March 28, 2024, 09:11:22 AM

Author Topic: Rate this cat.  (Read 1839 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rate this cat.
« on: July 26, 2013, 05:23:48 PM »
I found this dude by accident, what yuhs think, is he another shock jock looking for a career, or does he really care as he comes across, what yuhs think?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pjPUKrnMbos" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pjPUKrnMbos</a>

The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
Re: Rate this cat.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 04:31:05 PM »
Nothing new really.  He's not saying anything different from El Hajj Malik El Shabazz (Malcolm X), Louis Farrakhan, Prof Leonard Jeffries, and other black 'leaders'.   Though some points he makes are debatable, he just seems to be telling it like it is.   
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 10:51:18 PM »
 :beermug:

Fella talking good!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 11:25:46 AM »
This fella sound like a fool. He doh know the difference between a cliche and a statistic. It is a statistical fact that educated black men without a prison record and with a career are scarce. Yuh got to come stronger than writing it off as "bullsh*t" or a "cliche".

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 02:19:45 PM »
This fella sound like a fool. He doh know the difference between a cliche and a statistic. It is a statistical fact that educated black men without a prison record and with a career are scarce. Yuh got to come stronger than writing it off as "bullsh*t" or a "cliche".
Maybe it is so in your neighbourhood but not in mines.
Where do you live?
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 03:06:07 PM »
Where do you live?

well, ever since ah get de death threat, ah does be on the move.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 05:12:07 PM »

Ribbit --- Are you referring to the US? 

Also, when you say it's a statistical fact that educated black men without a prison record are scarce, what level education are you referring to?  High-school?  University?

And what percentage level is scarce?

I'm not trying to be argumentative...but people love to throw these sentences around without really basing it on anything.  Indeed it's a shame that the prison population is mostly black men, and a real shame that black men are unjustly targeted by the system to serves these prison sentences...many in jail for victimless 'crimes' (drug related etc). 

But MOST black men in the US do NOT have a prison record, and we are NOT a scarce educated commodity.  This is yet another sad racist stereotype that fools people into thinking if they come across a black man in the US, then mostly likely he has a criminal record. 

Not doubting that we have a problem with too many black men in jail, but as Public Enemy said --- 'Don't believe the hype'.   :beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 05:15:29 PM »
Where do you live?

well, ever since ah get de death threat, ah does be on the move.

:rotfl:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 01:45:18 PM »

Also, when you say it's a statistical fact that educated black men without a prison record are scarce, what level education are you referring to?  High-school?  University?

I'm not trying to be argumentative...but people love to throw these sentences around without really basing it on anything.  Indeed it's a shame that the prison population is mostly black men, and a real shame that black men are unjustly targeted by the system to serves these prison sentences...many in jail for victimless 'crimes' (drug related etc). 

But MOST black men in the US do NOT have a prison record, and we are NOT a scarce educated commodity.  This is yet another sad racist stereotype that fools people into thinking if they come across a black man in the US, then mostly likely he has a criminal record. 

Not doubting that we have a problem with too many black men in jail, but as Public Enemy said --- 'Don't believe the hype'.   :beermug:

OM, the precise context is from the JC's post. yes, is the US - i think nasheed hail from detroit.

OM, are you familiar with the statistics on incarceration for black men in the US? you don't think that has an impact on mate selection in the black community?

but ah picking up a vibe that "if it doh affect me, is not my problem". that is understandable and i respect that point of view also. that a hell of a lot more honest than these 4kers that making money PRETENDING to be concerned.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 03:32:45 PM »

OM, are you familiar with the statistics on incarceration for black men in the US? you don't think that has an impact on mate selection in the black community?

but ah picking up a vibe that "if it doh affect me, is not my problem". that is understandable and i respect that point of view also. that a hell of a lot more honest than these 4kers that making money PRETENDING to be concerned.

Regarding the sentence I boldfaced:  Actually on the contrary...not saying that at all.  I was merely stating that the declaration you made that MOST black men are uneducated and have a criminal record, is actually not true.  Yes, it is true for MANY black men in the US, but don't let the white racist media fool you into thinking that the stereotype of most black men having a criminal record, is true.  Just because the prison population is unfairly mostly African American males, doesn't mean that most African American males outside of prison have a criminal record.

That's all I was clarifying with you.  Don't believe the white racist media hype here in the US.   

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 01:18:16 PM »

Regarding the sentence I boldfaced:  Actually on the contrary...not saying that at all.  I was merely stating that the declaration you made that MOST black men are uneducated and have a criminal record, is actually not true.  Yes, it is true for MANY black men in the US, but don't let the white racist media fool you into thinking that the stereotype of most black men having a criminal record, is true.  Just because the prison population is unfairly mostly African American males, doesn't mean that most African American males outside of prison have a criminal record.

That's all I was clarifying with you.  Don't believe the white racist media hype here in the US.   

what ah said was "educated black men without a prison record and with a career are scarce". that means all three conditions apply.

the opposite of this is not "black men that are uneducated and have a criminal record" rather "black men that are uneducated OR have a criminal record". the first part of this is becoming increasingly the case (c.f. gender gap in education between black females and black males) and the second part has already been mentioned (re: prison). i still contend, with the first factor becoming a bigger problem and the second factor already a problem, this does not bode well.

ah hear you on the MEDIA and the constant battle of correcting misperceptions but my feeling is that this will be the LAST thing to change in this struggle. the reality on the ground have to shift first and the media will follow - it always lags.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 05:07:21 PM »
For a long time. I used to hear that there were more black men in prison than in college. Actually, it is not true. It never was. It depends on how you look at the statistic. There are about 840,000 blacks males in prison. Does one look at the length of stay? 6months to lifers. As far as college attendence for black males, it's about 1.4 million. We must look at length of stay in school, 1, 2 , 4 yrs.  But 840 thous. is damn high  when you compare the % of the blacks to the US pop.  Too damn high and utterlly ridiculous.

When this survey was first done, a number of black colleges and some white colleges never particpated in the survey, hence the discrepency.

1]; } ?>