April 18, 2024, 07:43:59 PM

Poll

Wha allyuh feel?

Yes
No
Providing certain things.

Author Topic: The SWO should be part of the new TTFA?  (Read 4245 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
The SWO should be part of the new TTFA?
« on: July 26, 2013, 09:07:41 AM »
I feel the SWO website, Flex and Tallman should be part of the TTFA.

They should hire them to play some part of the TTFA.

I know the TTFA is still rebuilding and don't have the money to do much but I am sure something can be worked out.

The support in de USA was amazing for de Gold Cup even when people in T&T gave up, we supported here and de SWO played a big part and they can still help market de TTFA better and grow more support among other things.

Some man in de TTFA may not like de idea because they will get outshine, but the new TTFA have more sense than that.

Sheldon, is a little more open minded and could make this call.

Combine, we better than standing alone.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The SWO should be part of the new TTFA?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 09:08:59 AM »
No.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 09:09:58 AM »
Explain Bakes !

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 09:15:03 AM »
SWO needs to remain independent in order to keep the TTFA honest.  If Flex and Tallman were on staff during the Jack Warner years we'd never have had the outlet to criticize and expose the corruption that was running rampant then.  I know we in a honeymoon period here with the new Tim Kee/Phillips regime, but whether they continue on the bright path they've started on, or if they too falter later on, we still need that independent outlet for criticism and feedback.  Flex and Tallman too intimately linked with this site for them to work for the TTFA and have the forum maintain its independence and objectivity.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 09:16:06 AM »
We would have to be too politically correct, we will not be able to voice our opinion just look at my post on fire the coach how you think they would react to something like that please  Sam we would always be the outside child.
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 09:22:38 AM »
Bad idea.  SWO should remain totally independent of the TTFA...at least IMHO. 

I agree with Bakes on this. 
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 09:41:28 AM »
The TTFA should have a bonafide fan group. if that is the SWO then I all in for that. but they dont think this way.

currently the group has done well on they own with no help from TTFA

If the TTFA want to put some money for fan development and they willing to work with SWO then that may be the way to go

but we know that is not going to happen.

I see a new group forming up called warrior fusion not sure how new they is or how active they is.

By SWO is more outside based we need to find a way to get more vibrant group of locals maybe the TTFA can provide some help with that.

Until we get the locals involved fan development will be slow.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 09:49:47 AM »
Good talk Bakes, I didn't see it that way.

Option 3 is providing certain things are met.

But good call.

De media in T&T muzzle, we cant allow de SWO to be de same.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 09:57:15 AM »
Bakes have a good point and KND too.

TTFA loss though.

The SWO is main stream.

We are the voice for the players.

The 2006 Warriors found that out the hard way, I remember it had one time they will not speak to us here and then they were blacklisted and every man was onboard.

The SWO also help kids for Christmas and players under distress (Jan Michael), something the TTFA don't do.

The TTFA need to repsect and reconsigned this. But I doubt they would though, too many egos and self praise.

The SWO is the best press outlet in T&T I only wish Flex did it full time or had the links to do more, Fuentes would be put in the shade.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 10:13:56 AM »
There should be an official TTFA supporters group. These would be a few hardcore fans, but mostly waggonists.
SWO should remain unofficial to protect it's independence.
I can see no reason why the official group should not post here and carry back the suggestions of SWO (without the cussing, of course!)

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 10:57:12 AM »
There should be an official TTFA supporters group. These would be a few hardcore fans, but mostly waggonists.
SWO should remain unofficial to protect it's independence.
I can see no reason why the official group should not post here and carry back the suggestions of SWO (without the cussing, of course!)

I'm sure Tallman, Flex, E-man etc will correct me if wrong, but I'm fairly certain Warner already attempted to have a supporters group after the 2006 WC qualification. Clearly it didn't survive or thrive anyway as we wouldn't be having this discussion now. Supporters groups need  support and dedicated leadership to thrive (think this site has proven that!); maybe I'm a pesismist but can't see that happening in a place like T&T - unless man getting paid and even then things could turn to mess.

Agree with most, I don't think this site should become a bonafide arm of the association. The regular posters, guys who run it and the freedom they give people to express their views are what make this site what it is and are also the reasons why its survived as long as it has. Can't see any of that surviving in the longterm with the TTFA as overseer regardless of the current administration. Compromises would eventually be requested or even insisted upon and things would likely fall apart after that.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 11:03:35 AM »
The TTFA should have a bonafide fan group. if that is the SWO then I all in for that. but they dont think this way.

currently the group has done well on they own with no help from TTFA

If the TTFA want to put some money for fan development and they willing to work with SWO then that may be the way to go

but we know that is not going to happen.

I see a new group forming up called warrior fusion not sure how new they is or how active they is.

By SWO is more outside based we need to find a way to get more vibrant group of locals maybe the TTFA can provide some help with that.

Until we get the locals involved fan development will be slow.

http://www.socawarriorfusion.com/
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »
Sam- You want to spoil Flex and Tallman. we will give them critical support. we cant be beholden to the status Quo. Remember - Who pays the Piper calls the Tune- Ask JW.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 11:26:36 AM »
I voted for option 3 Providing certain things.

I would explain why later!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2013, 11:41:08 AM »
Don't get me wrong though... I'm not against the TTFA recognizing SW.net or Warrior Nation as the official fan group and supporting our initiatives.  The very fact that the General Secretary and Head Coach were/are dedicated members is a welcomed change from the past where only contempt and animosity existed.  I would like to see the Association offer discount group tickets to the Warrior Nation, and perhaps have them (and the Pro League) do more with the local-based forumites.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 12:52:20 PM »
In 2005/2006 we started the Warrior Nation which was related to this site but had an independent registration with dues.

Can we bring that back?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 04:23:00 PM »
In 2005/2006 we started the Warrior Nation which was related to this site but had an independent registration with dues.

Can we bring that back?

Makes perfect sense to me!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 06:38:21 PM »
foolish idea...

what should happen is certain members of the board who have the vision and capability should be apart of the ttfa and serve as a medium between the fans and ttfa, to keep them in check, as well as loyal to the fan group we have established here online

having influence on the ttfa and taking the best ideas to take our football forward to the ttfa to implement the changes

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 06:48:11 PM »

Can we bring that back?

i believe it should be soca warriors supporters group, based on this website, that was the downfall of warrior nation, we started on sw.net, not warrior nation...

it should start from here

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2013, 09:10:35 PM »
still have my membership card, rag and jersey.........to me Feliziano was doing a good job at it.......was able to get tickets to games without issue

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2013, 03:20:15 AM »

Can we bring that back?

i believe it should be soca warriors supporters group, based on this website, that was the downfall of warrior nation, we started on sw.net, not warrior nation...

Actually the name of the Club is the Soca Warriors Supporters Club aka Warrior Nation, so that was not the reason for the Club's "downfall". The real reason the Club is inactive is that no one truly supports football in T&T... they support winners. Therefore when our football experienced a downturn after the 2006 WC so did the interest of the fans.

Maybe if a few die-hards are willing to commit to the cause it can be revived, but there too lies a similar problem. You may get a few who are hot and sweaty to commit but eventually even their support might wane if the team starts performing poorly or Tim Kee and the TTFA decide to go rogue.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 03:28:54 AM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2013, 04:26:12 AM »
I feel the SWO website, Flex and Tallman should be part of the TTFA.

They should hire them to play some part of the TTFA.

I know the TTFA is still rebuilding and don't have the money to do much but I am sure something can be worked out.

The support in de USA was amazing for de Gold Cup even when people in T&T gave up, we supported here and de SWO played a big part and they can still help market de TTFA better and grow more support among other things.

Some man in de TTFA may not like de idea because they will get outshine, but the new TTFA have more sense than that.

Sheldon, is a little more open minded and could make this call.

Combine, we better than standing alone.

This is a farce SAM.

remember i was in redbull stadium and so were you, you saw how much trinis were there, less than ah fackin thousand, if so much!!  :banginghead: and in an area of america which have over a million trinis, and all we could have mustered @ a game in our back yard was ah lousey grand worth of supporters??

pleassseeee! trinis doh like football, they love nice and best results and tuh hear we name call, just good times with no hardship involved.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 04:43:30 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2013, 04:30:41 AM »
What about the support in Miami, Dallas and Atlanta you checking that too?

The support in NJ could have been way bigger if they had the game in NY instead of NJ guaranteed.

Can wait for NYC FC and Cosmos to build that field in NY.

NY to big to have none.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 04:32:22 AM by Sando »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2013, 04:34:34 AM »
PS, when i was @ the game and saw all them spanish supporters from honduras and el salvador, i said to my self, we trinis is really ah shitty ppl boy.

we couldn't even come out for the game, just one time and give the boys ah boost, yet we could line up outside all dem mass camp in brooklyn or pay big money to fly to miami and boston for carnival, it's ah fackin shame i say.

could you imagine there's more trinis in NYC than salvadorians and hondurans, but yet still, it's like the whole of their town ship came for the game to cheer their country man on.

i felt so embarrass and so overwhelmed @ the same time, i actually wondered what it would be like to be a honduran and see all my ppl having ah time in one spot in unison.  what ah feeling that must be.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2013, 04:39:46 AM »
What about the support in Miami, Dallas and Atlanta you checking that too?

The support in NJ could have been way bigger if they had the game in NY instead of NJ guaranteed.

Can wait for NYC FC and Cosmos to build that field in NY.

NY to big to have none.

Nah horse yuh drunk!

breddren the path train is 20 mins from WTC to RBA, and in reality, it's further to get to queens than harrison NJ either way, by road or by rail.

as ah matter of fact, if yuh leave early enough you could get to RBA in 25 mins via the holland tunnel, it's literally a hop skip and a jump.

that is ah cop out, trinis doh like football and we not patriotic. if yuh don't believe me just ask 100 trinis if they will ever pick up arms and fight to liberate T&T and see what answers yuh get  :worried:. these spanish and dem, well yuh don't even have to ask to know the answer to that question.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 07:23:54 PM by just cool »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2013, 07:44:08 AM »
if yuh don't believe me just ask 100 trinis if they will ever pick up arms and fight to liberate T&T and see what answers yuh get

JC, yuh underestimate Trinis. Pick up arms and fight against who? Greneda? Guyana? Who are our enemies? JA ?? The enemies in TT is within.

But you right. TT doh like football, until they start winning!!!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 09:01:08 AM »

Can we bring that back?

Actually the name of the Club is the Soca Warriors Supporters Club aka Warrior Nation, so that was not the reason for the Club's "downfall". The real reason the Club is inactive is that no one truly supports football in T&T... they support winners. Therefore when our football experienced a downturn after the 2006 WC so did the interest of the fans.

Maybe if a few die-hards are willing to commit to the cause it can be revived, but there too lies a similar problem. You may get a few who are hot and sweaty to commit but eventually even their support might wane if the team starts performing poorly or Tim Kee and the TTFA decide to go rogue.

I agree with most of what you said, except, I believe the fan website should be sw.net, rather than a separate site, it should have been amalgamated with sw.net, i believe from a marketing standpoint and support standpoint, we would garner more fans and it would incorporate where we started from bro :beermug:

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2013, 12:10:11 PM »
Would be interesting to compare the number of homes in T&T that have internet now compared to 7 years ago.
Would also like to know if there has been any change in the ratio of local based to foreign based posters on this board.

It takes people on the ground here dedicating their time as well as some positives in the football itself.

A lot can be done in collaboration with the TTFA but WN should stay independent even if some sort of affiliation is agreed to.

The schools are a good place to focus on. Benefits would be getting players to go to the school and speak to them, put on some one time clinics to get the youths in the company of professional players and get enthusiasm going. This can be done at community level as well.

We have a framework in place so we're not starting from scratch. Right now the TTFA would probably say yes to any reasonably organised proposal taken to them on fan based initiatives. Building back confidence in the sport and the organisation should be one of their main objectives and not just ticket sales.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 12:12:11 PM by dcs »

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2013, 01:45:18 PM »
IF the Gold Cup was marketed in the proper manner to the West Indian diaspora in the tri-state area their might have been a larger turnout........Gold Cup ads should have been floating about every Caribbean club, website, Mas camp, etc...........we know what our people like.......why wasn't there a carnival/fete fanzone set up outside every arena where we were playing............fete/carnival is the ONLY way to draw them out in number........TTFA need to organize with the worthless tourism and culture ministries to fly the flag..........

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2013, 02:45:51 PM »
IF the Gold Cup was marketed in the proper manner to the West Indian diaspora in the tri-state area their might have been a larger turnout........Gold Cup ads should have been floating about every Caribbean club, website, Mas camp, etc...........we know what our people like.......why wasn't there a carnival/fete fanzone set up outside every arena where we were playing............fete/carnival is the ONLY way to draw them out in number........TTFA need to organize with the worthless tourism and culture ministries to fly the flag..........
     I am with u on all what u said there but i would like u to help me with these questions.How does those Spanish teams get the support they get?how does the Haitians get the support they get?how does everybody except T&T get the support they get?all these people we talking about live in the same areas we do,was the Gold Cup marketed to them and not us West Indians?

1]; } ?>