March 28, 2024, 09:41:18 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (20-Jul-2013).  (Read 67502 times)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (20-Jul-2013).
« Reply #510 on: July 20, 2013, 07:09:00 PM »
The wheels of the wagon must be bending under the weight this evening.   ;D

Breaking to bits
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 20, 2013, 07:11:07 PM »
we give dem a good scare...and for that we can be proud
Proud of a scare. Why are we always satisfied with such mediocrity! We could've won this game. We should have one this game. The players did well but scare my foot!!

Man people need to relax...
The warriors play good!
That's why our football will never go to the next level, as long as we keep this just relax attitude. We satisfied with a good fight, a nice play and a one nil loss to Mexico. We seem to forget that the point of the whole matter is to win the tournament. Manchester City made the final of the F.A. Cup, finished second in the premier league and competed in the champions league last season. Good enough you might say. Guess what, Mancini still got fired. We accept too little for the enormous amount of talent we have. We'll never win the any tournament with that just relax nonsense.

It's not a "just relax" mentality at all, the warriors have been poor for quite some time...and i seri0ously think that YOU need to relax tbh...
it wasnt like we were coming into this tournament with any side being wary of us...
We just get we tail cut in europe by mediocre-ish teams from europe and to see the guys come out and fight hard, i was proud! Kenwyne jones led from the front as captain IMO, although he miss a few chances, he kept encouraging the guys to keep it up.

I'm proud!

damn f**kin proud..........havin seen what passed for football over last few years.....people jus either straight mad and unreasonable to not recognize the relative success this has been

Lefty --- True talk!  Although we all disappointed with the final score, and though not ideal, this was indeed a relative success for THIS version of the T&T team.  Much more is expected down the road, and more success bar-none is what we know our team can accomplish.

But for know, we laid a good foundation.  A decent start (unlike Castro's...ummmm Cuba's 6-1 drubbing...lol)   
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 07:14:41 PM by OutsideMan »
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline jingleheimer_Schmidt

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 20, 2013, 07:11:55 PM »
And allyuh know how I felt about the ATTITUDE of KJ and KD. Well I am glad to see the fight in both players . .  especially KJ

Yeah KJ play!
He aint have all that composure in 1 on 1, but he was winning nearly every ball in the air, using his strength nicely and coming back and taking possession from mexico in midfield. He performed!

Daniel was cut out for that dog-eat-dog midfield role tonight...but when he was going forward with the ball in midfield or had possession in mexico half, he looked the most dangerous.

I proud of the guys! Well done!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 20, 2013, 07:12:24 PM »
The wheels of the wagon must be bending under the weight this evening.   ;D

Da wagon go be draggin on de grong jess now   :rotfl:

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 20, 2013, 07:13:27 PM »
Proud of a scare. Why are we always satisfied with such mediocrity! We could've won this game. We should have one this game. The players did well but scare my foot!!

The warriors play good!
That's why our football will never go to the next level, as long as we keep this just relax attitude. We satisfied with a good fight, a nice play and a one nil loss to Mexico. We seem to forget that the point of the whole matter is to win the tournament. Manchester City made the final of the F.A. Cup, finished second in the premier league and competed in the champions league last season. Good enough you might say. Guess what, Mancini still got fired. We accept too little for the enormous amount of talent we have. We'll never win the any tournament with that just relax nonsense.

Milky, you're pretty 'new' here so you don't realize that everybody already done know that...these guys on here been saying the same thing for mad years now.  No one here believes in mediocrity. But by the same token, you have to sit back and be realistic with the hand we were dealth coming in to the tournament.  Corruption...theft...controversy...lack of direction...just hired a new coach 3 weeks ago...and all kinda drama. 

The team right now is in a RE-BUILDING mode.  This is a Soca Warrior team that most people thought wouldn't even make it out of the first rounds, farless compete with the likes of Mexico. 

Can we win tournaments and beat anyone on the planet --- I believe 'YES we can", and I'm betting that almost EVERYONE on this site believes the same thing.  Do I believe that we can do those great things 'today' (this early in the re-building process)? Truthfully the answer is we're not quite ready yet, but we have the great foundation to build upon. 

So yeah, Fari is quite right.  Everyone wants to win, but most of the 'veterans' here understand what's at stake, and what it'll take to get us where we need to be to become those 'world-beaters'.  So for now...cool yuh herbs.    :beermug:

Spot on there Outside!
Now you make perfect sense. I agree with what you say. But my comment wasn't specifically directed to this particular team, coach or most of the people in the forum 'veteran' guy. Its Trini people in general not seeing the bigger picture. We always seem to be happy with the scrums that fall off the table, when the Turkey on the table. If you can't understand that, well I don't know what to tell you.
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 20, 2013, 07:14:38 PM »

Baby steps- we get to see who needs tuh get off the bus, and where there is space to fill.
You right. I'm just saying we shouldn't be drinking champagne like we win the tournament. Applause will suffice.

anybody talk about drinking champagne?  people just said good effort compared to what we accustom to in the past 7 years.
Ok ok I surrender....I apologize...Geez

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 20, 2013, 07:15:14 PM »
The future has arrived
I pray we can build on this effort

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 20, 2013, 07:15:45 PM »
Rel waggonist talk. Men in post in years then suddenly come out of a hole to talk shit. Unrealistic expectations on a team that trying to find its way again. We overachieve as far i concerned making it this far.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 20, 2013, 07:16:00 PM »
Proud performance, but no sub until the 88th minute?!! An earlier sub gives us a chance to advance. Our boys were tired.
Hart for president

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 20, 2013, 07:17:01 PM »
Is it just me, or does Abu Bakr look like Dexter Skeene's long lost son? Somebody post some photos so we can compare!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (20-Jul-2013).
« Reply #520 on: July 20, 2013, 07:17:43 PM »
Proud performance, but no sub until the 88th minute?!! An earlier sub gives us a chance to advance. Our boys were tired.

That's the only thing that has bothered me. We needed fresh legs
Youtube Channel

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 20, 2013, 07:17:58 PM »
Rel waggonist talk. Men in post in years then suddenly come out of a hole to talk shit. Unrealistic expectations on a team that trying to find its way again. We overachieve as far i concerned making it this far.

Dem so is jokers oui.  Coming in I doubt any opponent thought we would cause dem problems, much less get out de group stage

giggsy11

« Reply #522 on: July 20, 2013, 07:21:33 PM »
Is it just me, or does Abu Bakr look like Dexter Skeene's long lost son? Somebody post some photos so we can compare!!

JMW looks like he and Vincent Young were separated at birth.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 20, 2013, 07:22:52 PM »
Sad to see us lose it at the 83rd-84th minute. I was wondering why SH didn't make subs earlier but TBH, I couldn't think of anyone on the bench who could have come on and been a real game changer. I wonder if he was hoping to make it to extra time, put out more defensive subs and roll the dice on penalties.

I felt we looked good passing around the ball but we lacked the bite at the end and we became all too predictable as the final option almost always was a long ball to KJ. Although our transition from defense to attack was faster that in the ES game, we were still slower than the Mexicans and resorting to the long ball didn't really work. I thought that Glenn should have taken the chance to run at the defense a bit more especially seeing that KJ usually attracted multiple defenders whenever he moved. Maybe Molino would have helped speed up our attack and provide more creativity.

Considering SH had 2-3 weeks with the team prior to the tournament, this is a much improved performance compared to those of the recent past. Hopefully we can build from here as he has time to really settle in and scout out players.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 07:25:21 PM by grimm01 »

Offline jingleheimer_Schmidt

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 20, 2013, 07:23:52 PM »

Vince?

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: July 20, 2013, 07:24:39 PM »

The warriors play good!

Milky, you're pretty 'new' here so you don't realize that everybody already done know that...these guys on here been saying the same thing for mad years now.  No one here believes in mediocrity. But by the same token, you have to sit back and be realistic with the hand we were dealth coming in to the tournament.  Corruption...theft...controversy...lack of direction...just hired a new coach 3 weeks ago...and all kinda drama. 

The team right now is in a RE-BUILDING mode.  This is a Soca Warrior team that most people thought wouldn't even make it out of the first rounds, farless compete with the likes of Mexico. 

Can we win tournaments and beat anyone on the planet --- I believe 'YES we can", and I'm betting that almost EVERYONE on this site believes the same thing.  Do I believe that we can do those great things 'today' (this early in the re-building process)? Truthfully the answer is we're not quite ready yet, but we have the great foundation to build upon. 

So yeah, Fari is quite right.  Everyone wants to win, but most of the 'veterans' here understand what's at stake, and what it'll take to get us where we need to be to become those 'world-beaters'.  So for now...cool yuh herbs.    :beermug:

Spot on there Outside!
Now you make perfect sense. I agree with what you say. But my comment wasn't specifically directed to this particular team, coach or most of the people in the forum 'veteran' guy. Its Trini people in general not seeing the bigger picture. We always seem to be happy with the scrums that fall off the table, when the Turkey on the table. If you can't understand that, well I don't know what to tell you.

Milky --- Ah not too sure which Trini people you know...but de Trinis I know don't go for 'crumbs'. They want de entire spread on the dinner table, and the spread on the dinner tables tables on de entire block.  The Trini people I know prefer to sit at the head of the table, even if it's not their table.  And, ah hear what you're saying, but I have to step in and tell you that no one here is celebrating a loss.  But people are celebrating a start.  It's been a LONG time since we all witnessed a T&T team playing with heart and determination...and I among many was the biggest critic of the team, up until the just before the Honduras game.  I admit that I'm extremely guilty of that...being a real critic.

But the team changed my mind with the Honduras display...I saw a spark of something special that was missing from my Warriors/STRIKE SQUAD (Yes, I still say 'Strike Squad'...lol) for ages.  We're on our way back.  If anything, people here are optimistic about our team's future. 

Stay tuned, eh.   :beermug:  :beermug:  :beermug:   

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 07:29:32 PM by OutsideMan »
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

giggsy11

« Reply #526 on: July 20, 2013, 07:24:53 PM »

Vince?

Yeah Vince ;D

Offline jason23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 20, 2013, 07:30:09 PM »
come home late :( some one tel me who win?

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 20, 2013, 07:30:58 PM »

The warriors play good!

Spot on there Outside!

Milky --- Ah not too sure which Trini people you know...but de Trinis I know don't go for 'crumbs'. They want de entire spread on the dinner table, and the spread on the dinner tables tables on de entire block.  The Trini people I know prefer to sit at the head of the table, even if it's not their table.  And, ah hear what you're saying, but I have to step in and tell you that no one here is celebrating a loss.  But people are celebrating a start.  It's been a LONG time since we all witnessed a T&T team playing with heart and determination...and I among many was the biggest critic of the team, up until the just before the Honduras game.  I admit that I'm extremely guilty of that...being a real critic.

But the team changed my mind with the Honduras display...I saw a spark of something special that was missing from my Warriors/STRIKE SQUAD (Yes, I still say 'Strike Squad'...lol) for ages.  We're on our way back.  If anything, people here are optimistic about our team's future. 

Stay tuned, eh.   :beermug:  :beermug:  :beermug:   

We'll all drink to that..Cheers  ;D

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 20, 2013, 07:32:19 PM »
Soca warriors  ah just want to   thank the entire team for a valiant performance , also all of the coaching staff its just the beginning  , again  great effort by all .....  keep on keeping on .. ah feel proud

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 20, 2013, 07:58:41 PM »
Pride restored. Dracula gone. Black List over. Coaching Staff in place. Let we build on dis. Like Black Stalin say, better days are coming. Ah ready to buy de kit.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 20, 2013, 08:10:08 PM »
Pride restored. Dracula gone. Black List over. Coaching Staff in place. Let we build on dis. Like Black Stalin say, better days are coming. Ah ready to buy de kit.

WELL SAID!  :beermug:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 20, 2013, 08:13:21 PM »

WELL SAID!  :beermug:
:beermug: :beermug: (2 shandy for that)
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 20, 2013, 08:22:39 PM »
We could have been better.

And the coach didnt make any subs because we simply did not have the depth. Obviously when the goal scored something drastic had to be done.

Which was on my mind too when the subs came late......so why he bother at that point??....*shrugs*

Suppose the game had gone into extra time?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 20, 2013, 08:26:20 PM »

Hush yuh ass

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 20, 2013, 08:30:17 PM »
the commentators was talking real tata though........ how carlos more comfortable on his left foot and birchal is great at dribbling and and making the passes

aye wen dey said dat i was like huh but den ah realise is americans we dealing with lol

That "american" actually coach Birchall for 2 seasons... I think he has a much better understanding of his abilities than anybody on this forum.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 20, 2013, 08:35:56 PM »
We missed Hyland and Molino today, Going forward we need a midfielder that can take the ball from defence to attack, positive signs from this performance. I thought the subs should have been used earlier
 Thanks for the effort T&T.

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 20, 2013, 08:39:30 PM »

Hush yuh ass
That's your reply? What are you...ten. Say something that actually make sense...and please, try not to take your words out the gutter and put them on the page.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 20, 2013, 08:40:24 PM »

Is just you.  Abu Bakr look the spitting image of he worthless, treasonous, piece of shit father.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 20, 2013, 08:41:12 PM »
Lol omg ha
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>