April 24, 2024, 04:30:47 PM

Author Topic: Shooting: Daniel dedicates medals to daughter  (Read 958 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Shooting: Daniel dedicates medals to daughter
« on: August 09, 2013, 10:01:16 PM »
Daniel dedicates medals to daughter
Saturday, August 10 2013

TRIPLE World Masters shooting champion, Roger Daniel, is dedicating his recent success to his daughter Kiyomi Daniel who turned five years old on Thursday, the day after he completed his historic gold medal feat at the 2013 World Masters Games in Turin, Italy.

Daniel said his triumph on her birthday means a lot to him as she was born on the opening day of the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China. The two-time Sportsman of the Year thanked God for his achievements as well as all who have continually supported him.

“I firstly have to give thanks to God for giving me health and strength and making my way a smooth one to get here. I want to also say thanks for the support from all at home, my work, the Chief of Defence Staff, Major General Kenrick Maharaj and all other high-ranking officers (of the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force) and fellow officers,” he said.

The multiple Pan American and Commonwealth Games medallist also paid tribute to his mom and children and to the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee and the Ministry of Sports. Daniel is expected to return home on Tuesday.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
More gold for Daniel at World Masters
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 11:51:57 PM »
More gold for Daniel at World Masters
Story Created: Aug 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM ECT

Roger Daniel’s impressive form continued at the 2013 World Masters Games in Turin, Italy, adding two more gold and a silver medal to bring his tally to five.

On Tuesday, Daniel struck 25-metre Standard pistol gold, scoring 564 points to edge out home favouite Missimo Ciccioli (564) and fellow Italian Stefano Grappioli 528) into second and third respectively.

A day later, Daniel returned to the top of the podium with a 579-point showing in the centre fire pistol event. Again, Ciccioli (575) and Grappioli (566) shared the lowers steps of the podium.

But Ciccioli would take the top spot in the 25m rapid pistol event after securing 548 points, relegating Daniel (523) to second, and another Italian, Valentino Battistelli (521) to third.

Daniel had already scored 10m air pistol gold on Monday, a day after taking 50m free pistol bronze on opening day of the competition, which ends tomorrow.

The 43-year-old Army Sargeant said he was pleased with his results.

“I knew at this stage there were no room for errors,” he said. “I had no time to think. I just had to flow. I am glad I won because (the victory) helps with my preparation for next year’s CAC and Commonwealth Games.” 

Daniel added. “These two Italians (Cicciloli and Grappioli)  have been good from day one and are very good shooters. It was a great experience that had me mentally challenged and focused more than ever this year.”

T&T’s best active shooter, Daniel dedicated his success to his daughter Kiyomi Daniel, who celebrated her fifth birthday on Thursday. He pointed out that she was born on the opening day of the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China, where Daniel also competed.

“ I firstly have to give thanks to God for giving me health and strength and making my way a smooth one to get here. I want to also say thanks for the support from all at home, my work, the Chief of Defense Staff, Major General Kenrick Maharaj and all other high-ranking officers (of the Trinidad and Tobago Army) and fellow officers.

The multiple Pan American and Commonwealth Games medllist also paid tribute to his mother and children, as well as the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee, the Ministry of Sport, his friends and the media.

Daniel, a two-time First Citizens Sportsman of the Year, returns to T&T on August 13.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>