April 25, 2024, 05:24:31 PM

Author Topic: My ratings vs Mexico.  (Read 4881 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
My ratings vs Mexico.
« on: July 21, 2013, 06:25:17 AM »
21.Jan-Michael Williams - 7 - Was up to it, did very good.

6.Daneil Cyrus - 9 - Very good player, fast and confident. This man is a BEAST !!!!

32.Radanfah Abu Bakr - 8 - Did very good, I am surprised.

20.Seon Power - 8 - Save us a good few times well.

25.Aubrey David  - 7 - Did very good, I am surprised. Lost a few balls with bad passing, but did decent even though the goal came from his side.

12.Darryl Roberts - 6 - He is slow but fight hard. A for trying. Shot more bro, shoot more.

19.Keon Daniel - 6- Showed some fight, little weak and wasted 2 nice free kicks that I know he can score, but played much better than his 2 other games.

14.Andre Boucaud - 9 - Would have scored the goal of the tournament if that ball had gone in. This man is ah boss, he does fight hard, he can pass, he can shoot, what a player.

11.Carlos Edwards - 5- We need to keep a farewell game for Los, he done.

9.Kenwyne Jones - 7- Captain Trinbago, love how he playing now, but I wish he could bully more defenders and take more shots, but thank you KJ, you did very well.

13.Cornell Glen - 7 - De ole man still have great legs, Glen and Jones is a great combination.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: My ratings vs Mexico.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 07:50:48 AM »
Good ratings Sam, only strongly disagree w/one, JMW, would give him a 9 easily
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 09:56:57 AM »
21.Jan-Michael Williams - 9 - Finally looked confident and made some key stops.

6.Daneil Cyrus - 8 - Used his speed and size very very well. Showed some promise coming forward but didn't get to display it that much.

32.Radanfah Abu Bakr - 7 - Has some movement limitations as a CB but was very solid. Can be a commanding presence bac there.

20.Seon Power - 7 - Made some key tackles.

25.Aubrey David  - 6 - Showed some composure. Sometimes out of position. Did ok trying to venture forward. Looking tired by the end.

12.Darryl Roberts - 7 - My opinion is we could upgrade this position with someone more dynamic but you cannot fault his work ethic.

19.Keon Daniel - 5 - He's a fighter and works but I am not that impressed with his performance. Sometimes shows composure on the ball and can be good at dead-ball but his lack of pace and strength combined with his inability to complete incisive passes in the counter-attack really let us down. Molino looked much much better imo.

14.Andre Boucaud - 8 - Very impressed with his compsure, work rate, control, shooting etc.

11.Carlos Edwards - 6 - Worked hard but not his best game. Impact sub may be his best

9. Kenwyne Jones - 8 - Won almost every ball in the air. Didn't create a goal out of nothing/half-nothing as we were hoping but really proved he can trouble CONCACAF defenses immensely which his physical presence and skills.

13. Cornell Glen - 7 - Still have speed and now has a lot of wily moves. Really combined well with Kenwyne. We should be looking far and wide for a replacement for Glen. Size + speed combo up top will worry defenses.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 10:03:07 AM »
Good ratings Sam, only strongly disagree w/one, JMW, would give him a 9 easily

i agree, jw should be a 9.
abu bakr was a 7 for me.
keon daniel needs to make up his mind faster, takes too long on the ball.

boucaud is my favorite player.  one of the few players who pass,control and shoot.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 11:36:31 AM »
I'm no coach but it look to me that Keon Daniel had specific instructions to try and nullify the threat of Mexico's most dangerous player #8 Montes.  He was all over Montes whole game and if indeed those were instructions, then his contribution in this match was excellent IMO as Montes didn't have the same kind of impact he usually does.  Watch Mexico and you'll realize most of their offensive plays go through Montes.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 11:49:56 AM »
Although some slight differences in the ratings for JMW, I agree with the assessments from 'Sam' and 'sinned'. 

JMW rose to de occasion in this game --- I would rate him an 8. 

Boucard was quite impressive also...rating him an 8.  And even more impressive was the fact that the TV announcers finally got his name somewhat correct.  At least they didn't add an extra syllable.

Carlos was just-okay, and that's being kind.  His lack of being able to present a decent cross is still puzzling to me.  I rated him a 4.5 in this match, mainly because much more was expected from him.

Keon Daniel --- I got the distinct impression that he tried to play 'composed', but instead it came across as too 'relaxed' and he really didn't seem to have any urgency in his game.  This is one where I noticed it, and the TV announcers began to voice it (one of the few times I agreed with the insidious Americans).   

Anyway, I rated Keon a 5.

All in all though I was impressed with the collective team effort, and understand that it is indeed still a work in progress and that we're in a re-building phase.  SH did his best based on what he inherited, and the slight improvements slowly began to become evident as the tournament progressed.  I believe that 1 year from now, we will not recognize the team we saw in the past 6 years, with the team we'll see next year.  I believe we will see a more dynamic, focussed, and disciplined team in the future...and one that will be a team to contend with.

The days of T&T being football pushovers are coming to an end pretty soon.  GO SOCA WARRIORS!   :beermug:

The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 01:32:07 PM »
Although some slight differences in the ratings for JMW, I agree with the assessments from 'Sam' and 'sinned'. 

Boucard was quite impressive also...rating him an 8.  And even more impressive was the fact that the TV announcers finally got his name somewhat correct.  At least they didn't add an extra syllable.

Carlos was just-okay, and that's being kind.  His lack of being able to present a decent cross is still puzzling to me.  I rated him a 4.5 in this match, mainly because much more was expected from him.

Keon Daniel --- I got the distinct impression that he tried to play 'composed', but instead it came across as too 'relaxed' and he really didn't seem to have any urgency in his game.  This is one where I noticed it, and the TV announcers began to voice it (one of the few times I agreed with the insidious Americans).   

All in all though I was impressed with the collective team effort, and understand that it is indeed still a work in progress and that we're in a re-building phase.  SH did his best based on what he inherited, and the slight improvements slowly began to become evident as the tournament progressed.  I believe that 1 year from now, we will not recognize the team we saw in the past 6 years, with the team we'll see next year.  I believe we will see a more dynamic, focussed, and disciplined team in the future...and one that will be a team to contend with.

The days of T&T being football pushovers are coming to an end pretty soon.  GO SOCA WARRIORS!   :beermug:

They did, but you didn't.   ;)
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 01:51:40 PM »

Jeez...pardon de typo nah.  I meant to type:  'Boucaud'.   

But even my innocent typo still maintains TWO syllables in the man's name...unlike de THREE syllables they were adding when pronouncing his name last week on TV, eh.   :)

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 01:53:34 PM by OutsideMan »
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 01:57:21 PM »
I'm no coach but it look to me that Keon Daniel had specific instructions to try and nullify the threat of Mexico's most dangerous player #8 Montes.  He was all over Montes whole game and if indeed those were instructions, then his contribution in this match was excellent IMO as Montes didn't have the same kind of impact he usually does.  Watch Mexico and you'll realize most of their offensive plays go through Montes.

I may have been too harsh on him. He did a solid job defensively and maybe that's what he was assigned to do.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 02:01:26 PM »

Innocent typo.  :)

That might be so breds, but I doh get how so many people on the board keep spelling de man name wrong. I guess is one ah dem names dat doh stick in people head.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 02:03:25 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 04:23:48 PM »

Innocent typo.  :)

That might be so breds, but I doh get how so many people on the board keep spelling de man name wrong. I guess is one ah dem names dat doh stick in people head.  :beermug:

Well ah can't really feel sorry for 'BOUCAUD' if people spell his name wrong on a regular basis, because a lot of people been spelling and mispronouncing my real name wrong since I was born....so I'm use to it.    ;D    :beermug:

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 04:44:28 PM »
I like this team's toughness. Look at Keon. He skinny but he eh taking no push from nobody. It's been a real long time since I see a Trinbagonian Team respond to another team's mind games and physical play like dat. Keon pushing back and men coming in to back him up. I can't wait to see what this coaching staff does with this team. The Team Unity looks very good moving forward. We should also not be too harsh on young players when we showing our Assessments here. It takes quite a few international games and tournaments to polish off the rough edges on these pups. We need a core group to develop and play through the next set of World Cup Qualifiers. We have to stop this pick, drop and bring back rotation door policy.
I wish I was home to come out and support de fellas at de airport. Ah wonder if dat Japs and Stag poster go show he face in the airport. LOL.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 04:53:59 PM »
I know what stag is (a dirty snub nose beer), but what de fack is this japs allyuh talking bout??
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 04:55:49 PM »
I think Fried Chicken wid garlic sauce from a local franchise  ;D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 05:00:13 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 05:23:18 PM »
No rating for the coaching staff?

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2013, 06:07:32 PM »
my hat's is off to the players and staff good  job Mr. Harts ...GOOD JOB ALL AROUND...and does anyone know where i could get  or order the new kits

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2013, 06:49:57 PM »
what de fack is this japs allyuh talking bout??

JC yuh sound like ah Waggonist dey... :rotfl:
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2013, 09:36:43 PM »
JC, yuh need to go home more often. Dat chicken season up real good. Hungry? Doh lapse, eat ah Japs.
Google it or Facebook it.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:48:33 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2013, 10:35:47 PM »
I know what stag is (a dirty snub nose beer), but what de fack is this japs allyuh talking bout??

Lol JC When last yuh drink ah stag man ?

De snub nose beer bottle gone years ago, now is ah bottle like carib only it green and for me it actually tastes better than carib and most other beers that I drink outside.

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 07:58:04 AM »
A word on Roberts, I'd actually give him a strong 8 because he did a selfless job out of position and put in a great shift.

For a man who is a forward being asked to fill in at right wing, then switch over to left wing he did very well. He was holding up the ball, keeping possession and being very effective on the defensive side. Even saw him track back well to put in a blade on the Mexican right winger when the left back get leave out. He was giving Aubrey David plenty help on his side and he wasn't losing it when he get it. Great shift.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2013, 08:34:48 AM »
A word on Roberts, I'd actually give him a strong 8 because he did a selfless job out of position and put in a great shift.

For a man who is a forward being asked to fill in at right wing, then switch over to left wing he did very well. He was holding up the ball, keeping possession and being very effective on the defensive side. Even saw him track back well to put in a blade on the Mexican right winger when the left back get leave out. He was giving Aubrey David plenty help on his side and he wasn't losing it when he get it. Great shift.

Yeah i agree with an 8 for Roberts. Also Keon Daniel should be rated higher. The problem is that the ratings are biased towards attacking play. Even Cyrus getting coudos because he was very attacking.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2013, 08:46:41 AM »

Yeah i agree with an 8 for Roberts. Also Keon Daniel should be rated higher. The problem is that the ratings are biased towards attacking play. Even Cyrus getting coudos because he was very attacking.
*likes*

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, 10:09:51 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yuh inadvertently mash mih up dey JC....... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2013, 02:28:11 PM »

Stephen Hart: “ I thought in the first half we did quite well and created some very good opportunities. The Mexican keeper made a big save off Andre Boucard. But the second half we could have been more calm and better on the ball and attack with a little more variety.

Our full-backs were way too cautious in second half and I could not get them to go forward.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 05:54:43 AM »

Cyrus had a great game. Defended well and was a presence up front. His fight was impressive. Didn't even miss Thompson.

JMV, is it just me or does he seem susceptible to curling shots from the outside.

Power - shoudl always start for TT.

Aubrey David good game but we need to to shore up the left side. AD should be a sub.

Bakr - not a bad game. Finds a way to contribute up front. That bullet in the second half was awesome, unfotunately he shot into a crowded box.

Roberts - a lot of fight and made some good short crosses into the box. Not great at this position but tries hard in a role that is not naturally his.

CE still good but fading. We need to use him defense or coming off the bench. No he cah cross - who on the TT team can? ONly JJ consistently seems to be able to cross well.

Boucaud - good solid player in midfield.

KD - decent game. But needs to offer more offensively in terms of flair and distribution.

Glenn - old man still have some moves. Compliments KJ well.

KJ - not easy when sometimes you are being double teamed. Seems to have more fight in his game. Is he really that slow or he does just look so?

Considering that Peltier, Hector, Bateau and others will be given a chance. Future looks bright.
I am actually a little less stressed about our defense.

We might want to try out bouth Thompson and Cyrus starting together. One on either side. It eh go hurt.

But SH have some gems to work with.

VB

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>