March 28, 2024, 06:29:43 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (20-Jul-2013).  (Read 67495 times)

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (20-Jul-2013).
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2013, 07:46:58 AM »
warriors warriors warriors....
He Is Highly

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2013, 08:04:12 AM »
The Dome is home to the Georgia State Panthers?? That should be Bulldogs, right?

The Falcons does play in the Dome
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2013, 10:28:34 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uWMcOXS28UA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uWMcOXS28UA</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2013, 11:50:41 AM »
Coache in de Dome tomorrow..I will be watching allyuh I want see if I could figure out who  some of de forumites are..I know Just Cool wouldn't be there..I glad fuh dat because I would have to walk wid bodyguards if he comin..
I will be there..observing de whole scene..dat place would be pack wid Mexican..

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2013, 12:12:51 PM »
Coache in de Dome tomorrow..I will be watching allyuh I want see if I could figure out who  some of de forumites are..I know Just Cool wouldn't be there..I glad fuh dat because I would have to walk wid bodyguards if he comin..
I will be there..observing de whole scene..dat place would be pack wid Mexican..
u should be very at home then
I pity the fool....

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2013, 12:22:17 PM »
The Dome is home to the Georgia State Panthers?? That should be Bulldogs, right?

The Falcons does play in the Dome

Georgia State University (one of my alma maters) fledgling gridiron program is play in the dome. i think they trying to get money via student fees to build a stadium.

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12700&SPID=5671&SPSID=53628

Offline fredej

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2013, 02:08:11 PM »
i just want my team to show good shape and fight. i backing them win loose or draw. and i like the developments the ttfa making regular friendlies i now see we have 1 on the 6th of sept i like d effort being showed to take our football forward........not sure bout sudia arabi doh  ??? but 1 is better than nun  ;D

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2013, 02:57:28 PM »
T&T have to watch Chaton, Cortés, Fabian, Jimenez, and Layun.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2013, 03:24:42 PM »
Buzzing for tomorrow

Good luck to the staff and players... all we want to see is Effort and everyone walking off the field knowing they couldnt give anything more.... Having said that , If we collectively give everything we will walk off that field as winners and into the semi finals

I BELIEVE... but it isnt me wearing the shirt tomorrow...  Dig Deep lads

I would like to see Birchall in for Hyland...I think it is time to unleash the hungry..Boucaud is quality and with both of them being quite mobile and energetic I think we will need both to track any Mexican attacking mids who can move the ball quickly in our 3rd...

I dont think Bleeder has the legs for that job

I would bring back in Power... Abu Bakr to me is shakey and covering ground is not his strong point..

Jan
J.Jones
Mitchell
Power
Cyrus
Daniel
Birchall
Boucaud
Carlos
Glen
Jones

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2013, 04:28:48 PM »
That picture speaks volumes
Every time I see it,I have to say Warriors are marching on
Just tske care if business
Forward forever backwards never

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2013, 04:30:12 PM »
Joy is the word
My heart fells happy

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2013, 05:34:46 PM »
Buzzing for tomorrow

Good luck to the staff and players... all we want to see is Effort and everyone walking off the field knowing they couldnt give anything more.... Having said that , If we collectively give everything we will walk off that field as winners and into the semi finals

I would like to see Birchall in for Hyland...I think it is time to unleash the hungry..Boucaud is quality and with both of them being quite mobile and energetic I think we will need both to track any Mexican attacking mids who can move the ball quickly in our 3rd...

I would bring back in Power... Abu Bakr to me is shakey and covering ground is not his strong point..

Jan
J.Jones
Mitchell
Power
Cyrus
Daniel
Birchall
Boucaud
Carlos
Glen
Jones

Boss, you reading my mind. You believe there are some people who think Roberts would be more effective than Edwards. Really? What dem smokin?
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2013, 06:14:26 PM »
Buzzing for tomorrow

Jan
J.Jones
Mitchell
Power
Cyrus
Daniel
Birchall
Boucaud
Carlos
Glen
Jones

Boss, you reading my mind. You believe there are some people who think Roberts would be more effective than Edwards. Really? What dem smokin?
Why would they put edwards on the right wing when molino is out due to suspension and jovin jones needs ah speedy partner on the wing to help with the defensive duties?

why would the coach play carlos on the right wing when he used roberts in a do or die game and he performed well, why would he revert to another winger when the initial winger came through? ah guess you know more football than stephen hart, leo beenhakker and hutson charles combined?

another mad notion was that 442 formation you second!  you expect to play speedy mexico with only four midfielders??  you didn't even suggest it in case the game goes past the full 90+, but to start the game with an attacking formation is absurd! but what do i know, i'm getting high on cow shit covered ganja, remember.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:45:17 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2013, 06:21:38 PM »
Buzzing for tomorrow

Jan
J.Jones
Mitchell
Power
Cyrus
Daniel
Birchall
Boucaud
Carlos
Glen
Jones

Best side! Jus Cool talking tata as usual. Roberts can't compare to Carlos... Period.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2013, 06:23:56 PM »
Buzzing for tomorrow

Jan
J.Jones
Mitchell
Power
Cyrus
Daniel
Birchall
Boucaud
Carlos
Glen
Jones

Best side! Jus Cool talking tata as usual. Roberts can't compare to Carlos... Period.
Elaborate oh great guru.  :notworthy:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2013, 06:32:10 PM »
Buzzing for tomorrow

Jan
J.Jones
Mitchell
Power
Cyrus
Daniel
Birchall
Boucaud
Carlos
Glen
Jones

1. I never see darryl make a descent cross yet. Carlos does that in his sleep. Service! Just what we need for one of KJ's headers.
2. Individual skill. Roberts cah tun up anybody when in a difficult spot. We need a creator like Edwards.
3. Darryl's finishing has been atrocious in every game so far, painful to watch.
I'm not a guru but I'm also not blind...

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2013, 06:55:15 PM »
Buzzing for tomorrow

Jan
J.Jones
Mitchell
Power
Cyrus
Daniel
Birchall
Boucaud
Carlos
Glen
Jones

Why would they put edwards on the right wing when molino is out due to suspension and jovin jones needs ah speedy partner on the wing to help with the defensive duties?

why would the coach play carlos on the right wing when he used roberts in a do or die game and he performed well, why would he revert to another winger when the initial winger came through? ah guess you know more football than stephen hart, leo beenhakker and hutson charles combined?

another mad notion was that 442 formation you second!  you expect to play speedy mexico with only four midfielders??  you didn't even suggest it in case the game goes past the full 90+, but to start the game with an attacking formation is absurd! but i what do i know, i'm getting high on cow shit covered ganja, remember.

I fully expect him to go with Roberts on the right and Carlos on the left...

Roberts is more tactically disciplined vs Daniel.... but Daniel is also a big man and you can have a word with him on his responsibilities for tomorrow..and I much prefer him on the ball to Roberts... not to mention set piece delivery etc which is our biggest weapon vs Mexico

Also I've gone 4-4-2 but a very compact 4-4-2 so Kenwyne and Glenn as the outlets to relieve our midfielders and defenders and give them time to regroup while giving Mexico's defenders a tough task keeping both KJ and Glen quiet... both are a handful and bring different things... keep them on their toes

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2013, 07:11:45 PM »
Buzzing for tomorrow

Jan
J.Jones
Mitchell
Power
Cyrus
Daniel
Birchall
Boucaud
Carlos
Glen
Jones

1. I never see darryl make a descent cross yet. Carlos does that in his sleep. Service! Just what we need for one of KJ's headers.
2. Individual skill. Roberts cah tun up anybody when in a difficult spot. We need a creator like Edwards.
3. Darryl's finishing has been atrocious in every game so far, painful to watch.
I'm not a guru but I'm also not blind...

(1) i guess you didn't watch the last game or the game before, and ah guess you just start watching carlos. show me one cross that carlos put in over the yrs as a winger for the warriors that resulted in a goal, just fackin one!! bring his stats! im waiting.   :waiting:

and there are other aspects to being a winger than crossing the ball willy nilly. a winger also put ground passes in the box and roberts has done loads of that, but since no goals was scored bc of it then it doesn't count in the eyes of the instant gratificationalist dem.

for all the yrs carlos was with sunderland he never assist on a cross ball to kenwyne or anyone else for that matter, that's why jordan henderson took his place on the right wing. service my balls! 

(2)Edwards a creator, don't make me laugh my guts out.   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  and all this talk bout turning up players, the point of being a winger is to create chances, look @ evans wise and tinto, they have moves to lend ronaldo, but their assist rate is atrocious. roberts is not ah right winger but rather an attacking mid and an all out striker.

if you ask me, i don't even like him there, but he does not only play on the flanks all the time, sometimes he come in the middle to pair up with KJ, that's why he got those two shots on goal vs vs haiti, but if you were watching the game from a tactical stand point you would see that.

(3) and kenwynes was delightful wasn't he? im sure if roberts had three of the four chances KJ blew he would have @ least converted one. to show how fickle you guys are, had we lost that game on monday no one would ever want to see KJ back in the national colors, the same way allyuh was dogging him before the gold cup.

don't get me wrong, i like carlos, but in the center of midfield, or on the left flank, bc he helps out the weaker side in defense and he puts in less meaningless crosses, and makes more meaningful passes on the ground level that stands a better chances of getting inthe back of the net and not being intercepted and headed away.  but i'm just a football dunce, what do i know.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:52:27 AM by just cool »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2013, 07:20:03 PM »
Carlos makes good crosses it terms of technique. But he can't hit the broad side of a barn. That's how inaccurate most of his air crosses are. Does all the work to get into position but gives a bad cross most of time. Unless he plays it on the ground.

Jones needs to convert his chances. Van Persie or Hernandez would of buried those one on one chances with the keeper.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 07:22:43 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2013, 07:30:37 PM »
To me we are yet to see the best of both players, what we know they can do and have done in the past. They have both had flashes but not the consistently high performance we have come to expect of both of them. Roberts has been robbed some national team duty under past coaches whereas we have of course seen Carlos in all of his glory. 

To me Hart is still experimenting some and quite frankly he has to. He has primarily used Carlos on the left and Roberts on the right but the former replaced the latter on the right vs Hon: so we'll see tomorrow.

Part of me thinks he'll play a 4-4-1-1 with KD in the pocket and Carlos and Roberts where has primarily used them. The wild card is the two HMs/DMs, BoubBou is one for sure, just hope the other is Crisse
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2013, 08:52:48 PM »
Man on fox say we go beat Mex yes. I hope he right
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2013, 09:01:13 PM »
Damn! Refs for T&T vs Mexico:
Referee:  Joel Aguilar (SLV)
AR:  Juan Francisco Zumba (SLV)
AR: Octavio Jara (CRC)
Fourth: Walter Quesada (CRC)
Fifth: Christian Ramirez (HON)
Assessor: Donald Wilbur (USA)

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2013, 09:11:29 PM »
I actually agree with JC.  Carlos is not an accurate crosser of the ball.  If he was, he'd still be in the Premiership.  He has good speed, good technical ability but crosses are very inconsistent. 

For those who don't think Darryl Roberts is starting, allyuh smoking something.  I can see Carlos on the left and Darryl Roberts on the right.  I cannot see Keon Daniel starting.  That Keon Daniel kid is an enigma. Other than that, I personally prefer Seon Power to Abu Bakr as well, but hey, what do I know.

I'll be in the dome myself, for the first time in my 16 years in the ATL, trini in the Dome...not missing it!!
Arimian to meh heart

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2013, 09:12:32 PM »
Damn! Refs for T&T vs Mexico:
Referee:  Joel Aguilar (SLV)
AR:  Juan Francisco Zumba (SLV)
AR: Octavio Jara (CRC)
Fourth: Walter Quesada (CRC)
Fifth: Christian Ramirez (HON)
Assessor: Donald Wilbur (USA)

Why is that so bad. If there is any bias wouldn't SLV want the perceived weakest team to reach a potential final with them? Thus far Aguilar has centered for the Mexico/Canada match. Who would you rather have, Campbell or Wijngaarde?

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2013, 11:30:39 PM »
wHATEVER THEM MEN DOING KEEP IT UP TRINIS FIRED UP EVERYWHERE HERE IN MARYLAND AND I GETTING PLENTY QUESTIONS FROM SOME OF MY SPANISH COLLEAGUES

IT IS GOING TO BE A VERY VERY TOUGH GAME MAKE NO BONES ABOUT IT, BUT I FEEL WE CAN SHACKLE THEM LIKE WE DID TO SWEDEN

GO WARRIORS. GIVE THEM A FIGHT LIKE THEY NEVER SEE

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2013, 11:32:00 PM »
MAXIMUS DAN BETTER DUST OFF THE RECORD AND GIVE WE A REMIX OR DROP SOMETHING NEW

Offline chinaman10

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2013, 11:54:05 PM »
We need to make full use of Kenwyne's height advantage in this game. English  football style...down de line, cross, head, goal.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2013, 12:56:50 AM »
Although we need to manage our expectations against Mexico, on ANY given day any team can beat any team.  Not too long ago Haiti, the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, was able to draw 2-2 with Italy, and lose 2-1 to mighty Spain.  Albeit those were warm-up friendlies for Spain and Italy, but still...they did not soundly defeat Haiti, regardless of how much people out there would like to discount Haiti's mini-accomplishment earning those results. 

Again...on any given day, any team can beat any team,  And the fact of the matter is that there is really nothing inherently special about the USA, Mexico or any of these other 'elite' teams in CONCACAF that dictate to us that we cannot beat them.

All those countries have the same exact number of World Cup titles as T&T --- Zero.  For all the talk out there by the so-called experts, the fact remains is that thee is absolutely nothing special about Mexico, except in our own inferiority complex in our heads at times when playing against them.  That has always been my opinion on this subject, no matter how many times we've lost.       
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2013, 01:26:26 AM »
I see forumites building a team for Today's game while Hart seem to be Innovative, so where does Kevan George fit in? no one mentioned this guy.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2013, 02:07:29 AM »
 I hope something good just waiting to happen for TT football,we could go from the "ridiculous to the sublime" with a win.

1]; } ?>