April 29, 2024, 01:14:51 AM

Author Topic: Ole news, but I did not know, Narine dead for real.  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Ole news, but I did not know, Narine dead for real.
« on: August 07, 2013, 09:52:10 AM »
Radio DJ dies in late-night crash
Sister: Voice of 'I'm Santana' character a food-lover
By Jensen LaVende

KIMLAN QUAN's last conversation with her brother was one of their usual fights over food.

Yesterday, she hoped he would come home as he normally did and make it up to her.

Instead, she received a telephone call telling her that her elder brother Gyron Quan died after being involved in a car accident on his way to work the night before.

Quan, 35, a disc jockey with 96.1 WEFM, died yesterday morning while undergoing surgery at the Port of Spain General Hospital.

He also voiced the character of "Sookdeo" in the I'm Santana franchise.

Quan was on his way to his midnight-to-5 a.m. shift at the radio station when, according to police, he lost control of his vehicle and the car crashed into a ditch at the side of the Churchill-Roosevelt Highway.

Police reports stated the accident occurred around 11.45 p.m. on Friday.

He died around 3 a.m. yesterday.

At the family's Sixth Street East, Montague Avenue, Trincity, home, Quan recalled the last time she spoke with her brother.

"I heard the plate knocking and he asked me for some water, and I told him, 'No, I am not your wife,'" Quan recalled.

Quan said her brother ate some of her black beans and cassava, and she was anticipating him coming home yesterday and saying the food lacked salt, a ploy, she said, used at times for them to begin speaking again whenever they were upset with each other.

Quan said her brother "loved his belly", and most of their arguments were over food.

Quan said her brother was the one who believed in her and pushed her musically.

She said she always dreamed of performing a duet with her brother, who relatives described as a creative person who had the ability to mimic many voices.

"I have to do a song for him now," she said.

His mother, Brenda Quan, said her son was the most charitable person she could think of despite him being frugal.

The mother of three said her second child assisted in the delivery of his little sister, and that was an unbreakable bond between the two.

"I came here because of him," Kimlan interjected.

Relatives and friends who gathered at the home told the Sunday Express that Quan was a hard-working young man who loved basketball so much that he would walk around pretending he was playing.

Those gathered said Quan's major talent was his ability to do impersonations, which landed him the role in the "I'm Santana" franchise.

skilled at voices: Gyron Quan

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ole news, but I did not know, Narine dead for real.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 11:56:39 AM »
Story Created: Dec 8, 2012 at 9:50 PM ECT
Story Updated: Dec 9, 2012 at 6:45 AM ECT
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Radio_DJ_dies_in_late-night_crash-182691901.html
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Ole news, but I did not know, Narine dead for real.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 01:17:00 PM »
Sad news and the lost of a geat talent!
Condolences to his friends and family.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>