March 28, 2024, 06:12:18 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (20-Jul-2013).  (Read 67516 times)

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (20-Jul-2013).
« Reply #150 on: July 20, 2013, 02:12:30 AM »
I hope something good just waiting to happen for TT football,we could go from the "ridiculous to the sublime" with a win.

True talk, frico
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 20, 2013, 02:43:14 AM »
If i was ah gambling man i would be putting a chunk on the former. those are great odds.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #152 on: July 20, 2013, 02:49:34 AM »
look like men anxious on here boi.. they going round clock on this site
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 20, 2013, 02:54:43 AM »
look like men anxious on here boi.. they going round clock on this site
No sar, i just came in from doing ah gig, and i off to bed, just wanted to touch base and check ah couple Emails. i'm out till mananna. see yuhs later on the grid, God willing.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 20, 2013, 05:10:52 AM »
Game day!!!  Bring it on Mexico!!!!

:bringiton: :bringiton: :challenge: :challenge: :duel: :duel: :duel: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :whip: :whip: :bringiton: :challenge: :duel: :flamethrower:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #155 on: July 20, 2013, 06:37:24 AM »
Please Note;

The last time Marco Fabian played against a T&T team he scored a hat trick and that would be against Angus Eve Olympic team in Los Angles last year when Mexico beat us 7-1.

Furthermore, the last time both teams met at this level, Mexico won 4-0 and that was in 2000. Nakhid, Yorke, Latapy, Dwarika, Wise, King, Eve and Rougier was all there.

The Gold Cup before that (1998) they won 4-2. This game, where Yorke miss the penalty.

http://vimeo.com/channels/socawarriors/30621916

So we need to play a smart game and beware of Mexico.

I dont believe in past results, but we need to give them the respect.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 07:16:24 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 20, 2013, 07:56:41 AM »
Buzzing for tomorrow

Good luck to the staff and players... all we want to see is Effort and everyone walking off the field knowing they couldnt give anything more.... Having said that , If we collectively give everything we will walk off that field as winners and into the semi finals

I BELIEVE... but it isnt me wearing the shirt tomorrow...  Dig Deep lads

I would like to see Birchall in for Hyland...I think it is time to unleash the hungry..Boucaud is quality and with both of them being quite mobile and energetic I think we will need both to track any Mexican attacking mids who can move the ball quickly in our 3rd...

I dont think Bleeder has the legs for that job

I would bring back in Power... Abu Bakr to me is shakey and covering ground is not his strong point..

Jan
J.Jones
Mitchell
Power
Cyrus
Daniel
Birchall
Boucaud
Carlos
Glen
Jones

Boss, you reading my mind. You believe there are some people who think Roberts would be more effective than Edwards. Really? What dem smokin?
Why would they put edwards on the right wing when molino is out due to suspension and jovin jones needs ah speedy partner on the wing to help with the defensive duties?

why would the coach play carlos on the right wing when he used roberts in a do or die game and he performed well, why would he revert to another winger when the initial winger came through? ah guess you know more football than stephen hart, leo beenhakker and hutson charles combined?

another mad notion was that 442 formation you second!  you expect to play speedy mexico with only four midfielders??  you didn't even suggest it in case the game goes past the full 90+, but to start the game with an attacking formation is absurd! but what do i know, i'm getting high on cow shit covered ganja, remember.
Like you and Roberts went to school together or something ah what? Why does every idea with him NOT involved is ah problem? We can't sit back against Mexico and use one of our best attacking options at the back defending. We have enough defenders. Carlos should be utilized more as an attacking force. Our strength is in the air, and if he plays that right midfield role, not only will it throw the Mexicans off guard but he could provide the balls needed for Jones and Glenn. The goal is to strike fast and hard. Not put Carlos in the back and hope the defense hold up.
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 20, 2013, 07:58:57 AM »
Buzzing for tomorrow

Good luck to the staff and players... all we want to see is Effort and everyone walking off the field knowing they couldnt give anything more.... Having said that , If we collectively give everything we will walk off that field as winners and into the semi finals

I BELIEVE... but it isnt me wearing the shirt tomorrow...  Dig Deep lads

I would like to see Birchall in for Hyland...I think it is time to unleash the hungry..Boucaud is quality and with both of them being quite mobile and energetic I think we will need both to track any Mexican attacking mids who can move the ball quickly in our 3rd...

I dont think Bleeder has the legs for that job

I would bring back in Power... Abu Bakr to me is shakey and covering ground is not his strong point..

Jan
J.Jones
Mitchell
Power
Cyrus
Daniel
Birchall
Boucaud
Carlos
Glen
Jones

Best side! Jus Cool talking tata as usual. Roberts can't compare to Carlos... Period.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: True Talk
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 20, 2013, 09:00:00 AM »
When others count you out, it is important that you do not! Good Luck Soca Warriors and here's an old kaiso tune (I went off the beaten path for this one):
 http://youtu.be/UAXiO5Gjnm4 Mastero - Gold
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 20, 2013, 09:32:53 AM »
Allright fellas...and whatever FAMILY we have around... ;D

Is time for ah little Yard Fowl Crew...

Come on Fellas

Time tuh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnLzX9VdDrg&list=PLD50062123C7B8199

Dan it up!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 09:34:32 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 20, 2013, 10:35:39 AM »
why we arguing over Roberts and Edwards...dey cud both start- Molino out, Glen startin...we need ah major spark off d bench...big substitute game fuh Skilla today

JC ah rate yuh opinions but Carlos did cross fuh Latas left foot volley vs usa
He Is Highly

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2013, 10:55:06 AM »
Looking like rain in dey tail today.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2013, 10:57:26 AM »
Rain snow hail. The game playing in a dome
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2013, 11:28:17 AM »
At the Georgia Dome : Warriors train on eve of Mexico clash
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JFb8OXgtsd8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JFb8OXgtsd8</a>
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2013, 11:37:59 AM »
Jamal Gay grateful for Gold Cup times
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iZLZqsFsigg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iZLZqsFsigg</a>
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 20, 2013, 11:43:32 AM »
Mexico vs Trinidad & Tobago Preview
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BRn5Z8QpJ9U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BRn5Z8QpJ9U</a>

Mexico vs Trinidad & Tobago Preview in Spanish
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0EHHFNh9kus" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0EHHFNh9kus</a>
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:46:58 AM by Socapro »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2013, 11:59:12 AM »
Warriors go after Mexico in Gold Cup quarter-final clash.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago will be hoping to send some shockwaves through the Concacaf region when they face Mexico in the second match of a double header as the first set of Gold Cup quarter-final matches take centrestage at the Georgia Dome, Atlanta on Saturday.

T&T takes on the six-time Gold Cup champions at 6:30pm with Panama facing Caribbean Cup champions Cuba from 3:30pm.  For T&T, at stake is a place in the semi-finals  against the winner of the Cuba/Panama match at the Cowboys Stadium, Texas next Wednesday. Click for more training photos

The last and only time T&T progressed to the Semi-finals was in 2000 after they stopped Costa Rica on a golden-goal extra time winner by the late Mickey Trotman before bowing out 1-0 to Canada in the ‘semis’. That team included the likes Dwight Yorke, Angus Eve, David Nakhid, Marvin Andrews, Russell Latapy, Jerren Nixon and other prominent names. The campaign that year also started off with a 4-0 hammering from Mexico.

The Mexicans, after losing to Panama in their opening match of this tournament, are fielding several young players but head coach Jose Manuel De La Torre is expecting his team to demonstrate their class and go all the way for a seventh title.

“We have come here to defend our title and we will play for this in every game.  We do not expect it to be easy but our ambitions are always the same. And that is to win the tournament. Our feelings about the game against Trinidad and Tobago will be no different,” he said.

“We have to keep working to find the answer to win the Gold Cup,” de la Torre added  “So, pressure or no pressure, that’s the way it is. That’s the way it is with the Mexican national team. You have to understand that and know that.”

In the Mexico line up is Chivas striker Marco Fabian who netted a hattrick in the 7-1 win over T&T in the Olympic qualifier in Los Angeles last year. Mexico central defensive partnership of Joel Huiqui and Juan Carlos Valenzuela have been together for the previous games and T&T’s attacking line will hope to exploit that.  T&T will not doubt have to keep close eyes on Mexico’s full backs Miguel Layon and Adrian Aldrete. Chivas striker Rafa Marquez Lugo has not been particularly threatening in the tournament so far

“Regardless of their position and what people may say about them, Mexico is Mexico and we have to prepare well for them and be on top of our game in order to get the result we desire,” head coach Stephen Hart told TTFA Media.

“At these tournaments teams come into their own the longer the tournament goes on and just like we’ve done better by the time the Honduras game came along, the same may apply to our opponents. It’s  match where both teams will surely being going at each other because a place in the semi-finals is at stake.”

Jones: We’ll play our game

Trinidad and Tobago forward Kenwyne Jones does not believe that the “Soca Warriors” style of play and approach for Saturday’s Concacaf Gold Cup qualifier against Mexico should depend on the fact that they are facing the regional powerhouse.

Jones, speaking to a barrage of Mexican TV crews today, was asked whether he thought T&T would be under too much pressure from the Mexicans.

“I don’t believe we have to think about whether they are number one or not. We know for a fact that they are a good footballing nation and perhaps they may be the favourites for the match but I’ve played against them several times before and I think we’ve had some pretty good results” Jones said.

“At the same time we know what our approach has to be but we will not let the hype surrounding the game affect that. We’ve been preparing for our past opponents and we’ll do just the same for the Mexicans.

“I know the country is expecting us to give a good showing and we are hoping to just that on the day. We’ll see just how far our efforts can take us,” said the Stoke City forward.

Philadelphia Union midfielder Keon Daniel, who sat on the bench during the 2-0 win over Houston, echoed similar sentiments to Jones.

“I think we have to worry about our style of play and our game. We just have to face up to whatever Mexico brings on the day. I know we’re looking forward to it and we know the country and the fans back home are also a bit excited. But we will not get carried away by what we’ve done here so far. The result of a game is determined on the day itself,” Daniel said.

Both teams were scheduled to train at the Georgia Dome on Friday evening. The two teams also used the Emory University ground for their sessions previously. A grass surface was laid down on the turf pitch at the Dome this week specifically for Saturday’s match.

Meantime, Former T&T striker Jerren Nixon, who now lives in Atlanta, visited the training session on Thursday and wished the team well in Saturday’s game which he will also attend. TTFA President Raymond Tim Kee and General Secretary Sheldon Phillips also returned to the US on Friday night and will attend Saturday’s match.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2013, 02:31:06 PM »
Did not know Nixon lives in Atl, pass on de vibes Nixy!
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 20, 2013, 02:50:31 PM »
Good luck T&T give it your all :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2013, 03:07:06 PM »
tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt

play de facking fitball

send me to my gig in the Oval in a great mood

actually.. I good....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 20, 2013, 03:15:43 PM »
Links anyone??!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 20, 2013, 03:15:57 PM »
why we arguing over Roberts and Edwards...dey cud both start- Molino out, Glen startin...we need ah major spark off d bench...big substitute game fuh Skilla today

JC ah rate yuh opinions but Carlos did cross fuh Latas left foot volley vs usa
I was challenging this bredder who said that carlos was an assist machine.

for all the yrs i watchin carlos which is a lot, i never saw a cross that lead to a goal, i'm not saying that there was none, that would be silly of me to say, but look how far back you have to go. 

my point was, if carlos sooo good, then show me the goal fax. ;D

one of carlos weakest areas for me of putting in crosses which always goes awry, he has to be the kind of winger like pennant, putting balls on the strikers feet.

TBH i like carlos in the center of midfield, once he played there under latas tenure and the boy was ah revelation. he didn't put a foot wrong, that's where carlos belongs ultimately.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 03:17:44 PM by just cool »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Please post any useful links you have to view the T&T vs. Mexico Gold Cup Quarter Final to this thread many thanks.

Mods you can merge this thread with the official T&T vs. Mexico game thread after the game as that thread is currently too long to find all the links unless they are all placed within the first post of that thread.

Here is one I have found but the commentary is in Spanish!

http://www.day.to/watch/live/streaming/online/free/en-vivo/m3/2/july-20-2013/mexico-vs-trinidad-and-tobago-gold-cup.html
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 03:48:44 PM by Socapro »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 20, 2013, 03:22:12 PM »
Starting Line ups announced

Trinidad and Tobago Starting Team for today's Concacaf Gold Cup quarter final encounter with Mexico is
Jan Michael Williams, Seon Power, Daneil Cyrus, Aubrey David, Radanfah Abu Bakr, Andre Boucaud, Keon Daniel, Carlos Edwards, Darryl Roberts, Cornell Glen and Kenwyne Jones.

Subs - Marvin Phillips, Cleon John, Kevon Carter, Jamal Gay, Chris Birchall, Densill Theobald, Curtis Gonzalves Kevan George, Joevin Jones (hamstring).

Injured out - Carlyle Mitchell (ligament), Justin Hoyte (ligament), Kevin Molino (suspended)
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #174 on: July 20, 2013, 03:27:06 PM »
Argh! Mitchell out?

Offline Spoony

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 20, 2013, 03:29:58 PM »
All the best of luck to T&T today, with blessings from the UK xxx

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 20, 2013, 03:31:34 PM »
Ah call de side, 4-4-1-1
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wiziwig as usual, should have multiple streams listed as Mexico playing. Check link about 10-15 mins before kickoff.

(1) http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=209884&part=sports

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 20, 2013, 03:35:08 PM »
Trying to figure out the tactics.

Brave move to play two strikers to me, two midfielders with one of them being Daniel. Honestly thought the technical staff would have played Theobald, Daniel and Boucaud to consolidate possession.

Based on the line up it looks like a more direct play with the ability of Jones to find either Glen or the wingers running the channels.

We'll see, let's go T&T vibes it up.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #179 on: July 20, 2013, 03:35:49 PM »
Are you ready?
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

1]; } ?>