March 28, 2024, 03:14:53 AM

Author Topic: A message to the T&T football team.  (Read 13013 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
A message to the T&T football team.
« on: July 16, 2013, 05:48:07 PM »
We are quick to condemn the players when they do bad and now we have to be quick to compliment them when they do good.

First off; congrats to the coaching staff for the good job they are doing and showing good coaching fundamentals.

Secondly, the players, everyone of them, thank you for showing you can compete at this level. The  way they did vs Honduras really brought back a shinning light in T&T football since 2006. Everyone can play, some do better and some not so good. Let the ones that do good inspire you to lift your game, because everyone can play on his day.

We have to give the players a little more respect here, they are not our enemies, we are all on the same team. We must remember, everyone have off days and good days. And if some is better than the other, so what, changes will come but in a respectable way. These guys slave for our country.

When T&T lost to Haiti, I was hurt to, but refrain from damaging the team, instead I post something that was a little more constrictive while trying to get my points across. I to am guilty sometimes but most times I try to keep things in prospective.

No one is saying you cannot make arguments but let it be constructive ones. We need to keep the SWO the number one T&T Football website and by us having constant negative things to say it destroys the site image.

I want to wish them the very best vs Mexico and I know they have the ability to win. I don't expect a miracles but if you lose at least go down like real Warriors.

Special thanx to Sheldon Phillips as well, he has been very supportive of the SWO and has kept me updated.

Come one guys, lets show "our" team a little support. Some off us will not be there to support them come Saturday, but at least they know we have their backs.

Big up T&T !!!!

PS: Anything negative on this thread will be deleted.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:34:00 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A message to the T&T football team.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 05:53:19 PM »
Good stuff... we are all one..the team, fans etc

All we want to see is effort..win lose or draw put your hearts on your sleeves and give your absolute all

If I had the opportunity to play for my country I would rather die than leave the field thinking I could have done more

Congrats to the Staff and Players for their success so far...this is only the beginning.. the big picture is the years to come.... the experience gained at this Tournament is priceless for young players like Molino, Cyrus, J.Jones etc

Let's give it a huge 90 minutes on Saturday...If we lose we lose..but If everyone gives 110% we can keep this journey going

I believe... join the train

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 05:59:29 PM »
Well said Flex, we do have a tendancy to get emotional and overreact when things don't go how we'll like and super excited when we get the desired result. I wish the squad all the best and win, loose or draw I'm supporting 100% :beermug:

De journey now start #japsnstag (Flex doh vex wid meh is KJ who start it ;D)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 06:04:00 PM »
blood sweat and tears my warriors blood sweat and tears.................give 'em hell :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 06:04:47 PM »
#japsnstag Remember that video before every game. That is all.  :beermug:

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 06:07:34 PM »
Well, win lose or draw I'm a Soca Warrior. All I want to see is effort.

I'm in Istanbul, Turkey and I stay up some god awful hours to see this team play.
Back in 2005, I used to be in an internet cafe until sometimes 5 am ...listening to radio commentary becz there was no stream for me.

I went to bed at 7 am on Tuesday after watching the victory over Honduras.

Yes, sometimes we criticize - it's because we live and breathe this team. The joy of watching us win major games is indescribable, it makes my week.

Good luck vs. Mexico TT.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 06:11:17 PM »
Well I am encouraged by this initiative Flex; as you can see I started a similar thread  awhile back to cretae that sense of encouragement for the team:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=60037.msg860825#msg860825

Keep up the work fellas the journey is now about to start; people will se that we are for real!!!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 06:14:49 PM »
Good post VB, as fans we know how we can get.  But like others have said, it's because many of us live and breathe this game and wear our RWB heart on our sleeves.  Let's press on on Sat, we can get a +ve result, but what really matters is leaving it all on the pitch irrespective of the result.  Good progress thus far lads, let's build on the monetum and press on  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 06:18:08 PM »
Quarter Finals baby!!!  Ah love it!!!  Good going guys.....thanks to team for giving me a reason to wave mih rag and flag again..... :applause: :applause:

#japsandstag  ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 06:19:43 PM »
Celebrate the win -Definitely but the bigger fish yet to fry . Yuh think Mexico and USA  shooting for just making quarterfinals? We have to start setting the standard and the bar higher to win the ultimate prize; we have to see ourselves in the same vein as the Mexicans.
Take out the im and see possibilities.

While I do not disagree that the challenge may seem insurmountable; however if we continue to subscribe to deficit thinking and to look at limitations to what could be I don't see us moving forward. One of our impediments and trapping we have found ourselves in is this ' small island' 'minnow' mentality. Mexico does not look invincible in this tournament. This could possibly be one of the weaker Mexican team- this is not to say that they cayr put down ah lickks on we. But look at their performance against Martinique? ummmm if not for that penality we talking a 1-0 victory hardly decisive for a team of Martinique's composition , ranking and absence at any Confederation Cup or Olympic qualifier? At the end of teh day we have to strive for more than just saying we not there yet. WE HAVE TO STOP TALKING ABOUT REBUILDING AND SAY THIS IS THE TEAM WE HAVE NOW AND GO WITH  IT!!!
Ent we go rebuild again after this tournament? no team is ever in a state of being completely build- yuh always tweaking and looking for who could be the warriors that could battle  the giants. David slew Goliath !!!!!!! Leh we go and  take on all comers ; we have the depth and the men to do it!!!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:24:02 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 06:20:41 PM »
Well said, Flex! 

I too am guilty of the same negativity sometimes, but that's only because I love my country, and grew up on T&T football.  I may sound naive, but despite how we may play over the years (good or very bad), I prefer to watch the T&T brand of football over any other brand on this planet. 

Good job so far the fellas have done on this outing...and regardless of the result on Saturday against Mexico, as long as the team shows effort and fight, I'm happy.  BIG UP to the Warriors!  Just play our brand of football, show no fear!

(Btw, I truly believe we could actually win this tournament, eh...just saying).    :)

Warrior for life!  :beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 06:22:28 PM »
Congratulation on a job well I lost my voice watching the game but it was worth it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 06:23:15 PM »
Kenwyne Jones I never liked you, I am sorry, you made me eat my words, you are a boss player and I hope you continue to lead by example and damage them defenders and goalkeepers. I am really mipress by your overall play.

Glen, you are the man, they cant stop you bro. You all over de place, buss they net come Saturday..

Jan Michael, guard your net like a spider. Time to stamp your authority.

Hyland, we Mikel, you will be miss.

Hoyte, I am gald you came to play for us.

Birchall, you are our ironman !!!!!!!! we need you bro, yuh time go come, grab it with both hands!!!!

Theobald, I am not to happy with your play so far, but I know you have great ability and a positive attitude, thank you for allowing to take a back seat, please work hard to regain your place on the team.

Jamal Gay, I have fate in you bro, some kids walk earlier than others, your time will come.

Mitchell, Power, Aubrey, Abu Bakr and Cyrus, you guys have real HEART and soul !!!!! win or lose you fight like pit bulls.

Boucaud, my boy, you was boss yesterday, keep it up bro, we need you vs Mexico. Shoot at goal every chance you get

Joevin, you getting a contract soon, your game is growing every game.

Molino, same with you meh boy, your desire his second to none, you deserve to be on Chelsea side soon.

Keon Daniel, we need you bro, you are the engine in T&T side, your technical ability is amazing to watch.

Carlos Edwards, we need another rolls royce goal, it due, start smacking them in again bro, you have de talent, buss them Mexico goal. Keep your chin up bro, I know what you can do, you score some of de best goals I every saw for a skinny man, yuh can hit them in.

Roberts, much better game vs Honduras, I like your fighting attitude, ah sorry for bashing you de other day. You does get de job don't and you humble and nice.

Carter, keep working hard youth, dont be down, learn from your mistakes.

Curtis Gonzales, Cleon John and Marvin Phillip, thanks for being soca warriors, all good back up players to have.

Shaun, thanks for de vids.

Sheldon, big up, yuh putting yuh father in de shade.

Good luck vs Mexico, fight to de end !!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:51:32 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 06:24:16 PM »
VB ah like that post. De socawarriors means so much too me...from being home sick to being deployed...Doh mind de heartbreak at times, joyous moments and the passion they are showing representing the red white and black is just refreshing.  News negative, but sports...sports can heal any nation...I remeber de unity in Trinidad and Tobago whwn we beat bahrain...it was mas....that's the power you guys have....keep up the goood work....if all yuh didnt win lass nite...my gf...she honduran...i wlda win for all yuh....japs nd stag alll d way...big up guys...keep it moving...win or lose we are fighters!!!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 06:29:53 PM »
Dear Warriors, This Forum is about Die-Hard fans(not Waggonists) who have you guys in their thoughts and in their hearts. Many at time we get serious anxiety when things don't go our way, hence the  negative comments. But remember we are armchair quarterbacks who feel we have all the answers to the football problems. That goes for fans all over the world. The fact is you are the ones on the field. You are the ones who getting the butts and kicked, not us. So go ahead and play the game to the best of your abilities. When you win, you is ah hero. When you lose, we will cuss.  Blessings and Good luck.  Trinbago's finest!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 12:48:18 AM by Deeks »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 06:34:14 PM »
Once a Warrior, always a Warrior.  Great to see that the team is buying into Hart's philosophy, after such a short time.  Last night, I could see the confidence growing in the players, with each possession.  I saw a team that pressed hard for 90 mins and stifled Honduras, as they attempted to come out of their half.  The conditioning is improving, as the fellas were able to keep the intensity up for 90+ mins.  Let's keep this up versus Mexico.  Fly the flag high, and keep believing.  Cheers...

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 06:40:17 PM »
We can do it! GO Soca Warriors!!!

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 06:46:04 PM »
Hey Fellas, keep up the good works. Stick with the game plan. Concentrate and keep the shape for all 93 mins. you richly deserve our support. Keep the T&T flag flying high and show Concacaf that we are the fighting spirit of the Caribbean while our aim is to be the best team in the region, from here on out the only way to go is up.  Play with pride heart and soul... We salute you Warriors.....

PS: Play in RED on Saturday that is the color of true champions.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:27:55 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 06:49:41 PM »
Use your size, height and phsical advantage, let them know you are warriors

Shoot more

Keep the ball in their half

Mexico is beatable and T&T must believe in themselves.

Joe Public won in Mexico once and no one expected them too

Good luck to the guys

I am impress with the coaches also, them made changes many would dear to do

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:01:37 PM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 07:00:28 PM »
Stay positive, stay strong, have faith...go Soca Warriors!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 07:11:02 PM »
Flex: Big respect to you for starting this post, and big respect to the staff and players for the renewed approach to the game displayed yesterday. We are looking forward to seeing each of you raise the standard up another notch or two on Saturday. Warrior Nation is backing all of you in this soon to be epic battle against Mexico!
Blessings!
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 07:12:53 PM »
Respect VB!

Well, I am a man of few words. But I certainly believe in positive reinforcement.

It is important to say thank you and to let hard workers know they have our support.

Thank you to the new Administration who appears to be making the tough decisions. Thank you to the Coaching staff who also make tough decision with who  to play and when to play them etc.

And of course to the players who are in the trenches and must perform despite niggling injuries, mental and emotional challenges and the pressure of representing a nation.

We are in your corner ALL THE WAY.

Don't be afraid to pull the trigger when the opportunity is there . . .things WILL happen.

Proud to be T&T to de BONE
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:14:46 PM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 07:21:18 PM »
Let’s go warriors we can beat Mexico
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 07:21:52 PM »
Proud of these guys, proud of this coach, proud of this adminstration. Goes to show, when we all move in the same direction, we could make things shake. Let's go TT, some pull, some push, is up we going.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 07:24:04 PM »
I felt a aire of optimism from some of the decisions made by the Association since late last year. And almost as if a new spirit arrived in our football that translated into better results and now better performances on the park.  This Goal Cup tournament his been inspirational to me. I've missed following my team. To be honest I'm not even surprised by the good performances performances. Even against Estonia and Romania I saw better passing and overlapping runs etc.

I can't say how encouraged I am because I feel we have a legitimate chance of progressing even further in this competition.  If we 'run with blood in our shoes' and remain focused we will show CONCACAF we're back regardless of the result.

To the players I would like to thank them for the efforts and urge them push harder now. We believe in you , lets finish off the Mexicans.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 07:37:26 PM »
Great win last night guys... i know we can beat Mexico on Saturday. This team is giving us great hope and belief in T&T football once again.

We may be overly critical sometimes without fully understanding what it is to be out there, but at the end of the day, we are the fans and we still depend on you to be our Warriors for T&T.

Go Warriors Go!
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 08:00:35 PM »
Let the events of the 2000 Gold Cup be their motivation! We made to the semis back then I am sure we can go all the way this year!

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 08:14:16 PM »
We as fans want to see you guys do good, because you guys represent our country, so when you put that uniform on, we expect nothing less than 100% from you. We will love you through thick and thin as long as we see you guys really giving an effort and not the star boy behavior. You guys fought in both the first and last game, and we appreciate it. Thank you!!

To the senior players, please continue to show your professionalism and help groom the younger players, who will one day take your positions.
To the new players who joined us on this competition, thank you, and we look forward to seeing you dawn the Red White and Black for future games as well. Now go out against Mexico and mash dem up, if we lose, then, do it fighting till the end, and that will also make us proud!!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 08:17:40 PM »
Gents give thanks, for all that you have achieved thus far.

Thank you to all those who got us to where we are today, including past coaches, players and staff.

It is a journey, and while we are not at our best, we are good enough to beat all the opponents put before us. Mexico will feel the hurt come saturday.

To all the players realise this...you are special, you are representing all of us in the diaspora and here at home.

Those in the stands who travelled far and wide and who spent their hard earned money and take pressure to see you, all they want is repayment in effort and commitment...which is why alyuh does get cuss when alyuh pull stones.

While it may be war on the field, dont feel those in the stands ent taking pressure too from the opposing fans.

Lastly, things home ent nice...its plenty death, suffering, corruption, Jack vs Kamla and ketch arse. Even those who have money...they taking real pressure, either to get the wealth, maintain what they have or they living in fear from bandits.

The 90 minutes you guys are on the field, give us an escape and when victorious a moment of joy to savor. You guys are the small blessing to help us forget the pressure down here and we appreciate every one of you. Thank you again for all your efforts and may you continue to be a source of joy and pride to your nation.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 08:23:09 PM »
Win, lose or draw... RED, WHITE and BLACK FOREVER!

1]; } ?>