March 28, 2024, 03:05:32 AM

Author Topic: Local coaches vex that "foreigners" get to coach de senior mens national team  (Read 5378 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Yet same vexed local coaches forever buying foreign players fuh dey PFL teams.

Julian Wade (Montserrat) - F - from Bath Estate FC to Caledonia AIA.

Jamaal Smith (Guyana International born in Canada) - D - Caledonia AIA.

Miguel Romeo (Mid - Argentina) to Caledonia AIA.

Shemel Louison (GK - Grenada) to Caledonia from Queens Park Rangers.

Keith ‘Keithy’ Simpson  (Def - Jamaica) to North East Stars from Tivoli Gardens.

Caledonia AIA signed

Akeem Thomas (Def - Antigua),  Elvis Thomas (Fwd - Antigua), Vurlon Mills (Mid - Guyana), Shemol Trimmingham (Def - St Vincent), Miguel Alejardro (Mid - Canada), Douglas Da Rocha Poroca (Mid - Brazil).

COLOMBIAN-born goalkeeper Alejandro Figueroa has rejoined Digicel Pro League champion W Connection on a short-term deal until the end of the 2012/2013 season.

W Connection also signed Tresmain Paul (midfielder - St Lucia) from Pakis FC.

So "foreigners" = good for PFL

"Foreigners" = bad to coach national team

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Look de list here Palas.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=58876.msg837421#msg837421

And it need to be updated, because Cali still signing Guyanese players.

Good point Palas.

Local coach is not good enough, even if they get all de support.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=56740.msg798868#msg798868

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 03:10:47 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I refuse to consider a Caricom national a foreign player. Yes we have we have seperate govts etc, but there is, I guess, an emotional attachment thru West Indies cricket that makes us a "NATION". That is my feelings.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I disagree with you, Breds!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
De same caricom members who eliminate we from de past gold cups and world cups.

That real nice deeks, Chelsea should buy all Scottish and Irish players then.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:13:42 PM by Sam »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
De same caricom members who eliminate we from de Past gold cups and world cup.

Eve had that team for 2 years, Bertille had his for de same, they play in all kinda camp.

Do u think Shabaaz woulda sub Theobald.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM by Sam »

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
Besides Shabazz and Corneal...which other local coaches in T&T have voiced similar negative opinions about hiring foreign coaches for the national team?
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
I refuse to consider a Caricom national a foreign player. Yes we have we have seperate govts etc, but there is, I guess, an emotional attachment thru West Indies cricket that makes us a "NATION". That is my feelings.

West Indies cricket is a nation?

Doh make joke nah man.  Is really an emotional attachment you have dey in trute....because de REALITY is FAR different.

Wha part of Miguel Romeo (Argentina), Miguel Alejardro (Canada), Douglas Da Rocha Poroca (Brazil) and Alejandro Figueroa (Colombia) is CARICOM?

Dem Caricom nationals is de same ones did come een we Jean Pierre Stadium in 79 and cheer FOR de Australians and New Zealanders to beat we in de netball tournament.

And dat is not de only arena.  And doh talk bout dat was long time needah.  It happens to this day.

Fuh all de rivalry we have wit de Jamaicans, dem is de only ones in de region who we have even de slightest bit of togetherness with.  De ress a dem will smile up in we face and screw face behind we back.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I don't think is just about foreigners getting to coach our Men's national  team,it's about any national team.

Again it's a little bit more than we think and the most important thing is the money a foreigner gets to what a local gets,the appreciation,the respect,the guys home just sees the money and not the work that goes along with it,the qualifications along with years of experience.If i was a TT coach i would vex too,i want the money and all the perks that goes along with it,travel etc etc   

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I don't think is just about foreigners getting to coach our Men's national  team,it's about any national team.

Again it's a little bit more than we think and the most important thing is the money a foreigner gets to what a local gets,the appreciation,the respect,the guys home just sees the money and not the work that goes along with it,the qualifications along with years of experience.If i was a TT coach i would vex too,i want the money and all the perks that goes along with it,travel etc etc   
You get paid what you are qualified for , the coaches brought in are not from an unknown country with no pedigree, they have a proven track record at the highest level. You want to make the same money and get the same perks as a man that his CV is from an ivy league school to your GED, make sense nah man. If they get off their asses and attain proper qualifications like the ( current coach) then they have a case. Until then they and no other local owned any 40 acre's and certainly no mule. EARN SHIT

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile

Yup.  Look how much "appreciation and respect" Maturana get. 

What you describe there is akin to youths in Trini bawling how they want to be professional football players.

They want the nice cars, and money, and girls, and fame, and fans chanting they name etc

Without having a clue about all the mornings waking up in rainy -5 degree temperature and having to run 5 miles before 8:00 am, then only eating boneless, skinless, steamed chicken breast and pasta, the hours upon hours of training, sacrifice, away from family and friends,  taking all sorts of abuse from coaches, having to be in bed by 9:00 pm on a friday night while yuh padnahs partying it up etc.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

You get paid what you are qualified for , the coaches brought in are not from an unknown country with no pedigree, they have a proven track record at the highest level. You want to make the same money and get the same perks as a man that his CV is from an ivy league school to your GED, make sense nah man. If they get off their asses and attain proper qualifications like the ( current coach) then they have a case. Until then they and no other local owned any 40 acre's and certainly no mule. EARN SHIT
      Breds i totally agree with what you are saying here but why local Coaches don't get descent wages?why they have to wait three to four months or in one case a year to get paid?is a good thing these guys don't depend on this for a living may be if they did they would have improved themselves,i know guys since in my time who went England as a matter of fact our whole team went to England and did the FA badge,the highest qualification at that time and T&T never used us.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Coops yuh talking shit.

De local coaches signing verbal contracts, who fault is that.

They have chip on they shoulder.

They get no respect from the players.

They allow themselves to be run over by the federation.

They favor players at any cost.

They don't like foreign based players, even Brazil using foreign based players too.

They make our team play a poor brand.

They are not tactical.

They cannot coach outside de region.

They look for quick fix.

They bark de same excuses all de time.

The don't know how to organized anything on and off de field.

They have a complex and don't reason, they feel they reach once they get a coaching job.

Ask yourself how Hart and Beenhakker was able to take de same players de local coaches had and transform them in 2 weeks. And they never even play a friendly game under both men they just went into a tournament under prepared and still did decent.

Hart is Trini, King and Charles is Trinis too. So ah guess if Dennis Lawrence come back to T&T he go be a foreign coach too.

I guess coops is not local because he live in de States too and thank God he went there or else he woulda still be sniffing Gally and Jack shoes for nothing. How much did he accomplish since he went in de States.

If Tricia Cooper come back to T&T she go be foreign too, de same foreign coach coops begging to be recognize by de TTFA de other day, but let me guess she is your daughter, so there is a exception.

De thing is, men here dying for we players to go foreign and loving de fact that Lawerence is now with Everton staff but then complaining about foreign. Going foreign makes you are more blance coach and player.

Your stock goes up so yes, they deserve better because they bring more to de table and they experience too. They also not bias and pick de best players available, they are here for a job and gets it done, them eh care bout only picking Caledonia players or only signing St Luican or Guyanese players to there club.

De local coaches only want handouts and walk around feeling sorry for themselves instead of trying to take their jobs to a higher level, they expect de TTFA to just do everything for them, hold they hand.

Getting a FA badge dont make you a coach, I could go and sit in a classroom and get one too.

Even Cornell Glen came out and said it in public, Hart bring discipline to the team.

De local coaches have players who playing in Europe running around cones all day.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:40:35 PM by Sam »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Yuh should go live in Jamaica and see how fast they kick yuh caricom ass out of they country.

See how much foreign players they have in they league, same with de other leagues in de caribbean.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Besides Shabazz and ALVIN Corneal...which other local coaches in T&T have voiced similar negative opinions about hiring foreign coaches for the national team?
Noooooo :shameonyou:

angus eve, clayton morris, brian williams, dexter skeene, david williams (connection chairman), feezer mohamed (journalist), and i think andre baptiste was another one, not 100% sure bout him though.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:36:05 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Yuh should go live in Jamaica and see how fast they kick yuh caricom ass out of they country.

See how much foreign players they have in they league, same with de other leagues in de caribbean.

Sad but true. 
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Look de list here Palas.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=58876.msg837421#msg837421

And it need to be updated, because Cali still signing Guyanese players.

Good point Palas.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=56740.msg798868#msg798868

What ah ting......... PALASS    :heehee:

SAM ALLYUH GOOD OUI!   :whistling:

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Man dis is topic of de day and I eh even crack open meh weekend Johnnie yet. Caricom Players is local now. So when Guyana, Antigua, Jamaica, Grenada and dem buss we arse, ah must enjoy it. Might as well bring in some Haitians, Cubans and our favourite Bermudans too. Well I never...Monstratians coming too to eat out we crapaud. Crapaud eh go smoke nobody pipe now because it eh go have no more crapaud. Caricom Players.Ha ha. What ah concept! Football is war breddren.

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
   Breds i totally agree with what you are saying here but why local Coaches don't get descent wages?why they have to wait three to four months or in one case a year to get paid?is a good thing these guys don't depend on this for a living may be if they did they would have improved themselves,i know guys since in my time who went England as a matter of fact our whole team went to England and did the FA badge,the highest qualification at that time and T&T never used us

Getting a badge is the first step, they now have to put in the time and learn they craft , even if it start as an apprenticeship, but getting your badge and staying in trini is spinning top in mud. they have the wrong mindset and that is why Jack Warner was able to control shit

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
De same caricom members who eliminate we from de past gold cups and world cups.

Scots, NI, Welch, English all have the same passport. They have that exception to the rule clause. The only country that has it.
And is the TTFF fault why we arse got licked out of the WC. You yourself know our team was not mentally prepared for the WC. That piece of  .... from CW who masquerading as robin hood, the inept TTFF admin and anil , are the real reason we not in the Hex. Don't blame Shabazz either. He prepared Guyana for that one game in Providence and rest is history. Why allyuh don't jump on Otto for "his failure". But all you know Otto was given a sinking ship and our campaign was destined for failure. And I would not even talk about the Bermuda game. Where was Otto tactics? He is ah big foreign coach. He got his money failed and rode out of town and allyuh have the f---king gall to throw aspersions on local coaches.  :bs:

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
Besides Shabazz and ALVIN Corneal...which other local coaches in T&T have voiced similar negative opinions about hiring foreign coaches for the national team?

Noooooo :shameonyou:

Bro, I'm not there, and don't always get de up-to-date happenings.  Was just asking a question...wasn't making a statement.
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
That is a very good point about Otto. I'll be damned if he didn't come, fail, get he money and ride out and pedigree or no pe-degrees; failure is failure.  So, the question probably is; why does one get to fail better off (financially) and another doesn't? (meaning a local coach who fail). 

There is a genuine beef there but it all gets pushed under the rug since, by design, " Invited (guests)/ foreign- workers will always make more in yuh own country than the local; and most would argue that they should - shouldn't they?

There are arguments to support both sides of this argument!

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sam according to you we have a lot more foreign Coaches than u think,Alvin Corneal,Anton Corneal,Keith Look Loy etc just to mane a few are foreign Coaches,Alvin i think is a FIFA Coach

Please don't talk about verbal contracts because the 96 WC team did the same and they got their money
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:28:35 AM by Coop's »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Whats de problem coops.

Didn't Shabazz, King and Charles got their money ?

De 2006 Warriors spent 7 years trying to get they money because of VERBAL !!!..

Wake up nah.

Spare yuhself de trouble and do it like a professional, this verbal thing have trouble in it.

Yuh taking medicine for a bunch of dummy coaches who cant fight they own battle.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 03:55:11 AM by Sam »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Deeks, Jamaica went to de world cup, so that means T&T went to, because we is Caricom.

Get de f00ck outta here.

How long NI and Wales fighting for independence ?

« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:43:00 AM by Sam »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Deeks, Jamaica went to de world cup, so that means T&T went to, because we is Caricom.

Get de f00ck outta here.

How long NI and Wales fighting for independence ?

Sam, NI, Wales and Scotland are not independent countries. You may call it quasi-independence if you want, but the final say all leads back to London. They all have British passports. Scotland will have referendum some time. Same like Catalonia and Spain.

The reason I bring up the Caricom analogy is because of TT historical role as a migrant haven for other islanders, specifically the Eastern Caribbean(Greneda, St. Lucia , St. Vincent, Barbados, Dominica, Guyana. And to a lesser extent JA, Antigua, Suriname). My roots is Lucian. A substantial amount of Trinis have roots from these places. Trinidadians have a very close affinity to people from there. You may not, but I do. So if Collie Hercules, Steuart Charles, etc  were to come to play in TT or decide to play for TT, I have no problem. Because a lot of them stay and contribute to the country. And it is disingenuous for allyuh to talk Guyanese bad when allyuh worship Chandrapaul, Bacchus, Khanhai, Lloyd etc. Wes Hall lived TT and with Witco formed the Wes Hall league. Dudnath Ramkissoon, Bernard Julien, Richard Gabriel and many TT cricketers benefited immensely from his coaching. When TT won it first 2 Shell shield, who you think lead to attack in bowling. The veteran Hall with the youthman Julien. And he played against his countrymen and I never heard  any Bajan call him traitor.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 10:24:46 AM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyuh need to show the locals some respect. It is not easy working in the sports system in TT. Even if you were to come with all your papers and knowledge, you have to confront red tape. Right now UTT and the local institutions trying to fill the void for tertiary education. They are producing the local phys. education teachers. I guess allyuh don't respect that too.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Caricom is only for goods trade and cricket not football.

We have foreign born playing for T&T, it have nothing to do with naturalise citizenship.

And we respect local coaches, but they have to respect theyself first.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Caricom is only for goods trade and cricket not football.

We have foreign born playing for T&T, it have nothing to do with naturalise citizenship.

And we respect local coaches, but they have to respect theyself first.

Ok you made your point. Although I may differ with you because of my EC roots, I will accept it at that.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
One thing about the foreigner he coming on a clean slate,not connected to the corruption he about to inherit,them local man love to give you chat but cannot handle the answers,which they will use against you to the detrement of the team and the goals to be achieved
The achievements which SH managed to attain in three weeks out of basuically the same personnel,which Shabazz had for months speaks volumes,when one also consider,SH did not have the benifit of the pool of players he choose or that he had the luxury of a couple frendlies
Locals have alot of growing up to do,like stop accepting word of mouth,get it in writing and negotiate what you expect from the powers that are relevant to your employment,STOP running up your mouth after the axe fall on your neck because its all your fault
Get an agent.... :frustrated: :devil:b

1]; } ?>