May 23, 2024, 10:27:32 AM

Author Topic: 2013/14 T&T Pro League  (Read 41847 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013/14 T&T Pro League Fixtures.
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2013, 07:01:32 AM »
FYI...

These games from December 17 was brought forward for tomorrow and Saturday, dont know why....

And they expect support, the Toyota Classic was suppose to be on the way but now cancel without proper advertisment with regular league games taking its place.....

TUESDAY

17:12:13, 6:00pm, St. Ann’s Rangers v Caledonia AIA, Hasely Crawford Stadium
17:12:13, 8:00pm, San Juan Jabloteh v Point Fortin Civic FC, Hasely Crawford Stadium
17:12:13, 6:00pm, Police FC v Defence Force, Larry Gomes Stadium
17:12:13, 8:00pm, North East Stars v Central FC, Larry Gomes Stadium

TOMORROW

01:11:13, Ato Boldon Stadium
St Ann’s Rangers vs Caledonia AIA, 6 pm
San Juan Jabloteh vs Point Fortin Civic FC, 8 pm

SATURDAY

02:11:13, Marvin Lee Stadium
Police FC vs Defence Force, 6 pm
North East Stars vs Central FC, 8 pm

Flex, not sure you have this correct?
These games are definitely Friday 1st December:

Police FC vs Defence Force, 6 pm
North East Stars vs Central FC, 8 pm       

The changes were announced over a week ago. We've been pushing our game since last Saturday. I'll check on rest of fixtures.

Yesterdays Pro League board meeting lasted around 5 hours and the main subject was availability of venues. It's causing a real problem and we are forced to use Marvin Lee which we have to pay for.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2013, 07:17:51 AM »
Well, they probably made the change a week ago, but how come the press did not know?

You cant announce a change in fixtures in an actual story release.

Anyways...

My original fixture said different.

Donkey Logic !!!

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2013, 07:42:12 AM »
Friday 1st Nov

Ato Boldon

St Ann's vs Caledonia   6pm
Jabloteh Vs Point Fortin 8pm

Marvin Lee

Police vs Defence Force
NES   vs  Central F.C.

Toyota Classic begins 8th & 9th November. Draw takes place on Monday

I believe the league were not informed that R Kelly & Neyo were booked at Hasely Crawford this weekend so Toyota Classic had to be moved back!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2013, 08:24:20 AM »
So why de f00ck de league does book games at the Hasely Crawford in de first place, is years now this happening, when they go learn.

It easier to get to de other stadiums anyway.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2013, 11:33:36 AM »
So why de f00ck de league does book games at the Hasely Crawford in de first place, is years now this happening, when they go learn.

It easier to get to de other stadiums anyway.

LOL Actually, no mate! Larry Gomes has been unavailable so far this season, as has Manny Ramjohn. Ato field will come off line once Larry and Manny come back, as it needs resting. We haven't trained twice this week as we can't find any surface not covered in water. We usually train at Ato training field, but if we do that, we will mash up the pitch.

What is really needed is each Regional Corporation to create, manage and maintain one pitch - a local Wembley if you like- that can be used for big games, cup finals and to bring the Pro League into the community. A deal could be done to split revenue with the clubs/league to aid in the expenses. Somebody, somewhere has to recognise that there is a need for decent fields.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2013, 06:12:54 PM »
Any scores yet from todays games?

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2013, 08:29:46 PM »
St. Ann’s Rangers  1   Caledonia AIA   6
Jumol Harewood (36’)
---------------------------------------------------------
Keyon Edwards (9’), (25’), (46), Noel Williams (71’), Densil Theobald (72’), Tyron Charles (84’)

San Juan Jabloteh  3   Point Fortin Civic FC   1   
Kerry Baptiste (45’),(62’),  Rennie Britto (52’)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Kelvin Modest (50’)

Police FC 1  Defence Force   2
Elijah Belgrave(58’)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Kevon Carter (15’), Jerwyn Balthazar (67’)

North East  Stars  1   Central FC    1
Anthony Wolfe (72’)
----------------------------------------------------------
Dwight Quintero (68’)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2013, 10:44:54 PM »
Brief reports:

Defence Force vs Police

Army looked busy early on, but Police started to realise that they can play football and grew more confident. The Army opener didn't dampen the Police spirits and the second half was all Police. Belgrave scored a fantastic free kick to equalise and you'd put your money on Police to get the winner. Even when Balthazar put the Army back in front with a nice goal, Police still continued to press. I believe they hit the upright and the bar but couldn't quite hit the net a second time. I thought maybe their performance vs Central was a one off, but in my opinion, Police played better football tonight. This is the best Police team I have seen and although they won't win the league, they'll be increasingly harder to beat.

North East vs Central

Very dull game with both teams set up to cancel each other out. Many poor individual performances from Central, but Marvin Oliver, as usual, was influential. Second half livened up a bit. Quintero was a half time substitute and the Winny and Quinny partnership again made an impact. First when Winchester hit top speed down the left for the first time and sent over a beautiful cross that was headed over the bar. Minutes later, Winchester produced a subliminal lob for Quintero to hit home...though only just as a defender swept in just too late to scoop the ball out.
North East took the offensive.They were finding acres of room down the flanks and a great cross saw Wolfe head home against his old club. Both teams went for the win, but finishing was poor.
A draw was a fair result, but both teams will need to buy sat navs to find the goal if they want to challenge for the top two spots.

Team       Pld      Pts
W.Conn    5         15
Pt For      6          9
Cale        6          8
Central     5         8
NES         5         7
Police       6         7
Jab          5         6
Army        5         6
St Anns    5         3

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2013, 06:30:40 AM »
Just dont make Defence Force and Caledonia catch you guys, leave them f00ckers dead last.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2013, 04:40:57 AM »
I believe the league were not informed that R Kelly & Neyo were booked at Hasely Crawford this weekend so Toyota Classic had to be moved back!

I guess the football God rain dow on them....   :devil:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=60821.msg875184#msg875184

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2013, 05:16:37 AM »
Anyone know who won this FA Trophy match; North East Stars v Police (NFA)?

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2013, 07:27:59 AM »

NES

On the TTFA facebook page has the upcoming fixtures and NES are away to Tunapuna Titans

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2013, 07:39:40 AM »

NES

On the TTFA facebook page has the upcoming fixtures and NES are away to Tunapuna Titans

Yea, thanx, but I wanted the scores. I to saw that NE progress.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2013, 06:12:53 PM »
Today's Pro League Results   

Point Fortin Civic FC  1    vs      Defence Force 3
Bevon Bass (29')                      Richard Roy (36'), Devorn Josling (70'), Kerry Joseph (87')

W Connection FC   1        vs    Central FC 0
Stefano Rijssel (78’)

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 06:26:33 PM by soccerrama »

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2013, 11:51:39 AM »

Bevon Bass (29')                      Richard Roy (36'), Devorn Josling (70'), Kerry Joseph (87')

Stefano Rijssel (78’)

What happened FS? Can't beat WConnection? Come on dude.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2013, 12:16:16 PM »
W Connection are whipping everyone in the league, a 1-0 loss isn't that bad. Besides, isn't that Rijssel supposed to be a ****-hot prospect for Suriname?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2013, 04:59:29 PM »

Stefano Rijssel (78’)

KD, if you saw how D.J. Williams celebrated, you will realise that this was a massive win for them! Especially as Central are the only team to beat them this season! I don't think either keeper had a shot to save. Both teams defended well.
Central are probably one or two players short of Connection at the moment. They are the most complete team on the field and well organised from a football perspective.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2013, 05:26:24 PM »

Stefano Rijssel (78’)

KD, if you saw how D.J. Williams celebrated, you will realise that this was a massive win for them! Especially as Central are the only team to beat them this season! I don't think either keeper had a shot to save. Both teams defended well.
Central are probably one or two players short of Connection at the moment. They are the most complete team on the field and well organised from a football perspective.
     I thought Connection lost about four of their quality players to overseas cotracts/trials.When u say they are the most complete team on the field and well organised from a Football perspective what u really mean?is it possible for them to play the same way in the Champions league?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2013, 06:43:05 PM »

Stefano Rijssel (78’)

I thought Connection lost about four of their quality players to overseas cotracts/trials.When u say they are the most complete team on the field and well organised from a Football perspective what u really mean?is it possible for them to play the same way in the Champions league?

Remember they still have a squad of around 32 players! They have fielded a virtually completely different team for the F.A. Trophy, so they can rest players. I think they will be stronger in next years champions league because the foreign imports have now settled in and are performing well. They are definitely beatable, but whoever beats them will have to be on top form. I'm pretty sure that their keeper didn't have a proper shot to save from Central. That is unforgivable. But Central closed them down for pretty much the whole game. There were times when Connection broke from a Central attack and Winchester and Peltier won tackles in their own box. At times, the Connection defence was panicked and flustered. Although Williams didn't have much to do either, Connection did have a goal disallowed for a dubious offside. The real difference between the two sides at this point is that Connection can finish and Central are struggling to find the net at times. Winchester has scored 9 and Quintero 8 in all competitions, but there have been few goals from midfield, while Connection are scoring goals from distance regularly.

Central are missing 2 or 3 quality players in my view. It may already be too late to catch Connection, but I still feel Central can win second spot. There are 6 games in Jan and 4 in Feb, and this is where the top two spots will be won and lost. Army can string together 5 or 6 wins in they focus and Caledonia could put together a run.

Meanwhile, Police are capable of an upset (as we discovered) and Rangers and Jabloteh could win a few games if they hit the target. North East are still missing Glen. They defend quite well and if they can sign a decent striker, may be in with a shout. Point are in freefall and will be praying for the xmas break.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2013, 08:29:05 AM »
So FS, you are saying that WConnection is the run away train in the league and nobody else is catching them. Well, what can I say. That may very well be the case. So, if there was an award for the best coach and management staff in the league, both awards would go to Fevrier and Williams, respectively. I look at WConnection and Fevrier's performances in the CCL and historically it has not been good. Truthfully, dude, neither has Fenwick's performances been any better, in fact, his teams have feared worse compared to Fevrier's teams.

You talked about WConnection being well organized. Maybe so, but that has me perturbed. Damn, I always wanted to use that word. But does that mean that Central FC is not well organized? This is the same Central FC coached by Fenwick who has loads of experience playing in the CCL and a former World Cup player.

I have seen videos of WConnection in action. They play the game in slow motion. Does that mean that Central was playing in slower motion? At this point in the season Central should be playing at faster speeds. Your defense should have been hustling them off the ball then maybe you would have found out that they are not as well organized as you think. Practice in slow motion and you play in slow motion and that is not going to help you in the CCL tournament, Fenwick should know this already, assuming that is Sancho's ultimate goal at least for this season seeing as how you can't catch the run away train.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 08:35:17 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2013, 09:29:06 AM »
So FS, you are saying that WConnection is the run away train in the league and nobody else is catching them. Well, what can I say. That may very well be the case. So, if there was an award for the best coach and management staff in the league, both awards would go to Fevrier and Williams, respectively. I look at WConnection and Fevrier's performances in the CCL and historically it has not been good. Truthfully, dude, neither has Fenwick's performances been any better, in fact, his teams have feared worse compared to Fevrier's teams.

You talked about WConnection being well organized. Maybe so, but that has me perturbed. Damn, I always wanted to use that word. But does that mean that Central FC is not well organized? This is the same Central FC coached by Fenwick who has loads of experience playing in the CCL and a former World Cup player.

I have seen videos of WConnection in action. They play the game in slow motion. Does that mean that Central was playing in slower motion? At this point in the season Central should be playing at faster speeds. Your defense should have been hustling them off the ball then maybe you would have found out that they are not as well organized as you think. Practice in slow motion and you play in slow motion and that is not going to help you in the CCL tournament, Fenwick should know this already, assuming that is Sancho's ultimate goal at least for this season seeing as how you can't catch the run away train.

Some good observations and the use of the word perturbed!!

If you had witnessed the recent game, Central were consistently closing down. At times you could see panic in the Connection defence, which is not usual. Even the keeper was uncomfortable with Winchester chasing him down.

As for well organised, I don't mean on the field, I mean as a club. Connection have been around for something like 13 years. They have a set up that clubs should aspire to. They have decent people who have been around the club for years and who know their roles intimately. There youth programme is very good. They always look professional. My only criticisms there are that they don't do enough off the field in my opinion. But then again, I think they did at first. Maybe in 10 years time, Central won't bother either if supporters and the community don't respond?

Personally, I think Central are two or three players short of Connection at the moment. North East Stars just need a striker. Haven't seen enough of Caledonia this season to comment. Army are always strong up front, but don't have a brilliant strike ratio. They remind me of Keegan's Newcastle! Point need one or two more players, Police are the best I've seen them, but still need players. Rangers and Jabloteh will fare better next season, but they have exciting players.

Also, Guaya, Malabbar and Sando would be good additions, but again need one or two more players to challenge.

All in all, I'm happy with our second season, so far. Would be nice to win the F.A. Trophy, but our focus is on 1st or 2nd spot. It's unlikely that anyone will catch Connection, but all teams have a bad spell. I think Central are in their bad spell now. But as Rangers and Jabloteh get stronger and other teams take advantage of the transfer window, we may see Connection drop points. Our job is to achieve a 6 or 7 game unbeaten run if they do.

Finally, in the first half of the season, you want to study your squad and look for weaknesses, but stay in contention. You make your changes in early Jan and make a run for the title. My concern is that Connection may get even stronger!!

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2013, 11:28:54 AM »
Thanks for your response, FS. I know I can count on you to give me an intelligent response unlike some people on this forum. Ooops. ;D :'(

Once again, you come up against WConnection in the FA Trophy finals. What is Fenwick's game plan going into this one. The last time these two teams met, they sent you and the entire league and the Super league a message and you yourself said it that "you gotta be on your best game to beat them". They believe that no one can beat them right now and that includes Central FC, how does Fenwick prepare his team for that kind of opponent?

Good luck in the finals, Central is going to need a lot of it to beat the run away train.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2013, 12:15:54 PM »
Thanks for your response, FS. I know I can count on you to give me an intelligent response unlike some people on this forum. Ooops. ;D :'(

Once again, you come up against WConnection in the FA Trophy finals. What is Fenwick's game plan going into this one. The last time these two teams met, they sent you and the entire league and the Super league a message and you yourself said it that "you gotta be on your best game to beat them". They believe that no one can beat them right now and that includes Central FC, how does Fenwick prepare his team for that kind of opponent?

Good luck in the finals, Central is going to need a lot of it to beat the run away train.

Terry's game plan?  Machine guns and machetes lol
We've played them twice and conceded one goal. Guess all we need to do is score two!!!

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2013, 02:37:19 PM »

Terry's game plan?  Machine guns and machetes lol
We've played them twice and conceded one goal. Guess all we need to do is score two!!!

And eleven fellas from Laventille. :devil:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2013, 10:19:15 PM »
Friday 20th December  Hasely Crawford Stadium

Police F.C. 1 - 0  North East Stars
Ryan 31'

San Juan Jabloteh 0 - Defence Force 2
                              Balthazar 44'
                              Russell jnr 86'

Attendance: >50

Police vs North East was a close fought midfield battle. Anton Wolfe had so little service, he must have felt that his team mates thought he had already left for India! That said, if Stars can find a 12 goal striker, they will be hard to beat. As it was, Police persisted ruggedly throughout the game and Stars held their ground. The most interesting spell was 10 minutes into the second half when the sides traded yellow cards, blow for blow, resulting in 2 yellows each in a 15 minute period. The game threatened to become a boxing match, but the ref gained control without reaching for the red. Police look better this season than I've seen them before, but they will be lucky to finish higher than 4th spot. The same can be said for North East if they don't sign a replacement for Corneal Glen in the window.

Jabloteh are nice to watch and went at Army with three across the back. Ex-Central stopper Dario Holmes was like a rock through most of the game. I believe the Tobago ex national U17 defender is still under 20, but you would not have guessed it from his performance. Jabloteh just need to get composure in front of goal - and not just their youngsters. Kerry Baptiste found himself in enough space in front of goal to build another Lara stadium but took too many touches and was dispossessed. Army played their usual game this season: not very attacking, but lethal when given enough chances. They had 5 across the back at times and allowed San Juan to come on to them and defended in front of the 18 yard box. But you feel that the defence can be unlocked by a master tactician or a game changer such as Joevin Jones. Army will be there or there abouts, but I don't think they'll make a top two finish. Jabloteh are building nicely and next season they could be challengers.   

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2013, 08:01:53 AM »
Police number 2 in de league now, this is a first after 8 games.

Ah surprise Angus Eve eh get buss throat yet.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 08:34:41 AM by Sam »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2013, 09:02:20 AM »
50 people? Shame...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2014, 06:49:29 PM »
Caledonia AIA 2-1 Point Fortin Civic FC. Jamal Gay scored both goals for Caledonia and Kendall Davis got the lone item for Point.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2014, 09:26:02 PM »
Defence Force 1-1 W-Connection. Jerrel Britto scored for Connection.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:30:35 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2014, 09:59:33 PM »
50 people? Shame...

Dey was cleaning they house 4 xmas.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>