April 28, 2024, 04:03:51 AM

Poll

Can T&T make it out of this group.

Yes
7 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Women U-20 Football Thread  (Read 71046 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for U-20W T&T vs St. Lucia (5-Oct-2009 & 7-Oct-2009)
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2009, 01:34:08 AM »
And then we run into Canada, USA and sometime Mexico and the game over.

So in the end it does not really matter that we clobbered St Lucia 11 - 1 if we cyah compete on level terms with the BIG girls in CONCACAF women's football!

Lets hope when we meet Canada, USA and Mexico that we can give them a serious run for their money and pull off a win or two for a change!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 11:46:14 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TT demolish St Lucia in U-20 Women’s qualifier.
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2009, 06:08:55 AM »
TT demolish St Lucia in U-20 Women’s qualifier.
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday).

Trinidad and Tobago crushed St Lucia 11-1 at the Marvin Lee Stadium in Macoya on Monday afternoon, in the first match of a 2010 FIFA Under-20 Women’s World Cup play-off series, in the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Preliminary Round Group “B” series.

Natasha St Louis netted six goals, while captain and fellow striker Mariah Shade chipped in with three. Midfielders Kayla Taylor and Karyn Forbes added one each for the hosts while Kwanzaa Robest pulled one back for the St Lucians.

In the blink of an eye, the score was 3-0 with Taylor (sixth minute), Shade (12th) and St Louis (16th) on target, while St Louis completed her hat-trick with close range shots, past goalkeeper Cindy St Ange, in the 20th and 27th minutes.

Forbes rifled home a 30-metre right-footed freekick, to the left of a stranded St Ange, in the 30th before Shade also registered her treble, tapping home, from inside the six-yard box, in the 48th and 50th minutes.

St Louis got her fourth in the 53rd, finishing off a counter-attacking move involving midfielder Afiyah Matthias and Taylor and, after a goalkeeper switch by the visitors, St Louis punished Rickel Mentor with a low blast from the edge of the penalty box (67th) and a fine finish (72nd) to the near post after a wonderful diagonal ball from Forbes.

In the 79th, Robest spared total humiliation for the St Lucians with a fantastic strike, from the right flank, drilling her shot past goalie Linfah Jones (a 35th minute replacement for the injured Kimika Forbes).

The “return” leg will also take place at the Macoya venue today at 5 pm.

The aggregate winner will advance to the CFU Finals, here in Trinidad and Tobago, alongside Group “A” winners Jamaica, Group “C” table- toppers Cuba and the victorious team in Group “D” St Kitts/Nevis.

The CFU Final Round qualifiers will be staged from November 18-22, with the top three teams progressing to the CONCACAF Finals in Guatemala from January 16-28. After the CONCACAF Finals, the top three teams will be booking their spots to the 2010 FIFA Under-20 Women’s World Cup in Germany.

Teams

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO: Kimika Forbes (Linfah Jones 35th); Tiana Bateau, Khadisha Debesette, Rehana Omardeen, Cassey McKenzie; Karyn Forbes, Khadidra Debesette (Kedisha Castillo 62nd), Kayla Taylor, Afiyah Matthias (Victoria Swift 62nd); Mariah Shade (capt), Natasha St Louis.

ST LUCIA: Cindy St Ange (Rickel Mentor 59th); Melaine Ishmel, Allisha Emmanuel, Myla McLean, Megesh Savery; Ellaisa Marquis, Merlina Auguste, Zanique Celestin, Hydie Sandiford (Zamarla Joseph 51st); Joanne Alphonse, Kwanzaa Robest.

NATASHA ST LOUIS
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: TT demolish St Lucia in U-20 Women’s qualifier.
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2009, 09:24:35 AM »
Gess now my lil girl go be in dat.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

truetrini

« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2009, 10:27:45 AM »

jack ass comment.

We play to out best and let the chips fall where they may!

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2009, 02:09:29 PM »
if was table tennis, St Lucia woulda  get chrome''''

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2009, 04:54:29 PM »
St Lucia 0 vs Trinidad and Tobago 5 - Mariah Shade 45th and 54th; Natasha St Louis 57th; Kayla Taylor 65th and Falina Jack 83rd.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2009, 06:24:34 PM »

jack ass comment.

We play to out best and let the chips fall where they may!

If that's the way you does think then good.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U-20 girls beaten but not disgraced
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2010, 08:11:30 AM »
U-20 girls beaten but not disgraced
By Shari John (T&T Guardian)

T&T U-20 Soca Princesses suffered a tough 4-0 defeat to a men’s U-15 squad yesterday, at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, in a practice match organized to aid both teams with preparations for their respective upcoming tournaments. The U-20 women are currently preparing for the Concacaf Final Round Tournament from January 19-30 in Guatemala, where they will vie for a spot in the Fifa U-20 Women’s World Cup in August, while the U-15 men are in the process of selecting a final team for the Youth Olympics in Singapore, also in August of this year. The U-15 men, coached by Shawn Cooper, had an obvious edge in terms of athleticism and speed but the Soca Princesses, who have adopted a more aggressive style of play, competed well, where attacking was concerned and were in no way intimidated by the strength of their opponents, with the result being a very physical encounter.

Shaquille Henry, who managed to thread his way through the U-20 defence with substantial ease throughout the match, scored two of the U-15s goals, with Jamal Williams netting one and Camille Borneo scoring an own goal after a failed attempt at clearance. The U-20s were forced to play without their skipper Mariah Shade, who is nursing a hamstring injury, and Kayla Taylor, who has been ill for the past three days. The match was played in three parts of 30-minutes in order to allow all of the U-15s time on the pitch. Speaking after the match, U-20 coach, Jamaal Shabazz explained that a victory for his team, was not necessarily the score at the end of the game, but seeing his team implement what it has been learning in practice.

“It was always going to be a tough exercise but we saw bits and pieces of what we have been doing in training, said Shabazz. “It’s always tough playing against boys but it’s just the kind of work out we need to assess the work we’ve done and we are satisfied that the team is playing a lot more compact, but we still have a lot of work to do in terms of transition, when we win the ball.” As it relates to his first match against Mexico in the Concacaf Final just three weeks away, Shabazz said that while his team is a long way from being prepared, he believes that three weeks is enough time to get them there. “Mexico has never been a team to demoralize us, although they are a couple steps up the ladder, it’s more of us getting fit and having the right attitude and putting together a game plan.” The team broke from camp yesterday and will regroup tomorrow until Wednesday, before leaving for Costa Rica at a date to be announced.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-20 girls beaten but not disgraced
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2010, 08:31:20 AM »
shawn cooper new under 15 coach wish him the best of luck !!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2010, 01:11:42 PM »
Should 14 year old boys be stronger and fitter than 18 year old girls with both being involved in sports?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2010, 01:22:47 PM »
Should 14 year old boys be stronger and fitter than 18 year old girls with both being involved in sports?
Does it matter ?? if de coach says is not de result he looking at ? As far as I could remember dat is this coach defining statement with every national women's team he has coached for the last 20 years ...is not de score dat matters folks !!! all yuh eh get de message ..doh study de score !

" it is strange ..de more we change ..rearrange ...everything remains de same
as we move to the next century
1990 ..please make ah liar of me !! " dat was Rudder 20 years ago !! what's new ?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2010, 01:51:00 PM »
Does it matter ?? if de coach says is not de result he looking at ? As far as I could remember dat is this coach defining statement with every national women's team he has coached for the last 20 years ...is not de score dat matters folks !!! all yuh eh get de message ..doh study de score !

" it is strange ..de more we change ..rearrange ...everything remains de same
as we move to the next century
1990 ..please make ah liar of me !! " dat was Rudder 20 years ago !! what's new ?

Well I did not want to come out and say this, cause men will say we negative. Especially when the reporter say that one youth man was ahving his way with the defense and the coach said the girls did what they were practicing. So What are they practicing?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2010, 08:56:40 PM »
I suggest Shabazz play de next warm up games without goalposts ...since de score doh matter just as long as dey doing what he wants ...losing ??
kyah figure out dem fellas nah ! is only in TTFF football dem fellas could find wuk yes .. if was in any other place results would matter ...but den again de man say dey following de plan ...and dat plan more dan 20 years in de making ...
bring ah chinese coach yes ! Dem fellas does get results  :devil:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2010, 10:50:16 PM »
Just found out that there is an American born to Trini parents, played on the US U-14 or 15 who showed interest in playing for T&T. Jamal Shabazz told the person contacting them on behalf of the player that since she played for the US she cannot play for us. That is the people we have in charge.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2010, 09:15:34 AM »
I don't rate Shabazz as a coach .... the question about under 15 boys and under 18 girls is a good one ........ I guess what I'm thinking is if this under u 15 team played one of our competitors what would the result be then? I do seem to recall this under 20 team being beaten by their under 17 counterparts ..... but if he says it was just to guage ...I guess we'll have to take his word ....looking forward to the rematch to see the improvements

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2010, 02:14:42 AM »
As far as the comparison goes with respect to U-15 boys and U-18 girls, in some cases it would be relative. For the longest time our full women's national team played against U-18 boys team since they would have struggled against a U-20 team. Over the past 10 years the gap has been closed a bit. I just returned from an ODP U-13 Girls mini camp and we played against a Boys U-13 academy team and they got trounced. They struggled against our girls and lost every game against them. The boys were out-played and based on my overall assessment, their technical abilities were superior to that of the boys. I think its a good thing that in the face of lack of competition they are finding quality boys teams for the girls. i understand the concept of not worrying about the results. However, they have to compete to win the game. There can be valuable lessons learned from these games as well and each of us are aware of this.
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2010, 08:53:34 AM »
My main concern is promoting that its ok to lose to a team regardless of what team it is ..... realistically everytime you step onto a pitch it is to compete and win ...... these girls have to be trained mentally to go out there to compete and to win if you fall short a draw is ok but a loss is never acceptable because that is not what you're training for ..you're training to win ...accepting mediocrity is never acceptable winning and competing is a trained habit ....... TT coaches miss this .... they feel its just running drills ...its a mixture of drills to coax a certain behavior or reaction in various situations.
I remember one time Jan Steadman had Benedicts play Trintoc a practice match with Faustin , Philbert Jones, JB and all them boy ...and he tell them to rough us up ..... after the first half they kick the shit out of us and had we bubbling .... halftime we walk in cool man tell theyself is Trintoc we suppose to lose ......talk bout cuss ....he say you step onto a field to win it doh matter if is brazil ........ Jan fav word is allyuh is a bunch a dead prick .... he say if we lose this game he goh make we run home from Trintoc all the way back to la romaine lol  and believe me Jan was crazy enough that we woulda do it lol.
Man scared ...tissic ...... fear turn to madness ...... man lorse they mind and pull an all out assault on Trintoc ... when one man get beat ah next man flying in and we taking it to them too ..... Webb hold on to Trintoc and start to abuse man ...... we end up losing 3-0 but that second half was crazy and that was the reaction he was looking for ......... TT national teams need that kinda impact men and women!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 09:02:44 AM by Ngozi »

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2010, 09:20:29 PM »
The Tobago Womens team that won the WOLF competition this year, played against our U14 team just before the WOLF started and we beat them 2 - nil. Some of the players on that Tobago team are on the National U 20 team and some of the players were older.

By right I believe that U 15 boys should beat them anytime, let alone another National team in training.

And just to add, we were the last team that they played in a series of warm up matches before the competition started.....so they were a good way into their preparations.

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2010, 11:29:06 PM »
USA, England, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, France and Italy, U15 boys will Beat  there U 20 girls team Always.
 If not, coaches might lost the wok...  What make trini U15 boys any different?

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2010, 11:57:10 PM »
As far as the comparison goes with respect to U-15 boys and U-18 girls, in some cases it would be relative. For the longest time our full women's national team played against U-18 boys team since they would have struggled against a U-20 team. Over the past 10 years the gap has been closed a bit. I just returned from an ODP U-13 Girls mini camp and we played against a Boys U-13 academy team and they got trounced. They struggled against our girls and lost every game against them. The boys were out-played and based on my overall assessment, their technical abilities were superior to that of the boys. I think its a good thing that in the face of lack of competition they are finding quality boys teams for the girls. i understand the concept of not worrying about the results. However, they have to compete to win the game. There can be valuable lessons learned from these games as well and each of us are aware of this.
I agree with yuh with respect to the U-15 boys and U18 girls, especially when yuh talking about national team.
On the other hand with respect to the U13 girls ODP team.
What academy U13 boys team did those girls play. Those girls definately did not playa top U13 boys team/ academy. I have seen team like Fc ohio, PDA, Baltimore bays, triangle FC,  and Century united, U12/13 boys play and from what i have seen no U13 girls team can compete with either of these team. I am quite sure that there are better  U13 boys teams than what i mention above. Them girls play some "shithounds". Not like yuh say de game was close, you said there were out played and that the girls were more techinical. Trust me i have seen some ballers at 12 and 13 years old.
Not to put a knock on the ODP girls, because i myself coach girls also. However if you put ODP girls against a top academy team in the same age group there is no way girls will out play them.  That's why i am saying yuh play ah shyt squard.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2010, 12:06:55 AM »
I agree with yuh with respect to the U-15 boys and U18 girls, especially when yuh talking about national team.
What academy U13 boys team did those girls play. Those girls definately did not playa top U13 boys team/ academy. I have seen team like Fc ohio, PDA, Baltimore bays, triangle FC,  and Century united, U12/13 boys play and from what i have seen no U13 girls team can compete with either of these team. I am quite sure that there are better  U13 boys teams than what i mention above. Them girls play some "shithounds". Not like yuh say de game was close, you said there were out played and that the girls were more techinical. Trust me i have seen some ballers at 12 and 13 years old.
Not to put a knock on the ODP girls, because i myself coach girls also. However if you put ODP girls against a top academy team in the same age group there is no way girls will out play them.  That's why i am saying yuh play ah shyt squard.

My ODP 97 boys played the 97 last summer and the girls were more physical and got settled into the game much quicker than the boys. It took the boys about the third period before they knew what hit them. The girls were matching them physically and technically.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2010, 12:08:04 AM »
People you all are putting way too much stock into the fact that the boys beat the girls. It is expected. The boys are bigger faster and definitley stronger , so the test was to simulate the competition. The objective was avchieved.Many of you are also stating that the U17's beat the U20's recently (girls). Many of the better U17 girls are the bench depth for the U20's when the competition is CFU and or local friendlies. As we forget the U20 sqaud is comprised mainly of foreign based players (USA & Canada) most of which have only just arrived after Jan 2nd. So as much as we all saw a loss or two (it was expected and was not surprsing). Give the girls three or four more days together as many need to get acclimated to the heat as well as jet lag and then lets see a game versus the U17 girls national team and or the U15 boys and I will bet dollars to donuts the results will be much more different. Big picture folks !!!!! Big picture !

Cheers     19

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2010, 12:12:17 AM »
People you all are putting way too much stock into the fact that the boys beat the girls. It is expected. The boys are bigger faster and definitley stronger , so the test was to simulate the competition. The objective was avchieved.Many of you are also stating that the U17's beat the U20's recently (girls). Many of the better U17 girls are the bench depth for the U20's when the competition is CFU and or local friendlies. As we forget the U20 sqaud is comprised mainly of foreign based players (USA & Canada) most of which have only just arrived after Jan 2nd. So as much as we all saw a loss or two (it was expected and was not surprsing). Give the girls three or four more days together as many need to get acclimated to the heat as well as jet lag and then lets see a game versus the U17 girls national team and or the U15 boys and I will bet dollars to donuts the results will be much more different. Big picture folks !!!!! Big picture !

Cheers     19

What big picture? What has Jamal Shabazz and Marlon Charles done or won with the Women's program since they have it? Is the same thing all the time, beat up Barbados and Grenada, then what?

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2010, 12:42:31 AM »
This is the first time that the have had structure of a director of football at the helm in that of Even Pellerud. You have to let the past go & judge what occurs for the future. Shabazz and Charles are responsible for the U20's however it could've easily been another coaching staff. The program is going through a change in structure as well as philosophy and even the type of game that we will see on the pitch will be different. As Pellerud's style is different than what we have in the past. Every team from 17 to senior will be playing the same style and the tactic's and technical knowledge will all be the same. Big Picture my friend. Big Picture.
It's not about the immediate results it's about the overall big picture. There is only two teams that matter. The MNT & WNT. The grooming of players from within U23 -20 & 17 is a start to take the program to where it needs to be and that is be competitive at all levels. This will take time folks so try and be patient.

Cheers     19

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2010, 01:37:44 AM »

What academy U13 boys team did those girls play. Those girls definately did not playa top U13 boys team/ academy. I have seen team like Fc ohio, PDA, Baltimore bays, triangle FC,  and Century united, U12/13 boys play and from what i have seen no U13 girls team can compete with either of these team. I am quite sure that there are better  U13 boys teams than what i mention above. Them girls playYou must be coaching ODP in  Maine, Idaho, Iowa, wyoming or west virgina...  i could tell you that no girls ODP ent bea
 some "shithounds". Not like yuh say de game was close, you said there were out played and that the girls were more techinical. Trust me i have seen some ballers at 12 and 13 years old.

My ODP 97 boys played the 97 last summer and the girls were more physical and got settled into the game much quicker than the boys. It took the boys about the third period before they knew what hit them. The girls were matching them physically and technically.
You must be coaching ODP in  Maine, Idaho, Iowa, wyoming or west virgina...  Way all dem small men workin on farm and ent have time to improve the skills. i could tell you that no girls ODP team ent beating no boys ODP team from NY, PA, CA, MD, as a matter of fact most of the other states. Unless is ah 1st string girls team playing some 5th string 97 boys team.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2010, 09:56:38 AM »
When I was U15 we used to play games versus the womens national team at the time.

We beat them usually around 3-1 or so.

The games were competitive but they were not fast enough.

This was in the late 80's early 90's they had one good player , Dalia Desilva and she was the only one who would get a goal now and then.

and we were just a community club team.

I would expect a u15 boys national team to beat a u20 girl national team

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2010, 10:16:04 AM »

What academy U13 boys team did those girls play. Those girls definately did not playa top U13 boys team/ academy. I have seen team like Fc ohio, PDA, Baltimore bays, triangle FC,  and Century united, U12/13 boys play and from what i have seen no U13 girls team can compete with either of these team. I am quite sure that there are better  U13 boys teams than what i mention above. Them girls playYou must be coaching ODP in  Maine, Idaho, Iowa, wyoming or west virgina...  i could tell you that no girls ODP ent bea
 some "shithounds". Not like yuh say de game was close, you said there were out played and that the girls were more techinical. Trust me i have seen some ballers at 12 and 13 years old.

You must be coaching ODP in  Maine, Idaho, Iowa, wyoming or west virgina...  Way all dem small men workin on farm and ent have time to improve the skills. i could tell you that no girls ODP team ent beating no boys ODP team from NY, PA, CA, MD, as a matter of fact most of the other states. Unless is ah 1st string girls team playing some 5th string 97 boys team.

Eldo slow down a bit. Look at the age group I put up and then think about what yuh saying.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2010, 10:20:08 AM »
This is the first time that the have had structure of a director of football at the helm in that of Even Pellerud. You have to let the past go & judge what occurs for the future. Shabazz and Charles are responsible for the U20's however it could've easily been another coaching staff. The program is going through a change in structure as well as philosophy and even the type of game that we will see on the pitch will be different. As Pellerud's style is different than what we have in the past. Every team from 17 to senior will be playing the same style and the tactic's and technical knowledge will all be the same. Big Picture my friend. Big Picture.
It's not about the immediate results it's about the overall big picture. There is only two teams that matter. The MNT & WNT. The grooming of players from within U23 -20 & 17 is a start to take the program to where it needs to be and that is be competitive at all levels. This will take time folks so try and be patient.

Cheers     19

If is a change they going through why not thank Shabazz and Marlon for their services and let them go? They never won anything in women footbal.l Not even club I think Jamal win anything and he had Calidonia womens team with decent players. Actually, they have been more of a distraction - negative even.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2010, 12:55:26 PM »
Elan for a guy that has over 5000 posts I would think that you see that big picture.
The womens program in the past did not have the structure that it has now nor the funding.
It takes money to make money so to speak.
The biggest issue is developing local grssroots talent and not having to rely as much on foreign based players.
Will the program ever get to a point to not have to use Foreign based players ? Probabaly not however the grassroots technical skill abilities as well ads tactical knowledge will improve greatly and quite quickly having a structured management team in place. Time will tell folks , so be patient !!
With TnT hosting the U17 Womens WC this year and coming close to making it to the last WC with very little time in it's training. The more structured and of course having a decent players pool will go along way to taking the womens national program to where it needs to go. Rome was not built in a day and it takes time. However you have to start somewhere. Calling for Shabazz's & Charle's heads are just counter productive and would set things back. They now have no excuses as the funding is there & the structure. So let them go and do there jobs & then we can measure the successes over time.

Cheers   19

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2010, 01:08:40 PM »
Elan for a guy that has over 5000 posts I would think that you see that big picture.
The womens program in the past did not have the structure that it has now nor the funding.
It takes money to make money so to speak.
The biggest issue is developing local grssroots talent and not having to rely as much on foreign based players.
Will the program ever get to a point to not have to use Foreign based players ? Probabaly not however the grassroots technical skill abilities as well ads tactical knowledge will improve greatly and quite quickly having a structured management team in place. Time will tell folks , so be patient !!
With TnT hosting the U17 Womens WC this year and coming close to making it to the last WC with very little time in it's training. The more structured and of course having a decent players pool will go along way to taking the womens national program to where it needs to go. Rome was not built in a day and it takes time. However you have to start somewhere. Calling for Shabazz's & Charle's heads are just counter productive and would set things back. They now have no excuses as the funding is there & the structure. So let them go and do there jobs & then we can measure the successes over time.

Cheers   19

I glad you have that positive idealogy. I around T&T women football to long, when they get people who could actually coach and work with players I may change my mind. Good luck.

1]; } ?>