March 28, 2024, 03:26:39 AM

Author Topic: Forum Rules and Guidelines comments.  (Read 21275 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Forum Rules and Guidelines comments.
« on: August 08, 2013, 12:04:22 PM »
What is the length of the ban? and what was the basis?

Are we going to see moderators enforcing bans and the forum rules now? All of a sudden.

What about retroactive bans? Is there a statute of limitations on unwanted posts and behaviour? It have plenty worse posts still on this site available for anyone to see.

I find this arbitrary.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 08:50:35 AM by Flex »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Re: Birchall set to consider his future with T&T
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 12:08:00 PM »
What is the length of the ban? and what was the basis?

Are we going to see moderators enforcing bans and the forum rules now? All of a sudden.

What about retroactive bans? Is there a statute of limitations on unwanted posts and behaviour? It have plenty worse posts still on this site available for anyone to see.

I find this arbitrary.

We really cant see all post, so we rely on you guys to point them out (if you dont mind). But to say is arbitrary is not fair without pointing out the bad ones as we cannot see and cover everything.

You guys have to remember, this is a full time job, time none of us have but when foundation members talk without substance it makes you wonder.

FF, when ever you are ready to throw your hat in the ring let me know, apparently, you might do a better job than us.

Again, we rely on you guys to help us out, there are 1,000's of post here....

We tolerate a little cussing but racist post will be deleted and given a warning, if it continues, a temporary ban will be place and then so fourth and so on.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:21:06 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 01:01:14 PM »
In my view, this site has been created to allow free speech and if you don't like the knocks, then leave. I, for instance, had several disagreements with Bakes. Once we both cooled down, we're still here and we're still posting.

However, when it crosses the line, then it should be dealt with. Racism is not always apparent to the perpetrator or the "audience". But if the victim feels he has received offensive comments based on his race, he has the right to play the race card. At that point, a simple apology could be enough to calm things down. But when people purposely use race as a weapon, they should be dealt with.

The same goes for calling a man's name. There is no need on this site to address anyone other than by their forum I.D. But if you feel the need to do this, then the least you can do is get some testicular fortitude and identify yourself. This site is not designed for cowards with a personal vendetta to hide behind nom de plumes and maliciously attack fellow forumites.

Finally, I do believe this site should be, to a degree, self regulating. If you're offended, report it to the Mods. Don't sit and wait for someone else. It's our forum and we can let the Mods know what we will and won't accept.

It's difficult for the Mods in many cases, but if they make a decision, it's better that your views are shared privately via pm.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 02:16:48 PM »
In my view, this site has been created to allow free speech and if you don't like the knocks, then leave. I, for instance, had several disagreements with Bakes. Once we both cooled down, we're still here and we're still posting.

However, when it crosses the line, then it should be dealt with. Racism is not always apparent to the perpetrator or the "audience". But if the victim feels he has received offensive comments based on his race, he has the right to play the race card. At that point, a simple apology could be enough to calm things down. But when people purposely use race as a weapon, they should be dealt with.

The same goes for calling a man's name. There is no need on this site to address anyone other than by their forum I.D. But if you feel the need to do this, then the least you can do is get some testicular fortitude and identify yourself. This site is not designed for cowards with a personal vendetta to hide behind nom de plumes and maliciously attack fellow forumites.

Finally, I do believe this site should be, to a degree, self regulating. If you're offended, report it to the Mods. Don't sit and wait for someone else. It's our forum and we can let the Mods know what we will and won't accept.

It's difficult for the Mods in many cases, but if they make a decision, it's better that your views are shared privately via pm.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Thank you boss, a man with some class.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 02:19:46 PM »

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Thank you boss, a man with some class.

:bs: Da song like yuh fackin up everybody else

Better yuh say ah man who actually understands caw FS like school in summertime lol

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 02:27:04 PM »
Not really, just appreciate the fact that he hit the nail on the head and its really simple rules to follow instead of just jumping down the moderator throat "first" use the protocol then act.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 02:45:23 PM »
Flex I sit down quietly reading... but I have to respond here.
Nobody never jump down the moderators throat or your throat.

I simply stated my opinion and ask for clarification, with no malice or disrespect intended.

I don't even know for sure if the man get ban. One unknown poster come and claim that. So all I was asking for was a little clarification and transparency. If you find I fast and out of place for that, well then I fast and out of place. I grow up in a corner house anyway.

I understand and respect the work allyuh doing and is only so much you could do, so I know it hard. But I believe it should have a set system of warnings and clear cut penalties/bans. Lets face it we don't really have that or any real enforcement and in the absence of same, my policy is to ignore any posts that offend my sensitivities and keep it moving. The forum motto is Talk yuh talk after all.

And this kinda discussion is good for the whole board, so I don't think it should be confined to a PM. It probably should however be moved to that other thread discussing forum rules and decorum.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 03:28:14 PM »

I simply stated my opinion and ask for clarification, with no malice or disrespect intended.

I don't even know for sure if the man get ban. One unknown poster come and claim that. So all I was asking for was a little clarification and transparency. If you find I fast and out of place for that, well then I fast and out of place. I grow up in a corner house anyway.

I understand and respect the work allyuh doing and is only so much you could do, so I know it hard. But I believe it should have a set system of warnings and clear cut penalties/bans. Lets face it we don't really have that or any real enforcement and in the absence of same, my policy is to ignore any posts that offend my sensitivities and keep it moving. The forum motto is Talk yuh talk after all.

And this kinda discussion is good for the whole board, so I don't think it should be confined to a PM. It probably should however be moved to that other thread discussing forum rules and decorum.

If you had simply asked for clarification I could have given you that with no problem but when you start saying:

1. "Are we going to see moderators enforcing bans and the forum rules now? All of a sudden.

2. "What about retroactive bans? Is there a statute of limitations on unwanted posts and behaviour?

3. "It have plenty worse posts still on this site available for anyone to see."

4. "I find this arbitrary."

It don't sound like you asking, it more sound like you telling....

I had a problem with that, you making it sound like all of a sudden we start working or the rules only pertain to certain poster/post and you find it arbitrary, is like hook, bait and sinker in one. Furthermore, if someone was ban we don't have to announce it, its just a time out, just cool is still one of us here.

Again, for future references, if someone is offend by someone else post because he/she took it to far, simply PM us and we will handle it, don't assume we saw their post. Some people say, Sam says what he wants because he is my boy, Sam is a kicks man and most people take him that way, so I go along but if he offends someone and they write me, I will handle it accordingly.

btw; I will probably move these thread with the rules thread.

And we will probably rewrite/adjust the rules a little bit and try our best to stick by it.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 03:53:41 PM by Flex »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 03:32:27 PM »
Not really, just appreciate the fact that he hit the nail on the head and its really simple rules to follow instead of just jumping down the moderator throat "first" use the protocol then act.

I pullin yuh leg eh fella, jess so yuh kno nah lol

Funny I feel like what he state should be common sense but given it doesn't happen is actually uncommon sense  ;D

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 03:33:14 PM »

I pullin yuh leg eh fella, jess so yuh kno nah lol

Funny I feel like what he state should be common sense but given it doesn't happen is actually uncommon sense  ;D

:rotfl:......

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 03:54:50 PM by Flex »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 05:55:05 PM »

In all fairness to Flex Just Cool was warned.  Just not too long ago he and vb had a similar exchange involving some racial (ah wouldn't call it racist just yet) language and both ah them were warned to cool it.  Now I see some people calling just cool 'racist' and all ah that, which he kinda brought on himself, but which at the same time I don't think is really fair.  I personally don't think he's racist, having had a wide range of interactions with him going back at least 7 years. I doh have any issues with him, other than every now and then he does fly off the handle.  All that being said he does make some real outta timing race-based comments as though he doh recognize that we as a Trinbagonian people make up of many different races.  Maybe there should be something in the forum guidelines that expressly prohibits racially-offensive language... but it shouldn't even come to that.  There is a system of warnings in place and there are some (not including JC) who have vowed to ignore it and will continue to act how they want.  When that happens there will be consequences and people can't come and start complaining about things seeming "arbitrary" when they don't know what happening behind the scenes.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Forum Rules and Guidelines comments
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 07:17:24 PM »
I was not allowed to post on the Forum Rules and Guidelines thread, so I made my own, feel free to move it or delete after.

I just wanted to thank the mods for finally doing something about the racist comments being posted on here. People talking bout it's a free site and we should say what we want blah blah blah... That's fair enough, but let common sense prevail. We are not the only one that visit this site, there are foreigners, reporters, children, parents, potential foreign born players, coaches, and even scouts looking on here. The racist comments are not welcome, and should be dealt with swiftly.

Everywhere you go, there are rules. This site has been lenient for far to long and I commend them for stepping up and cleaning up the unwanted racist post by individuals on here. Right now it's a time out, I say ban them, cause posters like that is what makes people stop posting on here.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Rules and Guidelines comments
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 07:30:50 PM »
I was not allowed to post on the Forum Rules and Guidelines thread, so I made my own, feel free to move it or delete after.

I just wanted to thank the mods for finally doing something about the racist comments being posted on here. People talking bout it's a free site and we should say what we want blah blah blah... That's fair enough, but let common sense prevail. We are not the only one that visit this site, there are foreigners, reporters, children, parents, potential foreign born players, coaches, and even scouts looking on here. The racist comments are not welcome, and should be dealt with swiftly.

Everywhere you go, there are rules. This site has been lenient for far to long and I commend them for stepping up and cleaning up the unwanted racist post by individuals on here. Right now it's a time out, I say ban them, cause posters like that is what makes people stop posting on here.

I all for free speech and this is a cyber trini lime and man should be allowed to talk what dey want. Walk with yuh thick skin as I believe maxg once said. At the same time, what I agree with is that the general forum rules and guidelines should be enforced more regularly with public warnings and eventual temporary bans. Permanent bans should be a last resort for serious trolls (ahem the man in the corner)

The mods doing it already but can't do it all, so if this need posters to be more proactive and report transgressors to the attention of the mods so be it. But fack away with cry babies who can't take talk and just like to snitch because men go start to report every little ting that offend dem even a little bit.

Maybe we could have a forum committee to review posts if they are reported by the mods. I eh know maybe I talking sh!t.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 07:37:05 PM by FF »

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 10:09:56 PM »
What racist comments?   What did I miss?

Talking about racist comments...it turns out that "Jesus loves you", may all be well and good to hear....EXCEPT apparently if you're in a Mexican prison.  Just saying.

;D
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

giggsy11

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 12:07:15 PM »
Hey as long as they impose the same rules and guidelines across the board for all forum members and moderators.  To much hypocrisy and favoritism happening, so why should those who suppose to be imposing rules be taken seriously? If dey is partners, dey get passes to take liberties. Which is why this forum is to be taken with a grain of salt and has lost a lot of credibility as a result. Letting the fox manning the chicken coop.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 12:42:28 PM »
Hey as long as they impose the same rules and guidelines across the board for all forum members and moderators.  To much hypocrisy and favoritism happening, so why should those who suppose to be imposing rules be taken seriously? If dey is partners, dey get passes to take liberties. Which is why this forum is to be taken with a grain of salt and has lost a lot of credibility as a result. Letting the fox manning the chicken coop.

Well said! :beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 09:37:06 PM »
Rum shop or not, thick skin or not.  This is a public place and adults should know better.  And worst yet everything written down and archived. ;D   BTW enough of the crass talk too. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 08:17:45 AM »
Rum shop or not, thick skin or not.  This is a public place and adults should know better.  And worst yet everything written down and archived. ;D   BTW enough of the crass talk too. 

Thank you.

To date I have never cuss on this forum.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2013, 08:31:29 AM »

Ahhhh, Giggsy, yuh is a woman after meh own heart!

I really don't care too much for this renewed touting of the so-called rules and guidelines because it is evident to me that they are being conveniently or selectively or inconsistently applied. Men talking about "crass" as if "crass" is new to the forum.  This same new moderator they have "bakes" that want to be sendin' me "pm warnings" is and always has been one of the most crass and bitch-oriented characters on here and to THAT hypocrisy I say, go fly a f**kin' kite. We is Trinis and we all know how we does talk we shit and laugh and joke, rum shop or not but even in a rum shop environment, with liquor flowing, most reasonable people does know dey boundaries.  I not on the pm-ing thing at all. Dize fuh men who on de shoo-shoo, glee club, convent girl kinda scene and I doh rock so.  If unnecessarily offend or disrespect you, then call me on it like a man, not like no teenage gyul, runnin' to moderators behind my back, because if dize how yuh does move in a rum shop, dem fellas (and ladies) eh go want yuh drinkin' wit dem too much...unless yuh pockets deep and yuh sponsorin'.  Mods should be doing their own jobs and not encouraging snitch behaviour and that starts with comporting themselves with a certain decorum. But if yuh want to come out yuh ivory tower and exchange banter down in the trenches, then take whatever mud gets slung back in yuh eye and sleep in whatever bed yuh made fuh yuh self.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 09:26:01 AM »
Dont worry guys, I am restructuring some new rules and as you guys saying, we favor people, then all that will stop and to be honest, I dont think I do, not sure if others do it because as I said its hard to follow every post or incidents.

Anyone want to add anything that they want to see change please post here.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 01:12:09 PM »
Dont worry guys, I am restructuring some new rules and as you guys saying, we favor people, then all that will stop and to be honest, I dont think I do, not sure if others do it because as I said its hard to follow every post or incidents.

It's more or less what you just said here flex, I've been following the site and the prior one (Marc Purcell), started posting I think towards the end of Purcell's and this type of "talk" has been fairly constant, some posters more than others; JC has had his fair share of inflammatory posts, but so have others; maybe those others were privately warned and shaped up, don't really know, don't pay that close enough attention to know -- like you said before, that then becomes a job.  But as I played a game this AM w/FF I asked if JC was banned permamently or temporarily and to me it seemed harsh b/c of the lack of inconsistency, not b/c of his culpability.  We know nepostism run throughout the planet, so I guess this site is no exception, but we should strive to be more transparent and consistent than that.

BTW, kudos to all of you who take the time to do what you do, I know I could not personally do it, so it's not an attack on the mods, but since you more or less asked...  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2013, 04:55:25 PM »
It's more or less what you just said here flex, I've been following the site and the prior one (Marc Purcell), started posting I think towards the end of Purcell's and this type of "talk" has been fairly constant, some posters more than others; JC has had his fair share of inflammatory posts, but so have others; maybe those others were privately warned and shaped up, don't really know, don't pay that close enough attention to know -- like you said before, that then becomes a job.  But as I played a game this AM w/FF I asked if JC was banned permamently or temporarily and to me it seemed harsh b/c of the lack of inconsistency, not b/c of his culpability.  We know nepostism run throughout the planet, so I guess this site is no exception, but we should strive to be more transparent and consistent than that.

BTW, kudos to all of you who take the time to do what you do, I know I could not personally do it, so it's not an attack on the mods, but since you more or less asked...  :beermug:

Rather than people (you and FF in this instance) keep making these charges of inconsistency and nepotism... just lay it out in the open, or in PMs if allyuh prefer, where allyuh see the inconsistency or nepotism.  I will be the first to say that I didn't always abide by the "spirit" of the forum and used to cuss man and get into running dispute in thread with man and what not.  Nobody had to PM me and tell me anything, I decided to leave off the unnecessary drama some 4-5 years ago.  That's just speaking for myself.  So nobody could be accusing Flex of nepotism or favoritism or inconsistency where it comes to me.  Half the shit I used to be saying/doing, I sure Flex never even see it, let alone had an opportunity to act. I will still engage in my regular interaction on the forum, I will get into sometimes heated disagreements, I might even use ah personal insult here and there, as well I might not.  But what you won't see me doing is getting into any long back and forth cussout or using racist or homophobic language towards others.  Now who want to cry and bawl about me being a hypocrite dai'z they business.

The fact that Flex has decided to act now isn't inconsistent... it simply means enough is enough.  I have nothing against JC, and whether any of us agree with the suspension or not (and it is a suspension, not a permanent "ban"), the fact of the matter is that JC was warned, repeatedly... and recently.  Just because the warning wasn't done publicly doesn't make the ultimate decision to discipline him "inconsistent".  There is much NOW that is going on behind the scenes, where if the other shoe should fall I done see some holding they head and bawling about inconsistency, but if anyone ah allyuh know Flex, he is VERY hesitant to act.  But the nonsense have to stop somewhere.

giggsy11

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2013, 06:50:48 PM »

Rather than people (you and FF in this instance) keep making these charges of inconsistency and nepotism... just lay it out in the open, or in PMs if allyuh prefer, where allyuh see the inconsistency or nepotism.  I will be the first to say that I didn't always abide by the "spirit" of the forum and used to cuss man and get into running dispute in thread with man and what not.  Nobody had to PM me and tell me anything, I decided to leave off the unnecessary drama some 4-5 years ago.  That's just speaking for myself.  So nobody could be accusing Flex of nepotism or favoritism or inconsistency where it comes to me.  Half the shit I used to be saying/doing, I sure Flex never even see it, let alone had an opportunity to act. I will still engage in my regular interaction on the forum, I will get into sometimes heated disagreements, I might even use ah personal insult here and there, as well I might not.  But what you won't see me doing is getting into any long back and forth cussout or using racist or homophobic language towards others.  Now who want to cry and bawl about me being a hypocrite dai'z they business.

The fact that Flex has decided to act now isn't inconsistent... it simply means enough is enough.  I have nothing against JC, and whether any of us agree with the suspension or not (and it is a suspension, not a permanent "ban"), the fact of the matter is that JC was warned, repeatedly... and recently.  Just because the warning wasn't done publicly doesn't make the ultimate decision to discipline him "inconsistent".  There is much NOW that is going on behind the scenes, where if the other shoe should fall I done see some holding they head and bawling about inconsistency, but if anyone ah allyuh know Flex, he is VERY hesitant to act.  But the nonsense have to stop somewhere.

Dred doh come on here, acting like you have reformed, because you have seen the error of your ways. Yes you may have toned down your use of certain language, but the bottom line is you can’t help but be who you are. Try as you may, you really don’t know how to address your peers, when you may have a differing opinion. You are still a condescending, argumentative, ambulance chasing troll, and very unlikable, no matter how you attempt to present yourself, and whatever your title is. And the fact is you are suppose to represent certain things, on this forum based on your “title”, but you can’t help yourself. That is a shame because when new people visit this forum they get you in your splendid glory.  Like you have been told before no matter how you dress up the pig, is still a pig in a dress.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2013, 07:01:42 PM »
Dred doh come on here, acting like you have reformed, because you have seen the error of your ways. Yes you may have toned down your use of certain language, but the bottom line is you can’t help but be who you are. Try as you may, you really don’t know how to address your peers, when you may have a differing opinion. You are still a condescending, argumentative, ambulance chasing troll, and very unlikable, no matter how you attempt to present yourself, and whatever your title is. And the fact is you are suppose to represent certain things, on this forum based on your “title”, but you can’t help yourself. That is a shame because when new people visit this forum they get you in your splendid glory.  Like you have been told before no matter how you dress up the pig, is still a pig in a dress.

...and nothing that you have said constitutes a violation of the forum rules, not in letter not in spirit.  Try yuh best to keep up.  If is bitch yuh want to bitch about all them personal feelings yuh toting then take that up with somebody else because where you are concerned I really doh care about anything you have to say.

giggsy11

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2013, 07:23:07 PM »

...and nothing that you have said constitutes a violation of the forum rules, not in letter not in spirit.  Try yuh best to keep up.  If is bitch yuh want to bitch about all them personal feelings yuh toting then take that up with somebody else because where you are concerned I really doh care about anything you have to say.

Nobody toting feelings dred, maybe you are; just calling it has it is and has been. You can threaten all you want and want to act because you have a "title". But it still is, what it is, and I used the forum to share my opinion, like we were encouraged to. If you have an issue with what I have stated, then make sure you take issue, with how you have continued to address others on this forum, title or no title. And yes that would be a prime example of the hypocrisy that prevails this forum.  :-*

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2013, 07:40:08 PM »
At the risk, Bakes, unlike you I don't really have the bandwidth to post the level of the detail you do on every board, read every post and than conduct Big Data analysis on it.  More power that you have that bandwith and hence your selection to moderate.  But with that comes responsibility which quite frankly your language never justified your selection, I would make a joke about Ray Charles and Steve Wonder seeing your posts, the truth of the matter is, even for a "poster" like myself who maybe reads the forum on average a few times per week can see that you are one of the chief offenders and the fact that other moderators never witness it would be as shocking as our 4x100 Womens team medalling now, very shocking.

No one is afraid to speak out per se, I just don't have the time and bandwith, but since you have asked, I'll indulge even if it's brief
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:52:00 PM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2013, 07:53:12 PM »

What Bakes say here is very important and I never thought about that before, so he outlined something very important here, I hardly read post here because the site does not only consist of the forum, you guys will not believe how much work myself and especially Tallman have to do daily to keep the site (plus facebook) up to date, so we really dont read through everyone's post, we simple dont have the time, and it bothers me of being accuse of favoritism.

People like Sam is a kicks man and who here dont enjoy his post, at least most of them ?

No one never complain, so I never really pay attention. We have a hand full of people complaining here.

Can anyone here state would would they like to see change ?

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:58:25 PM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2013, 07:59:40 PM »

In addition to JC ban, Sam and Jack Horner received the same and its only temporary.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2013, 08:06:07 PM »
At the risk, Bakes, unlike you I don't really have the bandwidth to post the level of the detail you do on every board, read every post and than conduct Big Data analysis on it.  More power that you have that bandwith and hence your selection to moderate.  But with that comes responsibility which quite frankly your language never justified your selection, I would make a joke about Ray Charles and Steve Wonder seeing your posts, the truth of the matter is, even for a "poster" like myself who maybe reads the forum on average a few times per week can see that you are one of the chief offenders and the fact that other moderators never witness it would be as shocking as our 4x100 Womens team medalling now, very shocking.

No one is afraid to speak out per se, I just don't have the time and bandwith, but since you have asked, I'll indulge even if it's brief

Dred, try that shit with somebody else.  If yuh have de "bandwith" to drop hints and make suggestions, then yuh have de bandwith to call names.  And now that you have called my name I can respond and tell yuh that yuh talking nonsense.  We talking about violating forum rules... not people's personal feelings.  Yuh might want to invest in understanding the difference.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 08:11:57 PM by Bakes »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2013, 08:18:24 PM »
It's just like Giggsy said, you simply can't accept responsibility for your actions, that's what makes this whole process laughable at best; don't you find it interesting you get into this with almost every poster who cares to indulge you?

Anyway, carry on  :beermug:

1]; } ?>