March 28, 2024, 03:57:38 PM

Author Topic: Waggonist Thread.  (Read 4495 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Waggonist Thread.
« on: July 20, 2013, 03:01:23 PM »
All aboard!!!

The wagon train!!

don't mean to make this a negative thread moments before the big game, but i'm compelled to do this just before bc i know if we lose this game which is highly likely, nuff members will be vomiting their guts out and laying blame on the players the staff and the federation.

i see it have nuff faces who for ah long time has not been on the board and they feel like the have all right to dog and insult members who was in the mix right through, ah even hear ah man say that i had no life bc i was on the board right through with 7000 plus post.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

these members are the ones who expect most from the team and when we under achieve they say that we're not good enough. go figure.

these are the same members when we were kicked out of the world cup by guyana never bothered to show their face to support the team or the site by supporting the thread for the caribbean cup games in st kitts, tobago and antigua for the degicel cup final round, as ah matter of fact there were only ah handful of members who visited the chat room and the site during games keeping the vibes alive.

it's only after we qualified for the gold cup, and as late as last month did we get some members back in the mix, but after the el salvador game, here comes the train again.

i just hope that the team gets the support from the members win or lose! we came from far, with no money and very little help from the ministry! the boys gave their all and i couldn't ask for anything more.

allyuh must remember that this mexican team has about six Olympic players on board, and the rest who ply their trade in the mexican league, so they will force errors and disrupt our defense and more than likely take their chances well, and it will take a gallant effort to get pass them, so lets not get carried away or dog the players post game, shall we.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 04:06:06 AM by Flex »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: All aboard!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 03:17:24 PM »
Any links for tonight??!! :frustrated:

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 03:49:58 PM »
doh worry yuhself JC. We got this one. More room on the wagon for the semifinals  :beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 03:56:07 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zjOBOp1qY9s&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zjOBOp1qY9s&amp;</a>
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 05:34:17 PM »
Can't get away from that. My brother-in-law did not even watch the Honduras game and then asking me where "we" watching the quarterfinal.  ;D

0-0 45 minutes into it. Let's see how the second half goes.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 07:42:36 PM »
The wagon train!!

don't mean to make this a negative thread moments before the big game, but i'm compelled to do this just before bc i know if we lose this game which is highly likely, nuff members will be vomiting their guts out and laying blame on the players the staff and the federation.

i see it have nuff faces who for ah long time has not been on the board and they feel like the have all right to dog and insult members who was in the mix right through, ah even hear ah man say that i had no life bc i was on the board right through with 7000 plus post.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

these members are the ones who expect most from the team and when we under achieve they say that we're not good enough. go figure.

these are the same members when we were kicked out of the world cup by guyana never bothered to show their face to support the team or the site by supporting the thread for the caribbean cup games in st kitts, tobago and antigua for the degicel cup final round, as ah matter of fact there were only ah handful of members who visited the chat room and the site during games keeping the vibes alive.

it's only after we qualified for the gold cup, and as late as last month did we get some members back in the mix, but after the el salvador game, here comes the train again.

i just hope that the team gets the support from the members win or lose! we came from far, with no money and very little help from the ministry! the boys gave their all and i couldn't ask for anything more.

allyuh must remember that this mexican team has about six Olympic players on board, and the rest who ply their trade in the mexican league, so they will force errors and disrupt our defense and more than likely take their chances well, and it will take a gallant effort to get pass them, so lets not get carried away or dog the players post game, shall we.
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=55215.msg780354#msg780354
Ah notice you think it only had 5 ppl on the board yah know .

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 08:50:41 PM »
Allyuh need to ease up this "waggon/waggonist" talk.  Man had good reason to not get emotionally invested in TnT football after the blacklist.  That and some ah allyuh same man was complaining about how dead de forum was.  If people come and bringing life tuh de forum, or finally feeling optimistic about we football... enough to post, then more power to them.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 10:25:46 PM »
Hey this nah, JC...believe it or not, someone's status as a true Soca Warrior supporter isn't tied to their necessarily being registered on this site.  Ah mean, this is indeed a great forum, but I know die-hard supporters who do not use the man's internet, and they barely know this site exist.  People like me been following Trini football at all levels since before the Strike Squad days when I was a teen...but, i'm not really de 'posting' on de internet kinda' person during games where I'm not there in person...or during those periods when we have no games. 

I know there's a lot of truth to what you're saying, because it have real true wagonists out there who only jump on the bandwagon at certain times, then they disappear soon after.  But my main point is that you cannot put everyone in that category just because they 'barely' post on this forum.  I'll venture to say that most of the die-hards out there not registered on this site or any other site.  Most people are just not the social-media-posting-constant-updates-like Twitter & Facebook kinda' people.  To each their own, breda.   

Btw, I love this forum, but I personally don't always post on here, though I mostly prefer to read through the various comments (EVEN when we have no games and no competitions etc).  The comments are real kicks and entertaining and makes my day go faster.  And I mean that in a good way...no sarcasm.    :beermug:     
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 12:31:44 AM »
Allyuh need to ease up this "waggon/waggonist" talk.  Man had good reason to not get emotionally invested in TnT football after the blacklist.  That and some ah allyuh same man was complaining about how dead de forum was.  If people come and bringing life tuh de forum, or finally feeling optimistic about we football... enough to post, then more power to them.
You always have to set the record straight eh??

them same man who yuh defenin was callin ppl wagonist after the WC, so i say what's good for one good for all, and is true!

they stayed away from the board bc we was losing, them is the same men who used to bragg about how we better than jamaica and guatemala them, but when we started losing they couldn't show they face.

like you eh notice that when we came last in the hex ah group ah man stop posting? then when grenada beat we out the gold cup another bunch laid off, and the guyana game was the last straw.

after that heart ache there were only ah few members talkin football. ppl had all kinda cynical slogans in their post and was making little snide remarks to the effect as to say "fack T&T football".

now we begin the rebuilding process and started showing ah little progress, here they come doggin and demanding things of the players with all their high expectations in tow.

i made the thread mainly bc when we lose, these same men does malign the players and the coach, so i make the thread to remind them that mexico is no push over and we should support the team no matter what the out come, bc the team came from far to be where they are today.   so relax yuhself dude.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 12:39:03 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 12:35:19 AM »
Hey this nah, JC...believe it or not, someone's status as a true Soca Warrior supporter isn't tied to their necessarily being registered on this site.  Ah mean, this is indeed a great forum, but I know die-hard supporters who do not use the man's internet, and they barely know this site exist.  People like me been following Trini football at all levels since before the Strike Squad days when I was a teen...but, i'm not really de 'posting' on de internet kinda' person during games where I'm not there in person...or during those periods when we have no games. 

I know there's a lot of truth to what you're saying, because it have real true wagonists out there who only jump on the bandwagon at certain times, then they disappear soon after.  But my main point is that you cannot put everyone in that category just because they 'barely' post on this forum.  I'll venture to say that most of the die-hards out there not registered on this site or any other site.  Most people are just not the social-media-posting-constant-updates-like Twitter & Facebook kinda' people.  To each their own, breda.   

Btw, I love this forum, but I personally don't always post on here, though I mostly prefer to read through the various comments (EVEN when we have no games and no competitions etc).  The comments are real kicks and entertaining and makes my day go faster.  And I mean that in a good way...no sarcasm.    :beermug:     
:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 12:43:28 AM »
Soca Warriors played good. The match could have gone either way.. Thanks boys for resurrecting our football!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 01:14:44 AM »

Breds i was referring to forum members, not the T&T football fraternity.

i would think when i started this thread that i wouldn't have to turn around and explain what i meant or what my intentions were. i'd also have to be the farmers jacka$$ to think that if you're not a member of the SWO you're not a true fan, ah mean this is elementary guys, why even go there?  :frustrated:

as for the members whom i was referring to, you wasn't here when they was holding others to the same standard, you wasn't here when they welcomed ppl with impunity, you wasn't here when they all ganged up on me bc i had a difference of opinion.

in case you don't know it have some real fack up fellas on here who for the most part are extremely impolite and rude, and i catch it wid nuff ah dem for the short time i'm here, and had to put nuff ah dem in their place.

there are quite a few fellas on this site who cares nothing for me, and would love nothing better than to see me 86th from the site. but fack dem i will still buss my talk, and if they don't like it, then they could lay down by it!    too fackin bad.

my point is, the team rebuilding, and we should not have unrealistic expectations only bc we want to go to work and bragg to our central american and jamaican friends/coworkers that we are better than them, and when the lads fail them they cuss out the team and management and gone runnin back to barca and milan again to hide out under pretty football and glory hunting, until the team starts doing good again.

as ah T&T fan who following our football since i was ah lil fella, i have never seen anyone who cared for our football, and for the first time since i following this game i have seen a federation president and a coach who have our best interest @ heart.

for the first time in 20 odd yrs i am optimistic about the future of T&T football, bc i love and support T&T football regardless of who in charge and i'm extremely glad that finally a good man has the reins of our football, and the immediate future looks bright.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 01:17:18 AM »
The wagon train!!

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=55215.msg780354#msg780354
Ah notice you think it only had 5 ppl on the board yah know .
Come on bro, stop taking things so literal. i was speaking figuratively.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
Re: Waggonist Thread.
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 05:06:07 AM »

Breds i was referring to forum members, not the T&T football fraternity.

i would think when i started this thread that i wouldn't have to turn around and explain what i meant or what my intentions were. i'd also have to be the farmers jacka$$ to think that if you're not a member of the SWO you're not a true fan, ah mean this is elementary guys, why even go there?  :frustrated:

as for the members whom i was referring to, you wasn't here when they was holding others to the same standard, you wasn't here when they welcomed ppl with impunity, you wasn't here when they all ganged up on me bc i had a difference of opinion.

in case you don't know it have some real fack up fellas on here who for the most part are extremely impolite and rude, and i catch it wid nuff ah dem for the short time i'm here, and had to put nuff ah dem in their place.

there are quite a few fellas on this site who cares nothing for me, and would love nothing better than to see me 86th from the site. but fack dem i will still buss my talk, and if they don't like it, then they could lay down by it!    too fackin bad.

my point is, the team rebuilding, and we should not have unrealistic expectations only bc we want to go to work and bragg to our central american and jamaican friends/coworkers that we are better than them, and when the lads fail them they cuss out the team and management and gone runnin back to barca and milan again to hide out under pretty football and glory hunting, until the team starts doing good again.

as ah T&T fan who following our football since i was ah lil fella, i have never seen anyone who cared for our football, and for the first time since i following this game i have seen a federation president and a coach who have our best interest @ heart.

for the first time in 20 odd yrs i am optimistic about the future of T&T football, bc i love and support T&T football regardless of who in charge and i'm extremely glad that finally a good man has the reins of our football, and the immediate future looks bright.

I hear yuh, dude...but I was referring to the 4th and 5th paragraphs in your post where you specifically bemoaned the fact that people who don't post on the site and support the site are somehow not true supporters, and that they're wagonists.  But semantics aside, I find it hard to believe that you took more abuse on this forum moreso than 'ReggaeFan' and newly minted proud whipping boy 'Coache'...hahahahaha

The reason I say that is because I've seen many of your posts over the past few weeks especially and found them to be quite thoughtful and full of some pretty good common-sense.  Unless I missed something that may have happened sometime before that, I never saw anything particularly wrong with your posts that would make one want to organize a campaign against you.  But again, maybe I missed out on some real drama on here...ah coulda' sat back with my popcorn and watch de fireworks.   :rotfl:  :beermug:   
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 09:56:26 AM »

them same man who yuh defenin was callin ppl wagonist after the WC, so i say what's good for one good for all, and is true!

they stayed away from the board bc we was losing, them is the same men who used to bragg about how we better than jamaica and guatemala them, but when we started losing they couldn't show they face.

like you eh notice that when we came last in the hex ah group ah man stop posting? then when grenada beat we out the gold cup another bunch laid off, and the guyana game was the last straw.

after that heart ache there were only ah few members talkin football. ppl had all kinda cynical slogans in their post and was making little snide remarks to the effect as to say "fack T&T football".

now we begin the rebuilding process and started showing ah little progress, here they come doggin and demanding things of the players with all their high expectations in tow.

i made the thread mainly bc when we lose, these same men does malign the players and the coach, so i make the thread to remind them that mexico is no push over and we should support the team no matter what the out come, bc the team came from far to be where they are today.   so relax yuhself dude.
Me and a few men get away yesterday ,he was just trying to settle the dust .I get up this morning ready to stop posting or deleting my account .I been on here 7 years and still no respect ,first cause I was new and now cause I didnt feel  to jump in the pit last year ,but I had done enough .

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2013, 10:06:38 AM »
Quags nah man. Is shit I was on last night. Why you want to retire now?
Youtube Channel

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2013, 10:11:18 AM »
All we need is......LOVE....... :devil:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2013, 12:18:32 PM »

Why you always acting like people supposed to tiptoe around you?  If you post something on the board some people will agree with it, and some will disagree.  Stop bitching about the disagreements and just accept them as part of the evolving conversation.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2013, 05:06:15 PM »
Lawd...a Trini here in the US just literally asked me what game we played yesterday...and if that game was a World Cup 2014 qualifier. 

*Sigh*   ???

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2013, 06:11:24 PM »
Lawd...a Trini here in the US just literally asked me what game we played yesterday...and if that game was a World Cup 2014 qualifier. 

*Sigh*   ???

Aye, Yuh eh know it have some real backward trini's here on U.S soil, is alot ah them here bro.. when ah tell yuh.. sometimes ah does shame fuh dem
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 06:14:43 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2013, 11:11:59 AM »

*Sigh*   ???

Aye, Yuh eh know it have some real backward trini's here on U.S soil, is alot ah them here bro.. when ah tell yuh.. sometimes ah does shame fuh dem

True talk right there, davyjenny1.  :beermug:

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2013, 12:28:37 PM »
u cyah real

*Sigh*   ???

U cyah really vex , cause not everyone into football and busy having to deal with the ins and outs of their own lives.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, 12:33:36 PM »

*Sigh*   ???

yuh should stifle that train ah thought...not becoming of a forward thinking fella such as yuhself..just an opinion.. Have a lot of way important things than TT football to many TTians..just be glad they bothered to ask..

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2013, 12:35:00 PM »
u cyah real

*Sigh*   ???

U cyah really vex , cause not everyone into football and busy having to deal with the ins and outs of their own lives.

sammy, tru dat...but I know these people personally.  And trust me, it's ALAYS the same story with them.  They ONLY like to jump on de bandwagon when something good happening. 

If the team makes it to WC 2018, these people I know who doh even pay attention, will then jump on de bandwagon, and will all of a sudden become Soca Warrior 'experts', until they lose a game...then it's back to business as usual.

Ah know them...they kinda' like family (but not quite).   :rotfl: 

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2013, 01:14:26 PM »

*Sigh*   ???

not only trinis in d US asking that question..Asked that by at least 4 pple right here in Trinidad.
Back in Trini...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Waggonist Thread.
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 01:31:12 PM »

*Sigh*   ???

not only trinis in d US asking that question..Asked that by at least 4 pple right here in Trinidad.

Because they dont read news or watch it. Some people totally clueless what going on in general
Youtube Channel

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2013, 02:23:09 PM »

No worries.
Retire because everything is fixed now.Very little left to be done in football or cricket that you boys can't handle.I can now just sit and just watch games.Piece out ppl.life beckons.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 02:26:50 PM by Qmire »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 03:14:08 PM »

No worries.
Retire because everything is fixed now.Very little left to be done in football or cricket that you boys can't handle.I can now just sit and just watch games.Piece out ppl.life beckons.

you, TT, Westcoast, Trinicana, Organic, Grande.... maybe Dutty soon to be, who else I missing?
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Waggonist Thread.
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2013, 03:18:06 PM »

No worries.

you, TT, Westcoast, Trinicana, Organic, Grande.... maybe Dutty soon to be, who else I missing?

West Coast still Alive? Strange how he stop abrupt like that. At least I might see the others pass through in a blue moon.
Youtube Channel

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2013, 03:44:11 PM »

No worries.

What about Reggaefan?  And Jamaican1609 or whatever else he call himself?

1]; } ?>