March 28, 2024, 03:59:54 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (20-Jul-2013).  (Read 67489 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (20-Jul-2013).
« Reply #480 on: July 20, 2013, 06:45:09 PM »
We was playing to good ,Stephen just didnt want to f**k up the flow and goat mouth the team .

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 20, 2013, 06:45:41 PM »
As I've said before, we did have a HUGE victory this that will impact our football for possibly generations to come --- we STAKED de insidious Count Jackula.  That in itself is like winning a World Cup. 

Heads held high! Future onward and forward.   :beermug:

The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 20, 2013, 06:46:27 PM »
Good going...finally a coach see what I seeing so long and bench Theobald. Never understood his presence on the team. Got to appreciate Cyrus, Molino, Joevin Jones, still not sure about Hyland, and Power just too uncomposed. 

Bye Bye Carlos thanks for the memories. Compared to how this team was playing a few months ago I'm satisfied. Good showing fellas. Cyar say good job TTFA just yet though, jury still out on them, but OK restart.

Aight things improving..
Two islands are better than one.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 20, 2013, 06:46:42 PM »
Thanks for the effort Warriors

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 20, 2013, 06:48:16 PM »
We needed Corn Curls!

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 20, 2013, 06:48:50 PM »
the commentators was talking real tata though........ how carlos more comfortable on his left foot and birchal is great at dribbling and and making the passes

aye wen dey said dat i was like huh but den ah realise is americans we dealing with lol
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 20, 2013, 06:48:58 PM »
we give dem a good scare...and for that we can be proud
Proud of a scare. Why are we always satisfied with such mediocrity! We could've won this game. We should have one this game. The players did well but scare my foot!!

Man people need to relax...
The warriors play good!
That's why our football will never go to the next level, as long as we keep this just relax attitude. We satisfied with a good fight, a nice play and a one nil loss to Mexico. We seem to forget that the point of the whole matter is to win the tournament. Manchester City made the final of the F.A. Cup, finished second in the premier league and competed in the champions league last season. Good enough you might say. Guess what, Mancini still got fired. We accept too little for the enormous amount of talent we have. We'll never win the any tournament with that just relax nonsense.

Soldier. ..you is follow Trinidad football or yuh hop in ah gold cup wagggon.    You eh realise we was playing ah hot and hope brand post 2006....this is jess ah lil glimmer of hope breddah...relax...baby steps...creep before we walk...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 20, 2013, 06:50:50 PM »
Proud of a scare. Why are we always satisfied with such mediocrity! We could've won this game. We should have one this game. The players did well but scare my foot!!

mexico desreved the win....hush yuh tail, it was a good effort although i felt abu bakr should have done better with marking jimenez.

we are rebuilding, it has nothing to do with satisfaction with mediocrity.
Mexico deserved to win? ARE YOU SERIOUS!  Deserve you say...like they play some world class football! You hush your tail!! That Mexican coach almost get a heart attack cause if he lost, he would be out of a job. T&T deserve to win cause Mexico has the better team, the better coach and 99% of the fans in the stadium were backing Mexico. Boy go and sleep eh.
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 20, 2013, 06:52:02 PM »

The warriors play good!
That's why our football will never go to the next level, as long as we keep this just relax attitude. We satisfied with a good fight, a nice play and a one nil loss to Mexico. We seem to forget that the point of the whole matter is to win the tournament. Manchester City made the final of the F.A. Cup, finished second in the premier league and competed in the champions league last season. Good enough you might say. Guess what, Mancini still got fired. We accept too little for the enormous amount of talent we have. We'll never win the any tournament with that just relax nonsense.

Good call there Milky ; I also think that we are a society that rewards mediocrity and, as a result, never really aspire to excellence, but given the abysmal performances of this team in the recent past, celebrating a fighting loss to the current champions  is understandable.....what's important is that we see this as a mile post along the journey rather than the destination.

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 20, 2013, 06:52:54 PM »

Baby steps- we get to see who needs tuh get off the bus, and where there is space to fill.
You right. I'm just saying we shouldn't be drinking champagne like we win the tournament. Applause will suffice.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 20, 2013, 06:52:57 PM »
Good going...finally a coach see what I seeing so long and bench Theobald. Never understood his presence on the team. Got to appreciate Cyrus, Molino, Joevin Jones, still not sure about Hyland, and Power just too uncomposed. 

Bye Bye Carlos thanks for the memories. Compared to how this team was playing a few months ago I'm satisfied. Good showing fellas. Cyar say good job TTFA just yet though, jury still out on them, but OK restart.

Aight things improving..

:whistling:  :-X

I eh want to say too much.....ah fellow forumite goh vex with mih.....Kiffy, how yuh going??  ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 20, 2013, 06:53:27 PM »

mexico desreved the win....hush yuh tail, it was a good effort although i felt abu bakr should have done better with marking jimenez.

Mexico deserved to win? ARE YOU SERIOUS!  Deserve you say...like they play some world class football! You hush your tail!! That Mexican coach almost get a heart attack cause if he lost, he would be out of a job. T&T deserve to win cause Mexico has the better team, the better coach and 99% of the fans in the stadium were backing Mexico. Boy go and sleep eh.

U ha to be ah waggonist caw no way you been following T&T football even within the last 12 months much less since 06

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 20, 2013, 06:53:45 PM »
Warriors you just won ...another fan.... :devil:t

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #493 on: July 20, 2013, 06:53:52 PM »

they played better than us...where did i say they play world class...they had about 25 shots including 12 on target compared to 12 total shots we had...yuh is ah cyat or what? can u read engligh?  have u followed trinidad football between 2006 and now?

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 20, 2013, 06:54:01 PM »

The warriors play good!

Good call there Milky ; I also think that we are a society that rewards mediocrity and, as a result, never really aspire to excellence, but given the abysmal performances of this team in the recent past, celebrating a fighting loss to the current champions  is understandable.....what's important is that we see this as a mile post along the journey rather than the destination.
Well said bro, well said

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: July 20, 2013, 06:54:47 PM »

The warriors play good!

Milky, you're pretty 'new' here so you don't realize that everybody already done know that...these guys on here been saying the same thing for mad years now.  No one here believes in mediocrity. But by the same token, you have to sit back and be realistic with the hand we were dealth coming in to the tournament.  Corruption...theft...controversy...lack of direction...just hired a new coach 3 weeks ago...and all kinda drama. 

The team right now is in a RE-BUILDING mode.  This is a Soca Warrior team that most people thought wouldn't even make it out of the first rounds, farless compete with the likes of Mexico. 

Can we win tournaments and beat anyone on the planet --- I believe 'YES we can", and I'm betting that almost EVERYONE on this site believes the same thing.  Do I believe that we can do those great things 'today' (this early in the re-building process)? Truthfully the answer is we're not quite ready yet, but we have the great foundation to build upon. 

So yeah, Fari is quite right.  Everyone wants to win, but most of the 'veterans' here understand what's at stake, and what it'll take to get us where we need to be to become those 'world-beaters'.  So for now...cool yuh herbs.    :beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #496 on: July 20, 2013, 06:54:53 PM »

Baby steps- we get to see who needs tuh get off the bus, and where there is space to fill.
You right. I'm just saying we shouldn't be drinking champagne like we win the tournament. Applause will suffice.

anybody talk about drinking champagne?  people just said good effort compared to what we accustom to in the past 7 years.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 20, 2013, 06:55:49 PM »

The warriors play good!

did you just compare man city(ah billionaire club with some of the highest paid players in the epl n world) to T&T side...? bedrin put down what yuh puffin eh

and another thing dey lost tuh ah relegated side
all dat is necessary is necessary

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 20, 2013, 06:56:07 PM »

they played better than us...where did i say they play world class...they had about 25 shots including 12 on target compared to 12 total shots we had...yuh is ah cyat or what? can u read engligh?  have u followed trinidad football between 2006 and now?

u eh even ha to ax dat dan

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 20, 2013, 06:56:26 PM »
Returning champions Mexico is a good team won't be surprise if they win it all. Though am rooting for anyone besides Mexico and USA to win it need a change.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 20, 2013, 07:00:06 PM »
Returning champions Mexico is a good team won't be surprise if they win it all. Though am rooting for anyone besides Mexico and USA to win it need a change.

Nah, my money is on Panama. This Mexico team doesn't seem entirely convincing ...but who knows..

Offline jingleheimer_Schmidt

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 20, 2013, 07:00:11 PM »

The warriors play good!

It's not a "just relax" mentality at all, the warriors have been poor for quite some time...and i seri0ously think that YOU need to relax tbh...
it wasnt like we were coming into this tournament with any side being wary of us...
We just get we tail cut in europe by mediocre-ish teams from europe and to see the guys come out and fight hard, i was proud! Kenwyne jones led from the front as captain IMO, although he miss a few chances, he kept encouraging the guys to keep it up.

I'm proud!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 20, 2013, 07:01:33 PM »
Tactically disciplined display by the Warriors.  We have to take this development under Hart in stages:  restore tactical discipline and physical conditioning, maintain possession of the ball to allow us to play on the counter, depending on the opponent, and gradually learn to assert ourselves in the game.  Curious to see what Hart will do from here.  The player pool definitely has to deepen, as we need to be able to rotate  players during tournaments like these.  Lots of positives to take away from this Gold Cup.

Good post Tenors, could finally see some light at the end of that abysmal precipice into which we were plunged post 06. Let's continue re-building, one step at a time :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #503 on: July 20, 2013, 07:02:45 PM »

Nah, my money is on Panama. This Mexico team doesn't seem entirely convincing ...but who knows..

that mexico b team real shaky, i agree that panama could win that game

Offline jingleheimer_Schmidt

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 20, 2013, 07:02:59 PM »

The warriors play good!

Milky, you're pretty 'new' here so you don't realize that everybody already done know that...these guys on here been saying the same thing for mad years now.  No one here believes in mediocrity. But by the same token, you have to sit back and be realistic with the hand we were dealth coming in to the tournament.  Corruption...theft...controversy...lack of direction...just hired a new coach 3 weeks ago...and all kinda drama. 

The team right now is in a RE-BUILDING mode.  This is a Soca Warrior team that most people thought wouldn't even make it out of the first rounds, farless compete with the likes of Mexico. 

Can we win tournaments and beat anyone on the planet --- I believe 'YES we can", and I'm betting that almost EVERYONE on this site believes the same thing.  Do I believe that we can do those great things 'today' (this early in the re-building process)? Truthfully the answer is we're not quite ready yet, but we have the great foundation to build upon. 

So yeah, Fari is quite right.  Everyone wants to win, but most of the 'veterans' here understand what's at stake, and what it'll take to get us where we need to be to become those 'world-beaters'.  So for now...cool yuh herbs.    :beermug:

Spot on there Outside!

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 20, 2013, 07:03:05 PM »

[/quo

Really? Is the name calling necessary. This ain't secondary school...calm yourself. So you trying to say that because they had more shots...they deserve to win? Spain vs Switzerland...world cup 2010. Ball possesion: SPN 67% - SWT 33%. SHOTS TOTAL: SPN 22 - SWT 6. CORNERS: SPN 12 - SWT 3. Guess what son....Spain lost 0 - 1. Don't tell me nonsense that the team that have the better stats deserve to win. Peace.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 20, 2013, 07:05:22 PM »
And allyuh know how I felt about the ATTITUDE of KJ and KD. Well I am glad to see the fight in both players . .  especially KJ
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 20, 2013, 07:05:38 PM »

The warriors play good!

It's not a "just relax" mentality at all, the warriors have been poor for quite some time...and i seri0ously think that YOU need to relax tbh...
it wasnt like we were coming into this tournament with any side being wary of us...
We just get we tail cut in europe by mediocre-ish teams from europe and to see the guys come out and fight hard, i was proud! Kenwyne jones led from the front as captain IMO, although he miss a few chances, he kept encouraging the guys to keep it up.

I'm proud!

damn f**kin proud..........havin seen what passed for football over last few years.....people jus either straight mad and unreasonable to not recognize the relative success this has been
I pity the fool....

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 20, 2013, 07:06:26 PM »
The wheels of the wagon must be bending under the weight this evening.   ;D

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 20, 2013, 07:08:02 PM »
Wasn't embarrassed by T&T play tonight . . . or during the tournament at all (well lil bit 'gainst Haiti)

Good fight from EVERYBODY: Administration, Coaching Staff and Players
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

1]; } ?>