March 28, 2024, 03:51:41 AM

Author Topic: Birchall set to consider his future with T&T  (Read 14069 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall set to consider his future with T&T
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2013, 12:48:46 PM »
LEGEND 7

blessings to you and the Fam...respect forever

Warri facking or
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2013, 03:34:32 PM »
Chris Birchall your name is forever stamped in the hearts of many Trinis. You came in as an unknown quantity and delivered time and time again for TNT, omg your goals your goals!!! Damn these will long be reviewed. You were a workhorse for us even in the midst of other "professionals" , I only wish is if more of our players could give us half of what you brought to the team we would have more to be proud of. Just like that you played in a World Cup for Trinidad and Tobago where many before you and after can only dream of doing.
You have given your best for us and it is sad to see you go, and I do hope you have continued success at Port Vale

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2013, 03:54:54 PM »
Thanks for all the great memories, your dedication and efforts will never be forgotten. :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2013, 09:04:49 PM »
A servant to the Red White and Black, thanks for your service. Should look into coaching when he retires, a player who gets the absolute most out of his god given talents usually makes a good coach.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2013, 03:49:33 PM »
Anyhow, finally meeting Chris was an absolute honor. I wish him all the best in the future.

He has always put his best foot forward for T&T. Its sad to see someone 29 years old hanging up his boot but its his decision and we have to respect that.

Had it not been for the blacklist we would have seen more of him and at a better capacity and even though he was not blacklisted after 2006 but the chemistry broke and things changed in the admin for the worst which I am sure affected him among others.

Glad he was part of the team that beat USA and was instrumental in that game as well...

Good luck Birchall, you will always be remembered and your goal against Bahrain will live in our history books and minds forever.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 03:59:42 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2013, 12:55:38 AM »
Thank you Chris for your exemplary dedication and service to the red, white & black.   :beermug:

It was great to meet you and support you at a local Port-Vale FC game in 2005 before you helped us qualify with that dynamic and most memorable goal against Bahrain!

Wishing you all the best with the rest of your football career and I will do my best to come and see you play at a game or two with Port Vale FC as you will forever be Soca Warrior #7 for me and all other Trinis.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:00:47 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2013, 06:29:48 AM »
Thanks for de goal against Bahrain...... :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2013, 07:11:13 AM »
Since Birchall retired to focus on his club career he have not started or played in a game for them.

Being an international rises your stock.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2013, 09:04:21 AM »
Since Birchall retired to focus on his club career he have not started or played in a game for them.

Being an international rises your stock.

I've said it before; I think his retiring had less to do with his club career and more to do with him ridin the pine at the GC. It is a difficult decision to commit to playing for T&T when your chances of playing are slim for both club and country, so many things go against you in the lower leagues if you are an international but fighting for a starting spot at your club. I think he looked at his options and realised at this stage he had little choice but to do what he did as the club career is the one that pays the bills.

I highly doubt that if he was still a certain starter that international retirment would have been seriously considered. This is not meant to be critical of his decision, just an opinion. Birchall was a great servant to the MNT.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2013, 09:19:14 AM »
I think Chris riding pine at the GC had more to do with his belly than the actual competition in the team.

Chris should still be a major factor in pro football for the next three years.
With TT having no WC prospects for that period, he is logically trying to cement a place in a good club.

I guarantee you if in 2017 we in the semis or the hex final, and Chris has good form, he will "unretire."

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2013, 02:48:37 PM »
It's been that way even before he retired. It's probably why he retired.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2013, 09:53:31 PM »
Thanks Me mum for your contribution to the brand of the Warriors when it was at its highest.
I will never forget that goal against Bahrain. You did it and made many of us happy like pappy. Awesome when one looks back at those days fighting up like crabs in a barrel to make World Cup.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2013, 01:48:44 PM »
Birchall fully focused on club commitments
The Sentinel

THIS afternoon's World Cup draw will bring back happy memories for Chris Birchall, but matters in Burslem rather than Brazil are at the forefront of his mind these days.

Eight years ago, Birchall was in the Crown Hotel in Stone to watch the draw for the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany.

The midfielder, from Yarnfield, was practically dancing on the ceiling when his Trinidad and Tobago side were paired in the same group as England.

He went on to represent club and country with distinction as Vale's first-ever World Cup finalist helped Trinidad to a draw with Sweden before they suffered 2-0 defeats to England and Paraguay.

That was the highlight of an international career which ended last month when Birchall played his last game for the Soca Warriors in a 2-0 home victory over Jamaica.

The 29-year-old, who qualifies because his mum, Jenny, was born in Trinidad, had retired from international football in the summer, but was invited back for a farewell game.

He said: "I can't believe it is eight years since that draw.

"I was just a whippersnapper then and it was one of the most exciting times of my life.

"I'm sorry to be saying goodbye to football with Trinidad and Tobago because I appreciate everything they have done for me.

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>