--------Birchall---Boucaud-----J.Jones
----------------------Daniel
----------------Kenwyne---Glen

And for the football experts who coming to question it.. dont forget Hyland played CB for Genk alot in his early days..and he could definitely play it for T&T in a sweeper role where he can use his passing range to get it out the back

That is just an experimental idea...cant see Hart going with it but If we sticking with 4 in the back I want to see :

------------------------------GK---------------

---Carlos---------Power----------Mitchell---------J.Jones(David if Jones not fit)

----Molino--------Boucaud-----Hyland----------Daniel

------------------Glen--------Jones

Molino bringing more than Carter and Roberts

Men that cannot touch the field , starting or coming on..they cannot touch the field...Theobald, Carter and Gay

Bro, Joevin is injured and out. Cyrus can play left back and Aubrey David left wing, we need Aubrey in midfield (left wing) to tighten it up, is Honduras we playing and if we have a solid midfield we have a better chance.

And for your information, I see Aubrey David get forward many times, not as good as Joevin, but I saw him many times.

Come nah man.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 07:28:41 AM »
People could say what they want, Haiti is not better than T&T and did nothing special to be afraid of them, they took their chances and won and they fitter, de normal story with T&T but you cant blame Hart for this, he got them so in limited time

Sam, you is a genious!!!! I will side with you on this point. This Hatian team is much more cohesive at this moment than TT. We can question SH sub policies, but we HAVE to give the man some slack. I don't even care if they go after the next game. Hart has to mold his team. I honestly hope after this tournament he serious start working with the U-17s, U-20s for the next CAC, Olimpics, GC and WC.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:32:55 AM by Deeks »

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 10:53:47 AM »
Truth be told, I think that even St. Kitts, Grenada, or even the Belize who showed up against Costa Rica yesterday would've defeated the Soca Non-Warriors on Friday. 

There was a time in T&T football when we were attack minded.  A time when a fella would put down real beats on defenders, and find his way into the penalty box, and square the ball in front of the goal for 3-4 T&T attackers storming de penalty area.

Yeah, we may have still lost the game, but we would play DESERVING of the title 'WARRIORS'.

Now we play like pussy cats.  :-[

Just my $.02   
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »
If you guys listen to Carlos Edwards interview it reveals a lot, some players were not pulling their weight.

Secondly, because of the two injuries (Hoyte and Joevin) changes were made that were not suppose too, therefore, the situation; it left the guilty player/s who were ineffective on the field.  You cannot blame SH for this.

When you have 10 players on the field and 2 or 3 is not pulling their weight it drains the team physically and mentally.

What is also missing is communication. I told Densill personally, he needs to speak on the field and try to lift his teammates spirit, you need to encourage them.

There are things that are also missing in T&T. They have some very athletic players who can strike the ball from outside the box effectively (Jamal, Joevin, Kenwyne, Christopher, Boucaud, Khaleem and Carlos) why not use it? Haiti did it and it worked for them. Shooting can lead to many things positive even if the initial shot did not go in.

Flaws in the coaching staff were definitely revealed. Both El Salvador and Haiti were continuously attacking down the center of the field (especially El Salvador) and apart from Jan-Michael Williams gifts to El Salvador and Haiti respectively, Power and especially Mitchell were giving away the balls cheaply and as good teams do, they find your weakness and use it to their advantage, T&T on the other hand did not fix the problem. The coach, just like us, can see the game from the outside and nothing was done.

T&T plan (it seems) were to play procession football and then launch attack as they know Haiti will come hard. So they tried to pass the ball around where they would drain them a little and then turn it up when the time was right. They got tangled up in their own web- because they did not have the discipline to play this type of football.

The players were not up to it and their urgency and fitness was also a major factor. Something SH cannot  fix at this time. This is something he inherited but that is part of the parcel and as a good coach you have to work with what you have and make the best of it. Like a game of all fours, I had a 10 of chomp once and won high, low, game with it. My point; you cannot control what is in store for you- you just have to win with it or at least give it your best.

Loosing the way we lost is unacceptable. The players lost the fight before they even kicked the ball. I saw against Haiti, a long ball was pass across the field for Edwards and he was standing there waiting for it instead of running to collect the ball and get a quick shot off. These men have to show some grit and even if we lost, we fought hard. Speaking of which, Edwards cannot play on the left, asked Otto Pfister. Carlos is one of our better attacking player and must play where you can get the best off him.

In SH defence though, its only his second game and you really cannot gauge a coach on such short-term, however, it would be interesting to see what changes and style T&T implements today vs Honduras, it should reveal how tactical SH really is. I know him personally and I know he has his head on his shoulder.

Central American teams love to go down the center and especially against T&T where T&T have a height advantage. So why not structure a formation where you have a sweeper and two defensive midfielders.

I:E:

---------------------Williams--------------------
----------------------Power---------------------
Edwards------------Mitchell-----------------Cyrus
------------Birchall--------------Hyland-----------
Gonzales-------------------------------------Joevin
--------------------Boucaud-----------------------
--------------------Kenwyne---------------------

Aubrey David looked very well also, another option to tighten things up at the back.
And you have Daniel, Glen, Molino and Gay if you need more attacking options.
Mitchell is very suspect, he makes too many mistakes. Abu Bakr may not be a bad replacement if he continues.

You have to play players who want to play (IE: Boucaud), you have too. Simple as that. He was one of our better players against Estonia and Romania. Keon Daniel, though technically gifted, he day dreams too much and you have to hope the right Keon shows up.

At this point in time, the coach cannot feel obligated to players and he must made the right adjustments.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:07:15 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 03:16:28 PM »
Truth be told, I think that even St. Kitts, Grenada, or even the Belize who showed up against Costa Rica yesterday would've defeated the Soca Non-Warriors on Friday. 

There was a time in T&T football when we were attack minded.  A time when a fella would put down real beats on defenders, and find his way into the penalty box, and square the ball in front of the goal for 3-4 T&T attackers storming de penalty area.

Yeah, we may have still lost the game, but we would play DESERVING of the title 'WARRIORS'.

Now we play like pussy cats.  :-[

Just my $.02   
I'll be waiting after the game to hear allyuh waggonist change allyuh tune about how great we was after we win tonight, and how we winning the whole thing, stay tuned.

1]; } ?>