March 28, 2024, 08:10:18 AM

Author Topic: Teams that no self-respecting Trinbagonian can bring themself to support!  (Read 8087 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Teams that no self-respecting Trinbagonian can bring themself to support regardless of how good they play football:-

USA
Mexico
Haiti
Jamaica
England

It is okay to support them in any other sport if you choose to but not in football.
Mind you I find it pretty difficult to support England in cricket as well.   :beermug:

These teams should all be hated with a passion unless you happen to have married a spouse from one of those countries and your children unfortunately have dual nationality and is a traitor by playing for one of those countries national footabll teams.

If I left out any other generally hated teams by Trinbagonians then please declare them in this thread.
Thanks!   :yellowcard:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 12:18:48 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Bahrain?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
I doh hate England I jus doh like dem...........but ah doh like d tone ah dis thread either.....it soundin like a command....people free to like or not whoever dey please, a better title might have been Teams u will never support an leave it open

for me is d USA and it goes beyond '89 I jus doh like dey attitude ....and I hasten to add nutten wrong with confidence and patriotism either, but dem does jus rub me d wrong way.....somehow..... for sports in general not jus football, might be d approach of american media to international sports broadcasting.........maybe jus maybe jealousy at their relative success in the sport while not being a "footballing nation" like we fancy ourselves, but then dat right dey might be a fallacy also :-\
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 05:55:10 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I pity the fool....

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Add Guyana  :thumbsdown: is Shabazz cause dis feeling...  :beermug: (this is not beer, it is Hatorade!!!)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
I support every CONCACAF team in the World Cup Final. Fight within 'family' but one front against the world. That's just me.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I support every CONCACAF team in the World Cup Final. Fight within 'family' but one front against the world. That's just me.
an honourable pursuit, but I can't bring mih mind to do it.
I pity the fool....

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Teams that no self-respecting Trinbagonian can bring themself to support regardless of how good they play football:-

USA
Mexico
Haiti
Jamaica
England

If I left out any other generally hated teams by Trinbagonians then please declare them in this thread.

:rotfl:
Not a fan of any of the countries mentioned above. I could watch Mexico though.  They always sh*t on themselves come the WC anyway.

My top 3 I can't stand; in no particular order:
US (1989 and their arrogance how they get on like they are a big team)
Jamaica (arrogant)
Italy (Balo good though, but the rest is a bunch of whining divers; also arrogant)
whey boy!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Only teams I  would not support would be teams from nations where their supporters  are openly racist and their national assocaitions do nothing about or just pay lip service.

Italy
Russia
Ukraine
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
I could never bring myself to support the US national team --- they overrated, their brand of football is boring and uninspiring, and it's their general whole arrogant attitude.

I've no beef against Haiti, except when they play T&T...other than that, I'm fine with Haiti.  It's good to see a poor destitute country win something.

Mexico is another overrated country, but they're the big fish in this small Concacaf pond --- can't say I 'hate' them.  Just no opinion about them either way. 

England's brand of football bores me...*YAWN*.   

Jamaica --- I just indifferent to them.

SPAIN --- I cannot support Spain.  Doh ask me why...I just hate Spanish football. 
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I support England, just not if they playing against T&T. I dont think I need to explain why.

Don't like the arrogance of Mexico and the States towards the rest of Concacaf, not that we give them much reason not to be. Still I pray someone massively takes them down a notch in the near future. And I always hope that someone will be T&T.

I don't hate teams but other than hoping the US and Mexico get cutarse everytime they play I'm pretty indifferent to all other nations.

Lastly this is where I think most Trini's will disagree with me, can't stand Brazilian football - bores me to death. The last good Brazilian side I saw that was truely entertaining was the one in 82.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bahrain?
for what? we won

U 4got d missiles that they pelt?

oh yeah, they sore loosers forget dat......well bun fire pun dem too
I pity the fool....

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I don't understand how ppl could say they hate Mexican football due to arrogance. USA I can get. That is clear.
Mexico, I not so sure. Allyuh does take in the Mexican commentary or media? The last thing I does get from them is arrogance.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Dumplingdinho

USA
Mexico
Haiti
Jamaica
England

It is okay to support them in any other sport if you choose to but not in football.
Mind you I find it pretty difficult to support England in cricket as well.   :beermug:

These teams should all be hated with a passion unless you happen to have married a spouse from one of those countries and your children unfortunately have dual nationality and is a traitor by playing for one of those countries national footabll teams.

i could see why people may not like these teams for personal reasons except England and Mexcio.  I dont like england for their style of play but nothing else.  Haiti 1973, US 1989,Jamaica arrogance.  We should hate Mexico because they buss we arse all de time?

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bahrain?
for what? we won

U 4got d missiles that they pelt?

add El Salvador too for that
no sportsmanship
whey boy!

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamaica, because of the rivalry
Italy, mainly because their racist fans and players.
Argentina, same reason as Italy.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
I don't understand how ppl could say they hate Mexican football due to arrogance. USA I can get. That is clear.
Mexico, I not so sure. Allyuh does take in the Mexican commentary or media? The last thing I does get from them is arrogance.
By 'arrogance' they mean 'steady licks'. Like how we does be 'arrogant' to St. Kitts and dem, nah.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
arsenal, liverpool, manu!!  :devil:

actually, seriously, usa and Except for Balo and Buffon, I hate dem Italians for the same reasons everybody else hate dem two teams....plus them Eastern European teams that espouse the same kinda bullshit racism as plenty o' dem italian and dem....I love Brazil so I does espouse de same hate one should for Argentinians as if I was Brazilian meh dam self....but oh, LAWD dm f**kers have skill and could play dis game fuh so boy!

the american "arrogance" that a lot of people hate isn't limited to the way their players carry themselves....the people in the media that are the faces and voices of the sport are, for the most part, EXTREMELY hard to embrace with the shit they does be talking. (and dat includes these British ex-pats that love to wave the stars and stripes hard and heavy, people like ian darke and mcmanaman....and warren barton like he go be next. lol!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I think I will become a USA supporter.

they did things the right way and they continue to develop the football.

look how far they come since 1990.

I like there approach to the gold cup so far add this is a "B" squad.

I think they have turned the page and have started to promote more of the technical skillfull players.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I think they have turned the page and have started to promote more of the technical skillfull players.

Jes come out and say yuh does done support dem nuh, doh 'fraid!  Nobody eh go treat yuh like zeppo.   :D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I can't speak for anyone else who has a beef with Mexico. But when I say I don't like their arrogance, as I said it is towards the rest of the region - Concacaf (Not specifically T&T).

To further clarify, I think (know!) they believe they are above this region (both their Fans and their teams) - they are only part of Concacaf still because it is easier to qualify for the WC but really they wish they were part of the S.American zone. I think if they knew they would qualify easy from there and FIFA allowed it they (and probably the States - would have left Concacaf long ago). Their national side already play in the Copa America and their teams in the Copa libatadores. They pay token service to almost all Concacaf tournaments. I did also say the rest of Concacaf haven't really done anything to dissuade this arrogance. This is why I hope they get taken down a notch or two; preferably by getting squeezed out of WC qualification more frequently in the next few decades would be nice as it would for the US.

Are they the regions powerhouse, or course they are! Why would I hate a clearly better team for beating T&T? Disappointment yes, hate no! But I can't believe others can't see this arrogance as counterproductive and think I should be happy (gratefull even) for Mexico (and admittedly a much lesser but increasing extent, the US) who treat concacaf like a doormat.

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
At the 2006WC a Mexican fan traded his kit for my Yorke 19, and I does still sweat small goal in it sometimes... Added to that I worked a few months in Leon, Mexico some years ago, so El Tri is my second team in CONCACAF... But I agree with the others on the list

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
At the 2006WC a Mexican fan traded his kit for my Yorke 19, and I does still sweat small goal in it sometimes... Added to that I worked a few months in Leon, Mexico some years ago, so El Tri is my second team in CONCACAF... But I agree with the others on the list

You mad, giving away a collector's item for some common crap jersey.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I dont need to hate them because of their football arrogance and general arrogance all round,I already hate them enough for 100 other reasons.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Jes come out and say yuh does done support dem nuh, doh 'fraid!  Nobody eh go treat yuh like zeppo.   :D

KND, the US started this since 1967 after the 66 WC. Why you think Archie Deleon, Jan Steadman, LP, Gamaldo, Gerry Brown and a whole lot of JA, Haitian and South Americans  went to the US to play pro-ball. Now if you say, look where Panama reach since 1990, then I will say that is a surprise.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 05:15:47 PM by Deeks »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
What about Bermuda? They cut we arse recently
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Could you hate someone cause they cut we arse? me eh hate Guyana - we have to look into the mirror for that one. Now Jamaica- yes arrogance fuh so- they fill the whole W.I. pot with arrogance. They too much on a superiority complex- the same could be said for USA. I doh support them but I don't hate them.

1]; } ?>