March 28, 2024, 03:06:28 PM

Author Topic: Goodbye to my American dream  (Read 6075 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye to my American dream
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2013, 12:29:37 AM »
No need to leave the country. Maybe she should just spend less time around white Americans.  Some of them does get comfortable and their mouth does get loose with all kinda inappropriatenesses.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2013, 03:23:36 AM »
She is cute. DHW back off! ;D

i thought u is/was a chick?
She is, but she's just quoting DHW who is all tiger and raring to pounce.   :laugh:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

giggsy11

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2013, 10:09:23 AM »
She is cute. DHW back off! ;D

i thought u is/was a chick?
She is, but she's just quoting DHW who is all tiger and raring to pounce.   :laugh:

Yep ;) Damn, JC, what is the world coming to? ;D

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2013, 11:35:28 AM »
with all the moving around she has done sounds as if she is looking for her identity....the thing is she has an exit strategy as soon as things don't work out so she'll probably be searching again
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 11:45:07 AM by MEP »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2013, 01:01:09 PM »
with all the moving around she has done sounds as if she is looking for her identity....the thing is she has an exit strategy as soon as things don't work out so she'll probably be searching again

Pretty much... wait 'til she get a taste of TnT, with she American sensibilities.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2013, 01:42:52 PM »

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2013, 04:21:06 PM »
Enjoyed the article. I remembered going back to T&T and experienced some backlash at a particular job because folks believed that I was 'coming to take their jobs'. It took a while but everyone was cool with me. She is young so she can return to the US if things do not work out but I hope it works out for her in TnT.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2013, 06:57:46 PM »
I was listening to NPR this evening, and since it was the 500th 'This American Life' show they played a couple of their most memorable clips over the years. One of the clips reminded me of this thread so I went back and found the original episode. At the time when katrina hit I heard rumblings and grumblings but I wasn't living among black people and somehow wasn't tuned in. So hearing this now was poignant to me.  After the Flood

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2013, 09:14:01 AM »
where were she living though? some southern country side or something?

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2013, 02:13:01 PM »

Pretty much... wait 'til she get a taste of TnT, with she American sensibilities.

i didn't want to be a cynic but i thought about this also.   on a side note i remember years ago reading an article in a local daily about ato boldon's wife at the time having to get used to the pace of trini life.

1]; } ?>