April 26, 2024, 11:53:35 PM

Author Topic: CPLT20 2013 - T&T Red Steel vs Guyana Amazon Warriors (9/8/13)  (Read 4326 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CPLT20 2013 - T&T Red Steel vs Guyana Amazon Warriors (9/8/13)
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2013, 09:18:10 AM »
Give frica ah break nah, man sleepin and postin
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2013, 01:26:51 PM »
So FF,LEMME GET DIS RIGHT,the bowler gets hit for a big 6 and after that is complete the square leg umpire tells the presiding umpire that a towel dropped from behind Ramdin,this did not affect anybody in the playing field so why was it called a "dead ball"after the ball had sailed over the boundary for six,this was all done on the advice of the square leg umpire,if that action wasn't taken then it wudda been 2 sixes in the over.THE "DEAD BALL"WASN'T CALLED IN THE PROCESS OF THE BOWLER RUNNING IN TO BOWL,THE ACTION HAD BEEN COMPLETED AND THE BALL HAD GONE FOR SIX,MAYBE YOU MAY UNDERSTAND ME NOW.
I have seen paper and plastic bags blowing onto the field in test matches while the bowler is running in to bowl but umpires dont call "dead ball",those 2 umpires are idiots.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2013, 01:33:38 PM »
So FF,LEMME GET DIS RIGHT,the bowler gets hit for a big 6 and after that is complete the square leg umpire tells the presiding umpire that a towel dropped from behind Ramdin,this did not affect anybody in the playing field so why was it called a "dead ball"after the ball had sailed over the boundary for six,this was all done on the advice of the square leg umpire,if that action wasn't taken then it wudda been 2 sixes in the over.THE "DEAD BALL"WASN'T CALLED IN THE PROCESS OF THE BOWLER RUNNING IN TO BOWL,THE ACTION HAD BEEN COMPLETED AND THE BALL HAD GONE FOR SIX,MAYBE YOU MAY UNDERSTAND ME NOW.
I have seen paper and plastic bags blowing onto the field in test matches while the bowler is running in to bowl but umpires dont call "dead ball",those 2 umpires are idiots.

The "dead ball" was called off  what was supposed to be the last ball of the over. Had the call not been made the six would have stood and would have been the only six of the over because the over would have been completed; the fact that another six was hit off the extra delivery made the six we lost off the previous ball inconsequential .
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 02:02:47 PM by Michael-j »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2013, 02:45:00 PM »
Lord boy Frico. You sleep walking
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2013, 02:53:55 PM »
[/quote

Either that or he nursin a stale drunk
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2013, 04:24:31 AM »
Thanks mate I didn't realize it was the last ball but I was sleepy and have been up for the last few days looking and listening till 5 in the morning,I did miss the fact that it was the last ball.Who knows,maybe I was sleep posting. ;D

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2013, 10:32:02 PM »
We should have won by 9 runs but we were robbed of a big six by the umpires calling it a dead ball.It is a dead ball if it affects the bowler in his run up to bowl but he Permaul didn't even see what had happened so it could not have affected what he did.The cap fell out behind Ramdin's backside and did not affect anybody,what stupid umpiring.We almost lost the match because of that it was nice to see Taylor smack the next one for 6,match winning moment there.

I know I late, but BEFORE the ball was bowled Nero (the square leg umpire) was already signalling dead ball plus Ramdin was also waving at the bowler to stop bowling. Another point to note, both umpires are the presiding umpire. For example, the umpire at the non-striker's end cannot rule on a stumping yet we would call him the "presiding" umpire. The square leg (or striker's end) umpire also can rule on no balls for height, limitation of on side fielders (or in limited overs cricket the field restrictions) or position of the wicket-keeper.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2013, 10:41:56 PM »
MOMENTUM IN DEY BUMBACLART!!! ;D

1]; } ?>