April 30, 2024, 09:47:36 AM

Author Topic: Cato looks to clock more minutes after friendly win  (Read 597 times)

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cato looks to clock more minutes after friendly win
« on: July 23, 2013, 06:16:45 AM »
Cato looks to clock more minutes after friendly win
By Geoff Lepper (sjearthquakes.com)

Cordell Cato hasn’t had many first touches with the San Jose Earthquakes’ first team this season, so he made sure not to waste one Saturday night against Norwich City.

Rushing to intercept a soft back pass from the Canaries’ Russell Martin in the seventh minute, Cato needed a single right-footed stroke to redirect the ball past stranded goalkeeper Mark Bunn. It would prove to be the only score in San Jose’s 1-0 victory against Norwich City, who finished 11th in the 2012-13 Barclays Premier League table.

“I didn’t want to [wait],” Cato told MLSsoccer.com. “I saw an opportunity to put it in the back of the net with my first touch and I took it.”

The Quakes’ goal-scoring play began with Mehdi Ballouchy glomming onto a Norwich City turnover in midfield and trying to release Walter Martinez down the right wing. Martin beat Martinez to the ball, but his attempt to reach Bunn was far too slow, opening the door for Cato, who was alertly following up from the center channel.

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>