April 19, 2024, 07:05:05 AM

Author Topic: Soccer player becomes coach  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soccer player becomes coach
« on: August 05, 2013, 09:53:31 PM »
Soccer player becomes coach
By Camilo H. Smith (Pocono Record)

Lee Clewell travels 45 minutes from Wilson Borough to give his sons a chance to get soccer lessons with Dario Villafana.

It's the basics, getting a feel for the ball that the elder Clewell hopes will help his son Benjamin, 18, when he goes out for the team at Northampton Community College in the fall.

Like the Clewells, other kids come to benefit from Villafana's training on a pitch perched high in Mountain View Park.

It's a small, reasonably priced soccer club that teaches fundamentals with an eye on building a large training system under the team name FC Ulindi. The "FC" stands for "football club" as the millions of soccer fans worldwide have come to know.

The program started as a free clinic offered through a local church, but slowly, it's becoming more structured with weekly practices.

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Soccer player becomes coach
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 05:50:07 AM »
Nice one Tallest.

Good read, other than "Carab FC."  :)
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 04:42:23 PM »
keep up d work Villa and Spencer....allyuh put plenty vibes in d football and deserve dem accolades, d humble will be exalted

He Is Highly

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 04:54:08 PM »
Man that is dedication.  I was up in Northampton County just last week for the first time... nice people, lovely people, but that out in de middle ah nowhere.  To top it off Villafana living up in East Stroudsburg too.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 04:55:04 PM »
Carab!!!! Carib and (Curry)Crab!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 04:58:44 PM »
Man that is dedication.  I was up in Northampton County just last week for the first time... nice people, lovely people, but that out in de middle ah nowhere.  To top it off Villafana living up in East Stroudsburg too.

I was there about twice to take my son to EPYSA camps. Real boonies but good for the soul, if that is what you want.  But it is nice in the summers though. Coming from DC, I had to go thru some hilly country also.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 05:37:58 PM »
I was there about twice to take my son to EPYSA camps. Real boonies but good for the soul, if that is what you want.  But it is nice in the summers though. Coming from DC, I had to go thru some hilly country also.

I had to file something in Easton and unlike many other jurisdictions they don't have online filing so I had to trek out there in person.  Nice country drive but that traffic on I-476 was trying man nerves.  I leave with plenty time to spare and barely reach in time.  I get it time-stamped with literally one minute to spare.  But the people seem real down-to-Earth and pleasant.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 07:09:56 PM »

I had to file something in Easton and unlike many other jurisdictions they don't have online filing so I had to trek out there in person.  Nice country drive but that traffic on I-476 was trying man nerves.  I leave with plenty time to spare and barely reach in time.  I get it time-stamped with literally one minute to spare.  But the people seem real down-to-Earth and pleasant.

Don't let that fool you...that's only eastern pennsyltucky

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 08:05:45 PM »
Don't let that fool you...that's only eastern pennsyltucky

Uhm... we talking specifically of the folks in Northampton county though  ;)  I wouldn't doubt things different in coal country.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:07:19 PM by Bakes »

1]; } ?>