April 18, 2024, 12:24:35 PM

Author Topic: A familiar stop at Station Park for Marvin Andrews  (Read 577 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A familiar stop at Station Park for Marvin Andrews
« on: August 01, 2013, 09:00:48 PM »
A familiar stop at Station Park for Marvin Andrews
By Chris Jack (Glasgow Evening Times)

MARVIN ANDREWS knew he'd come up against some familiar faces this season after signing for Forfar Athletic.

However, the former Rangers defender didn't expect to be going head-to-head with Ally McCoist's side just a fortnight into his Station Park career.

After seeing off Albion Rovers in the first round of the Ramsdens Cup last weekend, the Light Blues turn their attentions to the Loons on Saturday as they kick-off their bid for League Cup glory this season.

It will be the first of three trips to Angus the Gers will make this season, with two SPFL League One fixtures still to come later in the campaign against Dick Campbell's side.

Andrews ended his short spell with Rovers in the summer following their relegation but will still ply his trade in Scotland's third tier after being snapped up by the Angus side.

He earned hero status amongst the Light Blue legions during his two-year Ibrox career and the 37-year-old can't wait to take on his former club once again.

"It is a great game for the team and obviously for me as well," Andrews said. "I didn't expect to play against them so soon. I am looking forward to playing them again. It will be a very exciting day.

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>