March 29, 2024, 01:05:34 AM

Author Topic: T&T senior women's team in England for training camp.  (Read 5019 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T senior women's team in England for training camp.
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2013, 01:25:56 PM »
Maybe Socapro could try and get an interview..don't how come he hasn't given a match report yet  :devil:

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2013, 01:57:44 PM »
Nice going! :thumbsup: Nice tour.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2013, 03:35:43 PM »
Go back and see what a soft goal the Mexican eliminator was.  They outwitted our left back who left his man wide and tracked the play inside the box.  It was a beautifully executed set play that still gives me nightmares.

The 2nd goal was not a case where our left back was outwitted. Our left back was ball watching rather than knowing where her man was. If our left back at that exact moment the ball was served by the Mexican attacker was defensively aware of where the other Mexican winger was  & was man on man she would've have prevented the attacker to be able to set up a one timer. The attacker would never score a goal like that again if she was served the same ball 99 more times.

The 1st goal was the killer as our keeper miss-timed her run to punch out the ball. The goal should never have occurred if our goalie comes out a a guns a blazing and punches out the ball with authority we are still nil nil. The goal still haunts me to this day :bs:

This team is ever improving in the past couple of years as it has a young experienced core that is motivated to show the soccer world they can compete. The had a good Pan American games and recently beat Costa Rica at home and now in England (mind you 2nd tier clubs teams) however success none-the-less. What they need is more high level matches come to to USA before the NCAA starts there season and play top level NCAA teams. They need to get into more tournaments and or friendlies versus what will be their potential competition.

Details on the CONCACAF qualifying competition will be confirmed at a later stage. Three guaranteed slots are up for grabs in this confederation, with the fourth-place finishers facing a play-off against the third-ranked team from CONMEBOL.

Playing Cuba, Haiti , Dominican Republic, Costa Rica over and over again just to name a few teams as well as teams from Conmebal such as Colombia, Argentina, Chilie even Brazil to name a few. They should also go to Mexico and or invite Mexico to come to Trinidad to also play friendlies.

Coach Charles & Corneal need to see what the girls need to work on moving forward and playing much stronger will help them work on improving where we are weak.
Enough rambling from 19 ;D Thoughts ?

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:03:06 PM by Soccer 19 »

Nashy

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2013, 03:46:00 PM »
Mr. or Mrs. Soccer 19.   I think you are lost.  Or maybe it is my fault for obfuscating matters.  I was speaking about the ONE goal that Mexico scored to eliminate the T&T Senior Men's team from the recently concluded Gold Cup!

I made the point to illustrate and emphasize the need to play for the full 90 minutes, being match fit, play with intensity etc. in response to Maxg's post about scoring more goal.

No need to bring Bullshit into this discussion.

Nashy

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2013, 04:00:42 PM »
Maxg... look at this video  pay attention to 1:19 and then to 1:59    :)

http://www.concacaf.com/video/top-10-goals

We were outwitted by Mexico.   From the free kick to the ensuing play that led to the goal.  Our defenders were all over the place as we were chasing the ball unnecessarily.

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2013, 04:03:59 PM »
Well done Princesses !     :beermug:
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2013, 04:07:46 PM »
Mr. or Mrs. Soccer 19.   I think you are lost.  Or maybe it is my fault for obfuscating matters.  I was speaking about the ONE goal that Mexico scored to eliminate the T&T Senior Men's team from the recently concluded Gold Cup!

I made the point to illustrate and emphasize the need to play for the full 90 minutes, being match fit, play with intensity etc. in response to Maxg's post about scoring more goal.

No need to bring Bullshit into this discussion.

Keep the men's thread out of the women's thread... I can't keep up with your train's of though  :cursing: ;D

Cheers   19

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2013, 04:21:59 PM »

We were outwitted by Mexico.   From the free kick to the ensuing play that led to the goal.  Our defenders were all over the place as we were chasing the ball unnecessarily.
Still say pure luck...the only person should have continued tracking back was I think, Roberts, everyone else was getting in, the man swing he foot, Jan had angle, Abu had him covered, he barely connect, and ball went only place it could have scored.. the man that worried me most was the Mexican behind the goal scorer...great goal for Mexico, unlucky for tt..but true, let's leave that talk outta this thread...no Videos of any of these Girls positive performances anyone ?

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2013, 04:44:29 PM »
Maxg nothing on any of the teams websites that the Princesses played nor on the English FA. A link of what we have already seen earlier this week. They must be too embarrassed to post anything (even clips) as our ladies drubbed all of their competition. I am sure that the games were taped as these teams we played indicate clips from local league matches.
Maybe our teams manager also taped the games and just has not had time to post a clip through TTWolf as the girls have been busy sight-seeing as well amongst their training.
A successful trip and a good start for WWC 2015 in Canada.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »
Nice to see the girls are winning but playing against club teams from a country where there national team is not ranked in the top ten is not the best preparation for our national women team.

Seeing that we have a problem finding $ for these camps maybe it would of been a better investment in an international game with a top ten opponent where the coaching staff can have a good idea of the team progression.

1  USA 2229 0 Equal 
 2  Germany 2152 0 Equal 
 3  Japan 2072 0 Equal 
 4  Brazil 2042 0 Equal 
 5  Sweden 2028 0 Equal 
 6  France 2020 0 Equal 
 7  Canada 1982 1 Up 
 8  Australia 1956 2 Up 
 8  Korea DPR 1956 1 Up 
 10  Norway 1953 1 Up 

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2013, 05:14:54 PM »

Our LB was pressing the ball, two CB's and RB had to deal with 4 Mexicans in the box. look at the 4 mids all late coming back. How come in such a big game with a 0-0 score we are out numbered in front of goal. Lack of experience from our mids, at least the defensive mid should of been in that mix goal side of the 4 Mexicans.

Nashy

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2013, 05:36:26 PM »
Keon was pressing the ball!   David was all the way in the box, he drifted in for the free kick and left his man wide with acres of room to lash the pass across the goal.  We were standing around looking at the play develop.   Go to minute 1:59!   Our left back was hustling out to make a tackle or attempt to block the cross.

As I said we were tired and under the gun, and made errors, especially on that play.  Outwitted and outsmarted...say wha?  I happens.  Maybe the striker was lucky to get his boot on the ball at the right angle, but all in all that was a well developed set play from Mexico.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2013, 10:42:35 PM »
Just a couple of observations:

I agree with 19....all this talk of the GC Mexico game, although I understand the point that people are trying to make, waters down this thread. Let's focus on the girls in this one as they get precious little coverage.

While I agree that it would have been a better challenge to play a national team in the top 10, as a morale building exercise it was a success and it probably gave the coaches a chance to spend time with the players and try out a few ideas. 

When this was announced it was mentioned that the schedule would be tough. Be honest, not many here would have expected 3 wins out of 3. As preparation for the intensities of a tournament, I think it worked well.

This tour gave the girls a taste of decent stadiums and famous teams. It also gave them the opportunity to get in front of several English coaches (and I bet there were more in the crowd) and, who knows, maybe one or two Princesses may get a contract in the UK.

All in all, I would rate this tour a success. I would also like to think it makes T&T more inviting for the bigger teams to play. And momentum is a powerful thing!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2013, 11:04:12 PM »
I think we should give the Ladies/Princesses their space. Men have 99% of the forum. Let's give the Princesses their due.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2013, 08:36:24 AM »
Just the process of going on tour
waking up in a hotel and having to eat and go and play to get a result will be beneficial.

Many of our women players are not exposed to this

US and canadian players do this every weekend from 12 years old

there is benefit on going on tour even if the teams we play was not world class.

work on possesion
work on finishing

off the field benefit.

any tour is good

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2013, 09:07:02 PM »
Could we at least find out if the goals we relatively distributed..or just 1 or 2 women scored all?

1]; } ?>