March 28, 2024, 05:16:35 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (20-Jul-2013).  (Read 67492 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (20-Jul-2013).
« Reply #540 on: July 20, 2013, 08:42:41 PM »
That's your reply? What are you...ten. Say something that actually make sense...and please, try not to take your words out the gutter and put them on the page.

My bad... hush yuh cyat.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 20, 2013, 08:45:51 PM »
Is it just me, or does Abu Bakr look like Dexter Skeene's long lost son? Somebody post some photos so we can compare!!

Is just you.  Abu Bakr look the spitting image of he worthless, treasonous, piece of shit father.
Me ent know if I allowed to post on the main board anymore eh ,but that was some funny shit b.

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 20, 2013, 08:55:28 PM »
That's your reply? What are you...ten. Say something that actually make sense...and please, try not to take your words out the gutter and put them on the page.

My bad... hush yuh cyat.
No my bad, you're a brain damaged 6 year old. Sorry for trying to have a civil conversation. I must be much more sensitive to retarded individuals in our society. My bad again..ahem....mentally challenged. Peace. End.
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 20, 2013, 09:01:57 PM »
How de hell is this Bakes character a moderator on this forum. What are the duties of a moderator? Not to instill an environment which is conducive to constructive conversation? His actions seem contrary to this...

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 20, 2013, 09:07:06 PM »
How de hell is this Bakes character a moderator on this forum. What are the duties of a moderator? Not to instill an environment which is conducive to constructive conversation? His actions seem contrary to this...
Don't use so many big words, he may not understand.As you can see he likes three letter words... :rotfl:
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 20, 2013, 09:27:09 PM »

Money pass

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 20, 2013, 09:31:53 PM »
I must be miss something all these years.This tournament is de first I ever see Carlos playing on de left side.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 20, 2013, 09:52:10 PM »
I must be miss something all these years.This tournament is de first I ever see Carlos playing on de left side.

In our last WCQ campaign Otto Pfister had him playing as a left-back.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 20, 2013, 09:53:05 PM »
Boys played well. Impressive game against a squad like Mexico.

Defensively, they're very strong. They need work on the offense. Can't depend on Jones all the time, he's not that great at making runs. Glenn isn't that in form. We needed other options aside from Molino.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 20, 2013, 09:56:12 PM »

Thanks Firebrand but personally I find we wasting him on de left.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 20, 2013, 10:03:52 PM »
I am happy with the way the team played. Given SH had only a few weeks of prep time, no warm up games etc, I am proud of the way we handled ourselves. Yes we need to improve, but SH has done a very good job so far and I am proud of the boys...

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 20, 2013, 10:04:47 PM »
I am happy to have had the opportunity to see the game game live..it was quite an experience. It was a creditable performance by the players and the coaching staff. Tactically we looked up to the challenge.. at the end of the day players of more quality win football matches (most of the time).
I give credit to Mr Hart, Mr Beenhaaker, Mr Charles and Mr King for there concerted effort. The way I see it we should have made better use of set plays, other than that I have no complaints.
I could understand the reason for not making a change sooner because there wasn't anything in the reserve that could have made any difference to the outcome.
Where do we go from here? I feel we should be looking for attacking players who could take on defenders and run at them with pace.
We need attacking players in the style of Warren Archibald, Steve David, Leonson Lewis, Roderick Gibbs...If we had just one forward like that ..the game would have been different.
All in all a creditable performance..I thought that the overall composure of the team was immaculate.
Fitness on the other had was below the level..but that's understandable because many of the players don't play in top leagues.
Men of the match Jan Michael, Cornell Glenn, Kenwyn Jones and Keon Daniel.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 20, 2013, 10:16:14 PM »
Having a good showing will not only help build the confidence of the players, it will also help with players of dual nationality giving them a reason to choose T&T. Some players have turned down the chance at playing for T&T and given how deep our football had sunk it was understanable. With JW gone, and a very credible performance by the team and staff, we may be able to influence those players on the fence, as long as they commited to playing and willing to play 110%, I will be happy. It seems our football finally rising out of the ashes, after being in the dumps since 2006. Thank God  men like Scamps, JW are not involved in out football anymore.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 20, 2013, 10:40:57 PM »
I am happy to have had the opportunity to see the game game live..it was quite an experience. It was a creditable performance by the players and the coaching staff. Tactically we looked up to the challenge.. at the end of the day players of more quality win football matches (most of the time).
I give credit to Mr Hart, Mr Beenhaaker, Mr Charles and Mr King for there concerted effort. The way I see it we should have made better use of set plays, other than that I have no complaints.
I could understand the reason for not making a change sooner because there wasn't anything in the reserve that could have made any difference to the outcome.
Where do we go from here? I feel we should be looking for attacking players who could take on defenders and run at them with pace.
We need attacking players in the style of Warren Archibald, Steve David, Leonson Lewis, Roderick Gibbs...If we had just one forward like that ..the game would have been different.
All in all a creditable performance..I thought that the overall composure of the team was immaculate.
Fitness on the other had was below the level..but that's understandable because many of the players don't play in top leagues.
What coache like you had a change of heart in the dome??? I actually agree with you here, I thought also Cyrus played well and could be added to your list. Boucaud didn't look too bad either. I was happy with the performance given circumstances we faced since 06, well done warriors, salute!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 20, 2013, 10:41:25 PM »
Just got back from vacation; missed the game but heard the score and been reading comments. Just want to offer my congratulations on a respectable showing and forging the road back to respectably for our football. Who would have predicted this another ago and considering the showing gambits one on the regions giants. Well done

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: July 20, 2013, 10:45:03 PM »

Money pass

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 20, 2013, 10:47:42 PM »
Having a good showing will not only help build the confidence of the players, it will also help with players of dual nationality giving them a reason to choose T&T. Some players have turned down the chance at playing for T&T and given how deep our football had sunk it was understanable. With JW gone, and a very credible performance by the team and staff, we may be able to influence those players on the fence, as long as they commited to playing and willing to play 110%, I will be happy. It seems our football finally rising out of the ashes, after being in the dumps since 2006. Thank God  men like Scamps, JW are not involved in out football anymore.
Fuh real, yuh know I watching the game and was thinking a player like Nick DeLeon would've been a good option to add a spark in our offense given players like Molino, Hyland, Peltier, Guerra, etc were unavailable. We just need a little more depth of quality players to select from.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
To make our mark in Concacaf we need to identify with-in the depths that there is a need to standardize everything that a football manager must assess, the quality and talent of players that are available to build and to blend a pattern around that.There is a need to stabilise and establish our pattern of play with specific features of our territory including teams with-in the national fold with an objective in mind "sports oriented intellectual" to ensure and to identify with our culture with recognation for success nationwide. Always maintained the approach to the game dictated by the quality of the talent available infuse it with the central elements of our game as they see fit clearly with the intent for a measure of successful results with-in our style of play.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 01:26:02 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 21, 2013, 12:18:24 AM »
I just came to say that k.jones is now my absolute favorite player and I am very very proud of our performance. Well done, and thank you.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 12:56:24 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #561 on: July 21, 2013, 01:08:44 AM »
We could have been better.

And the coach didnt make any subs because we simply did not have the depth. Obviously when the goal scored something drastic had to be done.

Which was on my mind too when the subs came late......so why he bother at that point??....*shrugs*

Suppose the game had gone into extra time?

I think Hart was gambling.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 01:22:53 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 21, 2013, 01:26:13 AM »
Cyrus is sooooo sloooowwww.
Joke of the yr.  :rotfl: :rotfl:  :yellowcard: 

cyrus faster than hoyte fella, as ah matter of fact he's probably the fastest man on the team. what you're seeing could be fatigue, that does make horses run slow, never mid ppl.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 21, 2013, 01:44:42 AM »
we missed a game changer on the side.

Yeh, and we have like about seven of them.
peltier,
jaggy,
hyland
molino
hector
cato
guerra.

defenders that could have made a difference.

julius james
primus
bateau
JLLoyd.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 02:13:15 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 21, 2013, 02:05:24 AM »
Is it just me, or does Abu Bakr look like Dexter Skeene's long lost son? Somebody post some photos so we can compare!!

Is just you.  Abu Bakr look the spitting image of he worthless, treasonous, piece of shit father.
Very classy guy you are.      :yapping:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 21, 2013, 02:08:06 AM »

He also played under latas tenure as ah left winger and center mid.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 21, 2013, 04:53:13 AM »
It's the first time I have watched TT play a football match for a long time and haven't cussed every 5 or 6 minutes,I admired the way our boys fought for every ball,that was especially pleasing to me.The boys fought to the end and never let their heads drop,Mexico is a powerhouse and not just any wishy washy team that we lost 1-0 to and that goal came in the 84th minute.I feel we would have taken them into extra time and who knows,maybe win on penalties,Mexico might have been the most relieved team in the world.We played without 3 first choice players so who knows what could have been,I feel we are on the road to recovery after all the adverse internal wars that all but brought our football to it's knees,we showed that we can also be a resilient bunch and if anybody is in doubt then Mexico knows better.
Well done boys and all the best for the future.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 21, 2013, 07:10:53 AM »
Watched a re-run of the match. Seems to be an own goal scored by Abu Bakr, shot was going wide

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 21, 2013, 08:35:42 AM »
great effort by the boys....and the staff.
cant wait to see a home game...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 21, 2013, 01:39:31 PM »
So basically yuh was torkin out yuh ass all this time?
I give credit to Mr Hart, Mr Beenhaaker, Mr Charles and Mr King for there concerted effort.  The way I see it we should have made better use of set plays, other than that I have no complaints. I could understand the reason for not making a change
Concerted effort in doing????

sooner because there wasn't anything in the reserve that could have made any difference to the outcome.
Wishes and wants the question should be how do we develop players to this level?

By the way your most constructive  post ever glad you found your boat certificate

1]; } ?>