March 28, 2024, 06:56:41 PM

Author Topic: Teams that no self-respecting Trinbagonian can bring themself to support!  (Read 8089 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
USA arrogant, but they does cheat we like them central americans?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Idiot thread!     :yellowcard:
So I guess you support all football teams and don't particularly mind losing to any of them.

Good on you, no need to post in this thread then, just move along!  :yellowcard:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The only football team I really enjoy watchin is T&T; when We playin ball it does be special times but dat cyah stop me from always supportin Haiti. Plain talk, 1803(4) is more important than 1973. All I hear in Sun Life was Drums and regardless of who beatin dem, it was in riddim with every Heart present.

come 2015 qualifiers, Haiti will be a difficult team to beat.
He Is Highly

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Idiot thread!     :yellowcard:
So I guess you support all football teams and don't particularly mind losing to any of them.

Good on you, no need to post in this thread then, just move along!  :yellowcard:
NOOooooooooooo..... it's bc you're telling ppl who to love and who not to love. 

i believe no self respecting trinbagonian should not have spend all that money to go to germany to support a vampire organization like simpaul.

in the first place we should have never went to germany, or no other WC until we had ample amounts of proper youth development programs AND AH STEADY LEAGUE! but instead we had the yearning just to make a WC so we could go and shake our arses BC OF OUR VANITY,

but soon there after we were unable to compete with teams right here in the CFU region bc we have no continuity, so we settled for a one shot deal just to say we were there!  how facking retarded!

that's bc the next crop on the local scene was inadequate and unable to contend with the easiest of opponents like bermuda and grenada.

Right now my only hope is that hart and beenie hooks up with this numb skull skeene and anil to solve this pro league problem so we could compete competently instead of embarrassing our nation in central america and the USA.

right now i have to respect all the teams you mentioned, simply bc they are doing and have BEEN doing right by their football domestic and international.

of all the teams you mentioned, we are the only nation where our local league is under a different administration other than our national federation or football body, and to add insult, they don't work in tandem for the better good of our football, but rather clash heads on the regular.

we are also the only nation, with the exception of jamaica, who are without a professional football union! so why are we having this discussion about hating on england and USA who have their sh!t totally together,  when we should be hating on our federation and our football fraternity instead.

that's why i said it was an idiot thread.                     :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 05:17:11 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
there are teams i dont like, hate is a strong word, but you have to respect them such as usa or mexico. look at suarez on liverpool, im a liverpool fan, i dont like the guy at all but i have to respect him for what he's doing at the club.

when the world cup comes around i always backing teams like france, netherlands or any country coming out of the african continent.

as for concacaf i got a thing for costa rica, fans are pretty cool and they play decent ball.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
there are teams i dont like, hate is a strong word, but you have to respect them such as usa or mexico. look at suarez on liverpool, im a liverpool fan, i dont like the guy at all but i have to respect him for what he's doing at the club.

when the world cup comes around i always backing teams like france, netherlands or any country coming out of the african continent.

as for concacaf i got a thing for costa rica, fans are pretty cool and they play decent ball.

Good talk, captures my sentiments all around... including WC teams (+ England and Germany).

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Unfortunately people continue to bash the US and Mexico because of apparent jealousy for what they have accomplished and until recently, their dominance of Concacaf. Instead of bashing them why dont we learn from them, develop our youth players and not have people in place that continuously hold back development due to greed and vengeance. Look at Panama, Costa Rica and Honduras they have all improved tremendously and where are we? On here bashing US and Mexico? Wake up and smell the coffee, anyone who has followed the USA and MLS in the past 10 years cannot deny their continued success and development. 10 years ago you probably couldn't get 10k spectators to a game, now 60k people in the stadium to see Chelsea, AC Milan etc playing MLS teams. Big teams go to the US every summer to play MLS teams, anybody see them in Trinidad? NBC, FSC and ESPN carrying football all the time and people like Beckham, Man. City and all the other big money Clubs looking to invest in the USA. People still crying over spilled milk from the Strike Squad losing? Really? Continue writing these absolutely worthless and stupid threads about bashing other Countries as we continue to fall short of mediocrity in our own backyard as lets see exactly how far that will carry us.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
BOO SA.........fyah bun dem!!!! 

:flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:

Let World Cup hurry up and come so ah could laugh at they overrated arses.......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
Unfortunately people continue to bash the US and Mexico because of apparent jealousy for what they have accomplished and until recently, their dominance of Concacaf. Instead of bashing them why dont we learn from them, develop our youth players and not have people in place that continuously hold back development due to greed and vengeance. Look at Panama, Costa Rica and Honduras they have all improved tremendously and where are we? On here bashing US and Mexico? Wake up and smell the coffee, anyone who has followed the USA and MLS in the past 10 years cannot deny their continued success and development. 10 years ago you probably couldn't get 10k spectators to a game, now 60k people in the stadium to see Chelsea, AC Milan etc playing MLS teams. Big teams go to the US every summer to play MLS teams, anybody see them in Trinidad? NBC, FSC and ESPN carrying football all the time and people like Beckham, Man. City and all the other big money Clubs looking to invest in the USA. People still crying over spilled milk from the Strike Squad losing? Really? Continue writing these absolutely worthless and stupid threads about bashing other Countries as we continue to fall short of mediocrity in our own backyard as lets see exactly how far that will carry us.

Hear it nah...some people like ManU, Barca, Arsenal, Chelsea...some people hate those clubs.  Some people like Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Spain, Holland, Germany...some people hate them etc etc etc.  Believe it or not, people do not love EVERY frickin' team out there...welcome to football and welcome to Earth.

Anyway, I think you're taking these comments a lil' too seriously, and not realizing is just friendly light-hearted rivalry.  I'm a US citizen, live here in the US, but I could never respect or like their football.  IMO it's fricking boring, uninspiring, OVERRATED...plus they're arseholes.   

Regardless of opinions..lighten up nah, breda!    We on kicks! :beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
BOO SA.........fyah bun dem!!!! 

:flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:

Let World Cup hurry up and come so ah could laugh at they overrated arses.......

Brownsugar --- Just keep telling it like it is!  :rotfl:   :beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I support any of them teams on any given day except for the USA...I support them right through as long as thy not playing we.

I love the 'arrogant' trailer park white boy from Texas who grow playing with Latinos and from the jump showed it.

I love Eddie Johnson and wish we had someone like him playing for we, I love how Donovan come back from he much-deserved hiatus from the game and say eff-you to all he detractors too!!!! Love Beasley who seems as though he been playing football for like 40 years!!! Love Tim Howard, Rimando et al...can't wait for some of them U-20s to mature and step up to the senior team too!!!!

So yeah, something wrong with me cause I backing all ah them teams depending on who they playing against...and I got Trinbagonian self-respect in effing spades
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
I support any of them teams on any given day except for the USA...I support them right through as long as thy not playing we.

I love the 'arrogant' trailer park white boy from Texas who grow playing with Latinos and from the jump showed it.

I love Eddie Johnson and wish we had someone like him playing for we, I love how Donovan come back from he much-deserved hiatus from the game and say eff-you to all he detractors too!!!! Love Beasley who seems as though he been playing football for like 40 years!!! Love Tim Howard, Rimando et al...can't wait for some of them U-20s to mature and step up to the senior team too!!!!

So yeah, something wrong with me cause I backing all ah them teams depending on who they playing against...and I got Trinbagonian self-respect in effing spades

dais your right...that nobody begrudges u......yet u always come off like u have your knickers in a bind because others dont feel the same.....um for what? why? we have rights too ....no?
I pity the fool....

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The only Concacaf country I don't support is Mexico. Other countries would be Italy and Argentina and of recent any racist Eastern European country.

In terms of people hating the USA I think we tend to paint most american players in that Landon Donovan light...pure arrogance...while actually the few I've met aren't like that. Even when I meet ex-college players and coaches they always refer to "Trini" players that they know and have played with and there is always that healthy respect and they are fully aware of where our footballing problems lay. As Mango Chow said the English expats and the American commentators go overboard with their chauvinistic tendencies and the average american fans buys into that while it causes we as Trinbagonians to react in an opposite manner. Part of our negativity also stems from the denigration of football by other american sports and their commentators as they never seek understanding but are completely dismissive.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The only Concacaf country I don't support is Mexico. Other countries would be Italy and Argentina and of recent any racist Eastern European country.

In terms of people hating the USA I think we tend to paint most american players in that Landon Donovan light...pure arrogance...while actually the few I've met aren't like that. Even when I meet ex-college players and coaches they always refer to "Trini" players that they know and have played with and there is always that healthy respect and they are fully aware of where our footballing problems lay. As Mango Chow said the English expats and the American commentators go overboard with their chauvinistic tendencies and the average american fans buys into that while it causes we as Trinbagonians to react in an opposite manner. Part of our negativity also stems from the denigration of football by other american sports and their commentators as they never seek understanding but are completely dismissive.

sense
I pity the fool....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Hear it nah...some people like ManU, Barca, Arsenal, Chelsea...some people hate those clubs.  Some people like Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Spain, Holland, Germany...some people hate them etc etc etc.  Believe it or not, people do not love EVERY frickin' team out there...welcome to football and welcome to Earth.

Anyway, I think you're taking these comments a lil' too seriously, and not realizing is just friendly light-hearted rivalry.  I'm a US citizen, live here in the US, but I could never respect or like their football.  IMO it's fricking boring, uninspiring, OVERRATED...plus they're arseholes.   

Regardless of opinions..lighten up nah, breda!    We on kicks! :beermug:
Well said! :beermug:
noize almost sounding like JC's twin!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

dais your right...that nobody begrudges u......yet u always come off like u have your knickers in a bind because others dont feel the same.....um for what? why? we have rights too ....no?
:beermug:
Fyzoman has a right to be a sellout if he wants to be!

Just don't vex with other MORE self-respecting Trinbagonians who would never join you in supporting the USA right thru that is all! And we don't care how good their federation does their job, it is a matter of principle and tradition!! :devil:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 10:47:00 PM by Socapro »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lefty  you looking for.talk yes I is the biggest advoctate of people having theit own.opinion on.this fkrum, however when i hsve my opinion it apparently does rub folks the wrong way, wha yuh go do boy....anyway i``m a little wary of Panama tomorrow but we`ll see how it plays out. Knlckers in a  bunch, good one :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:35:59 PM by Fyzoman »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
And Mr. socapro, wbo is you really? So you come on the people forum with yuh cacahole tagline and expect  everybody to juzt falll in line?   Look  boy rock so yes!!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
And Mr. socapro, wbo is you really? So you come on the people forum with yuh cacahole tagline and expect  everybody to juzt falll in line?   Look  boy rock so yes!!

said pretty much the same thing in my first rresponse..............u cyar dictate sentiment......rationalize yes..... the thread was  poorly conceived anyways
I pity the fool....

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This thread is kicks, oui! I could be wrong, but I really doh think that Socapro meant this thread to be taken too seriously.  I chuckled when I saw the heading and move meh cursor towards it with lightning speed. I could see it as a rant of sorts but I doh think the man is trying to call nobody out for supporting anybody.  I believe strongly that everybody is entitled to like and dislike who and what they so chose for whatever reason and it is no one else's right to tell them who they should and should not. Yuh damned fass and outta place when yuh try to do dat. That being said, I takin' umbrage with any and everybody that want to criticize any of us because we doh like de usa. 

America is probably the most hated country in the world and yuh could take yuh pick from a myriad of reasons why but allow me to offer this reason: Overall, they are a VERY arrogant people.  Americans are very privileged people in very many ways, and those privileges extend to their world of "soccer" and a problem with them is that they have NO idea nor do they care to see just how privileged they are.....and it comes across in practically every aspect of their projection of themselves and that tends to be a major turn-off to many people. To me, landon donovan is the perfect poster boy for that "theory". These folks have the money and facilities put into the sport that would be the envy of even the most successful European countries and while it is not their fault that it is that way, they are very good at giving you the impression that they have no appreciation for that or for what certain things mean to other people and what they have to go through just to get to be on the same pitch as them or even sit in the same bleachers. I actually used to like the usmnt....wait, daiz a lie! I USED to like some of their players.....what i used to like was the uswnt. Eric Wynalda used to be one of my favorite and I really liked him as a player.....cyah stand him in the studio. It's the exact opposite with me for Brian McBride and Cobi Jones. I really used to like their women's team....until they showed no respeck for how BIG a player Brianna scurry was and until their "arrogance" just became too much to bear. I still like and/or respect some of their players, guys like Brad Friedel and DaMarcus Beasley are extraordinarily humble players and I totally respect their football journeys.

Long before Jurgen Klinsmann made his euphemystic, post-WC comments about the us needing to look for and find more of their talent in the "inner cities" I used to tell my boy the same thing and that i would never support them until they did....it seems like they are now (their Gold cup squad have 4 Mexicans and about 4-5 Black players including 2 Black GK's) but you still see that arrogance coming through and you will never hear me say I like jozy altidore who is known to be an extremely arrogant dude with a very nasty attitude.  Last year's U-20 women's champions had a very humble and talented group of players that I actually enjoyed watching play....but then their fans and analysts/commentators does sour everything....taylor twellman need to get thrown back in the sea, I rate him as the worst of them....and dey could trow zeppo back in wit him, too. Most of zeppo's posts on here is when he tryin' to be snide or tryin' to rub people nose in something..rrrrride out wit dat!  Tomas rongen need to go, too! lol! 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
long story short some personalities invovled does jus rub yuh d wrong way and we translate dat onto to d entire US setup, more so if u not livin dey or jus have it in yuh to be dispassionate about dem.
I pity the fool....

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
long story short some personalities invovled does jus rub yuh d wrong way and we translate dat onto to d entire US setup, more so if u not livin dey or jus have it in yuh to be dispassionate about dem.

:rotfl: Yeah, ah know it was long in trute, but ah feel like ah needed to "extrapolate"....but living here and living amongst them could really send your opinion either for the better of for the worse.....for me, it's the latter. 

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

:rotfl: Yeah, ah know it was long in trute, but ah feel like ah needed to "extrapolate"....but living here and living amongst them could really send your opinion either for the better of for the worse.....for me, it's the latter. 

it wasn't targeted at u it was general....but cool scene ;D
I pity the fool....

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

it wasn't targeted at u it was general....but cool scene ;D

...is meh own dam conscience was killin' meh...when ah hit "Preview" and see how long it was ah say "Mango boy, dis shit too long, yuh go ketch hell fuh dis but f**ket!!"  :D

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
it have a team...armmmm...armmm...they real shitty...and does kick people all the time...oh shit...help meh nah...cant even remember they name...frig man...armmmm...they cap about 100 English players...oh shit...
think it start with 'J"...
anyhow...never mind...is ah set ah shithongs
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

said pretty much the same thing in my first rresponse..............u cyar dictate sentiment......rationalize yes..... the thread was  poorly conceived anyways
Are you fellas really as slow or as hypersensitive as you are coming across?

I am not telling anyone who to support or not to support but simply gave my own opinion on which teams any self-respecting T&T football supporter would not support on principle due to tradition or for historical reasons.

Did I say anywhere that I am God and that my personal opinion is law and Gospel?
Maybe you guys are feeling guilty about something due to my declaration, I don’t know! :devil:

Anyway, it is football we are dealing with here and part and parcel of football is maintaining healthy rivalries as football in theory is meant to be a replacement for fighting wars and saving the world from unnecessary bloodshed so we can continue to live in peace and love on this planet!  ;)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 11:21:28 AM by Socapro »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyuh cyah be backing Panama today!! Remember the recent U-17 tournament??

C'mon peeps, say it with me (and Zeppo, sorry for calling yuh name eh but it apropos :)) USA, USA!!!!

Oh, and well said Mr. Socapro, all's well :)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Allyuh cyah be backing Panama today!! Remember the recent U-17 tournament??

C'mon peeps, say it with me (and Zeppo, sorry for calling yuh name eh but it apropos :)) USA, USA!!!!

Oh, and well said Mr. Socapro, all's well :)
gettin a duss out ent no reason to not support a team.. I see the US win today as a big F0rk U to the rest of concacaf. Imagine they send the equivalent of we 'digicel squad' and rough up the rest. As a supporter of T&T 1st and foremost I jus feel sad for the confirmation of the state we in. But that is aside. I understand what other people post about the effort they put into the sport recently and their admiration of that. So I don't hate their (the US) team anymore :) I jus doh like their boring style of play.
 I don't really understand why so many people here don't like Mexico though. I went to low, low division games and stadium ram in Mexico.  Little children on team with my son they parents like: Yeah jaime watch all the games in the mexican league every weekend and he is 6/7. And it show on the field. And it show on the streets. And it show in the turnout. And somebody want us to beat big teams jus cuz we snap we fingers and we want to be there? I hope Leo leave we with a good plan b4 he dive.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
This thread was clearly not to be taken nearly as seriously as some have taken it, so I jumping right in.

I don't back USA or England in ANY sport. That said I actually respect their team (USA football) though. I've no issues with Mexico outside of CONCACAF competitions and except when playing against us I have no problems with backing Jamaica either. I never back Italy, but that was from their style of football initially (score one goal and defend it) and now because of the racism of their fans. I don't back France either, but that is because of the 1986 World Cup when they beat Brasil.  ::)

That is pretty much it.

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
people missin de point dis isnt about who beaten us.is who we will never support and dats jamaica and usa
football in meh veins football in meh blood

1]; } ?>