March 28, 2024, 08:03:27 AM

Author Topic: T&T senior women's team in England for training camp.  (Read 5014 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T senior women's team in England for training camp.
« on: July 31, 2013, 03:58:51 PM »
T&T senior women's team in England for training camp.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

A Trinidad and Tobago Senior Women’s team left these shores for London on Tuesday evening for a three-game training camp.

The team is led by coach Marlon Charles with technical director Anton Corneal also assisting with the preparations of the team ahead of World Cup qualifiers for the 2015 Women’s World Cup in Canada.

During their eight-day stay, T&T will play three games, beginning tomorrow (Thursday) against  Queen’s Park Rangers Women’s Team, Reading FC Women’s on  Friday and Tottenham Hotspur Women’s team on Sunday.

“It’s an excellent opportunity for the ladies to get some much needed match practice and exposure to international conditions,” Corneal said.

“We’ve been working with these players for some time now with the intentions of getting the team ready for the start of the qualifiers next year. Matches against some of these English clubs will go a long way in our development and readiness for international competition.”

The Ministry of Sport has funded the team’s trip to the United Kingdom.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: T&T senior women's team in England for training camp.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 05:31:47 PM »
Very positive !!

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 05:43:28 PM »
Good work. Well done Ministry of Sport (credit where credit is due. But we shouldn't have to say well done, it's just a surprise they did something correctly!)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 06:51:41 AM »
3 games in 4 days? Rough!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 01:57:23 PM »
That's exactly what the Princesses need is games & more games. Hey when they have camps they do two training sessions a day plus gym work & then sometimes a game every other day and or inter-squad. This is a step in the right direction for the program in the big picture. Good luck Princesses :applause: :wavetowel:

Cheers   19

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 02:52:01 PM »
19:00 1st August 2013

by @QPRLFC

R's second best in international friendly ...

QPR LADIES endured their toughest pre-season test yet as Trinidad & Tobago ran out comfortable winners on Thursday night.

Rangers were put to the sword by their Caribbean guests, who made their international class count with a dominant display at the Concorde Club.

Sarah Staples’ early free-kick briefly lit up proceedings for the R's, who enjoyed another useful run-out with less than three weeks until the new league season.

Trinidad found the breakthrough as soon as the fifth minute, capitalising on hesitant R’s defending to notch at the back post.

The opener threatened an early onslaught but Staples’ equaliser within six minutes proved the perfect response, levelling matters with a well-struck set-piece from 20 yards.

Parity was shortlived, however, as the visitors regained their lead on 17 minutes with an emphatic finish from the edge of the area.

Goalkeeper Sophie Cheadle came to the R’s rescue moments later, making a smart save from six yards, but was helpless from the next attack as Trinidad fired home a third goal from long range in the dying moments of the half.

There was no let up after the break as Rangers conceded twice in quick succession before two further goals in the closing 15 minutes rubber-stamped victory.

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/010813-ladies-trinidad-tobago-report-960425.aspx#FWg36bJyZj7atZO4.99

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 03:17:02 PM »
 :beermug: :beermug:  Good stuff, Princesses!!    :applause: :applause:

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 06:17:29 AM »
 :beermug:

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 07:06:25 AM »
T&T side scored  7 goals- Things are looking up- These ladies on Fire- 7-1 scoreline.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 08:07:06 AM »
The Princesses play  Reading at the Madjeski Academy at 5:00 PM  (British time) anyone who may have family or friends in that neck of the woods should go out and support our ladies  :applause: :applause:

Cheers

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 09:05:41 AM »
Maybe they will get contracts.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »
Maybe they will get contracts.

The family and friends??? Oh, right-the players LOL

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 12:12:19 PM »
Well done Ladies- Keep the flag flying!!!!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 01:44:32 PM »
Ladies defeat Reading 4-1 today.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 03:05:31 PM »
Allyuh sure them English teams using their A team.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 04:44:21 PM »
them girls working hard to become foreigners boy  :devil:   Well done ladies, quite impressed.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 05:47:51 PM »
Marlon Charles doing a good job,well done Breds.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 11:18:32 PM »
Great job, Lady Warriors!  :beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2013, 06:07:07 AM »
Good stuff ladies!

From the scorelines it seems fair to say that we were the superior team on both occasions . However, I'm concerned about the fact that despite our dominance we always concede a goal. This could end up being our downfall in important matches. I recall in the 2012 Olympic Qualifiers we scored a total of 19 goals but conceded a goal each against Bermuda, Dominica and the Dominican Republic. It was the goal we conceded against DR that killed us because, for all our efforts (and there were many), we couldn't put the ball in the net; we lost that match 1-0 and failed to qualify as a result.
Scoring goals is great, but preventing them is just as important as well......
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 06:13:20 AM by Michael-j »

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2013, 12:51:56 PM »
Agreed wholeheartedly Michael-j we need to prevent goals in order to compete. Our keeper in big games in the past has let in some very save-able goals (mostly due to positioning) however the goal that haunted us in moving on to Olympic qualifying was a pass-back from the defender to the keeper where-by the keeper missed the ball & the attacker managed to get goal side on our defender as well as keeper and tapped the ball into the net. Dominican republic did not even get a shot on net that game and we made the DR goalie look good.

I hope that Marlon and his coaching staff has been working on the little things with our keeper as we move forward into CFU & ultimately WC qualifying.

Deeks to answer you question were the competition using there " A " players. Yes they are as the English squads are about to embark on the opening of their fall league season openers. I would've like to see us play the top tier teams in the Women's super league rather than playing the next tier (Premiere) however like all of us am just happy that funding has occurred for the trip as this is a positive sign for the program to move forward towards its ultimate goal.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2013, 07:28:27 PM »
Good stuff ladies!

From the scorelines it seems fair to say that we were the superior team on both occasions . However, I'm concerned about the fact that despite our dominance we always concede a goal. This could end up being our downfall in important matches. I recall in the 2012 Olympic Qualifiers we scored a total of 19 goals but conceded a goal each against Bermuda, Dominica and the Dominican Republic. It was the goal we conceded against DR that killed us because, for all our efforts (and there were many), we couldn't put the ball in the net; we lost that match 1-0 and failed to qualify as a result.
That is football...but if you let in 1, and score 4...it exactly same as 3:0...same as winning the match by default...doesn't matter how much you let in, as long as you score more..Even in a tournament setting, if the Top seeded team score 4 on you, and you score 5 or more, you go through..the weakest team score 3, you score 4, you go through..To win the game there has to be an imbalance in the scoreline...only important factor, it has to be in your favour

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2013, 08:30:11 PM »
Good stuff ladies!

That is football...but if you let in 1, and score 4...it exactly same as 3:0...same as winning the match by default...doesn't matter how much you let in, as long as you score more..Even in a tournament setting, if the Top seeded team score 4 on you, and you score 5 or more, you go through..the weakest team score 3, you score 4, you go through..To win the game there has to be an imbalance in the scoreline...only important factor, it has to be in your favour

That's the point I'm trying to make; we're never guaranteed to score all the time so preventing goals is important. Like you said, you win by scoring more goals than your opponent, however you can also say that you win by  conceding less  ;)

Nashy

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2013, 08:32:40 PM »
It is very important NOT to allow soft goals.  Suppose your forwards are out of sorts and for some reason you do not get the run of the ball?.  This is a team game and the defense must stop being porous.

T&T football is all the same.  We usually give up goals early and put ourselves on the back foot too many times.  We are left chasing the score.

Lack of fitness and intensity often causes us to lose concentration.  Losing concentration causes us to lose shape and give up soft goals.

Go back and see what a soft goal the Mexican eliminator was.  They outwitted our left back who left his man wide and tracked the play inside the box.  It was a beautifully executed set play that still gives me nightmares.

Scoring more goals is not the only way.   Sometimes a scoreless tie would allow passage to the next round.   Even great teams sometimes have trouble scoring.  WE HAVE TO BE BETTER IN DEFENSE.  Press the ball higher up the pitch and keep our defensive shape.   90 minutes...not 45 minutes, not 60 minutes.  BUT 90 minutes!

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2013, 08:54:29 PM »

Michael-j ---  I'm sure the T&T team is aware that preventing goals is just as important (I vaguely recall that's one of the reasons they have a goalkeeper and defenders).   ;D   
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2013, 07:59:05 AM »
It is very important NOT to allow soft goals.  Suppose your forwards are out of sorts and for some reason you do not get the run of the ball?.  This is a team game and the defense must stop being porous.

T&T football is all the same.  We usually give up goals early and put ourselves on the back foot too many times.  We are left chasing the score.

Lack of fitness and intensity often causes us to lose concentration.  Losing concentration causes us to lose shape and give up soft goals.

Go back and see what a soft goal the Mexican eliminator was.  They outwitted our left back who left his man wide and tracked the play inside the box.  It was a beautifully executed set play that still gives me nightmares.

Scoring more goals is not the only way.   Sometimes a scoreless tie would allow passage to the next round.   Even great teams sometimes have trouble scoring.  WE HAVE TO BE BETTER IN DEFENSE.  Press the ball higher up the pitch and keep our defensive shape.   90 minutes...not 45 minutes, not 60 minutes.  BUT 90 minutes!

I like u :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
I pity the fool....

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2013, 08:42:43 AM »
Ladies defeated Tottenham Hotspurs 3-0 today,won all the games on their English tour. Well done ladies!!!! 

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2013, 09:15:02 AM »
Superb performance by the Princesses!!

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2013, 09:33:47 AM »
Good stuff, girls!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2013, 11:57:26 AM »
congratulations coach...Could someone find out what has been done differently that the coach can attribute these successes to. Just for our learning, can we get a couple interviews.

on the football discussion.. I'm of the school that in football the best form of defense is attack..You score goals and win games with the ball..thus in defending we must attack the ball, and everybody plays a role..not, ok, we defending now, that is dem fellas back dey job..is a team game...subsequently when we are attacking...that isn't them dem boys up dey job..at all... the whole team attacks..therefore there must be strategic planning and excution by everybody on the team...not just the forwards..and it must involve strategy for when the plan fails or is failing, counter-strategy or particular players not excuting the plan as they should..defensively and/or offensively .. for me, Football. just a current personal example..I have been asked to assist a team, U-16 Intercity..the defense, defends goaless for 60 to 70 minutes, and then the flood gates open...why ? Do they tire,no the are playing just as hard..Lose focus, don't seem so...2 things I observed for 2 games, the opposing goalie only get about 5 shots per game, forwards are allways 1 on 2 or 3, means to me, the defense so busy being careful and defending,  they not getting involved in the attack...ok...So I spoke to the coaches and players..my first question, What's the general plan ? One guy said " Not lose the game", "Another said "win the game"..My next question, so what is your plan to achieve either of those outcomes ? They went huh ?  so basically they just reacting to the ball...defending..I'm gonna see if I can cause them to act on the ball, basically attacking, at both ends of the field..I should have gotten involved before, as it's my son's team, but was crazily busy with swimming..will se how that turns out..10 practices, and 5 games left..I have done with Semi-pro players...tried with younger kids, with successful results...but I think this is a tuff age group..actuallymost of the boys are 15 playing up

sorry for being a little long winded..still understanding your points, cause that is football, yet I believe the next level..should be strategy...A National selected player should be on 90 % or more, whenever he's selected to play...else don't select him...so the biggest issue if we cannot get penetration is strategy is not being executed or is not pertinent for the game we are in.

btw, On the mexico goal..To me it wasn't soft, as much as it was a fluke. Both teams had way better chances that should have been goals, but due to good planning and excution, as well as individual performances were'nt..But it's them special goals, soft (sic) or beauiful, that makes this game so great..ent
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 11:59:16 AM by maxg »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2013, 01:01:54 PM »
Impressive!!! Well done Princesses!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

1]; } ?>