April 24, 2024, 08:22:16 AM

Author Topic: How I almost did not make it to Atlanta  (Read 9686 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: How I almost did not make it to Atlanta
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2013, 05:12:42 PM »
A+ on the German away jerseys.
Great story FF

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2013, 06:20:29 PM »
What we fans do for the sport we love eh?

FF you make a Mission Impossible dey boss.

I hope the TTFF does hear about stories like this and appreciate what fans do to support this side.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2013, 06:58:48 PM »
What we fans do for the sport we love eh?

FF you make a Mission Impossible dey boss.

I hope the TTFF does hear about stories like this and appreciate what fans do to support this side.

VB

COSIGNNNNNNNNNNNNN but TTFA we rid ourself of that cabal
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2013, 08:20:20 PM »
Great story, FF.  Very entertaining...made my evening!

Glad you were at least able to make it to Atlanta and hook-up with de fellas.
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 10:38:34 PM »
FF ..nice write up..I can't believe yuh miss de game..but it look as though yuh had a lot of fun still. I see Mr Tim Kee actually took time to meet, greet and spend time with the fans and well wishers..I commend Mr Tim Kee for this. That is a "powerful" leadership quality we must take caution..
It seems as though de sweat was a quality sweat I heard that besides Fordy (CIC), Fabien(Pres), Nixon(CIC), and others who were already mentioned that Shabazz old Green Machine teammate Roger Wilson was doing damage in de midfield. Allyuh mention Wendell Moore, a member of dat Bertille St Clair team dat break SanDo people hearts back in 81 beating Tech 1-0 in de Stadium..now he son is de captain of U.S National team..someting wrong wid dah picture.
I feel that the general mood right now is good ..the leadership based upon their know how trying a ting ..I know Hart is a good man..so I am watching to see what kind of support he is going to get going forward..Thanks for the pictures and the man Lyndon I seeing in de picture dey wid Tim Kee ,he decent player from back in de late 70's early 80's wid Juniors..a Benedict's man..Nobody eh even call me self dey muh be feel I too ole or maybe because me go CIC or Pres...whatever..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 11:29:11 PM »
now he son is de captain of U.S National team..someting wrong wid dah picture.

Nothing wrong with the picture. Wendell has had first hand experience with Jack TTFF. You honestly believe he will allow his son to go thru all the crap that he went thru with the TTFF. As of now he is prime for the US 2018 WC. Let's see

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 12:45:55 AM »
 :rotfl: UN-f**kin-believeable!! I was gettin' lock up either on de plane or in de airport from cuss!! Yuh REL good, soldier!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2013, 09:51:05 AM »
When I said something wrong wid de picture I was referring to the fact that it was the fault of the TTFA to not accommodate the youngster thereby giving USA the benefit of having him.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2013, 01:27:40 PM »
Thanks FF for all of your commentary, pictures and video.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2013, 02:46:04 PM »
I haven't post in ah while...but this story deserve ah Big Up! :cheers: :applause:

FF yuh is ah dan!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2013, 02:55:43 PM »
Reminds of when ah try tuh go tuh de T&T vs England game in 2008. I was at ah Pres reunion in Charlotte, NC for de weekend, so ah leave on de first flight out on de Sunday morning around 6am to get ah connection in Miami which woulda get meh tuh T&T around 1 or 2 pm. Charlotte to Miami went well, but after that it was gate change, then delays upon delays. Ah eventually reach in Town in time tuh see de last 5 minutes on TV at Trotters. Ah still have de unused ticket.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2013, 03:52:15 PM »
FF ..nice write up..I can't believe yuh miss de game..but it look as though yuh had a lot of fun still. I see Mr Tim Kee actually took time to meet, greet and spend time with the fans and well wishers..I commend Mr Tim Kee for this. That is a "powerful" leadership quality we must take caution..
It seems as though de sweat was a quality sweat I heard that besides Fordy (CIC), Fabien(Pres), Nixon(CIC), and others who were already mentioned that Shabazz old Green Machine teammate Roger Wilson was doing damage in de midfield. Allyuh mention Wendell Moore, a member of dat Bertille St Clair team dat break SanDo people hearts back in 81 beating Tech 1-0 in de Stadium..now he son is de captain of U.S National team..someting wrong wid dah picture.
I feel that the general mood right now is good ..the leadership based upon their know how trying a ting ..I know Hart is a good man..so I am watching to see what kind of support he is going to get going forward..Thanks for the pictures and the man Lyndon I seeing in de picture dey wid Tim Kee ,he decent player from back in de late 70's early 80's wid Juniors..a Benedict's man..Nobody eh even call me self dey muh be feel I too ole or maybe because me go CIC or Pres...whatever..

If my memory serves me correctly, Wendell Moore was a big name in the early 80s. Remembered him because I had just started really following football as a ute and he was good and from Tobago.

Coache I am pretty sure that Fatima beat Sig. Hill in the national Intercol semis back in '81. Unless it's another competition you talking about.

VB

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2013, 04:01:50 PM »
 :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: FF feel free to use "PATRIOT" anytime, I won't sue!!!  ;D

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2013, 04:44:10 PM »
i see mih pardner Lyndon in this picture. vex i miss de sweat man.

Lol yeah he score too. Along with the so call "fat man" alyuh saying in Nixon. The speed aint there but touches and finishing...pure class!! :beermug:
   When I first book my hotel I did the same thing however when I got the t German embassy the lady told this is East Germany your tickets are for games in West Germany I canceled and rebook my tickets you was sticking   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2013, 09:07:35 PM »
Vb yuh right ..Fatima played St Augustine in Skinner Park ..National finals allyuh had a defender wearing #10. It must have been 82.
Marlon Charles had his long range equaulizer disallowed.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2013, 10:07:20 PM »

Thanks for sharing, man.  Respect!  Yu name now synonymous with good things, true supporter etc ... .

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2013, 02:12:54 AM »
Vb yuh right ..Fatima played St Augustine in Skinner Park ..National finals allyuh had a defender wearing #10. It must have been 82.
Marlon Charles had his long range equaulizer disallowed.

Can't remember the numbers  but I do remember we had an awesome defender - Ronald Simmons (Howard Univ). He was Vice Captain to Garth Pollonais on the '82 youth team.

The defender of which you speak is probably Simmo.

VB

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2013, 04:07:33 AM »
FF yuh chose the rightest handle.

yuhs ah real FOOTBALL FANATIC hands down! i woulda give up on the tarmac waiting for ah new pilot. 

this deserves ah "big up". it's like you took me on the journey, nice read.      :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 04:09:17 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2013, 06:02:39 AM »
Ah hear yuh almost bull ah thing to.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2013, 07:36:54 AM »
 :rotfl:

Sam is kix yes

Yeah is is simmo, his younger brother was a good baller too (class of 90), had a deceptive lazy man crawl, wid pass yuh quick quick as yuh assume de ball was yours
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2013, 07:57:32 AM »
:rotfl:

Sam is kix yes

Yeah is is simmo, his younger brother was a good baller too (class of 90), had a deceptive lazy man crawl, wid pass yuh quick quick as yuh assume de ball was yours

Yes, the younger one posts here sometimes. I believe his is Football King.

VB

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2013, 09:47:35 AM »
i see mih pardner Lyndon in this picture. vex i miss de sweat man.

Lol yeah he score too. Along with the so call "fat man" alyuh saying in Nixon. The speed aint there but touches and finishing...pure class!! :beermug:
   When I first book my hotel I did the same thing however when I got the t German embassy the lady told this is East Germany your tickets are for games in West Germany I canceled and rebook my tickets you was sticking   

See your scenes went great.  I on de odda hand was always planning to go but never really finalized plans til late.  My bredrin had tix but was bummin bout de airfare and lookin like he cah make it meanwhile my oldman wukkin Continental was keepin meh updated on how flights looking from months in advance.  So I tell my soldya handle accomodations and tix and I will get yuh to Germany and after everything tally we will split cost.  We end up missin Sweeden game there because he didn't get he visa til the day of.  So salt from the get go!  From we reach Frankfurt was pressure because we was trying to make we way up to Soca City/ Village and get directed to Rutenburg which was somewhere in the south of Germany no where close to where we wanted to go go which was Rootenberg.  We probably would have suspected we was going wrong if not for all the other Trinbagonians also on the same train as us.  Yuh would think the the people working DB would be able to steer yuh in de right direction especially when I gave them a printed letter from meh boy who set up Soca City with hotel name and address.  But wasn't we luck.  So after riding train fuh hours in de wrong direction we say F' Dat cause we eh ketchin none of the festivities given how long it will take to get up there.  We decide we going Nuernberg one time and call dat George.  We end up having to find a new spot because now we there ahead of our booking.  Went England game only to realize meh dog misplace de ticket so ah had to suck salt and get 1 from a scalper for Fleckin 200 Euro (dem damn tieffin fackuz an dem).  Before and after match done lime with the only foruminte ah knew at de time meh boy Bakes).  I buss it after ah while and reach we guest house only to realize ah eh ha meh muddaz rass key!  I eh drivin so dat is even more pressha!  Dat day come and gone and now meh boy decide he go vibes he sister who livin dey and gimmeh all de info fuh de hotel.  Ah use meh lil metoo ah buy right dey in Nuernberg to call and confirm.  More drama meh rail pass wey cost over 200 Euro geh foot and walk. 

So at dis poin ah say nah fleck dat I eh spendin ah nex 200 Euro cause I eh doin da much travellin again (I nuh on no tourist shite) so ah go by DB and check out schedule price etc.  Express just to get to Oder was about the price of another weekly pass so I say nah ah go do local.  Estimated time was 3hrs and change local so ah say frig it local it will be.  Eh heh de local train is like de oldest models dey have dat still wukkin, no ac, sun blazin like fiya and de train givin trouble.  It break dong miss all de series of connections.  Total trip time was whole day cause I eh reach Oder till after mid muddass night.  Now when ah come off de train ah say how out here lookin quiet so, it ha no fans here aought.  Place almost pitch flippin black!  At least the hotel was nice.  So ah say dis go wait til morning.  So when I wake up ah went and buy ah map fus ting so I could understand where ah goin locally and all dat.  Ah take ah lil walk to explore and found an internet cafe buh right down de road about 200 meters I seeing what look like ah check point.  So I walk down to see what dat is when I read de ting and realize daz de Polish border ah start to cuss one time.  Meh belly in notts cause before leavin meh home ah look at de map to see if ah might ha time to visit any neighboring countries so ah kno exactly where Poland and Germany meet.  I eh even look at de map, I went straight to de internet cafe to look for car rentals and find 2.  One had no cars, the next one had and ah take it cah even remember model but was something decent.  Walk rong in de back and open de car and see is ah manual.  Ah start to pray one time cause ah never learn manual (ah kno daz some rell bullshit eh) so gone back inside and they say all the cars they have is manual.  They told me I can either go to Munich by the airport or wait til tomorrow when they'll have one for me.  Jah what to do?!!!  Call dem rental places in Munich airport and in no car after no car ah hearing.  At dis point ah say wey boy fadda like yuh testin meh resolve here boi!  So ah tell dem people as long as allyuh could guarantee it will be here by morning I'll wait.  Dat was the longest day of my whole life!

Next morning ah wake up bright and early but dem eh opening till 10 am so ah had to wait.  When ah go and they see meh de clerk who was very pleasant tell meh we have it waiting for you.  Ah rub meh hands and smile like ah diabolical mad scientist who just figure out what was rong all along and snatch de keys and paperwork.  Reach in de back and meh jaw drop when ah see is ah (insert expletive of choice caw ah say every last one) flippin muddaz ass Smart Car.  De ting cah go above 75mph so now ah ha to make ah drive that in a regular car probaly take about 3hours in dis piece ah shit!  Ah was on de road fuh about 6 hours before ah finally reach de Staduim and park.  So now ah glad, anxious, elated, (you name it)  ah take off in ah speed to go to de stadium.  When ah see dem steps ah say "oh god fadda wha ah do to deserve dis boi" So now ah say well ah here aready so lemmeh take ah cool walk and beg de fadda forgiveness since he lemme reach dat far.  Walkin up de stairs ah seein people who raced past me before pantin fuh breath (in meh head ah say it good cause allyuh see how far dem wicked Germans put da stadium).  Reach the stadium in time to see first touch of the game settle een and cheer fuh meh team till ah was hoarse.

Despite all of that I had myself ah best time!  I went club and was instantly greeted by revelers.  DJs was biggin up soca warriors and girls was mistaken me for a player because meh polyester Adidas pants which was white look like it was part of the uniform.  I made friends, drink and had a good time, and still thankful that the 06 Warriors motivated me enough to go and withstand all that mess and still have a blast!  See de tings we willin to do to support dem fellaz!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »
You luky you didn't get a free booking in the Irrenhaus guest house.   ;D

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2013, 11:10:13 AM »
You luky you didn't get a free booking in the Irrenhaus guest house.   ;D

Fuh what boi lol.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2013, 12:53:38 PM »

Some other notables out there were Roger Joseph (Benedicts), Keita (Benedicts), Jason Rodriguez, Ngozi (pville and Benedicts), Sheldon Best (Diego sec/Georgia Perimeter College), Deke Cateau (Fatima).....and we were missing a few others. Coache identify yuhself nah man so we could call big name!  :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2013, 01:05:57 PM »
Scorp yuh di'n tell mih is all ah dat drama yuh run into... or maybe ah fuhget?  LOL  Anyways, yuh shoulda take de stickshift man, yuh woulda learn easy.  Starting off is de only problem ;D

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2013, 01:57:20 PM »
Scorp yuh di'n tell mih is all ah dat drama yuh run into... or maybe ah fuhget?  LOL  Anyways, yuh shoulda take de stickshift man, yuh woulda learn easy.  Starting off is de only problem ;D

Man I really wanted to yuh kno, Jah kno!  But in de end it makes for a great story about how passionate and loyal football fans can be.  I take ah drink with a few gentlemen from England and one told me about his friend that mortgaged his house in order to pay for the trip and tickets fuh all england group matches and to have reserves for knockout.  Wherever the team stayed he and his children stayed.  When I hear dat I say weeey boy dat is fans! 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2013, 02:41:57 PM »

Man I really wanted to yuh kno, Jah kno!  But in de end it makes for a great story about how passionate and loyal football fans can be.  I take ah drink with a few gentlemen from England and one told me about his friend that mortgaged his house in order to pay for the trip and tickets fuh all england group matches and to have reserves for knockout.  Wherever the team stayed he and his children stayed.  When I hear dat I say weeey boy dat is fans! 

Make mih think of some ah dem English fans we bounce up in Nuremberg that week fuh real... met some real "salt of de Earth" types.  In Kaiserslautern as well.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2013, 02:51:43 PM »

Make mih think of some ah dem English fans we bounce up in Nuremberg that week fuh real... met some real "salt of de Earth" types.  In Kaiserslautern as well.

Apart from being there to support we boys, meeting people and talking football was bliss.  Is a really magical thing that even with language barriers so many people can assemble and just enjoy ball.  Nuernberg was ah bess scenes doh.  Dem English when dey drinkin an singin is rell tears.  Ah feel sorry fuh ah lil German yute dat had on ah England jersey and pass between wey all ah we was limin.  As dey make him out dey start wit "there were German bombers in the air......"  Ahh de memories!  Makin meh tusty to go Brazil oui!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2013, 03:27:00 PM »
 :o

way boy scorpion ..dais some Epic journey Travails dey

ah hope yuh finally learn to master de manual......is ah right of passage for trinbago man and woman to know how to handle stick
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>