April 17, 2024, 09:30:06 PM

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones must hit the ground running, says Mark Bowen  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones must hit the ground running, says Mark Bowen
« on: July 18, 2013, 08:03:33 AM »
Kenwyne Jones must hit the ground running, says Mark Bowen
The Sentinel

STOKE'S new management team admit to mixed feelings about Kenwyne Jones and his on-going commitments with Trinidad & Tobago in the CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States.

They are happy to see him doing well for his country after he scored to propel them to Saturday's quarter-final meeting with Mexico.

But they would be even happier if the powerhouse striker was back in the Potteries working with the rest of his club colleagues.

"Being new to the club and players, it would be better to have him here," said assistant manager Mark Bowen.

"But we know he will be match fit and raring to go when he does join up with us.

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones must hit the ground running, says Mark Bowen
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 08:25:56 AM »
Looks like he will be staying.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 08:32:46 AM »
if that man applies himself he can be drogba-esc .....hope d new management encourage him to use his feet more...because he can
I pity the fool....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 11:11:04 AM »
Sometimes i does get irate with bosses, the worse is when i running the show.. ::)
"I'm not sure how high the standard is over there, but we expect him to hit the ground running when he returns."
Well take a look at his play nah ? yuh might see something yuh could use..

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 12:34:53 PM »
Sometimes i does get irate with bosses, the worse is when i running the show.. ::)
"I'm not sure how high the standard is over there, but we expect him to hit the ground running when he returns."

He talkin the way half the premier league talks about Stoke.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 01:51:27 PM »

That will require too much effort on their part....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 02:59:29 PM »

That will require too much effort on their part....
unfortunately that is why I don't go out of the way to watch them(league football) much either, unless one of my caribbean players on..otherwise if it on, and i ain't doing nothing, ah take a look...The big hopla bout ManU and meh father team Arsenal, and the rest...dun with that...when them start taking a little more interest in us, i go take more interest in dem...ah went and donate meh old Liverpool and Arsenal shirts to the Salvation army...meh Yorke Manu ah think ah cut it up...just have a Yorke TT now

add: ah wonder if Crouch could hit the ground doing the worm, to add to he robot
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 03:04:17 PM by maxg »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 03:58:23 PM »
Well Salvation army is a good place for  Liverpool and Arsenal shirts....
but why yuh put yuh yorke shirt on ebay ?
Anyway..dais why Stoke will always be a mediocre team..ah supportin KJ  I want him do well enough to get to a better club...but typical English tink they know the game better than everynody else...

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 04:01:10 PM »

Well said there, breda.
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 05:18:45 PM »

Have you considered that the question was hypothetical... meaning he was making a statement and not really asking a question?  Allyuh does let allyuh self get rile up over everything English.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 07:47:57 PM »

Have you considered that the question was hypothetical... meaning he was making a statement and not really asking a question?  Allyuh does let allyuh self get rile up over everything English.
even as a statement it more wrong...cause they had to have a crutch to get by we, and other teams in the tournament has over the last few world cups proven their mettle, on a consistent basis, time and again...especially same Mexico we have to battle tomorrow..Bakes you only givin meh a card cause ah dump the Pool shirt..is ok. Support yuh team man  ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 08:31:38 AM »
even as a statement it more wrong...cause they had to have a crutch to get by we, and other teams in the tournament has over the last few world cups proven their mettle, on a consistent basis, time and again...especially same Mexico we have to battle tomorrow..Bakes you only givin meh a card cause ah dump the Pool shirt..is ok. Support yuh team man  ;D

They put two goals past we keeper and even if Crouch didn't foul Sancho we hardly threatened them with the decidely defensive game we played.  The quality of football in CONCACAF isn't high, we probably on par with Asia and better than only Oceania right now.

giggsy11

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 09:04:39 AM »
Stoke's fans are looking for their side to move away from the Pulis/old English type of play. Long throws and long balls forward. Hughes as a manager appears to "fancy" himself as more "cultivated" manager, since leaving Blackburn and Wales. And as a result has attempted to draft players that will play a more "cultured" type of football, in an effort to show that his sides can play attractive football. So that being said Jones, will need to bring more to the table than, waiting for crosses in the box to find him, if he wants to get consistent play in the team or even last. Crouch may not even last in the team, since he has his own limitations as a player.

1]; } ?>