April 24, 2024, 08:26:07 AM

Author Topic: A message to the T&T football team.  (Read 13175 times)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A message to the T&T football team.
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2013, 08:30:21 PM »
I was at the game last night and I have to say my heart swelled to see the effort and SKILL on display. When the team saluted the fans at the end and the fans retuurned the tribute... well the connection was real. Good luck to the team.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2013, 08:41:36 PM »
thanks Jah (Gol) for reminding that this started before the players even kick a ball.  It actually began with the administration. They took plenty flak, they made changes; took daring risks, and now it is paying off.

So to the team, great job once again and De win against Mexico is quite attainable.  To the administration, whom I have so readily run-up meh mouth against; allow me to do so one more time...

Great Job to Mr. Tim Kee and his team for showing initiative and taking the bull by the horns even when others couldn't and many hoped that he wouldn't. Ballz of steel so far!

Keep working hard for TnT- football sirs and madaams!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2013, 08:46:22 PM »
Good job by the Administration.

The plan was to get the football world talking about Trinidad and Tobago and get the fan base energized again. I dare say they have succeeded. Hopefully this leads to better friendlies and invitations, then a move up the rankings and makes our players more attractive to potential clubs.

Play your best guys. We are all proud of you.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 09:22:56 PM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2013, 08:50:44 PM »
Gents give thanks, for all that you have achieved thus far.

Thank you to all those who got us to where we are today, including past coaches, players and staff.

It is a journey, and while we are not at our best, we are good enough to beat all the opponents put before us. Mexico will feel the hurt come saturday.

To all the players realise this...you are special, you are representing all of us in the diaspora and here at home.

Those in the stands who travelled far and wide and who spent their hard earned money and take pressure to see you, all they want is repayment in effort and commitment...which is why alyuh does get cuss when alyuh pull stones.

While it may be war on the field, dont feel those in the stands ent taking pressure too from the opposing fans.

Lastly, things home ent nice...its plenty death, suffering, corruption, Jack vs Kamla and ketch arse. Even those who have money...they taking real pressure, either to get the wealth, maintain what they have or they living in fear from bandits.

The 90 minutes you guys are on the field, give us an escape and when victorious a moment of joy to savor. You guys are the small blessing to help us forget the pressure down here and we appreciate every one of you. Thank you again for all your efforts and may you continue to be a source of joy and pride to your nation.

Lovely and deadly honest piece of writing by Touches.
Also fantastic leadership example set by Flex in shaping this thread and giving people a space to be just grateful without being criticized for doing so.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2013, 09:35:50 PM »
Warriors have a tough game but Mexico can be beaten, we hve to go toe to toe with them with the marking and tracking  and we have to shoot more. I am hoping Birchie get a run out and let loose that cannon he have

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2013, 09:48:42 PM »
want to say thanks to the administration,technical and coaching staff and players for working sooo hard to make T&T proud those home and abroad.
your efforts do not go unnoticed and in dis day of social media please remember you are our ambassadors.

thank you Mr Tim Kee for giving us hope after 7 appalling years of football

thank you Mr Phillip of bringing some sporting administrative professionalism for a sport dat needs it

thank you Mr Hart a SWO member for heeding the call

thank you Mr Charles and Mr King for putting T&T before self. 

thank you players for playing like warriors

finally by best moment so far in this Gold Cup is not seeing those 4 goals we scored so far, or Jan Michael save against El Salvador all good but is to see Cornell injured after de Molino goal against Honduras,knowing he couldn't go no more,still celebrating on de ground. Now dais ah warrior !!!!   
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 09:51:17 PM by royal »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2013, 09:56:43 PM »
the coach and team have my full support, win, lose or draw, we need to start re-building from somewhere :beermug:

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2013, 09:59:49 PM »
let us invoke the spirit of a few years ago on the road to germany when we thrashed those mexicans in our backyard.  in football anything is possible and i know that our warriors with the support of those at home and in the diaspora can do the task at hand..vibes it up!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2013, 10:15:03 PM »
Congrats to the players, coaches and administration... I particularly want to single out Coach Stephen Hart and General Secretary, Sheldon Phillips for praise for their stewardship in righting the severly listing ship that was Trinidad Football.  Unfortunately I couldn't find a bar in Miami showing last night's game and had to settle for a bootleg stream that was more banner and adware than stream, so I can't really assess the players. 

I still mad allyuh sell mih ah cat in bag... good game against El Sal... followed by ah serious pile in the one game ah make, against Haiti. But it is very encouraging given the dispirited performance against Haiti, to see the fight, commitment and execution of the players.  Great result against Honduras... I don't care who say it was a A, B or C team.  Those 11 players in white didn't lie down and roll over, not even after they were rightly reduced to 10. 

I will offer something that Leroy DeLeon said to his son Nick as the youngster prepared to play a key match for DC United.  He told him something to the effect of "you have to believe you are the best player on the pitch... that you can do whatever you set your mind to."  We all know there are bigger names in the Mexican lineup, but they put their pants on one leg at a time just like you do.  Stick to your fundamentals, stick to your coaching, play your game and shock the world fellas  :beermug:

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2013, 11:03:13 PM »

Hey guys I personally have never siad anything derogative about anybody that plays or has played for the natinal team and there are many reasons for that.
I love football and recognise how talented you have to be to play on the national team

To be picked to play for Trinidad and Tobago means you are in the top 30 or 40 footballers in the land

If I was talented enough to make the national team then that qualifies me to make bad comments.

It is my right as a fan to criticise performances but never to denigrate a player as some do.

The best thing a fan could ask for is for the team to win every game it plays, in sport no team has ever been able to do that.

The realistic expectation is the team plays the best it can and when you as players put on the Red White and Black you play for yourself, for me and most importantly your nation.

I am happy to know the comments that people make hurt you because then we know how much you care and how much hard work you have done.

This team is the best team T&T has right now, you are the best players T&T has right now.

GO FORWARD and make us PROUD
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2013, 01:08:05 AM »
WELL DONE to all our players, to the head coach SH & the rest of the management team for a good job so far in this Gold Cup!

Your performances against El Salvador & Honduras have given T&T football fans and supporters around the world hope that things are now on the up and we can soon restore our football back to the world class level and respect that we commanded back in 2006.
Hopefully with our performances in this tournament we can bring our football back to a high level of respect within the CONCACAF region and from there move our football up to an even higher level that can regularly match any of the top teams on world stage in the days, weeks, months & years to come!

Let’s show the world that we are truly Soca Warriors and Fighters who should never ever be written off in any football tournament once we put on our red white and black uniforms!!

Maximus Dan - Fighter
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pPxN8BAdVVA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pPxN8BAdVVA</a>

All the best against the Mexicans on Saturday!! If you continue to play like you did again Honduras and improve on your possession, speed of movement on and off the ball and finishing of chances you will create as a result then I can see T&T pulling off a shock result against the Mexicans that will soon have the world and the some of these biased commentators all singing another tune where T&T football is concerned.

And remember guys, our team has no room for prim-donnas, and no one is guaranteed a spot under SH if they do not perform their designated roles and so justify their spot and time on the field. And finally let’s keep the ball, move it forward with patience and skill and make sure we take more shots at goal than the Mexicans are allowed to do at ours on Saturday as goals win matches.

Everyone on our team is important, including those sitting on the bench because "Together We Aspire & Together We Will Achieve!"  :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 01:31:55 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline 9th wonder

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2013, 03:41:29 AM »
 To my Trinidad & Tobago National team, It has always been a kinda marriage situation with u guys. Because no matter  how much u guys piss
me off at times, i never stop showing my luv and support for T&T football. I know what T&T Is capable of when it comes to Football, and every time i sit to watch a game.  I think to myself today is the day, they going to empress me and play the way i know they are capable of playing. The Honduras Game gave me a slight glimpse from certain players of that. they showed aggressiveness, and urgency at times and the opportunities came. Special shout outs to Molino,Glenn and Cyrus . Good luck going forward "Warriors Forever".

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2013, 07:01:52 AM »
My friends laugh at me and say I am a succor for Trinidad & Tobago football. I tell them in life one has to be passionate about something.
 Since the glamour boys- Malvern days to today- T&T gives me goosepimples and a racing heart , when ever they play. Johnny walker black is my only companion , when the boys don the red - white- black. I told my Honduran friends on Monday that we were going to win 2-0.
 2-0 we did with plenty prayers. Come Saturday the scoreline will be the same- T&T 2 vs Mexico 0

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2013, 07:04:21 AM »
I am backing Kenwyne and Glen to buss net this Saturday.

Come on guys, fall on your knees and ask the all mighty for guidance, favor and strength to get pass the Mexicans.

Good luck to the Soca Warriors team.

Come on King Kenwyne lead your troops with dignity and heart !!!!

Love you T&T..

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2013, 07:13:22 AM »
Come on guys, lets get some more positive messages to de fellas, they need all the support they can get.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2013, 07:33:51 AM »
Good Luck Warriors!!!

Play with heart and you will always have our support!!

Win Lose or Draw!!! I supporting 110%

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2013, 08:16:58 AM »
I am glad to see this thread!  Far too often we are caught complaining about anything and everything and we doesn't often offer kind nor encouraging words so I like this a lot.  I am always a proud warrior win lose or draw and I am happy to see our warriors get a good result and looking good in the process.  Though sometimes shaky all our defenders at one point or another have been eye catching in the group stage and to think we have a few others who can still fill roles gives me lots of optimism.  The midfield is looking very good and with a few more games under our current HC I can envision even better play.  To our forwards keep going!  Everybody here know I does defend meh boy KJ to de bone so I am happy that he has finally pleased many of us with his impact thus far.  Not to be left out is his leadership that was very much evident when he was graced with the captain's armband.  Despite how we often sound I know is because we passionate.  Sometimes ah does want to tell man tone dong de negativity buh as fans we only get so frustrated because we care! 

So fellas when allyuh read de forum doh take de tings we say personal because is all in love fuh team and country!
To the staff and the new and improved TTFA thank you for all your efforts and keep it going.  We the diehards will always be here, the waggonist an dem comin jess now doh fraid!

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2013, 08:46:48 AM »
Well done Flex for the thread.

Warriors best of luck Saturday! I will be there in the Dome supporting hard. Congrats to the coaching staff for making the necessary adjustments to have the best team, formation and style of play to make the players available to you be successful as a team. As a coach that's all you can ask for! I'm looking forward to the Mexico game....a very winable game if we fight hard as a unit!  :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2013, 08:53:51 AM »
Congratulations to the team on the big win against Honduras and qualification to the quarterfinals.

By any measure, this tournament has been an unqualified success. With limited preparations and a far from ideal lead up to the Gold Cup, I personally wasn't expecting much. Speaking to Mr. Beenhakker in NJ, he indicated as much when he said that this tournament was more about gauging the level we are at. So to get to the quarterfinals is to be applauded.

Kudos to Mr. Tim Kee, Mr. Phillips, Mr. Fuentes and the rest of the administration for the renewed spirit and energy that has been brought into our national team program. As a long suffering fan, its been a long time since we've had much to be cheerful about with T&T football, so its refreshing to see the initiatives, the new direction and some semblance of a "feel good" factor back again.

Special big up to Stephen Hart, Leo Beenhakker and the entire coaching staff for putting a team together with less than ideal prep and no warmup matches to compete and qualify. I hope that you guys continue the good work and take it forward from here to get us back to the level we know we can reach.

To all of the players, congrats on the accomplishment! Let us not rest on our laurels, I say let us push on from here and let our new goal be to win the entire tournament!! Recognize this is an opportunity for a defining moment in your careers and wear your heart on your sleeve. Leave it all out on the pitch. Believe!!

Also don't take the criticism on here personal, at the end of the day we are all on this forum because we all love T&T football and want to see it prosper. Keep everything in perspective, you will get over pong when you fail and over big up when you succeed, its just the nature of fandom in this information age. As professional footballers its going to be a part and parcel of the game, and well just to add to that we are Trinis and notoriously hard to please.  ;)

Finally, big up Flex for this initiative. As a resource for T&T football fans, let us look for more ways to positively contribute to the team's success. This new administration should be treated as a new beginning, let us see how best the SWO could be a stakeholder from here forward.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 08:58:24 AM by dinho »

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2013, 09:08:26 AM »
Warriors thanks for being positive,I am enjoying the rush
Just remember to bring the effort and Warrior fighting sprit,my day will be made
SH said his goal was to get to the quater final,now we have achieved that our goal should be to win it all,one game at a time
Jah bless

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2013, 11:01:45 AM »
All de best Team T&T!

Had some time on meh hands so come up wit dis lil bit a chupidness.  Allyuh doh cuss meh too much.

Portrait of Trinidad & Tobago

Taken from the original Portrait of Trinidad by the Mighty Sniper with some lyrical "adaptations"

T&T is my team and of which I am proud and glad
But I can't understand why some people does talk it bad
All ah them wey running they mouth
Doh know what they talkin bout
They will paint here black every day
And the right things they will never say

Kenwyne Jones has been rated among the best
he take and passed every test
And put us right alongside the best
Our spirit is the greatest one of its kind
Our talent and potential is really refined
So you see my friends this is a real King Solomon's mine

We have come a long way in a real short period of time
From a place of darkness where people rob we football blind
Of course we have we delinquents to face, just like any other place
But this is a brand new day, so my people hear what I say

Because my team is daily making progress
Without any form of stupidness
And in this way we must gain success
For when we moving, we all move as one body
No bickering between you and me
All for the benefit of T&T

Keon Daniel, Carter, Joevin Jones, Hyland and Power
Marvin Phillips, Birchall, Theobald & Abu Bakr
Cyrus, David, Hoyte & Mitchell
Go give all de opposition hell
Edwards, Gay, Glen, Boucaud, Molino
Roberts, John, Gonzales good to go

So beware all teams, this I want you recall
It doesn't matter if you big or small
On the field we out to play ball
We come out to win, fear & intimidation is nil
Positive vibes reinforced within
And we team and fans say tek goal in yuh pweffen

We are Soca Warriors, from a land called sweet T&T
Whoever playing we, know that we play for we country
Play with Pride, Passion, and Skill
Whatever de outcome still
We will support I'll tell you why
Soca Warriors until we die

Because my people doh mind when we cuss and frown
Sometimes our sorrows we will even drown
in some carib, puncheon and rum
T&T...this lovely land of our birth
Our team small but overwhelming in worth
And for us we team is the greatest team on de earth

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ragga

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2013, 11:25:29 AM »
ah like dis.. POSITIVE VIBRATIONS !! (thx for bringing it out Flex).

Offline damiangoal

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2013, 11:31:06 AM »
 :)
WELL DONE to all our players, to the head coach SH & the rest of the management team for a good job so far in this Gold Cup! :)

Your performances against El Salvador & Honduras have given T&T football fans and supporters around the world hope that things are now on the up and we can soon restore our football back to the world class level and respect that we commanded back in 2006.
Hopefully with our performances in this tournament we can bring our football back to a high level of respect within the CONCACAF region and from there move our football up to an even higher level that can regularly match any of the top teams on world stage in the days, weeks, months & years to come!

Let’s show the world that we are truly Soca Warriors and Fighters who should never ever be written off in any football tournament once we put on our red white and black uniforms!!

Maximus Dan - Fighter
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pPxN8BAdVVA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pPxN8BAdVVA</a>

All the best against the Mexicans on Saturday!! If you continue to play like you did again Honduras and improve on your possession, speed of movement on and off the ball and finishing of chances you will create as a result then I can see T&T pulling off a shock result against the Mexicans that will soon have the world and the some of these biased commentators all singing another tune where T&T football is concerned.

And remember guys, our team has no room for prim-donnas, and no one is guaranteed a spot under SH if they do not perform their designated roles and so justify their spot and time on the field. And finally let’s keep the ball, move it forward with patience and skill and make sure we take more shots at goal than the Mexicans are allowed to do at ours on Saturday as goals win matches.

Everyone on our team is important, including those sitting on the bench because "Together We Aspire & Together We Will Achieve!"  :beermug:
This video reminded me of the 2006 WC campaign. No Guts, no glory! The Mexicans don't have home advantage so grind them into the dust. It's all about the Warrior Spirit!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2013, 11:35:35 AM »
nah...dem is a set ah shithongs....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2013, 11:36:06 AM »
just joking of course...

tnt forever....play de fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2013, 11:50:39 AM »
Good thread. Too often, the negative criticism over shadows the positive vibes.

Show Mexico that T&T footballers can rise to the occasion.

Good luck guys.   :beermug:

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2013, 12:15:20 PM »
Good luck to the T&T team and staff.

Maybe Lasana or Fuentes could do a piece on this to show we behind them all the way?

giggsy11

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2013, 12:30:06 PM »
Thank you for an enjoyable match against Honduras and your effort. Best wishes fellas against Mehico; you can do it! 

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2013, 12:58:05 PM »
Oh Ponchinello little fellow  ;)
Live large and prosper!

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2013, 01:18:34 PM »
Audentis fortuna iuvat- Fortune favors the brave!

As warriors you have fought and continue to excel with little to no preparation. I commend both the team and the training staff for their exemplary display of hard work and professionalism. Good Luck!
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

1]; } ?>