March 28, 2024, 08:31:12 AM

Author Topic: Birchall set to consider his future with T&T  (Read 14074 times)

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall set to consider his future with T&T
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2013, 05:53:22 PM »
All the Best Birchall! You always played with heart and your goals for T&T, tho few in number, were significant. If you decide to retire, thanks for the memories Me Mum, and best wishes in your club career!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 11:29:57 PM »
It's all about playing time!

Check this different perspective from Andre Boucaud who had much more playing time than Birchall in the Gold Cup at this link: Andre Boucaud out to impress - Nottingham Post
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2013, 11:33:52 AM »
Birchall announces his retirement from international football

http://www.wired868.com/2013/08/06/birchall-announces-retirement-from-soca-warriors/
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 11:44:59 AM by royal »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2013, 11:36:10 AM »
Hmmmmm
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2013, 11:45:40 AM »
Well... good luck Birchall. Thanks for everything!

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2013, 12:13:08 PM »
Thanks Birch and see you in the next qualifiers.  :)
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2013, 12:14:43 PM »
onliest man on the field who probably did not know what Nov 19th felt like.

That was a crucial goal he score against bahrain.

if that game did finish 0-1 in the back of everybody in the country mind we would have start to talk about jinx etc etc
Nov 19th all over again.

to go to Baharian needing to win would have been difficult mentally on the guys who knows what the outcome would be

That was a crucial goal he score against bahrain.

it settle the nerves.............

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 12:49:19 PM »
Thanks for everything Birchall and good luck and GodSpeed in your future endeavours!! That goal versus Bahrain still makes me jump for joy and in my opinion was your crowning moment!! RESPECT!!

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 01:16:21 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Birchall I know you read this forum. Doh take on idiots like jus cool please. His opinions do not reflect even 0.0001% of trinidadians.
Anyway if you need to call it a day then all the best in your professional career. As far as I'm concerned we were not reaching Germany without your commitment to our country, your dedication to the team, your fight on the field, and your goal against Bahrain!  :beermug:
Let no one cry you down, Hold your head high for you are a true Soca Warrior!  :salute:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 01:19:57 PM »
I doubt this forum have anything to do with it. I will be shocked if it does
Youtube Channel

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2013, 01:36:49 PM »
LEGEND

Thank you Chris for your service and always giving 100% in the red black and white

Really Sad news... Good luck with your club career and buss de net

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 02:02:27 PM »
a man must do what a man have to do.

nice retirement letter - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151637678258929&set=a.10150284289968929.347400.22087728928&type=1

big up Birchall!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KV0SxGDkF2o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KV0SxGDkF2o</a>
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:11:53 PM by Andre »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Birchall set to consider his future with T&T
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2013, 02:11:39 PM »
a man must do what a man have to do.

big up Birchall!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KV0SxGDkF2o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KV0SxGDkF2o</a>

I saw this live and direct!
Youtube Channel

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2013, 02:37:21 PM »
For the life of me I didn't expect a reply strewn with racist undertones by JC. No need for that type of language or behavior!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2013, 03:02:13 PM »
When ever we build TT Football Hall of Fame, you will be there together prominently with those who never had the opportunity to play in WC qualifiers, those who almost made it, and the future ones who will take us there again. What a goal!!!! Me Mum. Thanks for the great memories. I hope this retirement from football does not mean you will retire back in Port Vale. Get your FA badge. Come and impart your knowledge on the youngsters in TT. Who knows, you will be TT national team coach one day. Let me see if they go call you foreigner. ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 03:07:58 PM by Deeks »

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2013, 04:58:41 PM »
Thanks and good luck Chris!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2013, 05:45:33 PM »
In my estimation this fella was never fully appreciated by the old Federation, and some would argue the new as well.  No sense in leaving yuh club to come TnT and ride pine in these b.s. competitions we does be playing in, not when your own professional livelihood at stake.

Well done Chris, always a Trini, always a Warrior... and best of wishes moving forward  :beermug:

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2013, 06:12:27 PM »
Thank you Chris! Blessings and best wishes in all your future endeavors.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uMnxLgf5YeI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uMnxLgf5YeI</a>
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2013, 06:20:19 PM »
Man is class..thanks me mum...true warrior! All de best star
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2013, 07:34:40 PM »
Thanks Chris for your commitment and contributions to Team T&T. All the best with your continued club career. Don't be a stranger to SWO we appreciate you and wish you the very best. We will miss your hustle in the engine room.  :salute:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2013, 09:15:52 PM »
 :beermug: All the Best that goal v Bahrain will forever be edged in my memory.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2013, 09:47:02 PM »
good luck and thanks for the service...

after i pointed out his out of timing comment after the guyana match, that set the tone for how players are viewed and what must be given to the national colours :beermug:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2013, 01:52:26 AM »
Birchall calls it a day from international football.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association acknowledges the decision by midfielder Christopher Birchall to retire from  international football.

Birchall sent a letter to the TTFA at 5:30am on Tuesday August 6th, 2013 which effectively means his last appearance for Trinidad and Tobago would have been the 2013 Concacaf Gold Cup quarter-final fixture against Mexico.

TTFA President Raymond Tim Kee thanked Birchall’s for his services to this country.

“We would like to acknowledge the letter sent by Christopher Birchall indicating his decision to retire from international football and the national team. We at the TTFA, and I speak on behalf of the coaches, his teammates and the local fraternity, take this opportunity to wish Chris the very best for the future and his career at the club level.

His services to our country’s national team have been of tremendous significance and played a great role in our thrust forward. His goal in the opening leg of the playoff versus Bahrain remains etched in our minds,” Tim Kee stated.

The 29-year-old Birchall scored four goals in 43 appearances for T&T. He made his debut on May 25th, 2005 in a friendly international against Bermuda. His first competitive appearance was against Panama in a 2006 World Cup qualifier on June 4th, 2005.

Below is a transcript of Birchall’s resignation letter.

I am writing to inform the TTFA of my immediate retirement from International football for Trinidad & Tobago.

I have thought long and hard about my decision and although it is a very difficult decision for me to make, I believe it's the correct one.

I would like to concentrate on my club football with Port Vale FC and give my best for the years I have left with them.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank many people that have made my international career possible and colourful throughout.

Mr Jack Warner made it all possible for me and I will always be eternally thankful to him for introducing me to the start of my journey with the team. He made me and my family very welcome to the country and gave my mother a chance to come home to Trinidad.

Mr Mike Berry whom worked with Mr Warner made my early years with the team exciting and was always there to communicate with to make my transition very easy.

I would like to take time to thank all the coaches I've worked under with the national team, Mr Beenhakker, Mr Rijsbergen ,Mr Maturana, Mr Latapy, Mr Hutson Charles and Mr Shabazz and Mr Stephen Hart.

A special mention has to go to Mr Beenhakker, he was the first coach I worked under and had a special relationship with, he knew what he wanted to do with the Soca Warriors and  personally what he wanted from me to help the team create history and qualify for our first ever World Cup, without him  it would never have been possible and subsequently it produced the best memories of all of our lifetime.

To all of the players I've played with, they have all been an honour to play with and all brought their own strengths to represent the nation.

The 2006 squad was an exceptional one and was led by Dwight Yorke. As the captain I'd like to thank him for being a friend off the pitch and welcoming me with open arms to the team and on the pitch being a warrior and a pleasure to play in the middle of the park with.

Players like Kelvin Jack, Shaka Hislop, Clayton Ince,Tiger Fitzpatrick, David Nakhid, Stern John, Russell Latapy, Brent Sancho, Avery John,Dennis Lawrence, Marvin Andrews, Carlos Edwards, Densill Theobald, Kenwyne Jones have all become friends and I'd like to thank them all.

Mr Peter Rampersad has been there every step of the way as the technical manager and has done an amazing job and hopefully will continue to do so.

Last I would like to thank the most important people of all, the fans and the general public of Trinidad & Tobago.

Never did I think I would be accepted in the manner of which I did, the support I have received over the years has been phenomenal and I think it was made easier due to my fighting spirit and hard attitude on the pitch.

It is hard to call it a day but if I have left just one historic memory with the fans then I have achieved much more than I ever dreamed imaginable with the team.

I have always tried to give 100% on the pitch and give my all for the nation whenever called upon and wear the shirt with pride as I know how many people would die for my opportunity.

So with pride I announce my international retirement and look forward to seeing future Soca Warriors represent the country under the special guidance of coaches and TTFA president Mr Raymond Tim Kee.

Yours Faithfully
Chris Birchall

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 02:07:22 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2013, 06:29:53 AM »
Thank you Mr.Birchall...

May new opportunities open up for you....

You never know, perhaps one day you may return to coach TNT or help out in the PFL.....

All the best and thank you for your sacrifice....and service... Triniboy
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2013, 06:42:17 AM »
For the life of me I didn't expect a reply strewn with racist undertones by JC. No need for that type of language or behavior!!
News Flash: JUST COOL HATES HIMSELF!
This is the only conclusion I can come to. Has anyone ever noticed that when he maligns us on this forum, he refers to us as monkeys or baboons? The same derogatory insults we've tried to move away from as a people for many years. Yet he does this to divide us. Just Cool doesn't dislike white people he just loathes himself... blast away I'm done, all I feel is pitty for you now...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 06:46:31 AM by de_redman »

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2013, 08:03:17 AM »
After all is said done,you came through for us,you even brought us closer as a nation and people,we called and you came giving all spearing none,if this is truely your desire,I will say thank you so very much and I am positive many will be in agreement,you truely belong in the Hall of our heroes,you have earned that right
Take a bow and when you are through make sure you hold your head high,you are truely a WARRIOR.... :worried: :devil:

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2013, 09:20:45 AM »
Thank you and good luck to you Chris!!!

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2013, 11:57:18 AM »
chris birchall ... take a bow warrior !!  you will certainly be remembered by many for representing  the red , white and black  colours of trinidad and tobago  honourably , professionally and with commitment, thankyou very much indeed  you've done us proud along with the rest of your team mates of 2006 .. all of you  brought tremendous joy to all of trinidad and tobago , so  to you warrior chris birchall may god bless you and your family with sustainable health  and wishing you the very best  in all of your lifes future endeavours ......... best wishes  and thanks much for the memories...( n.b)   here's hoping this will not be the last contribution to the national football programme .  chris birchall .....god bless

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2013, 12:15:56 PM »
good luck and thanks for the service...

after i pointed out his out of timing comment after the guyana match, that set the tone for how players are viewed and what must be given to the national colours :beermug:
Look how peer pressure does make man turn pussy, and change their tune in order to appease.

first rule of life = always remain true to your self. here's ah yellow card for a yellow belly fello.     :yellowcard:

Just Cool you really need to cool it now.  There is no need for these kinda personal attacks on Chris Birchall's character.

Offline damiangoal

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2013, 12:44:32 PM »
To the Mighty Warrior, may God continue to bless every thing you touch. You and the rest of "2006" team made us believe that we too as citizens can be the greatest in anything we do with your never say die spirit. Mr. Christopher Birchall you have shown us that to be a "Warrior" is to show "TRUE GRIT".  :applause:
So on behalf of me and my wife Carmen, thank you and may the the light that is Jesus Christ continue to light your path! :peace: :salute:

1]; } ?>