March 28, 2024, 05:13:38 AM

Author Topic: Birchall set to consider his future with T&T  (Read 14070 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall set to consider his future with T&T
« on: July 27, 2013, 08:04:28 AM »
Birchall set to consider his future with T&T
The Sentinel

CHRIS Birchall could be ready to quit international football to concentrate solely on his career at Port Vale.

The 29-year-old midfielder missed a large part of the Valiants' pre-season programme as he was on duty with Trinidad and Tobago in the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

And, after their exit at the quarter-final stage, he says he'll think "long and hard" about playing for the Soca Warriors again.

"I'll have a good look at it and see if playing for Trinidad and Tobago is jeopardising my club football," he said.

"We are out of the World Cup qualifiers now, so for a couple of years there won't be much to play for.

"I'll speak to the gaffer (Micky Adams) and see what he wants me to do this season if and when I get call-ups.

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall set to consider his future with T&T
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 09:06:06 AM »
Pretty much expected.  I think everyone more-or-less realized that he probably played his last game in a T&T uniform in the dying minutes of the Mexico game last week Saturday. 

Whether he plays for T&T again, all the best, CB!

You represented the country well with hard work and honour.   :beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 09:07:47 AM »
Do what you got to Birchie if you want to focus on your club we wont criticize you for that. But I blame you Stephen Hart for using him to late against Mexico AND when he could have had some playing time in the last 4 games of the Gold Cup!!!   :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: >:( >:( >:( >:( :pissedoff: :pissedoff: :pissedoff:

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 09:40:34 AM »
he got to do what he got to do. Talking to his manager is a waste of time because we all know what he's going to say. He needs to talk to Hart also.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 10:23:43 AM »
Do what you got to Birchie if you want to focus on your club we wont criticize you for that. But I blame you Stephen Hart for using him to late against Mexico AND when he could have had some playing time in the last 4 games of the Gold Cup!!!   :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: >:( >:( >:( >:( :pissedoff: :pissedoff: :pissedoff:

u blame hart? birchall looked real out of shape...which made sense when u looked at his twitter posts where he complained about the intensity of the training sessions...the man unfit right now.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 10:30:03 AM »

Most on here wondered about his exclusion from the lineup, but when he came on for the Mexico game you could look at his physical appearance ( the pooch) and surmise that he was not in the best of condition. Obviously the coach and training staff felt, for whatever reason that he was not up to par.
I wish him well in all of his future endeavors and hope that his international career did not end against Mexico. :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 10:45:26 AM »

We have another coach on de board.

Anyway, I love Birchall, but he is not fit and was not used, bottom line.

I respect his opinion and he will be a player we will always remember for T&T.

Hopefully, we will see him in the future for T&T to help pass something along the younger ones.

Good luck Me Mum.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 02:54:24 PM »
If international duty is a lot of football training with tough matches, then how can that set you back with League One preparations? If anything, you come back sharper and fitter.  He should be thankful he even got called up as he hasnt been playing anywhere and has been in poor shape.
Hart for president

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 03:06:43 PM »
As Royal say, don't know why he is bothering talking to his club manager (especially a British one!) about his international future. There is only one way that conversation would come out in favour of T&T and that is if Adams still considers him a fringe player so keeping him in the international picture would help with his marketability if they wanted to sell him.

Yes he was clearly unfit & yes we ain't got any competitive fixtures until after Brazil but I think the extended riding of the pine had a part to play with this soul searching. He has almost always been a first teamer since he agreed to play for us; must have been hard to stomach especially when they first insisted on persisting with an ineffective Theobald and then didn't consider him as an option to replace Bleeder.

It will be a shame if he does call it a day as he could still have been an option for 2018. Would have only been 32 or 33 by tournament time and we all know Concacaf have the longest qualification of all regions. Plus, playing fuh T&T seems to extend the playing career (if not your success  ::) ) well into the 30's.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 03:15:01 PM »
If international duty is a lot of football training with tough matches, then how can that set you back with League One preparations? If anything, you come back sharper and fitter.  He should be thankful he even got called up as he hasnt been playing anywhere and has been in poor shape.

:beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 03:29:36 PM »
Birchall was unhappy he did not play and should not be, the first game vs el Salvador maybe but not the rest because he was not match fit and we needed running legs.

His Vale manager should be happy he has an international player at his club and we got him trim and fit just in time for the new season.

Birchall, just remember you are one of the original warriors and will alway be please don't get sucked into this media or club vs country thing as playing international football has help you as a Player.

There were many good players that did not even get the chance to train with the team farless play. Our captain played one game, our captain was bench and he did not mind because the team is first.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2013, 03:34:59 PM »
Guys lets try and think as a player in Birchall position would think,u was a starter from day one on the team,is not now Birchall is being benched or even called (not sure),as a player these are signs to start considering your future,does he have the descipline to play Football for four to five more years at this level.

I think he has more of a future with his club than T&T so he should talk to his club manager because that's where his Bread and Butter is.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2013, 07:20:19 PM »
Stteeeuuupppsssssss!!!

ah glad allyuh hear fuh allyuh self, the man say it eh have nothing to play for, no gold cup, no world cup, so he dun wid that until further notice.

so here it is in ah nut shell, the only reason to be an international is when something is @ stake, but when it's just friendlies or regional tourneys, lemme just wait this out and let the B teamers fight their guts out and when we qualify i will come in and do meh ting.

my self and "true trini" talked about this many times! IMO birchal saw that he may not FEATURE ON THE TEAM AS HE WOULD LIKE AND DECIDE IS BETTER TO RIDE OUT THAN TO SIT AND RIDE PINE.

two degicel cups in a row birchall was called up and he fained injury or business matters so he wont wave to participate, he never wants to play in unimportant tourneys, he only wants to star in the big games while the local base do all the heavy lifting.

and it's not just birchal but all those english players with the exception of boucaud and ricky shakes who really wanted to play for T&T.

fellas like hoyte, zamora, JLLoyd and even birchall. had those guys got ah wiff @ england yuh think they would even give T&T the slightest thought?

it's all a using game, now these fellas either realize that their english dreams would not materialize and decided finally to come play for we, but grudgingly.

i bet if T&T had the status of a mexico or uraguay they would've been in our squad since they were as young as 21 yrs old, just look @ the other hoyte who's still young(23) and could get an england call up, see if he would jump on the trini train anytime soon??
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 01:56:50 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2013, 10:26:21 PM »
Can't see how anybody could vex with the man for making this decision, everybody hadda eat.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2013, 11:00:57 PM »
When i went to the training session in jersey birchy didnt look fit. We all know what he can do when he is fit. If he decides to retire from international football it'll be ok i can respect that. Birchy will go down as one of T&T's favorites and wont be forgotten. IMO i hope he doesnt we still need that "hustlers" presence in the midfield, i believe he can still do it.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2013, 05:22:54 AM »
Stteeeuuupppsssssss!!!

ah glad allyuh hear fuh allyuh self, the man say it eh have nothing to play for, no gold cup, no world cup, so he dun wid that until further notice.

so here it is in ah nut shell, the only reason to be an international is when something is @ steak, but when it's just friendlies or regional tourneys, lemme just wait this out and let the B teamers fight their guts out and when we qualify i will come in and do meh ting.

my self and "true trini" talked about this many times! IMO birchal saw that he may not FEATURE ON THE TEAM AS HE WOULD LIKE AND DECIDE IS BETTER TO RIDE OUT THAN TO SIT AND RIDE PINE.

two degicel cups in a row birchall was called up and he fained injury or business matters so he wont wave to participate, he never wants to play in unimportant tourneys, he only wants to star in the big games while the local base do all the heavy lifting.

and it's not just birchal but all those english players with the exception of boucaud and ricky shakes who really wanted to play for T&T.

fellas like hoyte, zamora, JLLoyd and even birchall. had those guys got ah wiff @ england yuh think they would even give T&T the slightest thought?

it's all a using game, now these fellas either realize that their english dreams would not materialize and decided finally to come play for we, but grudgingly.

i bet if T&T had the status of a mexico or uraguay they would've been in our squad since they were as young as 21 yrs old, just look @ the other hoyte who's still young(23) and could get an england call up, see if he would jump on the trini train anytime soon??

Normally I don't bother with statements like that and let people say what they want, but the utter nonsense you just spew there has cheesed me off. So you saying Birchall been using the country all along and because he think he is ah starboy and the situation don't suit him, he done with us.

There are two MASSIVE flaws in your argument - First, WE ASK HIM TUH PLAY FOR US , he never offer his services to T&T. Before we came calling the man had never even considered playing international ball far less playing fuh T&T. Second the man agreed as soon as we asked, there was no 'let me think and explore other options first'. All the others you mentioned were approached by T&T (some multiple times!!) and turned us down. The only reason Boucaud and Shakes considered T&T was because -like Birchall - they knew they had no future with England, very early in their careers. What makes them different to Birchall??? And please, you know many of our foreign based been avoiding the digicel since before digicel start sponsoring it. not just Birchall.  All this has been common knowledge fuh years!

Where do you get your information from  ??? ???

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2013, 06:18:10 AM »
It is amazing how quick we are to cry down our heroes! To tell you the truth there has been a natural bias against Birchall from certain posters like jus cool, but I will not get into that... All the best Birchall! I doubt we've seen the last of you in the red, white and black! Hope you have success at every level of this game.  :beermug:

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 06:26:33 AM »
...there has been a natural bias against Birchall from certain posters like jus cool, but I will not get into that.
It's pretty obvious.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 07:31:37 AM »
JC, you really hate Bleeder ahead of Chris throughout their int'l career? Hard to measure/quantify Bleeder's impact nationally IMO versus Chris and there are many contributions from Chris that changed the course of int'l games, several readily come to mind. Just hope is really footballing skills you are looking at when you critique the man and not phenotype or other passports etc. You could cuss me if u want, but it comes across more like the latter
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2013, 07:32:42 AM »
Here's a list of players who IMO, could replace birchall any day of the week.

jovin jones
darryl roberts
mekeil williams
kedell jagdoesingh
hyland
guerra
molino
hector

we don't need him if he wants to be treated special, and don't want to put in the work and earn his playing time. IMO the only reason he bitchin is bc he got very little playing time on hart's squad, and he figure's it would be a waste of his time to train and not get any playing time in these insignificant friendlies, just like the insignificant degicel cup.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 07:48:00 AM »
JC, you really hate Bleeder ahead of Chris throughout their int'l career? Hard to measure/quantify Bleeder's impact nationally IMO versus Chris and there are many contributions from Chris that changed the course of int'l games, several readily come to mind. Just hope is really footballing skills you are looking at when you critique the man and not phenotype or other passports etc. You could cuss me if u want, but it comes across more like the latter
Barataria i believe you smarter than that.

tell me this, if i hating on CB only bc he's white, then explain me why i rate and lobby for ppl like pfister and beehakker, why am i one of the few who calls our own ppl xenophobic if i adhere to the same principles??  that would make me the hypocrite of the decade if your speculative assertions were true, now wouldn't it?

despite my out spoken ways on white supremacy (this western white governmental system, not to be mistaken with the ayrian nation) i have nothing against white individuals like many of the baboons on here may like to think, as ah matter of fact i have half white kids believe it or not, and many white colleagues whom i get on very well with.

in ah nut shell, i think CB is very average and nothing to lose sleep over. as ah matter of fact i would be more worried if last leg carlos says he's contemplating retirement, than one trick pony CB.

BTW, my favorite player for a long time was steven gerard, and no i'm not a pool fan. another player who fascinates me id chritiano ronaldo, so white boy eh have sh!t to do with this, bottom line is, the man is ah lame duck!! end of fackin story!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 07:50:00 AM by just cool »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2013, 07:57:07 AM »
Well, I brought it up b/c while I understand and oftentimes agree with you on many anti-neocolonial, pro African positions this one (which you clarified is not one of the same) is very puzzling. If you are making a today statement about Chris I could understand it, no pro baller showing that level of fat is ready for international ball, so clearly he has some work to do to get back fit. But once fit, if you examine what he has contributed to the national team his contributions are tremendous, stevie wonder and ray Charles could see that and thus would be great to have in the mix, experience wise as well -- you need that in the dressing room. Your list put up while true today should also be taken in the context of his current fitness. Bottom line, we need all of our pool ready for the next series of comptetive games leading into the 2018 quals. CB is 28, has more to contribute IMO, along with KJ and the others who are on the right side of 30. Bless
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2013, 12:14:05 PM »
Legend 8

just go out and  cement a starting spot for Vale...thats the start...
get your drive and passion back for the game...
after all...this man come out the blue...play every minute at the WC finals... 2 league medals in MLS...maybe he thinks he had enough...who knows

Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2013, 01:14:23 PM »
Men talking about him not offering much to the national squad, yet it was goals from him that kept us in the hunt for our first World Cup. When last Bleeder score a goal/assist a goal/ prevent a goal??

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2013, 05:04:37 PM »
So d football finally look like it getting back on track and allyuh pissing on a man who eh sell like many others out and give blood, sweat and tears from d moment he realize he was a son of d soil........he still young and should not be physically burnt out so I hope to see him continue being a shining image of hard work and discipline for our young athletes to follow........or allyuh know something from behind d scenes?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2013, 06:12:58 PM »
Men talking about him not offering much to the national squad, yet it was goals from him that kept us in the hunt for our first World Cup. When last Bleeder score a goal/assist a goal/ prevent a goal??
So wait!!  ah man like stern who have 100 caps with 69 goals get to be ridiculed, even going through WCQ in 2005 which he netted 8 fackin goals, but birchall who score one goal for the cause is untouchable, and if anyone remotely throw a critical comment his way, it brings so much uproar?? man allyuh must like the taste of white poo!!

lemme ask yuh this though, when last he scored for us?? every time i criticize birchall i have to hear bout his great hussle and that one goal that helped took us to a WC, a WC that evidently took our football down to bare board bc of the impasse and the WC money that jack had a plan for in the first place.

i eh hate the bredder, but what is all the hype about, the guy eh all dat, he 's very ordinary. i could understand if the man was ah goal machine or an assist king, but what the guy brings to the team we could get that from one of the many midfielders that i specified earlier.

So d football finally look like it getting back on track and allyuh pissing on a man who eh sell like many others out and give blood, sweat and tears from d moment he realize he was a son of d soil........he still young and should not be physically burnt out so I hope to see him continue being a shining image of hard work and discipline for our young athletes to follow........or allyuh know something from behind d scenes?
So bleeder don't give his all, in that last tourney hyland didn't give his all, roberts didn't give his all?? but yet allyuh pound them!

right through the game man was bawlin for roberts to come off while he was bustin ah gut for the team, same with hyland, and doh talk for bleeder, that man never turn down ah call up, and is one of our very faithful players, but allyuh treat this boy worst than mud froth.  stueeppsss!

man talking bout "allyuh must know something behind the scenes", anybody have to know what's goin to give their opinion on a players. sttiuueeepppsssss! allyuh does kill me sore yes!!  since when golden boy is beyond reproach.

PS: and it have nuff members who feel the same as i do but scared sh!tless to stand up and back ah mdfkr!! real soft pussy sh!t!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 01:57:51 AM by just cool »

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2013, 08:47:06 PM »
Ok soldier.........who else need to be given their walking papers?

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 09:20:33 AM »
So wait!!  ah man like stern who have 100 caps with 69 goals get to be ridiculed, even going through WCQ in 2005 which he netted 8 fackin goals, but birchall who score one goal for the cause is untouchable, and if anyone remotely throw a critical comment his way, it brings so much uproar?? man allyuh must like the taste of white poo!!

lemme ask yuh this though, when last he scored for us?? every time i criticize birchall i have to hear bout his great hussle and that one goal that helped took us to a WC, a WC that evidently took our football down to bare board bc of the impasse and the WC money that jack had a plan for in the first place.

i eh hate the bredder, but what is all the hype about, the guy eh all dat, he 's very ordinary. i could understand if the man was ah goal machine or an assist king, but what the guy brings to the team we could get that from one of the many midfielders that i specified earlier.

So bleeder don't give his all, in that last tourney hyland didn't give his all, roberts didn't give his all?? but yet allyuh pound them!

right through the game man was bawlin for roberts to come off while he was bustin ah gut for the team, same with hyland, and doh talk for bleeder, that man never turn down ah call up, and is one of our very faithful players, but allyuh treat this boy worst than mud froth.  stueeppsss!

man talking bout "allyuh must know something behind the scenes", anybody have to know what's goin to give their opinion on a players. sttiuueeepppsssss! allyuh does kill me sore yes!!  since when golden boy is beyond reproach.

PS: and it have nuff members who feel the same as i do but scared sh!tless to stand up and back ah mdfkr!! real soft pussy sh!t!
I get what you saying, and I agree that he isn't a superior talent, but my issue is that if the man said he needed to evaluate his future with the team how does that make him a "star boy" who only thinking bout his self which is what the initial comments seemed to suggest. If you not a fan blast away, but keep it in perspective cuz as u said people including myself put men like Stern and Bleeder on blast. Birchall knows why he didnt see playing time this tournament. All I'm saying is if he have to feed his family MNT ball could take a back seat.  :beermug:

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2013, 03:14:15 PM »
like de man say, club football is he bread and butter. league one players doh make much so if something happen b/c of playing for t&t who going and feed he family?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2013, 04:21:52 PM »
I have no problem with the fella taking a back seat (retiring), that's all well and good, but don't come later when we are in contention foranother WC or gold cup and express his desire to play once more, this is my point.

listen to the words the man used as to why he may consider retirement, "we're out of the world cup qualifiers now, so for a couple yrs their wont be much to play for".

this sound like to me this guy is not interested in playing "insignificant" football (friendlies), just tournament football. so the other players could work toward rebuilding a cohesive unit, while other players take a back seat until tournament time?? this i would have to say is quint essential birchall mentality.

just go back and see how many friendlies and caribbean tourneys did birchall participated in,  even when his season was over in MLS and was available to participate refused the call up.

as for the ppl who talking bout he busted a gut for us and was down for the cause, well why not! it's not every day a league 2 player gets the opportunity to play in a world cup. matter of fact it's ah fackin dream come through.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 06:12:56 PM by just cool »

1]; } ?>