April 27, 2024, 07:41:32 AM

Author Topic: We are warriors  (Read 4247 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
We are warriors
« on: July 15, 2013, 09:31:45 PM »
That is how you play, not because we win but heart.

Congrats to SH and his team.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We are warriors
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 09:36:49 PM »
Congrats yes.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 09:38:14 PM »
 :applause:

Can't remember last time I saw performance like that from T&T, probably 2010 World Cup Qualifying.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 10:19:48 PM »
 :wavetowel: :cheers: :party: :thumbsup:

CONGRATS TO THE PLAYERS, TO SH & THE REST OF THE MANAGEMENT TEAM!!

WE ARE SOCA WARRIORS, WE ARE FIGHTERS!!

Maximus Dan - Fighter
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pPxN8BAdVVA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pPxN8BAdVVA</a>
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 11:05:59 PM »
Well done fellas :applause: :applause:

Thinking bout that ATL drive on Sat :thinking:

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 11:13:43 PM »
Yes all the way around congrats

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 01:40:13 AM »
Well done fellas :applause: :applause:

Thinking bout that ATL drive on Sat :thinking:
You drivin and i lookin to FLY wey Machel..
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well well well.......
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 04:57:53 AM »
Unbelievable, that's all i could musta up, unbelievable. SMFH. not bc we won or we are the the 2nd round for the first time in 13 yrs, but bc of sooo much positivity, when less than twelve hrs ago ppl was throwing the whole team under the mdfkn bus. flickin unbelievable.

my ppl is real results oriented ppl oui. the team played bad yet we won, ppl rejoice and say we was awesome, the team played good but we loss and ppl say the boys ain't sh!t.

ah only waiting for saturday night for the post game ramblings. stay tuned.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 05:13:32 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Well well well.......
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 05:08:31 AM »
PS: and for all who was calling for roberts to come off to make room for carlos, allyuh eh know sh!t bout the game!

allyuh only want to see attacking and pretty football when some players are on the field to support the midfield and the forwards and help keep possession.

roberts lost the ball very few times, and defended well and help maintained possession and won many balls to which one resulted in the 2nd goal, he also played some great passes for KJ and glen in the box, yet allyuh was calling for his head.

same with hyland, he started the game ah little shakey but when he settled in he defended and supported the defense and the attack like ah champion, yet ppl was calling for his subbing off.

when carlos came on for roberts he made no significant impact, and as ah matter of fact the team looked shakey and was pressed more by honduras than when roberts and glenn was on the pitch. and some of yuhs say yuhs know football.   :bs:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 05:11:13 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 08:22:14 AM »
If we lose against Mex we go be shit again, people blow with breeze.

All i want to see is passion and quality football, this is what we were missing for years.

Well done team , win lose or draw
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 08:37:35 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 08:31:34 AM »
If we lose against Mex we go be shit again, people blow with breeze.

All i want to see to passion and quality football, this is what we were missing for years.

We done team , win lose or draw

well said wat ever happen i cool
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 08:49:15 AM »
Great vibes again for socawarriors.net. Well done T&T team, coach, management and TTFA. Flex must be de happiest man on the net. T&T football got a massive shot in the arm. Massive. Anything else we achieve is jess gravy and WAY surpassed the expectations of a cynical, fed up, and if I may say, waggonist public who seem to have expected only hopelessness with the oppressive Jackulito running the ship completely down and siphoning every last penny
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:15:17 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 10:41:10 AM »
Great vibes again for socawarriors.net. Well done T&T team, coach, management and TTFA. Flex must be de happiest man on the net. T&T football got a massive shot in the arm. Massive. Anything else we achieve is jess gravy and WAY surpassed the expectations of a cynical, fed up, and if I may say, waggonist public who seem to have expected only hopelessness with the oppressive Jackulito running the ship completely down and siphoning every last penny

Boy its been a long time since we've been able to celebrate a nice win and have some good vibes  :beermug:
Hart for president

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 11:16:38 AM »
Celebrate the win -Definitely but we eh win nothing yet until we make ah final. Yuh think Mexico and USA  shooting for just making quarterfinals? We have to start setting the standard and the bar higher to win teh ultimate prize; we have to see ourselves in the same vein as the Mexicans.
Take out the im and see possibilities.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 12:02:18 PM »
Mods ah like how allyuh just merging my threads dem, and it have man making all kinda monkey threads and it stickin.

let the board nice up wid discourse nah man, that thread would catch on it's own since it provoked responses.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 12:06:40 PM »
Celebrate the win -Definitely but we eh win nothing yet until we make ah final. Yuh think Mexico and USA  shooting for just making quarterfinals? We have to start setting the standard and the bar higher to win teh ultimate prize; we have to see ourselves in the same vein as the Mexicans.
Yuhs ah lunatic or what??

this team is out the WC, didn't make a gold cup in 6 yrs, and you want them to see themselves as mexico who's not only in the hex and in the confederations cup, but they also won the olympics last summer, wah yuh drinkin mad oil or what??

sar the team is in ah rebuilding phase and we need to set reasonable goals, soo be patient and enjoy the ride, bc right now we over achieving.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 12:29:23 PM »
Yuhs ah lunatic or what??

this team is out the WC, didn't make a gold cup in 6 yrs, and you want them to see themselves as mexico who's not only in the hex and in the confederations cup, but they also won the olympics last summer, wah yuh drinkin mad oil or what??

sar the team is in ah rebuilding phase and we need to set reasonable goals, soo be patient and enjoy the ride, bc right now we over achieving.
So what yuh suggesting ? Here are the reasons for us not to rise above our potential;

1, This team out of WC
2. This team did not make Gold Cup in six years
3. Mexico played in Confederation Cup
4. Mexico won Olympics
5.We rebuilding again crap

While I do not disagree that the challenge may seem insurmountable; however if we continue to subscribe to deficit thinking and to look at limitations to what could be I don't see us moving forward. One of our impediments and trapping we have found ourselves in is this ' small island' 'minnow' mentality. Mexico does not look invincible in this tournament. This could possibly be one of the weaker Mexican team- this is not to say that they cayr put down ah lickks on we. But look at their performance against Martinique? ummmm if not for that penality we talking a 1-0 victory hardly decisive for a team of Martinique's composition , ranking and absence at any Confederation Cup or Olympic qualifier? At the end of teh day we have to strive for more than just saying we not there yet. WE HAVE TO STOP TALKING ABOUT REBUILDING AND SAY THIS IS THE TEAM WE HAVE NOW AND GO WITH  IT!!!
Ent we go rebuild again after this tournament? no team is ever in a state of being completely build- yuh always tweaking and looking for who could be the warriors that could battle  the giants. David slew Goliath !!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:36:14 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 02:48:36 PM »
AB.Trini- I agree with you about raising the bar. The good is often the enemy of the best and most of us settle for mediocrity.
 Have we forgotten that  we Trinbagonians have this feeling that we can beat the world, and we have done it with our stars- Lara- Hasely- etc. KJ needs to step up in terms of finishing. This Mexican side is beatable and as Leo said the ball is round, 11vs 11. We have to believe and play like warriors.
 It is all in the mind. If we take the half chances, I truly believe that we can go all the way to the final.
 Had Mary not believe she would not have conceived. Saul saw a giant and said- Oh God he is so big I cant win
David saw the Giant and said- O God he is so big, I cant miss. It is a mindset that is killing us slowly.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 02:53:01 PM »
Pretend we in the Hasely Crawford playing them. We always had good results against them there. Mostly
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 07:33:39 PM »
AB.Trini- I agree with you about raising the bar. The good is often the enemy of the best and most of us settle for mediocrity.
 Have we forgotten that  we Trinbagonians have this feeling that we can beat the world, and we have done it with our stars- Lara- Hasely- etc. KJ needs to step up in terms of finishing. This Mexican side is beatable and as Leo said the ball is round, 11vs 11. We have to believe and play like warriors.
 It is all in the mind. If we take the half chances, I truly believe that we can go all the way to the final.
 Had Mary not believe she would not have conceived. Saul saw a giant and said- Oh God he is so big I cant win
David saw the Giant and said- O God he is so big, I cant miss. It is a mindset that is killing us slowly.
What mediocrity you talking bout??

you acting like i tellin this dunce that we can't do better, all i'm saying to him is be realistic, we are rebuilding and may not have the cohesion to achieve that feat, nevertheless it is attainable but against some incredible odds.

the way he's talking is like we can do the business and the odds are in our favor, which IMO is extremely unrealistic, plus this kind of attitude leads to the bashing of the players when they fall short,

what he should say is, with a little luck and hard work we could close the gap in the coming yrs so that we could compete with the likes of andreas guardado, dosantos, donavon and dempsey, but right now that is ah farce!   

just yesterday ppl was callin the boys all kinda disgusting names, now today they singing their praises, @ least until they lose again.

reality check ppl, we are rebuilding so be patient. just thank God we're finally moving forward, and for the first time in 10 yrs the future looks bright.                              keep it realistic ppl.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:37:36 PM by just cool »

1]; } ?>