April 19, 2024, 03:51:30 PM

Author Topic: Carlos Edwards ready to put club before country  (Read 9331 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carlos Edwards ready to put club before country
« on: August 08, 2013, 05:27:56 PM »
Carlos Edwards ready to put club before country
By Stuart Watson (Ipswich Star)

Ipswich Town captain Carlos Edwards says he is ready to call time on his international career with Trinidad & Tobago in order to help the Blues.

The 34-year-old missed all of Town’s pre-season this summer due to the fact he was in the USA helping his national side reach the quarter-finals of the Gold Cup.

Last season there were regular trips to the Caribbean, but such long distance flights could soon become a thing of the past.

Asked if he would carry on playing for the Soca Warriors, the right-winger said: “I don’t know, that’s a good question. I am the oldest in the team now.

“Yes, I enjoy myself when I’m away with Trinidad. But at the same time I really wanted to be among the boys here.

“Trinidad twisted Ipswich’s arm to have me at the Gold Cup. That’s the reason I ended up going.

“This is my family now, Trinidad & Tobago is my adopted family because 95% of the time I’m here. Playing for them is more of a ‘play date’, as we say with the kids!

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos Edwards ready to put club before country
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 05:40:16 PM »
Call time on your career but doh talk like an ass.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 06:34:40 PM »
It may be true but he does sound like an ass saying it. All the best whatever you decide to do Carlos.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 06:54:58 PM »
Let me say first that Carlos is truly one of the nicest guys I know. He's provided exemplary service for the nation and flown the red white and black in the UK for years.

Reading between the lines, I'd say that Carlos is contemplating his future and is searching for security. By making this club before country commitment, he's obviously hoping that his loyalty is repaid.

That said, he may already realise that the next 12 months is a rebuilding faze for T&T in the run up to the 2018 qualifiers and Hart will want to experiment and build for the future, so Carlos probably won't have received too many calls anyway.

It's a bit like when you have two jobs and both employers are complaining, but one is only going to last another year or two while the other could last for twenty years. Instead of facing the indignity of being fired, it's better to quit and focus on the long term.

I should imagine Carlos is now waiting for Harts response. Maybe he'll tell Carlos that he needs him and wants him as part of the coaching staff in the future. Maybe he'll say "thanks for your great service, Carlos, don't be a stranger".

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 07:24:36 PM »
It may be true but he does sound like an ass saying it. All the best whatever you decide to do Carlos.
"talk like an ass"...........How so de_redman & Sam? I must be missing something!

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 07:55:21 PM »
"talk like an ass"...........How so de_redman & Sam? I must be missing something!
Referring to T&T as his 'adopted family' and playing for T&T as being a 'play date' to me sounds a little disrespectful despite the fact that it may be true. it just sounds as if he doing this as something on the side, like "pulling bull" with the company car. 'Ah doh bound to do this buh why not'. His words I think are more tailored for his English counterparts and letting them know where his commitment lies. Just thought he could of chosen his wording a little more carefully. Doh get me wrong though he has been a true servant for the Red, White and Black.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 07:56:00 PM »
I could read between the lines and understand to a point. Look, Harts call him up. He responded positively. In the interviews he was glad to rep. the country. The part about twisting Ipswich is kind of  disengenuous. He did not have to come. Under Fifa rules if called up for a legitimate match, the club has to allow him to go. He could have told Hart, I looking out for security because of my age. But he was glad to be there. Plus it is not football season. Look, if you ready to retire, say so. We love you darely, but we have to move on.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 10:28:28 PM »
Adopted Family...jeezun ages Los. How yuh go say dat? Me Mum gone, De Rolls Royce jes splash water on we while we wearing we Sunday best. Ah guess Sam go get he Testimonial Match jes now when Bleeder decide to hang it up. Bleeder wha is yuh plan boy? Ah know is not to play organ in de church like you fadda.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 05:25:54 AM »
Adopted family...way...thaiz ah slap in the balls sack....I get ya want job security. .but choose better words...cuz at de end of tye day yuh is a trini...all d best rolls royce!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 07:22:45 AM »
The man sweet talking the Ipswich Fans aint none wrong with that. Carlos Representing Trinidad & Tobago for the longest time with passion doh make one statement tarnish what he been to our country. True Legend of Trinidad & Tobago football...

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 08:03:10 AM »
Best of luck whatever you decide to do Carlos, but for goodness sake GET A PR agent...your words could be interpreted as being pretty disrespectful, and I know you're NOT that kinda guy!!

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 08:44:48 AM »
The feeling is probably mutual on both sides... I don't see any reason for us to call him back at this stage of his career considering no imminent tournaments are around the corner.  Clearly he is in the twilight of his career and job security is important to him.  The man served us well, all the best Carlos.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 10:32:28 AM »
surprised to hear this from carlos, i would expect that from other players

that being said, at least we know where most of them players heart at, it doesn't lie with trinidad, since we are the adopted family all of a sudden.

good luck, i think its time for him to ride with that out of timing statement, take the other users with you as well

Nashy

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 11:37:18 AM »

that being said, at least we know where most of them players heart at, it doesn't lie with trinidad, since we are the adopted family all of a sudden.

good luck, i think its time for him to ride with that out of timing statement, take the other users with you as well

Who are you fella?   I have been observing your posts for a short while now, and while I don't know you in person or on here for long, you do come across as a real know it all and a narcissist.   I bet you never kick a lime in your life!

In fact you remind me of a fella I knew in Carenage.  He used to boats about being a big time fast bowler, always knew what were in men's hearts and one day when we pick him on our team to play a team from Simeon Road, and we hand him the ball to bowl the first over, he shit on he self.

First ball bounce 3 times before it reach the batman, everybody including the umpires start to laugh.

Learn humility, stop guessing, you don't know 1/16 of what you think, especially about T&T football players.

Carlos Edwards is a boss.  Always put T&T first.  In the dressing room, Carlos,  Bleeder (especially Bleeder),  Kenwyne and Glen are leaders and patriots.

Carlos will bleed for T&T!  Stop talking so much shit all the time fella.

giggsy11

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 11:59:29 AM »
He played like dey twisted his arm tuh play. He should have shut it down after reporting that he contemplating calling it quits. No need tuh talk about how he view the national team, compared to his club side, he sounded like he tryin tuh convince that he committed tuh the club's cause. 

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 12:30:18 PM »
lol Nashy come and analyze a man easy easy
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 01:06:06 PM »
Nashy, I agree with Contro. sentiments. Carlos has been a Warrior from the beginning. He has splendid record with our National. We on this forum has given all our praise to him. He is a Warrior right true.We gave him Everything. If what he said is a misprint, then let us know. We should contact that newspaper ask them why they printing misleading statements by one of our BELOVED WARRRIOR. I am surprised by what he said. I understand the clubs position, but for pete's sake, he was asked to play in an official tournament which was not conflicting with the regular football season. If Carlos felt it would jeopardize his club career, he should have told Hart and TTFA, I am finished with international football, I want to be excused. We would be pissed, but it is his bread and butter. It makes us wonder if he was giving 100%. Now allyuh see why Coops has voiced his opinions on foreign. Now don't jump on Coops. Reply to me. I ready for anyone here.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:12:08 PM by Deeks »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 01:21:34 PM »

Who are you fella?   I have been observing your posts for a short while now, and while I don't know you in person or on here for long, you do come across as a real know it all and a narcissist.   I bet you never kick a lime in your life!

In fact you remind me of a fella I knew in Carenage.  He used to boats about being a big time fast bowler, always knew what were in men's hearts and one day when we pick him on our team to play a team from Simeon Road, and we hand him the ball to bowl the first over, he shit on he self.

First ball bounce 3 times before it reach the batman, everybody including the umpires start to laugh.

Learn humility, stop guessing, you don't know 1/16 of what you think, especially about T&T football players.

Carlos Edwards is a boss.  Always put T&T first.  In the dressing room, Carlos,  Bleeder (especially Bleeder),  Kenwyne and Glen are leaders and patriots.

Carlos will bleed for T&T!  Stop talking so much shit all the time fella.

that's the best you can come with?  :D if your looking for your usual attention, you should stick to the avenue in pos

better question is, who are you? 35 post bandwaggonist who now join the board and talking to me like if you lash at bottle of johnny before you start your diatribe about your brother, friend, partner.

you remind me of a troll that use to post on this board that i had to manners, until i was warned for the excessive ponging i gave him. Your lucky the board has been standardized to a certain extent to save you from getting manners.

btw i know bleeder and have spoken to him on many occasions, being from the edr,  if your familiar with the area and i have played football, not professional but my family has played at a higher level than yourself and your man carlos, not that i need to justify anything to a novice like yourself.

and since your illiteracy is a problem I will point out that i supported kenwyne after his stint with the national team, always supported glen and bleeder, until bleeder started to fade with his quality of play. Hopefully your intelligent enough to understand what I'm saying to you, if you need a translation, I could get one of your trolls to translate who understands the english language

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 01:23:04 PM »
lol Nashy come and analyze a man easy easy

small thing, i just analyze him and realize he is a troll and call him out... ;)

he aint analyze anything, thats the problem with ignorant trinidadians, they destructive and not constructive and know how to insult but can't back it up, especially if the evidence staring at them in their face

Nashy

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 01:27:26 PM »
Nashy, I agree with Contro. sentiments. Carlos has been a Warrior from the beginning. He has splendid record with our National. We on this forum has given all our praise to him. He is a Warrior right true.We gave him Everything. If what he said is a misprint, then let us know. We should contact that newspaper ask them why they printing misleading statements by one of our BELOVED WARRRIOR. I am surprised by what he said. I understand the clubs position, but for pete's sake, he was asked to play in an official tournament which was not conflicting with the regular football season. If Carlos felt it would jeopardize his club career, he should have told Hart and TTFA, I am finished with international football, I want to be excused. We would be pissed, but it is his bread and butter. It makes us wonder if he was giving 100%. Now allyuh see why Coops has voiced his opinions on foreign. Now don't jump on Coops. Reply to me. I ready for anyone here.

Did Carlos say he never wanted o come and play?  He said the TTFA twisted the hand of his employer and that is why he ended up going.  Did he ever say it put his career in jeopardy?

He could have asked to be excused that is true, he did not.  This was Gold Cup experience playing for his country.  That is why he came.   He knows he is at the end of his career so he is looking to make as much money as he could.   Everyone of the players LOVE putting on the National Kit.

So what if he says that the remaining international games he will be involved in are like play dates?  It is true FOR HIM!   Nothing important to play for as he will definitely NOT be part of the National set-up as far as playing in WC qualifiers etc. are concerned.

Personally I would still love to see him around as he brings a lot of experience and quality to our team, as well as the leadership in the dressing room and on the field.

The man is just saying what he has to say to protect his family and his interests.

Give me a break.

And who is Coops?

Nashy

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 01:36:12 PM »
Controversial, you should change your name to Attention_Whore.

So what if your family play ball at a high level?  And so what if you talk to Bleeder?

Fella, I don't care to hear about your exploits "ponging man"  if that is your cup of tea that is your cup of tea  I don't judge based on sexuality.

But when it come to talking shit, you seem to play on a higher level than most people I know.

So if you have 3722 posts and I have only 35 that makes you a football expert or just someone with too much time on their hands?

You talking about intelligence and illiteracy yet you using the possessive "YOUR,"   instead of you are? And, you used it more than once so it is no typo!

Fella, you making people from the EDR look bad.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 01:43:30 PM »

Did Carlos say he never wanted o come and play?  He said the TTFA twisted the hand of his employer and that is why he ended up going.  Did he ever say it put his career in jeopardy?

He could have asked to be excused that is true, he did not.  This was Gold Cup experience playing for his country.  That is why he came.   He knows he is at the end of his career so he is looking to make as much money as he could.   Everyone of the players LOVE putting on the National Kit.

So what if he says that the remaining international games he will be involved in are like play dates?  It is true FOR HIM!   Nothing important to play for as he will definitely NOT be part of the National set-up as far as playing in WC qualifiers etc. are concerned.

Personally I would still love to see him around as he brings a lot of experience and quality to our team, as well as the leadership in the dressing room and on the field.

The man is just saying what he has to say to protect his family and his interests.

Give me a break.

And who is Coops?

deeks breds, sorry to jumbie your response but I couldn't help but answer this troll..

so why did he use the statement "adopted family"? meaning, TT is not a priority and isn't his blood, the UK club team is however, or is Carlos forgetting that national caps help with his work permit, i guess you conveniently forgot that, that's why Jamaica does so well in sport, loyalty to where they are from, the lack of patriotism in Trinidad players is appalling, but since its your partner, you will fight tooth and nail to protect his interests

He used TT as a springboard, getting games in the Gold Cup elevates a player's status to agents and his team, it had nothing to do with patriotism, i know a few agents and know the drill, Carlos came for himself... bottom line, save your self righteous bull for someone who believes it 

so these games leading up to the next wc 2018 is not important? okay, so i guess gelling with the new team and re-building doesn't serve him and his best interests, only when it is 95% in his favor and not the team's favor will he consider staying on... since Hart is re-building and is trying new blood, that is not part of his plan to help nurture along the younger players.

You have said all that you need to say, its clear that selfishness and the narcissism is clear and present in your camp, before you condemn the spec in my eye, take the log out of yours troll..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 01:45:21 PM »

So what if your family play ball at a high level?  And so what if you talk to Bleeder?

Fella, I don't care to hear about your exploits "ponging man"  if that is your cup of tea that is your cup of tea  I don't judge based on sexuality.

But when it come to talking shit, you seem to play on a higher level than most people I know.

So if you have 3722 posts and I have only 35 that makes you a football expert or just someone with too much time on their hands?

You talking about intelligence and illiteracy yet you using the possessive "YOUR,"   instead of you are? And, you used it more than once so it is no typo!

blah blah blah, when you write something of substance get back to me, after your rounds on the avenue tonight...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 01:48:53 PM »

and for the record, when de redman called him an ass, why didn't you call him out? you sound like an old poster who come back under a different name and trying to start something... ride out with your nonsense, i don't have time to respond to fools like you

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 02:03:43 PM »
Nah man Nashy is not a old poster i can guarantee that.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 02:08:13 PM »
Nah man Nashy is not a old poster i can guarantee that.

him talking garbage and being a troll is 100% guaranteed as well... :D

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2013, 02:45:18 PM »

better question is, who are you? 35 post bandwaggonist who now join the board and talking to me like if you lash at bottle of johnny before you start your diatribe about your brother, friend, partner.

btw i know bleeder and have spoken to him on many occasions, being from the edr,  if your familiar with the area and i have played football, not professional but my family has played at a higher level than yourself and your man carlos, not that i need to justify anything to a novice like yourself.

:rotfl: :rotfl: I can't believe what I reading here
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2013, 03:22:49 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: I can't believe what I reading here

Classic Contro...Right on queue, it only took 2 post before the EDR reference was mentioned.... ;D
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2013, 03:47:20 PM »
Nashy new but everything I ever see from him was sense. Not no troll at all.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2013, 04:14:54 PM »
If I'm not mistaken Isn't Nashy a player on the MNT??

1]; } ?>