April 28, 2024, 02:07:24 AM

Poll

Can T&T make it out of this group.

Yes
7 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Women U-20 Football Thread  (Read 71043 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-20 girls beaten but not disgraced
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2010, 06:47:29 PM »
Elan for a guy that has over 5000 posts I would think that you see that big picture.
The womens program in the past did not have the structure that it has now nor the funding.
It takes money to make money so to speak.
The biggest issue is developing local grssroots talent and not having to rely as much on foreign based players.
Will the program ever get to a point to not have to use Foreign based players ? Probabaly not however the grassroots technical skill abilities as well ads tactical knowledge will improve greatly and quite quickly having a structured management team in place. Time will tell folks , so be patient !!
With TnT hosting the U17 Womens WC this year and coming close to making it to the last WC with very little time in it's training. The more structured and of course having a decent players pool will go along way to taking the womens national program to where it needs to go. Rome was not built in a day and it takes time. However you have to start somewhere. Calling for Shabazz's & Charle's heads are just counter productive and would set things back. They now have no excuses as the funding is there & the structure. So let them go and do there jobs & then we can measure the successes over time.

Cheers   19
Where were you for the last 20 years may I ask ? Do you think this talk is new ? Like you never hear Minshall talk ...de ,man could make you buy a stone he picked up on the way to see you . I hope if you ever meet Warner you sew down your pocket  :beermug:

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2010, 11:20:20 AM »
Stick's and Stone's my friend , Stick's and Stones !!!!!!!!!
Stop living in the past and come into the 21st century.
Give the coaching staff some lienency as they have direction from their new director (Even Pellerud).
Just because Charles and Shabazz were involved before does not mean we are doomed to fail.
It's going to be tough however the resources and structure seem to be in place so lets sit back and try and give them a chance.

Cheers     19

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2010, 02:21:40 PM »
Stick's and Stone's my friend , Stick's and Stones !!!!!!!!!
Stop living in the past and come into the 21st century.
Give the coaching staff some lienency as they have direction from their new director (Even Pellerud).
Just because Charles and Shabazz were involved before does not mean we are doomed to fail.
It's going to be tough however the resources and structure seem to be in place so lets sit back and try and give them a chance.

Cheers     19

You keep saying step into the future, but yet you all keep using outdated coaches to step into the 21st century. It's like buying a mac book pro and yuh house have dial up. Just don't make any sense. What qualifications Shabazz and Marlon have that two of them running women football in T&T for so long?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2010, 03:47:53 PM »
Elan are you any more qualified than what Shabazz and Charles are ?
Do any of you that are biatching have all of your licenses? Have you let it been known that you want to coach the Princesses ?
All of you are missing the point , the women's program has never had the support or structure than what it does now. So cut the two incumbents some slack and let them try and do there job's.
If the Princesses get smoked and show no discipline on the pitch as far as tactics and technical knowledge then hold the coaches accountable. You all forget these two have been doing the coaching on honorariums and volunteerism over the past number of years. They now have structured accountability from the TTFF whereby it was never there before. So give them some time under the new regime as only time will tell. Unless you have some effective solution for us please am open minded to hear them.

Cheers     19

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2010, 04:27:19 PM »
agree with yuh with respect to the U-15 boys and U18 girls, especially when yuh talking about national team.
On the other hand with respect to the U13 girls ODP team.
What academy U13 boys team did those girls play. Those girls definately did not playa top U13 boys team/ academy. I have seen team like Fc ohio, PDA, Baltimore bays, triangle FC,  and Century united, U12/13 boys play and from what i have seen no U13 girls team can compete with either of these team. I am quite sure that there are better  U13 boys teams than what i mention above. Them girls play some "shithounds". Not like yuh say de game was close, you said there were out played and that the girls were more techinical. Trust me i have seen some ballers at 12 and 13 years old.
Not to put a knock on the ODP girls, because i myself coach girls also. However if you put ODP girls against a top academy team in the same age group there is no way girls will out play them.  That's why i am saying yuh play ah shyt squard.

Eldo man I fully understand where you are headed with your comments. However, you are not sitting on the bench I am sitting so i will down play your ignorance. I can assure you that these players would have competed with those teams you speak of since I am familiar with all of them. /www.arsenalsoccernj.com/about.htm Arsenal soccer club is one of the top clubs on the east coast. If you were able to see these girls play you would understand. When you have a minute do some research on the level of play between different gendas at the u13 level. You will be surprised to find out how close they are generally in their overall abilities. In no way am I advocating that girls are generally better than boys at this age. However, from time to time you will have an elite girls teams that can do just that. Let me remind you that these girls are considered as 65 of the best players in the country. The boys team is one of the best in their state/region. I am sure that it would have been a different story had they played the region I ODP U13 boys team. But to act as though the only way this was possible was due to the boys not being good tells me that you are not adept when it comes to the women's game. I will forgive you. I have only been working with some of the very best female players for the past 20 years. Hopefully I might just have an idea of what I am talking about
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U-20 Women settle in Guatemala for World qualifiers
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2010, 09:38:12 AM »
U-20 Women settle in Guatemala for World qualifiers
T&T Guardian

T&T’s Under-20 Soca Princesses arrived in Guatemala City yesterday ahead of the upcoming Concacaf Final Qualifying round towards the Fifa Under-20 Women’s World Cup in Germany later this year. The team, under coach Jamaal Shabazz checked in at the luxurious Hotel Tikal Futura and had welcomed news in the return of Canadian-born utility player Arin King from injury. She is back to full fitness and is likely to contest for a place the squad.

Assistant coach Marlon Charles commented on King’s return saying: “Arin is a special player and she opens up options for us to use her in midfield or defence this is very good news for the team.”T&T open their campaign against Mexico on Friday before coming up against Caribbean Football Union rivals Jamaica and USA and Shabazz feels the team should peak in time for the crucial qualifiers following their timely two warm-up games against Costa Rica which they drew 0-0 on Thursday and lost 2-1 on Friday.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-20 Women settle in Guatemala for World qualifiers
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2010, 11:27:12 AM »
if we make the semis the games on FSC next week.

represent ladies!

tv schedules - http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/tvschedule/story/printableschedule

AirMan

« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2010, 11:34:15 AM »
Thanks for de link

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2010, 12:21:26 PM »
no prob man. i is print them schedule out weekly.

i is call them Weekend Planners though.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2010, 06:45:16 PM »
GO T&T GO

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Women's U-20s to be streamed live at CONCACAF.com
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2010, 07:28:43 PM »
Women's U-20s to be streamed live at CONCACAF.com
CONCACAF.com

The CONCACAF Women's Under-20 Championship in Guatemala will be available via live streaming video at the confederation's Web site when the tournament begins Wednesday.

All 16 games can be watched at CONCACAF.com's video portal, CONCACAF TV, the first time a continental confederation has offered free comprehensive live coverage of a youth tournament online. Users will have to sign-up to view the games, but there is no charge for the one-time registration.

"Our internet coverage of this tournament represents a major milestone for CONCACAF and the football world," CONCACAF President Jack Warner. "We are now able to provide live streaming free-of-charge for this and other youth tournaments which previously lacked broadcast distribution."

The games also will be viewable on-demand shortly after their conclusion.

"We recognize the critical importance that technology will play in the future of football and are committed to developing innovative ways to deliver value to our membership and fans," confederation General Secretary Chuck Blazer said.

The eight-team championship in Guatemala City begins Wednesday with a doubleheader featuring defending champion Canada and Costa Rica, and Guatemala against Cuba.

The tournament will finish January 30 with the title and third-place games. Three teams will qualify for the Under-20 Women's World Cup in Germany in July.

Follow the U-20 championship by joining the CONCACAF Facebook group or follow it on Twitter for all the latest news.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Women's U-20s to be streamed live at CONCACAF.com
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2010, 08:47:16 PM »
You have to go on and pre register your account in order to watch it live.
Suggest you do it soon and also try it out as you might have to update yourflash player as well.
The website will tell you whetehr you flash player is out of date.
The upgrade is free , it just takes time.
You can go to Concacaf TV and seean interview with Shabazz and Shade and see the Princesses training.

For those unaware there was a 6.0 magnitude earthqauke in the region today sout east of Guatemala City.
The team is fine.It was business as usual training today for the young Princesses.

Cheers   19

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2010, 09:07:51 PM »
VIDEO: Up close with Mariah Shade and Jamaal Shabazz
http://www.concacaf.com/page/WUnder20s/VideosDetail/0,,12813~1936771,00.html

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2010, 09:13:12 PM »
You see the size ah them US girls women to our women girls  :o :o
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2010, 06:38:02 AM »
Thanks for the link, did anyone notice the size of the USA girls these women are clearly a few inches taller and 20 to 25 pounds heavier than their opponents. TT girls and Guatamala girls look like children next to these grown USA women. I am hoping for a Buster Douglas vs. Mike Tyson outcome. The Guatalmala women dont even have matching warm-ups I hope that is not an indication of the money this country was willing to put into their womens program preparing for this tournament. I feel unfortunatly the US team sees this tournament as no more than a warm- up before the World Cup. We need to put a scare in them.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2010, 12:05:53 PM »
Thanks for the link, did anyone notice the size of the USA girls these women are clearly a few inches taller and 20 to 25 pounds heavier than their opponents. TT girls and Guatamala girls look like children next to these grown USA women. I am hoping for a Buster Douglas vs. Mike Tyson outcome. The Guatalmala women dont even have matching warm-ups I hope that is not an indication of the money this country was willing to put into their womens program preparing for this tournament. I feel unfortunatly the US team sees this tournament as no more than a warm- up before the World Cup. We need to put a scare in them.

Not being negative, but our captain of the U-20 just got done playing high school football, right? The captain of the USA U-20 team just finished her college season at a top college program. That's a huge difference.

The size of them US women legs who bouncing them off the ball. I hope we could keep the ball and make them cjase it for a while, cause that counter-attacking plan Jamal talking about eh sound to promising nah. We may have to be more possession oriented.

I hope the girls show some real skills.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2010, 01:58:29 PM »
Unfortunately for the opposition we are not taking this tournament lightly. in the last CONCACAF qualifiers I was very impressed with the performance of Trini U-20 team against our girls. Even though we won the last U-20 Women's World Cup we officially found out we have fallen behind the Europeans and some Asians team when it comes to the technical and some intricate tactical components of the game. Our fitness level no longer separate us from the rest of top teams in the World. Having said that our CONCACAF neighbors with the exception of Canada are still behind us when it comes to our speed athleticism and fitness. I believe these components will shine through in Guatemala. For the first time in the history of our youth team we will depending on a front-line that is depending on three black sisters. Maya (who will be one of the fastest strikers in Guatemala), Sydney(lethal goal scorer) and Tiff(goal score with pace) would be too much for the opposition. The lost to Canada is still fresh in our minds and we intend to make things right in Guatemala. All in all i expect this event to be a good one and i wish all the competing teams all the best. We are fit, focused and ready for all opposition. This team has all the components necessary to get it done. This is one Canary that has no intentions of being eaten by any owls in Guatemala. It would be nice for us to win this event and for Trini to qualify.

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2010, 04:42:13 PM »
USA again gets to qualify for a world cup against a country 1 300th the size of them. I dont have a solution for changing what is a geographic problem. I am unclear how beating small islands with suspect economies is challenging for the US or Canada. I applaud how the TT coaches attempt to get their teams up for this game. I am hoping for the faith of David for the TT girls against their Goliath. The problem is under the current format two of the possible positions appear to be locked up with Canada and USA, Mexico is quickly becoming a country that will lock up a third position. The challenge will be continue to draw interest in these games when it appears that the other mostly minority islands are playing for no other reason than to try to give some legitmacy to a CONCACAF title to the eventual North American winner.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2010, 04:45:45 PM »
USA again gets to qualify for a world cup against a country 1 300th the size of them. I dont have a solution for changing what is a geographic problem. I am unclear how beating small islands with suspect economies is challenging for the US or Canada. I applaud how the TT coaches attempt to get their teams up for this game. I am hoping for the faith of David for the TT girls against their Goliath. The problem is under the current format two of the possible positions appear to be locked up with Canada and USA, Mexico is quickly becoming a country that will lock up a third position. The challenge will be continue to draw interest in these games when it appears that the other mostly minority islands are playing for no other reason than to try to give some legitmacy to a CONCACAF title to the eventual North American winner.

The US cannot help their geographic location as much as we can do something about our size and population. This is where they have to qualify from, not their fault.

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2010, 05:27:41 PM »
if you read my post I said it is a geographic problem and did not blame the USA, I identified it as a "geographic problem". I still feel that this is not improving the game and how it is viewed in these islands. Many of the island nations including TT continues to operate with a step child mentality when it comes to COCNACAF soccer, as if they are asking to sit at the table with the natural children. As to the statement "this is where they qualify from" you say that as if there is no alternative to this requirement. I can assure you that America unlike almost any country in the world prides itself on leveling the playing filed. In fact the Constitution of the USA and it's congressional and legislative bodies are set up so that the Majority would never have complete power of the minority yet that appear to be satisfied with a completly one sided qualifying format.

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2010, 08:09:01 PM »
You see the size ah them US girls women to our women girls  :o :o

I notice that too.There's a trend taking place in women's football that has nothing to do with female biology.Since the last three Women's World Cup,there has been a strategic shift from soley being Technically Superior to being Bulky Brawny Bruisers.In the last woman's world cup,the USA for instance was Fat, Amazonian and Slow.This strategy ,I believe,was adopted because Brazil was achieving parity with the USA technically.No more uses for the small framed Mia,Pratinha,Formiga Cecee but rather for the Amazonian.Evidently,these two team's foresight suggest the need for this new edge.Brazil chose a combination of skill and brawn as compared to Usa's all brawn.They were all FAT with the exception of the keeper.The Usa's  U 20 team is  being bulked along the same lines as the seniors, through nutrition and probably at the behest of the federation, to give them that extra edge. After all,this U 20 team will soon be their senior team.
MHO
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 11:11:48 PM by mwanasoka »
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline soccerlover

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2010, 01:40:28 AM »
Since when does being FAT and SLOW give players an edge . Being physical in stature will always have its advantages especially if you already have technical and tactical superiority . This American u-20 team is imposing and quick ............slow  ?......fat.  ? .......  What planet are you on ? :rotfl: ???

Offline soccerlover

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2010, 02:51:03 AM »
  The U.S.A. does not have to level any playing field. We need to step up .Our men did it in 2006 against England and Sweden so why can't our women ? We need to spend more money on all of our female teams  and hire GOOD coaches with a positive track record .Pellerud's focus is the u-17's .Since taking over from the locals , the team has trained 7 times per week, so much so that 5 of these players are on the u-20 team in Guatemala.Unfortunately , Pellerud has left perennial losers and underachievers Jamal Shabazz and Marlon Charles in charge of our u-20's and senior teams .Together they have not won 5 games at CONCACAF level in the more than 10 years that they have been in charge of our women . Losing is a HABIT FOR THESE " COACHES ". They see the U.S.A. and Mexico as OWLS and MONSTERS and T@T as a little canary waiting to be gobbled up .What could their pep talk possibly be...all yuh... jus doh get 10!!! ? Until these men are removed and new coaches are given the opportunity to take the women's game forward ( with pay ) we are doomed to failure . Pellerud has a decent track record  but he coaches the u-17 only and it does not appear that he is brave enough to get rid of Jack's servants ( Shabazz and Marlon ). I wish the girls well .They will certainly be up against it . :'(

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2010, 04:00:20 AM »
First time ah this excited to see the Soca Princess play ..ah have a special feeling bout this team

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2010, 04:44:14 AM »
I wouldn't describe the US Women's team as fat and slow. I find those comments hilarious :rotfl: I can assure you that is not the case. You will find that out very soon. Guatemala will get a serious does of Tiff, Sydney and Maya who do not fit the fat bulky slow characteristics.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2010, 05:13:48 AM »
Marlon and Shabazz got involved in women's football at a time when it was not popular and no one really had an interest in their game. However, the time has come to pump new blood and new ideas into the women's game back home. I fully understand the concepts about numbers and geography and all the other stuff. I also believe in focusing on the things you have control over. As a young and upcoming future potential power in CONCACAF Trini has a chance to focus on the controlables and do things the right way. Their is no short cuts to player development and developing a competitive edge. With so many short comings Trini has found a way to develop some very good female players over the years. In my 20 years being involved in the women's game i have not seen many players the likes of Maylee Johnson for example. One could only imagine where women's football can be if the right approaches were taken. As much as we have done well on the world stage, we have our issues here in the US. Some countries ( Koreans, Germans, Brazilians etc)  have not only caught up but have surpass us in technical and tactical areas. To be the best you have to learn from the best. I am not sure what Marlon and Shabazz have been doing to steal ideas from the best countries in CONCACAF and implementing those things that relate to trini state of football. Trini has made some nice strides in the last few years. i need to look no further than the last time Trini played USA in the CONCACAF qualifiers. If not for a few technical and mental break downs they were in that game. I still look forward for the day when trini will rise to the occasion and be a serious contender in the CONCACAF region

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2010, 08:44:07 AM »
You wait and see what fat , slow girls do to this squad lol
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 04:30:29 AM by Ngozi »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2010, 11:06:31 AM »
I think he was more referencing the Olympic team/WC team when Brazil dismatled the USA. The US looked big and sluggish.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2010, 12:04:33 PM »
Point well taken. Marta did have her way with our team that day

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2010, 02:16:47 PM »
the USA for instance was Fat, Amazonian and Slow.

Please adjust your tv settings

1]; } ?>