March 28, 2024, 06:49:30 AM

Author Topic: Forum Rules and Guidelines comments.  (Read 21280 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Rules and Guidelines comments
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2013, 08:38:33 PM »
It's just like Giggsy said, you simply can't accept responsibility for your actions, that's what makes this whole process laughable at best; don't you find it interesting you get into this with almost every poster who cares to indulge you?

Anyway, carry on  :beermug:

And you seem to be afflicted with the same case of dotishness that affecting Giggsy.  You could join she/it on the gripe-parade if you want.  You don't like my posting style, attitude, personality... I really couldn't give a shit.  The thread and issue is about "Forum Rules and Guidelines".  Ah see yuh eh run outta "bandwith" yet... clearly yuh have more to say than yuh letting on, so go ahead and point out how I does violate the forum rules and guidelines and benefitting from "lack of inconsistency" (sic), and "nepotism".

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2013, 08:45:17 PM »
It's just like Giggsy said, you simply can't accept responsibility for your actions, that's what makes this whole process laughable at best; don't you find it interesting you get into this with almost every poster who cares to indulge you?

Anyway, carry on  :beermug:

And you seem to be afflicted with the same case of dotishness that affecting Giggsy.  You could join she/it on the gripe-parade if you want.  You don't like my posting style, attitude, personality... I really couldn't give a shit.  The thread and issue is about "Forum Rules and Guidelines".  Ah see yuh eh run outta "bandwith" yet... clearly yuh have more to say than yuh letting on, so go ahead and point out how I does violate the forum rules and guidelines and benefitting from "lack of inconsistency" (sic), and "nepotism".

Not surprised by any of your replies and you are a moderator, sigh.  Regarding forum rules and guidelines, pour through your posts and you will see where you have used expletive language on multiple occasions, obscene name-calling of other posters; you said you toned down 4-5 years ago, I must have been travelling at the speed of light when all of this happened.  Anyway, I believe that's a violation, dude, the very content of your above post is disrepectful, but hey, maybe none of the above are violations...

Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2013, 09:16:53 PM »
I find it have some real petite posters here, like real girls complaining for the littlest stuff.

They seems like they dying to be favorites and lack attention. Who like who, who favor this one, get real guys.

What do you bring to the table?

I never hear people cuss so like Mango Chow, I don't know how these moderators even acknowledge this guy, his vocabulary is poor even if he have a point how can one take him serious.

Giggsy is another one, bitter people who whine whole day and do nothing positive but complain.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 09:26:11 PM by Sando »

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2013, 09:57:56 PM »
Ah just now storming this lil' shindig alyuh have going on here.

So what're the new rules and guidelines for the forum???  I need to know all the rules so ah could break them ONE BY ONE!   ;D
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2013, 10:02:08 PM »
what?  JC get ban?
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2013, 10:09:23 PM »

Rather than people (you and FF in this instance) keep making these charges of inconsistency and nepotism... just lay it out in the open, or in PMs if allyuh prefer, where allyuh see the inconsistency or nepotism.  I will be the first to say that I didn't always abide by the "spirit" of the forum and used to cuss man and get into running dispute in thread with man and what not.  Nobody had to PM me and tell me anything, I decided to leave off the unnecessary drama some 4-5 years ago.  That's just speaking for myself.  So nobody could be accusing Flex of nepotism or favoritism or inconsistency where it comes to me.  Half the shit I used to be saying/doing, I sure Flex never even see it, let alone had an opportunity to act. I will still engage in my regular interaction on the forum, I will get into sometimes heated disagreements, I might even use ah personal insult here and there, as well I might not.  But what you won't see me doing is getting into any long back and forth cussout or using racist or homophobic language towards others.  Now who want to cry and bawl about me being a hypocrite dai'z they business.

The fact that Flex has decided to act now isn't inconsistent... it simply means enough is enough.  I have nothing against JC, and whether any of us agree with the suspension or not (and it is a suspension, not a permanent "ban"), the fact of the matter is that JC was warned, repeatedly... and recently.  Just because the warning wasn't done publicly doesn't make the ultimate decision to discipline him "inconsistent".  There is much NOW that is going on behind the scenes, where if the other shoe should fall I done see some holding they head and bawling about inconsistency, but if anyone ah allyuh know Flex, he is VERY hesitant to act.  But the nonsense have to stop somewhere.

Bakes, I have to take you to task here.

1) the toning down was more recent than 4-5 years ago.
2) "personal insults here and there" is putting that mildly. You still have a propensity to put down or insult posters with whom you disagree

On the other hand, I don't recall you using racist or homophobic language.

Anyways, I have learned not to take on any drama anymore. So insult all you want or ignore as necessary.  I am cool with it.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 10:12:08 PM by pecan »
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

giggsy11

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2013, 10:18:19 PM »
I find it have some real petite posters here, like real girls complaining for the littlest stuff.

They seems like they dying to be favorites and lack attention. Who like who, who favor this one, get real guys.

What do you bring to the table?

I never hear people cuss so like Mango Chow, I don't know how these moderators even acknowledge this guy, his vocabulary is poor even if he have a point how can one take him serious.

Giggsy is another one, bitter people who whine whole day and do nothing positive but complain.

Hmmm, let me get this straight Sando, you earlier agreed with Preacher's post as it pertained to the need for people to stop being crass and to do a better job of watching what they say. Then decide to complain about members who decide to point out  the conduct of one of the biggest offender on this forum. So either you are a follower, and or, you are a bleating sheep, who decided to stand up for your friend. No problem with you doing so, but don't then agree with Preacher's post. And then turn around and act like what has been pointed out, is not related to the very same thing you agreed needs to change. Makes you seem weaker than weak, and a blinders wearing sheep. I guess it has been confirmed what you bring to the table.  And contrary to your belief;  my existence, does not depend on how I am perceived, on this forum. Unlike,  a non cursing, sheep like youself, I have no problem directly addressing anyone on this forum.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2013, 10:24:36 PM »
Bakes, I have to take you to task here.

1) the toning down was more recent than 4-5 years ago.
2) "personal insults here and there" is putting that mildly. You still have a propensity to put down or insult posters with whom you disagree

On the other hand, I don't recall you using racist or homophobic language.

Anyways, I have learned not to take on any drama anymore. So insult all you want or ignore as necessary.  I am cool with it.

So you jump in to nitpick... while ignoring not just the substance, but the clear language of the post.  ::)

Define it how you want, but my use of "unnecessary drama" was characterized by the reference to "... getting into any long back and forth cussout or using racist or homophobic language towards others."  Second, it have plenty time I disagree with people without putting them down and insulting them, the above exchange with 100% Barataria is a perfect case in point.  Did I insult or put him down when I disagreed with his initial comment? No.  But when he come making snide-ass remarks about "bandwith" and talking about how often I posting and where... and how I's one ah de "chief offenders" then I will tell him he talking shit, plain and simple, because he talking shit.  Take that as ah insult if yuh want to... take it as a "personal insult" if it make yuh happy.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2013, 10:32:59 PM »
*Raises hand slowly*   

I have a question.  What does the 'New Warrior' and 'Hero Warrior' mean anyway, besides the number of posts?

And why does the site feel the need to publish everyone's post-count next to their avatar?

I hope this question doesn't turn into a another debate.  :)

The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2013, 10:44:23 PM »
Bakes, doh study it borse; all the people who are complaining are either mildly delusional or stark raving mad.

;D :beermug:

P.S.: Doh get vex eh breds, you are who you are. Jess doh get mad when you face the consequences of having your personality.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2013, 11:33:48 PM »
In other breaking news, it turns out that the 'rupulsive demonic pig' (aka 'Jack Warner', aka Jackula), curiously has minions who support and voted for him.  Yes...even the repulsive demonic pig otherwise known as Jackula has brainwashed supporters who crawled out of the woodwork like cockroaches. 

Just throwing that one in there for no particular reason.   ;D

*Sips Scotch*

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2013, 11:45:58 PM »
Story time
Ah man take he time( and money) and build a house/site, simply out of love for a sport and his country, home or otherwise and he invite the world. He take it further and make a room for fellow diehards like himself to lime & ole talk, and basically comment pros and cons, on these things he love. He build rooms for ppl who interested in other things, and continually keep them all serviced and functioning, many ppl amazed at how he manage this. Well people like it, the crowds grow, some coe from far and wide, and with the amount of work involved, he ask some regular limers to help clean up, and keep the place presentable, keeping things on the up and in some kinda order. Of course, especially where all kind of lime, difference of opinion occur, some ppl start to get carried away, they move in, and kinda start feeling is theirs, and could behave however they want, quite obnoxious and unruly, insulting other limers, insulting themselves, and disrespecting the same things and people the man idolizes, as well as, in some cases even he himself.

Well the man and his volunteers, quietly and politely ask them to cool it, especially those that seem to repeatedly attack the same country and purpose for which he constructed the house. So the place so big, and he see things getting even more out of hand, he decided some of these people continually causing some damage to the house he built, and deeper still, the foundation of the house. Driving many of his fellow patriots away, and even more of the world visitors, who simply drop by to experience or even research, that which he loves. He acts, he issues some restraing orders, and goes to that limers room and ask ppl to chill.
Well some fellas in the room, start to tell him about freedom of speech, and basically, question his management of the place, and how he must treat he friend, family and strangers, and who he must pick to be volunteer, and who should be allowed to clean up and where and why.. They must be able to do what they want, when they want, cuss who they want..otherwise they tell him, it just wrong what he doing, protecting he establishment. I could only say "wow. Thank God for this man to come and do what he doing"
  On a personal note, the man even give me a large room to record some accomplishments of my own kids, cause I had a dream, that although they born and somewhat like myself, grow up away from that country the man love, one day, they or someone else might get some inspiration to represent that place, that me and that man love and represent. Yet those same possible future representatives, I have to tell them keep away, don't go to that house, there is to many things and issues, they will not understand (not just because of the language, but the number of occurences and negative use of such) and it could give them the wrong picture of what their people - because I always kept them aware of who their ppl were - are like, and they should not feel themselves to be foreign cause of that incorrect reflection of their culture. It bad enough they are made to feel foreign in both their lands of birth & their land of culture. Just one of the things that same foreign man built the house to protect many of us from..

Many of the ppl swear by "Land of the free and home of the brave" or sing "God keep our land glorious and free"   and demand and cry freedom , yet act the way they do here, because very few other places they actually do have that right or priveldge, and in the worse cases, it is actually tolerated... The information age bombard us with so much detail, we sometimes forget who or where we are..in somebody elses house, and we should act accordingly, as many of us from trinidad(& tobago) were raised to do.
And many only remember when time to hold on to somewhere at those times in need, or forget,or don't need or don't know our anthem, also written by a foreign born TTian.
Forged from the love of liberty
In the fires of hope and prayer
With boundless faith in our destiny
We solemnly declare:
 Side by side we stand, Islands of the blue Caribbean sea,
This our native land We pledge our lives to thee.
Here every creed and race find an equal place, And may God bless our nation
 Here every creed and race find an equal place, And may God bless our nation.

just happy to have the freedom to express this opinion and these thoughts, all personal,based on this subject within the topic of TT. Not directed at anybody or a football post, so i guess it will be moved  :salute:

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 11:51:42 PM by maxg »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2013, 11:56:45 PM »
Flex, ah surprised honestly that you make bakes a mod without even reading the mess he does post. Ah mean really?! Well maybe that is a rule to add: review posts of prospective mods.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2013, 05:01:04 AM »
Flex, ah surprised honestly that you make bakes a mod without even reading the mess he does post. Ah mean really?! Well maybe that is a rule to add: review posts of prospective mods.

I wonder if I had given you (as any other) a mod position if you would have echoed the same sentiments?

Anyways, the situation with Bakes as Mod has been over and done with. He is here to stay.

Next time, I will post a poll and do it differently and yes, fairer. I also said this a while ago, but people dont read and then come back and asked the same questions 6 months later.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 05:45:43 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2013, 05:01:44 AM »
Story time
Ah man take he time( and money) and build a house/site, simply out of love for a sport and his country, home or otherwise and he invite the world. He take it further and make a room for fellow diehards like himself to lime & ole talk, and basically comment pros and cons, on these things he love. He build rooms for ppl who interested in other things, and continually keep them all serviced and functioning, many ppl amazed at how he manage this. Well people like it, the crowds grow, some coe from far and wide, and with the amount of work involved, he ask some regular limers to help clean up, and keep the place presentable, keeping things on the up and in some kinda order. Of course, especially where all kind of lime, difference of opinion occur, some ppl start to get carried away, they move in, and kinda start feeling is theirs, and could behave however they want, quite obnoxious and unruly, insulting other limers, insulting themselves, and disrespecting the same things and people the man idolizes, as well as, in some cases even he himself.

Well the man and his volunteers, quietly and politely ask them to cool it, especially those that seem to repeatedly attack the same country and purpose for which he constructed the house. So the place so big, and he see things getting even more out of hand, he decided some of these people continually causing some damage to the house he built, and deeper still, the foundation of the house. Driving many of his fellow patriots away, and even more of the world visitors, who simply drop by to experience or even research, that which he loves. He acts, he issues some restraing orders, and goes to that limers room and ask ppl to chill.
Well some fellas in the room, start to tell him about freedom of speech, and basically, question his management of the place, and how he must treat he friend, family and strangers, and who he must pick to be volunteer, and who should be allowed to clean up and where and why.. They must be able to do what they want, when they want, cuss who they want..otherwise they tell him, it just wrong what he doing, protecting he establishment. I could only say "wow. Thank God for this man to come and do what he doing"
  On a personal note, the man even give me a large room to record some accomplishments of my own kids, cause I had a dream, that although they born and somewhat like myself, grow up away from that country the man love, one day, they or someone else might get some inspiration to represent that place, that me and that man love and represent. Yet those same possible future representatives, I have to tell them keep away, don't go to that house, there is to many things and issues, they will not understand (not just because of the language, but the number of occurences and negative use of such) and it could give them the wrong picture of what their people - because I always kept them aware of who their ppl were - are like, and they should not feel themselves to be foreign cause of that incorrect reflection of their culture. It bad enough they are made to feel foreign in both their lands of birth & their land of culture. Just one of the things that same foreign man built the house to protect many of us from..

Many of the ppl swear by "Land of the free and home of the brave" or sing "God keep our land glorious and free"   and demand and cry freedom , yet act the way they do here, because very few other places they actually do have that right or priveldge, and in the worse cases, it is actually tolerated... The information age bombard us with so much detail, we sometimes forget who or where we are..in somebody elses house, and we should act accordingly, as many of us from trinidad(& tobago) were raised to do.
And many only remember when time to hold on to somewhere at those times in need, or forget,or don't need or don't know our anthem, also written by a foreign born TTian.
We solemnly declare:

just happy to have the freedom to express this opinion and these thoughts, all personal,based on this subject within the topic of TT. Not directed at anybody or a football post, so i guess it will be moved  :salute:

Where can I buy this book sir ?

:salute:

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2013, 05:40:35 AM »

In addition to JC ban, Sam and Jack Horner received the same and its only temporary.

What is interesting is, everyone choose to ignore Flex message above and continues to bump and grind when he clearly made a stand here.

However, I dont believe Sam should be ban because he is one of the best and funniest posters here and dont normally break rules except for a little cuss here and there something I personally do not mind because he funny as shit.

Flex, why are you giving in to these handful of baby whiners and if you had make them moderator they would never had a problem. These guys only post nonsense on the forum.

They need to read maxg story really hard.

As for Bakes, did he clean up his act and I assume he is doing a decent job, so what is the problem?

JC deserved to be ban, he made too many racist comments at times.

Not sure about Jack Horner, never really paid his post any mind, just red it and laughed.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2013, 10:43:31 AM »
This is the same way people does want to act and do dey own thing in T&T.
Lack of respect for authority! Everbody want to cuss de police or anyone in charge...
Flex made a decision that he believes is in the best interest of the site.
Why can't people respect that and move on?
It is apparent that most of the 'complainers' have an issue with Bakes as both a poster and moderator. But to me, that is a personal problem. He eh violating any forum rules and if yuh eh like what he post, yuh don't have to read or respond....
All this talk about favoritism, nepotism, fascism etc. is an utter disrespect to Flex.
I feel is time Tallman step in here, tell all yuh 'haul all yuh so and so' and let we done dis chupid talk...
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2013, 12:00:16 PM »
Lack of respect for authority! Everbody want to cuss de police or anyone in charge...
It is apparent that most of the 'complainers' have an issue with Bakes as both a poster and moderator. But to me, that is a personal problem. He eh violating any forum rules and if yuh eh like what he post, yuh don't have to read or respond....
All this talk about favoritism, nepotism, fascism etc. is an utter disrespect to Flex.
I feel is time Tallman step in here, tell all yuh 'haul all yuh so and so' and let we done dis chupid talk...

Well said futbolfan.

Can't waste time arguing with a jackass who could definitely do one thing - BRAY.

I wouldn't even read is post.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2013, 12:01:02 PM »
Story time

We solemnly declare:

Max !!!

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2013, 12:49:18 PM »
Well said... People are focusing on Bakes, and kinda taking this thread the wrong way. Flex ask for suggestions, and I have not seen ONE!! Posters who want to post racist comments should not be allowed to do so, plain and simple. As far as being able to debate, give man talk, or post your opinion, then that should be without any penalties.

The Mods could lay down rules in the next 5 mins if they so please. They are the one who run the site. Who don't like it, can simply go create their own site and encourage whatever they like on it. Flex chose Bake to be a Mod, then so be it, who are we to say no to that? I come on here to enjoy what they providing us for FREE. So just follow the rules, if you don't like it, stop visiting the site and find another alternative.. Good luck with that though!

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2013, 01:08:19 PM »
I do not post much but when I read things like this I does have to reply.

Giggsy11, Mango Chow, FF and 100% Barataria you guys really amaze me, and for some senior men too. A much of red eye people who never happy. Of all, FF still do some positive stuff but the rest, please.

For the years I here never I've I seen favoritism. And to add on top of that, all the other moderators were just given the job the same way Bakes got his, there were no panel and no problem, Flex gave the job who he felt can help him out, but these whiners have something against Bakes. So the same favoritism they whining about, is the same favoritism they want against Bakes, so its not good for the goose but good for the gander.

Secondly, how much money do you guys contribute towards the site? You guys acting like you have share here or you voting for some president.

Thirdly, apart from money, do you guys actually post any sort of news or anything that can help.

Fourthly, Flex asked for suggestion since yesterday, Mango Chow could show up and talk big and argue and the others disappear with no suggestions and when Flex comes up with his own thing, they are the first to complain.

I dont contribute much and this is why I do not complain, I just appreciate the fact that I can come here and get updates and have a laugh sometimes.

Flex, Tallman, you guys continue doing a great job, thank you for this site.

Mr Maxg, that story is a true story.

;)

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:10:11 PM by Star Child »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2013, 01:26:39 PM »
Star Child, you said you don't contribute much, same here, I thank the mods for what they do and for the record this pales in comparison to the net positive from the site. When I saw the ban on Thur I did not have time to respond and was not going to, but I saw Flex's question at the top and so answered.

That said, we hold our players, admin and beloved TTFA to a level of transparency, consistency, and accountability -- Yes, I don't pay for use of the site but a question was asked to which I responded -- why would the very site that demands the above from the former be different?

Yes, rules are made to be followed, in a society, organization and this site is no different so all culpable posters deserved to be banned if they don't follow the rules, I did not disagree, where I took contention was the seeming lack of consistency, I know not Bakes from any walk of life, in fact there are precisely 2 people I really know on this site prior to its inception, so my issue with him is the seeming similar level of culpability. That said, I am told he has toned down, i'll give the benefit of the doubt, I don't read the site enough to really detect that difference...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2013, 01:41:55 PM »

I wonder if I had given you (as any other) a mod position if you would have echoed the same sentiments?

Anyways, the situation with Bakes as Mod has been over and done with. He is here to stay.

Next time, I will post a poll and do it differently and yes, fairer. I also said this a while ago, but people dont read and then come back and asked the same questions 6 months later.

very rare to we ever disagree flex but i have to agree with ribbit on this one, bakes being a mod and not being impartial but biased to many posters doesn't bode well for the website and many who haven't voiced their opinion publicly share the same sentiment when regarding the poster bakes.

however, it is your site with tallman and if you chose him that's entirely up to you and all people can do is voice their opinion. In saying that he doesn't have an objective bone in his body and has been abusive to many posters in the past and sees his opinion as the only opinion.

everything else you have spoken about i agree with almost 100% except the choice of this poster, especially when impartiality is needed.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2013, 01:54:57 PM »
and for the record, since everyone knows the mods and they have been transparent and we know eachothers real names, maybe bakes should also stop with the cowardly acts he does be on by talking about peoples names and parents and come out and be a real man and identify himself, rather than hiding behind a computer screen and sobriquet.

he should do the honorable thing since he is a mod and it demands transparency and objectivity. once again jmho
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:59:27 PM by Controversial »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2013, 02:08:50 PM »
and for the record, since everyone knows the mods and they have been transparent and we know eachothers real names, maybe bakes should also stop with the cowardly acts he does be on by talking about peoples names and parents and come out and be a real man and identify himself, rather than hiding behind a computer screen and sobriquet.

he should do the honorable thing since he is a mod and it demands transparency and objectivity. once again jmho

This thread is not about Bakes, we have the Bakes thread 5 months ago. It is also not about Flex or Tallman.

Its about Forum Rules and Guidelines.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2013, 02:47:36 PM »
I do not post much but when I read things like this I does have to reply.

Giggsy11, Mango Chow, FF and 100% Barataria you guys really amaze me, and for some senior men too. A much of red eye people who never happy. Of all, FF still do some positive stuff but the rest, please.

For the years I here never I've I seen favoritism. And to add on top of that, all the other moderators were just given the job the same way Bakes got his, there were no panel and no problem, Flex gave the job who he felt can help him out, but these whiners have something against Bakes. So the same favoritism they whining about, is the same favoritism they want against Bakes, so its not good for the goose but good for the gander.

Secondly, how much money do you guys contribute towards the site? You guys acting like you have share here or you voting for some president.

Thirdly, apart from money, do you guys actually post any sort of news or anything that can help.

Fourthly, Flex asked for suggestion since yesterday, Mango Chow could show up and talk big and argue and the others disappear with no suggestions and when Flex comes up with his own thing, they are the first to complain.

I dont contribute much and this is why I do not complain, I just appreciate the fact that I can come here and get updates and have a laugh sometimes.

Flex, Tallman, you guys continue doing a great job, thank you for this site.

Mr Maxg, that story is a true story.

;)

Just like the rest of the people that complaining against the "complainers" you are misinformed and WAY off with your assessment.  You people seem to think that I have a problem with Flex assigning King Jackass (as I chose to call him) as a moderator...clearly you people are lacking in a basic ability to read and understand basic English...maybe it's my poor vocabulary.  My eyes red from partying from early yesterday evening into early this morning and getting little sleep, not from the bullshit accusation you tryin to throw out. So let meh make it clear yet again, for the umpteenth time, I doh give a f**k that "bakes" is a moderator.  Dat is Flex padnah, dat is Flex decision and even when Flex and I spoke on the phone and he offered me the olive branch of asking me if I wanted him to rescind his appointment, I told him I don't want NO SUCH THING. (Am I lying, Flex?) I made it CLEAR to flex and all the moderators that I don't care who they assign as moderator, but I also don't care for their pm's warning me and what not for using the same language towards "bakes" that "bakes" has used towards me and other people on the forum.  I told Flex, like I told "bakes" in their respective pm's that I don't give a f**k about their warnings and they could take whatever subsequent measure they see fit, I will not "respect" him now, like some head master just because he is now moderator nor will I care what punishment is meted out. If it leads to my expulsion from the site, trust, I will not lose any sleep over it.  I know every moderator on this board is rolling their eyes because I have been responding to their (Flex') pm's with the exact same shit all up to yesterday and I know they tired of it.  Flex already asked me what I think he should do when next choosing a moderator and I suggested that he maybe take a poll.  I don't need to respond beyond that because I also told him at the end of the day, it is HIS site and he can run however he want....but don't expect to censor people when you appoint as moderator, one of the people that has needed the most censoring him/it self and not expect people to speak up on it.  Even communist governments does ketch flak for that.

At teh end of the day eh, padnah, I doh tailor and hone my posts for no "positivity" ratings....that you and other people does wanna talk dat, more suggests to me that maybe is allyuh does be wanting your posts to be seen as "positive" and every effort on your part(s) is to post "positive" for the sake of likeability and popularity points on the forum.  People does only think dat way when they lookin' fuh fren and acceptance and I am not one of them. Get yuh facts right.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2013, 04:06:04 PM »
Story time

We solemnly declare:

Great post! :thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2013, 06:54:37 PM »
I have been on this site since its inception and although I do not post as often. I am an avid reader of many of the post and topics.  Over the years, we have seen many posters come and go either because TNT football was active or not.  We have also had several moderators and the point of having a FAIR moderator in many ways is what makes this SOCAWARRIORS PLATFORM work.

Yes this platform is FREE and I am sure ALL of the posters are thankful....however, lets not forget it is also the views and input of the people that make this site what it is. This USE to be and I am of the belief it can still be a Positive SOCA WARRIORS COMMUNITY. It is with this, why a MODERATOR/MODERATORS should be someone that people respect and feel comfortable expressing there thoughts.   

You need a moderator/s who KNOW what there responsibilities are.....TO GUIDE constructive DISCUSSION, take criticism and from time to time lead discusssions, offer ideas. 

So if Flex and Tallman own this site...yes it is there forum but this forum would not be what it is without the people.  Here are a some Recommendations

1Have a vote for a Moderator -people can nominate u or can nominate yourself. 

2.Moderator elections are a 3 month maximum (if the SOCA WARRIORS Community is not happy, call new elections within 1 month).  A selection panel of people who have more than a 1000 post of 5 people who can oversee the elections.

3.Instead of having 1 moderator where there is over focus on one...what not have 2-3 moderators who can collaborate and be forced to work hand in hand to ensure a better and more progressive socawarrior online community.

4.You could have a moderator specifically for the football discussion, another for cricket, another for everything else...However, they should all be able to provide incite in each other discussions.

5.Allow moderators regardless of sex, age disparity, et al.  A mix, diversity, young moderators and older moderators, male, females. 

6. Create a red flag system whereby if the online community arent happy...and an individual gets 5 hits..He/She has to face the penalty of being banned for 3 months or be given consent by the moderators after discussion with Flex and Tallman regarding why the individual was red flagged.

7.Flex/Tallman must also abide by fair rules and ensure that there is NO favouritism for anyone...This is your platform...Don't lower your standards because he/she say "well ah wuz only kicksing" .....

8.Bring back respectability to this online community by ensuring we all stop targeting each other and show why as MaxG pointed out "Every Creed and Race can find an Equal place" and respect Ourselves. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 07:43:27 PM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2013, 11:40:18 PM »
Allyuh still talking bout this?  There are really just two things people need to realize.  To much sentiment in this issue. 

1.  The site is not what it used to be.  It has grown and now it's influence has a reach that extends beyond members, posters and readers.  So the mods need to have the policies in place and the courage to execute them. 

2. In light of what SWN has become...if you lack the ability to moderate yourself, the mods will do that for you.  In turn SWN should have a Mode of Conduct for moderators.  This should be published to the general public, so the mods themselves have accountability. 

In a real rum shop if you push it to far fights break out.  We've had many fights over the years.  IMO it's hindered the number of good posts and general good vibes that breed participation.  We need to take a step back from taking things personally, being petty and issuing personal attacks.  Moderate yourself. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:41:59 PM by Preacher »
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2013, 07:03:50 AM »
I have been on this site since its inception and although I do not post as often. I am an avid reader of many of the post and topics.  Over the years, we have seen many posters come and go either because TNT football was active or not.  We have also had several moderators and the point of having a FAIR moderator in many ways is what makes this SOCAWARRIORS PLATFORM work.

Yes this platform is FREE and I am sure ALL of the posters are thankful....however, lets not forget it is also the views and input of the people that make this site what it is. This USE to be and I am of the belief it can still be a Positive SOCA WARRIORS COMMUNITY. It is with this, why a MODERATOR/MODERATORS should be someone that people respect and feel comfortable expressing there thoughts.   

You need a moderator/s who KNOW what there responsibilities are.....TO GUIDE constructive DISCUSSION, take criticism and from time to time lead discusssions, offer ideas. 

So if Flex and Tallman own this site...yes it is there forum but this forum would not be what it is without the people.  Here are a some Recommendations

1Have a vote for a Moderator -people can nominate u or can nominate yourself. 

2.Moderator elections are a 3 month maximum (if the SOCA WARRIORS Community is not happy, call new elections within 1 month).  A selection panel of people who have more than a 1000 post of 5 people who can oversee the elections.

3.Instead of having 1 moderator where there is over focus on one...what not have 2-3 moderators who can collaborate and be forced to work hand in hand to ensure a better and more progressive socawarrior online community.

4.You could have a moderator specifically for the football discussion, another for cricket, another for everything else...However, they should all be able to provide incite in each other discussions.

5.Allow moderators regardless of sex, age disparity, et al.  A mix, diversity, young moderators and older moderators, male, females. 

6. Create a red flag system whereby if the online community arent happy...and an individual gets 5 hits..He/She has to face the penalty of being banned for 3 months or be given consent by the moderators after discussion with Flex and Tallman regarding why the individual was red flagged.

7.Flex/Tallman must also abide by fair rules and ensure that there is NO favouritism for anyone...This is your platform...Don't lower your standards because he/she say "well ah wuz only kicksing" .....

8.Bring back respectability to this online community by ensuring we all stop targeting each other and show why as MaxG pointed out "Every Creed and Race can find an Equal place" and respect Ourselves. 

Decent post, however, posters like Mango Chow is not making the site a pleasant place to be. His constant cussing at members I am sure is scaring away many. If anything he is making the site into a worst place.

I think the moderators need to do something about this guy, he has absolutely no respect for anyone especially the people in charge and no one is saying he has to bend backwards, but handle issues better and more respectable. He uses cuss words constantly, not sometimes yuh know, constantly. My wife use to post here and refuse because of people like this chap.

This site I am sure now does not need this forum. The forum was built for a luxury for us to use like big men and women, not some babyish behavior all off the time.

I refuse to communicate this this person. This guy is thinking we are looking for friends in an online community. Get real.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 08:06:44 AM by Errol »

1]; } ?>