April 25, 2024, 08:41:45 PM

Author Topic: Which T&T coach/club produce we top players today.  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Which T&T coach/club produce we top players today.
« on: July 19, 2013, 03:25:25 PM »
Terry Fenwick a good scout/youth coach ?

He had to be because, he is responsible for some of we top players today who started off under him at Jabloteh.

These players started off with these teams.

Jabloteh had - Cleon John, Sheldon Bateau, Robert Primus, Ataullah Guerra, Khaleem Hyland, Kevin Molino, Lester Peltier, Cornell Glen, Jason Marcano, Kendall Jagdeosingh and Willis Plaza.

W Connection had - Shahdon Winchester, Devorn Jorsling, Joevin Jones, Jan-Michael Williams and Hughtun Hector.

Joe Public had - Kareem Moses, Radanfah Abu Bakr, Aubrey David, Jamal Gay, Daneil Cyrus, Seon Power and Kenwyne Jones.

Caledonia had  - Carlyle Mitchell and Densill Theobald.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Which T&T coach/club produce we top players today.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 04:47:37 PM »
Terry definitely... I think he has a great eye for talent... and being foreign the players bridge the gap for when they go away they are not new to the whole foreign coach approach...

I imagine a young player under a soft Trini coach will experience culture shock when he joins a team in Europe etc ... Terry takes away that culture shock and when the players move on they are better for it

Just a theory

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 05:43:34 AM »
Nice new bunch under Terry ready for Stephen Harts 2018 campaign =
Dwight Pope
Darryl Trim
Rundell Winchester
Dwight Quintero
Julio Noel
Nicholas Dillon
Omar Charles
Dario Holmes
Darren Mitchell

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 07:25:55 AM »
Dwight Pope
Darryl Trim
Rundell Winchester
Dwight Quintero
Julio Noel
Nicholas Dillon
Omar Charles
Dario Holmes
Darren Mitchell

You mean you should thank Stokely Vale, Tobago and Phoenix for this, not Central FC.

The clubs you guys took advantage off and signed all their best stars for nothing. Typical Englishmen mentality, raping the small teams for pennies. For a promise to play in the big league.

I may say things harsh but its the truth, exploitation at its best. Central is the local Chelsea, just a broke one who rubbing poor clubs their best players.

Now Harrison saying they are Terry Fenwick product, please get a life.

Glad to see Joe Public is still be recognize.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 07:28:19 AM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 09:50:12 AM »
Dwight Pope
Darryl Trim
Rundell Winchester
Dwight Quintero
Julio Noel
Nicholas Dillon
Omar Charles
Dario Holmes
Darren Mitchell

You mean you should thank Stokely Vale, Tobago and Phoenix for this, not Central FC.

The clubs you guys took advantage off and signed all their best stars for nothing. Typical Englishmen mentality, raping the small teams for pennies. For a promise to play in the big league.

I may say things harsh but its the truth, exploitation at its best. Central is the local Chelsea, just a broke one who rubbing poor clubs their best players.

Now Harrison saying they are Terry Fenwick product, please get a life.

Glad to see Joe Public is still be recognize.

Of course, you're absolutely right, Jack. Lets leave all the kids in Tobago so nobody sees them. After all, there were dozens of clubs queuing up to sign Darren Mitchell, Rundell Winchester, Omar Charles and Dario Holmes last season. And of course, this year, before we invited Gem Gordon to the Walsall camp, everybody was after him too.

I fully understand that every single player who pulled on a Joe Public arsewipe rag was discovered at birth by the wonderful coaches there (who were all sired by Jack Warner) and never played football anywhere other than at the Plastic Palace. And, of course, JP always paid the top wages and never received a single penny for transfers. It must be wonderful to be God.
I may say things harsh but your talking  :bs: as usual  :rotfl: 

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 01:08:15 PM »
I agree with Jack Horner on one thing.

I believe the clubs in Tobago should be given a transfer fee but I understand Central don't have that kinda money, or if Central sell these players one day that they give them a kick back or a finders fee something.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 03:56:36 PM »
I agree with Jack Horner on one thing.

I believe the clubs in Tobago should be given a transfer fee but I understand Central don't have that kinda money, or if Central sell these players one day that they give them a kick back or a finders fee something.

As with most such situations globally, agreements are in place. But don't let Horner tie you up too much, remmember he is a hater and his father would do nothing if there wasn't money in it for him.
For example, if Gem Gordon one day plays for LA Galaxy, would anybody give a cut to Central F.C.? If we hadn't wanted to promote Tobago talent, nobody here would have known Gems name. And if for example one  of the Pro League XI got a move because of their performance against Walsall, would Central F.C. get a cut? Without months of hard work by Central, those players wouldn't have had their chance either.

One of the problems with football in T&T is that everybody studies money first. That's why players like Willis Plaza aren't representing T&T. Look how many of our gifted players were "unavailable". If Plaza had still been at Connection, maybe he would have got a decent contract in an established league if he had played in the Gold Cup? It's different for players at the twilight of their careers like Glen going to India.

We believe that if the Pro Leagues brand is improved internationally, ALL clubs will benefit eventually. Rather than accepting mediocrity, we put our money where our mouth is and make an effort to move forward. I hope in some small way that we influenced St Anns Rangers to get their overseas kit deal. And it's great to see Connection preparing for the CL in Colombia.

Don't study the money like Jack Horner. Those guys in Tobago are big men and if they want something, they will ask. Mostly, they want to see talented footballers getting recognition.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 04:49:00 AM »
FS, Horner cant tie up my head.

The money would help the club I was referring to.

They have to survive as well and by getting a lil kick back might go a long way.

For example, if you sell Winchester and get a $50,000 US transfer fee why $5,000 cant go to Vale?

Vale release 2 of their best players (Winchester) was one for FREE (break contract if they had one) just so they can go and play for Central.

We need to be more grateful. Its not just money here bro.

If you sell their players, they deserve a little something.

Central gave Gem the opportunity but they do not own the rights to the player, he belong to a club. Central brought Walsall here for their benefit as well, stop trying to make it sound like you did it for T&T players, because no way on earth you taking out your hard own money to bring a team down to benefit T&T and not you.

It did benefit T&T and the coach saw a few none Central players, yes, but what now ?

All you hear is they keeping an eye on Gem and nothing more.

I am glad to the bottom of my heart what Central did, we need more teams to visit T&T, THANK YOU CENTRAL FC. But you did it for YOU FIRST.....  talk straight.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 04:52:20 AM by Sam »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 07:02:11 AM »
FS, Horner cant tie up my head.

The money would help the club I was referring to.

They have to survive as well and by getting a lil kick back might go a long way.

For example, if you sell Winchester and get a $50,000 US transfer fee why $5,000 cant go to Vale?

Vale release 2 of their best players (Winchester) was one for FREE (break contract if they had one) just so they can go and play for Central.

We need to be more grateful. Its not just money here bro.

If you sell their players, they deserve a little something.

Central gave Gem the opportunity but they do not own the rights to the player, he belong to a club. Central brought Walsall here for their benefit as well, stop trying to make it sound like you did it for T&T players, because no way on earth you taking out your hard own money to bring a team down to benefit T&T and not you.

It did benefit T&T and the coach saw a few none Central players, yes, but what now ?

All you hear is they keeping an eye on Gem and nothing more.

I am glad to the bottom of my heart what Central did, we need more teams to visit T&T, THANK YOU CENTRAL FC. But you did it for YOU FIRST.....  talk straight.

Thanks Sam.

Of course we did it for us first. But we didn't have to help anyone else. We could have said f**k you! We didn't HAVE to involve the ProLeague. We could have held private coaching schools and charge $200 per day to recover some of our costs, but instead we did 4 free sessions in San Fernando, Tobago, Couva and PoS (only one of which was for our community). We didn't have to hold a national coaches seminar (which was poorly attended by the way). We didn't HAVE to spend days in Tobago.

Now, we used some of these events to help share the cost, but if we just brought them to Central and selfishly kept them under wraps, we still would have funded the tour. (Our alternative was to invite foreign teams to a tournament and we even had offers from national teams to enter, but that would have become a money making venture, while we wanted to promote ProLeague football)

If the Under 20 cricket wasn't on in Tobago things would have been different there. We took Walsall to Tobago so that Stokely Vale and Phoenix would benefit from the gate money and the experience as repayment for the Tobago boys we signed. However, lack of a decent venue where people could be charged to enter and local football politics meant that neither club benefitted financially. THIS WAS NOT THE FAULT OF CENTRAL F.C. We left the game organisation to THA/TFA.

There were more Tobago boys other than Gordon training with Walsall and Stokely and Phoenix were supposed to combine to play against Walsall.

Regarding any future transfer fees, as I said before, each club negotiates whatever they see fit. We never hit a boy over the head and dragged him back. Whatever the clubs receive in the future, it is what they negotiated.

As for what now, well maybe other ProLeague clubs will keep an eye on Tobago boys a lot more. We have an excellent relationship with Tobago football, so that is a big reward for Central. We will always be hamstrung by the National team performance and until they reach (and remain) in the top 70, we're a bit stuck. But once we're there, trust me, English clubs in particular will be much more aware of T&T as a source of talent.

Finally, we saw a fantastic 14 year old boy in Tobago. After speaking with his mother, we discovered that they are being evicted as she is struggling financially. We have talked to her about moving to Central as a "house mother" to look after our club apartments where we house our young players and will be trying to get the boy into Presentation College, Chaguanas. He can't sign any contract with Central, but, of course, we hope that he will when he's old enough. But at least he'll have some stability, be around other decent players and get an education.

I've always said that we're a business and we're not perfect, but even so, I'm proud to be Central.

1]; } ?>